Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | collapsible spoilers /spoiler tag revamp
1 2
I will never not support suggestions like these, being from a forum where spoiler buttons are a thing. The current spoiler tags could potentially stay but be changed to ispoiler tags (inline spoilers), for the few people that might use the current one
I would love to have the button tags here, would make it a lot easier to show stuff I make because those tend to be either really big blocks of text wall, or massive images that I took on a phone-
I will never not support suggestions like these, being from a forum where spoiler buttons are a thing. The current spoiler tags could potentially stay but be changed to ispoiler tags (inline spoilers), for the few people that might use the current one
I would love to have the button tags here, would make it a lot easier to show stuff I make because those tend to be either really big blocks of text wall, or massive images that I took on a phone-
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
god please @_@ why are so many of the features on this site from like 2010
tiny_gecko.png
visit Mr. Wiggles
for Gecko adopts!
owlbannersmall.png
check out my
skins & accents!
[quote name="owlsomniac" date="2023-10-18 15:21:51" ] god please @_@ why are so many of the features on this site from like 2010 [/quote] That would be because the site opened in 2013, the dev team is small, and they have a lot of things to do. Some things get left by the wayside by necessity! That said, I would like to see a spoiler function with more usability
owlsomniac wrote on 2023-10-18 15:21:51:
That would be because the site opened in 2013, the dev team is small, and they have a lot of things to do. Some things get left by the wayside by necessity!

That said, I would like to see a spoiler function with more usability
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Can this please be a thing, already. It's 2024. As a Code Wizard and habitual thread-maker, I desperately need this feature, already. Especially for my art shop, which needs a lot of images to load in-- making it difficult for people on slower connections, people with screen-readers, people with chronic pain, and a plethora of other various accessibility reasons. I am sorry to be a grump on main but like. It's been over a decade. I have admined and developed for many forums in the last 30 years with only myself and maybe 1-2 others max on my team. They do not have to develop this feature, themselves. It is a preexisting function within the base codebase that they have co-opted into their Forum-Based website. A function that has existed in this syntax since the late 90's/early 2000's. There [u]is[/u] no excuse. Accessibility should be the forefront, not the afterthought. [emoji=veilspun deadpan size=1]
Can this please be a thing, already. It's 2024. As a Code Wizard and habitual thread-maker, I desperately need this feature, already. Especially for my art shop, which needs a lot of images to load in-- making it difficult for people on slower connections, people with screen-readers, people with chronic pain, and a plethora of other various accessibility reasons.

I am sorry to be a grump on main but like. It's been over a decade. I have admined and developed for many forums in the last 30 years with only myself and maybe 1-2 others max on my team.

They do not have to develop this feature, themselves. It is a preexisting function within the base codebase that they have co-opted into their Forum-Based website. A function that has existed in this syntax since the late 90's/early 2000's. There is no excuse.

Accessibility should be the forefront, not the afterthought.
sixivRf.gif
Astral - 1990 - They/Them
Freelance Artist for hire!

Art Shop | Hatchery

AVEOprG.png
Agreed, being able to spoiler images or long blocks of text more effectively would be extremely useful.

(And let's face it, anyone who would abuse the feature would find a way to do so anyway, the chance of someone hiding an inappropriate image shouldn't be an excuse to avoid accessibility).
Agreed, being able to spoiler images or long blocks of text more effectively would be extremely useful.

(And let's face it, anyone who would abuse the feature would find a way to do so anyway, the chance of someone hiding an inappropriate image shouldn't be an excuse to avoid accessibility).
Support! Would love to see something like this implemented, or just more flexibility in coding in general. Any additions to this feature would be so awesome to see.
Support! Would love to see something like this implemented, or just more flexibility in coding in general. Any additions to this feature would be so awesome to see.
Mqw5b1R.gif
[quote name="Inkdrop" date="2023-01-25 18:17:33" ] Full support. As things stand, I cannot read spoiler text at all without copy + pasting it into my reply box. Highlighting it does not work for me. [/quote] Same, when I’m on mobile, quite frustrating
Inkdrop wrote on 2023-01-25 18:17:33:
Full support. As things stand, I cannot read spoiler text at all without copy + pasting it into my reply box. Highlighting it does not work for me.

Same, when I’m on mobile, quite frustrating
Support! Although a "click to reveal" feature for spoilered text (similar to Discord) could work, too.
Support! Although a "click to reveal" feature for spoilered text (similar to Discord) could work, too.
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
[quote name="DraconicMusic" date="2024-04-24 13:15:48" ] Support! Although a "click to reveal" feature for spoilered text (similar to Discord) could work, too. [/quote] I'd prefer that as its own thing (an inline spoiler) rather than having it take the place of a button, personally.
DraconicMusic wrote on 2024-04-24 13:15:48:
I'd prefer that as its own thing (an inline spoiler) rather than having it take the place of a button, personally.
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
1 2