Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make Silhouette Scroll Slightly Cheaper
1 2 3 4
I expected it to be 1kg minimum given its permanence after being applied, and was genuinely surprised to see it was a measly 400g. A few days of maxing fairgrounds could easily net you the amount needed for one of them.

Also, lowering gem prices after release is a bit of a no-no, as much as I wish things like gem scenes were cheaper.
I expected it to be 1kg minimum given its permanence after being applied, and was genuinely surprised to see it was a measly 400g. A few days of maxing fairgrounds could easily net you the amount needed for one of them.

Also, lowering gem prices after release is a bit of a no-no, as much as I wish things like gem scenes were cheaper.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
since this is a toggle that you can flick on and off as many times as you like and however you like, and it stays on the dragon forever regardless of what you do with it, i'm cool with 400g.

just the fact that it can be applied, turned off, and then applied again makes it a more valuable alteration than any of the other scrolls or boons on offer. none of them give you that option. they're all or nothing and if they become 'nothing' you have to buy a new one. if you turn this on and off once even just to doublecheck that you prefer their outfit better on the opposite pose you've doubled its value just by not having to buy a new one. (which can't be said of permababies, or eye changes.)

scatterscrolls are low because typically you need more than one to get a desirable outcome. they're not a targeted change, so they don't really factor here. (i have my own opinions about the price of those given that fact but that's for another thread)
since this is a toggle that you can flick on and off as many times as you like and however you like, and it stays on the dragon forever regardless of what you do with it, i'm cool with 400g.

just the fact that it can be applied, turned off, and then applied again makes it a more valuable alteration than any of the other scrolls or boons on offer. none of them give you that option. they're all or nothing and if they become 'nothing' you have to buy a new one. if you turn this on and off once even just to doublecheck that you prefer their outfit better on the opposite pose you've doubled its value just by not having to buy a new one. (which can't be said of permababies, or eye changes.)

scatterscrolls are low because typically you need more than one to get a desirable outcome. they're not a targeted change, so they don't really factor here. (i have my own opinions about the price of those given that fact but that's for another thread)
Well it's permanently toggleable soo the price is fine?
I think permababy scrolls should be a tiny bit cheaper because you have to pay 200 gems to make them an adult again with that boon I forgot the name of... and I'm not even sure if it actually turns a permababy back to adult, I'm just guessing
Well it's permanently toggleable soo the price is fine?
I think permababy scrolls should be a tiny bit cheaper because you have to pay 200 gems to make them an adult again with that boon I forgot the name of... and I'm not even sure if it actually turns a permababy back to adult, I'm just guessing
- Subspecies Hatchery
- Amazing video on how to get free gems
- Cauldron Service
| She/Her | +3 FR time | Ping me! | Rest your eyes! |
[quote] I'm not even sure if it actually turns a permababy back to adult, I'm just guessing[/quote] It does
Quote:
I'm not even sure if it actually turns a permababy back to adult, I'm just guessing

It does
I see no reason to lower the price, especially of a gem item. It isn't really good to compare this to a scatterscroll, as the scatterscroll is cheap because it hardcore randomizes your dragon's colours and there's no guarantee you will like what you are getting out of it. After all, you know exactly what you are getting from this scroll and you don't have to buy it again just to change the dragon back (see eternal youth and maturity scrolls). It is a toggle that will always be there as long as the dragon exists on site. You buy it once and never have to buy it again. This adds that extra value to the item and the dragon since the new owner won't need to buy the item either.

Honestly, I think the price is more than reasonable. I'd have expected around 800-1,000 gems for the item considering it is a one time thing that stays no matter who the dragon goes to. The item, if anything, is worth more than it was priced at due to the permanency and universal (referring to player to player) usage it provides.
I see no reason to lower the price, especially of a gem item. It isn't really good to compare this to a scatterscroll, as the scatterscroll is cheap because it hardcore randomizes your dragon's colours and there's no guarantee you will like what you are getting out of it. After all, you know exactly what you are getting from this scroll and you don't have to buy it again just to change the dragon back (see eternal youth and maturity scrolls). It is a toggle that will always be there as long as the dragon exists on site. You buy it once and never have to buy it again. This adds that extra value to the item and the dragon since the new owner won't need to buy the item either.

