Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nest Flight Change Scroll
1 2 3
Support! This sounds like a good measure for security so dragons don’t get stolen!

Plus, a way to fit it in with lore is that your clan temporarily ‘rents’ some land in another territory for a fee.
Support! This sounds like a good measure for security so dragons don’t get stolen!

Plus, a way to fit it in with lore is that your clan temporarily ‘rents’ some land in another territory for a fee.
I support. My dream dragon has nature eyes, but I don't trust people easily and I don't have the gems to travel back to earth once I finish the project if I switched to nature.
I support. My dream dragon has nature eyes, but I don't trust people easily and I don't have the gems to travel back to earth once I finish the project if I switched to nature.
66283183.png 66719993.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-05-10 14:50:05" ] Even if you know the most trustworthy person in the world, someone who would never do anything wrong, and always be on time and up to date with things, things happen. Their internet might go down, they might get sick, they might lose computer access for a while. Even if nest renting were supported, I would want something like this because not everyone wants to deal with another person. [/quote] Then no support. You should have to switch flights in order to switch nest types, and it should cost 1500g. Edit: Unnecessary 6-month cooldown.
Jemadar wrote on 2020-05-10 14:50:05:
Even if you know the most trustworthy person in the world, someone who would never do anything wrong, and always be on time and up to date with things, things happen. Their internet might go down, they might get sick, they might lose computer access for a while. Even if nest renting were supported, I would want something like this because not everyone wants to deal with another person.

Then no support. You should have to switch flights in order to switch nest types, and it should cost 1500g. Edit: Unnecessary 6-month cooldown.
Full support. I don't understand people saying you should just change your flight EVERY time you want different eyes on a project pair, for example. Especially since that's impossible for more than one reason. Say you're doing two projects at once and you want two different eye colors. What are you supposed to do then? Put off one of them until the first is done and then switch flights AGAIN and then not be able to hatch in your home fight for another 6 months?

No, we need a way to get different eyes without risking our dragons. This is a good solution and could be a very effective treasure/item sink (if Baldwin) or a way for the site to make money off gems (if a gem item).

Think of it this way, there are many users who will never change flights, for any reason. But they might want the occasional different eye color. Right now, the site is making 0 money through gem purchases off these people because it doesn't take gems to rent nests. But if they could buy an elemental change, suddenly, they have a reason to buy gems! The site benefits, the users benefit...and so what if a couple people don't change flights as often? Who does that hurt, exactly?
Full support. I don't understand people saying you should just change your flight EVERY time you want different eyes on a project pair, for example. Especially since that's impossible for more than one reason. Say you're doing two projects at once and you want two different eye colors. What are you supposed to do then? Put off one of them until the first is done and then switch flights AGAIN and then not be able to hatch in your home fight for another 6 months?

No, we need a way to get different eyes without risking our dragons. This is a good solution and could be a very effective treasure/item sink (if Baldwin) or a way for the site to make money off gems (if a gem item).

Think of it this way, there are many users who will never change flights, for any reason. But they might want the occasional different eye color. Right now, the site is making 0 money through gem purchases off these people because it doesn't take gems to rent nests. But if they could buy an elemental change, suddenly, they have a reason to buy gems! The site benefits, the users benefit...and so what if a couple people don't change flights as often? Who does that hurt, exactly?
@luccamajere

If this item existed, it should cost between 1200g-1500g (the cost of switching Flights)

If it were an inexpensive/ treasure item then there's nothing special about being in any Flight since you have easy access to all the eye colours.

Otherwise, people can rent nests for free. Depends on user preference of course.

"Why make it expensive if people can just rent nests for free instead" then do that.
@luccamajere

If this item existed, it should cost between 1200g-1500g (the cost of switching Flights)

If it were an inexpensive/ treasure item then there's nothing special about being in any Flight since you have easy access to all the eye colours.

Otherwise, people can rent nests for free. Depends on user preference of course.

"Why make it expensive if people can just rent nests for free instead" then do that.
Support.

Flight Rising is ultimately a breeding game and many people breed with a certain eye color in mind for their final dragon. The nest rental services created by the user-base are wonderful but ultimately they're pretty much no different in my eyes than the Gene Preview services that users used to provide before the days of the Scrying Workshop. A safe site-supported way to temporarily change a single nest would be a great QoL improvement as well as provide an extremely desirable and repeatable currency sink be it in gems or (preferably) treasure.
Support.