Honestly, I think the price is more than reasonable. I'd have expected around 800-1,000 gems for the item considering it is a one time thing that stays no matter who the dragon goes to. The item, if anything, is worth more than it was priced at due to the permanency and universal (referring to player to player) usage it provides.
Yeah, as many people here I've been pleasantly surprised with this price, actually. 400g is not too much to begin with, and considering its usefulness for both lore and aesthetic purposes, I say it's totally worth it.
Yeah, as many people here I've been pleasantly surprised with this price, actually. 400g is not too much to begin with, and considering its usefulness for both lore and aesthetic purposes, I say it's totally worth it.
I don’t like that the other specialty items are 350g and this is 400g. So I agree. I would’ve preferred consistency. Also, I don’t know why it is a permanent change. It would’ve been better if Eternal Youth was a toggle, because again, consistency.

Unfortunately the price can’t be changed now and I don’t think get marketplace items have ever changed in price. Might as well have made it 500g though, because that’s a better number (imo)

I don’t like that the other specialty items are 350g and this is 400g. So I agree. I would’ve preferred consistency. Also, I don’t know why it is a permanent change. It would’ve been better if Eternal Youth was a toggle, because again, consistency.

Unfortunately the price can’t be changed now and I don’t think get marketplace items have ever changed in price. Might as well have made it 500g though, because that’s a better number (imo)

[quote]I don’t like that the other specialty items are 350g and this is 400g. So I agree. I would’ve preferred consistency.[/quote] Swiftbrood Boon is 150G, Scroll of Maturity is 200G, Glowing and Naive Eye Vials are 200G. No such thing as "consistency." [quote]It would’ve been better if Eternal Youth was a toggle, because again, consistency.[/quote] There are things hatchlings cannot do that adults can do, therefore, it cannot be a toggle.
Quote:
I don’t like that the other specialty items are 350g and this is 400g. So I agree. I would’ve preferred consistency.

Swiftbrood Boon is 150G, Scroll of Maturity is 200G, Glowing and Naive Eye Vials are 200G.

No such thing as "consistency."

Quote:
It would’ve been better if Eternal Youth was a toggle, because again, consistency.

There are things hatchlings cannot do that adults can do, therefore, it cannot be a toggle.
I don't think this is necessary. The fact that it's a toggle makes 400 a pretty generous price, in my opinion. I think I would have been pleased with even 500.
I don't think this is necessary. The fact that it's a toggle makes 400 a pretty generous price, in my opinion. I think I would have been pleased with even 500.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Valemora" date="2020-09-15 16:25:19" ] Yeah, as many people here I've been pleasantly surprised with this price, actually. 400g is not too much to begin with, and considering its usefulness for both lore and aesthetic purposes, I say it's totally worth it. [/quote] Same here. If this had been an 'apply once, and then have to reapply to change again' I wouldn't have been surprised at the price. But this is an 'apply once, and never apply again' which makes it frankly very cheap to me. Plus, I am always hesitant to want prices to change after they have been released, without an extremely compelling argument. This opens the can of worms of 'do you refund the extra money?' If so what about people who bought it from the Auction house instead of the MP. How do they get their 'refunds' or are they just out of luck?
Valemora wrote on 2020-09-15 16:25:19:
Same here.

If this had been an 'apply once, and then have to reapply to change again' I wouldn't have been surprised at the price. But this is an 'apply once, and never apply again' which makes it frankly very cheap to me.

Plus, I am always hesitant to want prices to change after they have been released, without an extremely compelling argument. This opens the can of worms of 'do you refund the extra money?' If so what about people who bought it from the Auction house instead of the MP. How do they get their 'refunds' or are they just out of luck?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4