Flight Rising is ultimately a breeding game and many people breed with a certain eye color in mind for their final dragon. The nest rental services created by the user-base are wonderful but ultimately they're pretty much no different in my eyes than the Gene Preview services that users used to provide before the days of the Scrying Workshop. A safe site-supported way to temporarily change a single nest would be a great QoL improvement as well as provide an extremely desirable and repeatable currency sink be it in gems or (preferably) treasure.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Support, and I think it should be inexpensive enough that most people wouldn't just keep doing unsupported nest rentals. (Or else make it expensive and permanent, that's good too.)
Support, and I think it should be inexpensive enough that most people wouldn't just keep doing unsupported nest rentals. (Or else make it expensive and permanent, that's good too.)
[quote name="pfvupl" date="2020-05-15 18:13:02" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2020-05-10 14:50:05" ] Even if you know the most trustworthy person in the world, someone who would never do anything wrong, and always be on time and up to date with things, things happen. Their internet might go down, they might get sick, they might lose computer access for a while. Even if nest renting were supported, I would want something like this because not everyone wants to deal with another person. [/quote] Then no support. You should have to switch flights in order to switch nest types, and it should cost 1500g. Edit: Unnecessary 6-month cooldown. [/quote] If someone wants most or all of their dragons with a different flight's eye color, then yes, but people aren't going to switch flights if they want two nests with water eyes and they are currently in plague. Thus, the site is losing money. They aren't going to switch if they want a variety of colors besides their own. Thus the site is losing money. If players had this ability to change the nest colors, and it were moderately expensive/difficult to obtain, then the site will gain money (through ad revenue if it isn't a gem item, and through gem purchases and ad revenue if it is) from it, while still keeping changing your flight as a viable and more attractive option if you want a large number of nests to be a different element. Though, even if it were on the cheaper side, as long as it were gem purchase only, then the site would ultimately gain more money, even from the players who want most of their nests to be a specific element, because those players will have to keep purchasing this item. Ultimately they would end up spending more money than a flight change. Say it is 200 gems. You have five nests. Change all five, no matter to what element, and the site just gained a 1000 gem purchase (even if the player didn't buy gems from the site directly, or even used ony 'free' gems, ultimately either those gems came from someone who did purchase gems or it removes the 'free' gems from the economy completely.). That is one round of hatching. Five days later, if the person does a lot of nesting, there is another 1000 gem purchase. In 10 days, (or 12) the site has had purchases of 2000 gems, more than the 1500, once in six months, flight change. Even if the person only does one nest every five days, that still only takes 8 nests to be more than the flight change. That is (should be) 40 days before the nest change has overtaken the ~180 day flight change option. Edit: also, again, since nest renting is unsupported, it shouldn't be considered. Nor should it be a reason that the developers decide 'oh, I don't want to add this option because we already have people doing nest renting services' because, you know, they are unsupported. AND, they can't be used for progens. so if it happens that you want your progen's children to have different eyes, you are out of luck completely.
pfvupl wrote on 2020-05-15 18:13:02:
Jemadar wrote on 2020-05-10 14:50:05:
Even if you know the most trustworthy person in the world, someone who would never do anything wrong, and always be on time and up to date with things, things happen. Their internet might go down, they might get sick, they might lose computer access for a while. Even if nest renting were supported, I would want something like this because not everyone wants to deal with another person.

Then no support. You should have to switch flights in order to switch nest types, and it should cost 1500g. Edit: Unnecessary 6-month cooldown.
If someone wants most or all of their dragons with a different flight's eye color, then yes, but people aren't going to switch flights if they want two nests with water eyes and they are currently in plague. Thus, the site is losing money.

They aren't going to switch if they want a variety of colors besides their own. Thus the site is losing money.

If players had this ability to change the nest colors, and it were moderately expensive/difficult to obtain, then the site will gain money (through ad revenue if it isn't a gem item, and through gem purchases and ad revenue if it is) from it, while still keeping changing your flight as a viable and more attractive option if you want a large number of nests to be a different element.

Though, even if it were on the cheaper side, as long as it were gem purchase only, then the site would ultimately gain more money, even from the players who want most of their nests to be a specific element, because those players will have to keep purchasing this item. Ultimately they would end up spending more money than a flight change.

Say it is 200 gems. You have five nests. Change all five, no matter to what element, and the site just gained a 1000 gem purchase (even if the player didn't buy gems from the site directly, or even used ony 'free' gems, ultimately either those gems came from someone who did purchase gems or it removes the 'free' gems from the economy completely.). That is one round of hatching. Five days later, if the person does a lot of nesting, there is another 1000 gem purchase.

In 10 days, (or 12) the site has had purchases of 2000 gems, more than the 1500, once in six months, flight change. Even if the person only does one nest every five days, that still only takes 8 nests to be more than the flight change. That is (should be) 40 days before the nest change has overtaken the ~180 day flight change option.

Edit: also, again, since nest renting is unsupported, it shouldn't be considered. Nor should it be a reason that the developers decide 'oh, I don't want to add this option because we already have people doing nest renting services' because, you know, they are unsupported. AND, they can't be used for progens. so if it happens that you want your progen's children to have different eyes, you are out of luck completely.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar Why would it only cost 200g to do this? Why shouldn't it cost 1200g? What's the point of paying 1500g to switch Flights if you can pay 200g for any elemental nest? It's the only cosmetic reason to change Flights, and that's a pretty big deal to me. [quote]AND, they can't be used for progens. so if it happens that you want your progen's children to have different eyes, you are out of luck completely[/quote] Most people seeking this service are not seeking it for their progens; at that point they should have to commit to switching Flights, and I've seen people do this. I don't think it should really be considered because it's so uncommon-- most pairings are not progens. They're not out of luck completely if they can always pay 1500g to change Flights. This isn't the perfect solution, but it could be improved if there was no 6-month cooldown. [quote]Edit: also, again, since nest renting is unsupported, it shouldn't be considered. Nor should it be a reason that the developers decide 'oh, I don't want to add this option because we already have people doing nest renting services' because, you know, they are unsupported. [/quote] Even though nest renting is unsupported, it should be considered, because people do it on a wide scale in every Flight. It's organised crime at this point. It is the current alternative to this suggestion, whether supported or not. Whatever we suggest is a direct alternative to nest renting. The problem with nest renting is that it doesn't afford any real security. If you could pay a monetary amount for security, I think it should be high.
@Jemadar

Why would it only cost 200g to do this? Why shouldn't it cost 1200g? What's the point of paying 1500g to switch Flights if you can pay 200g for any elemental nest? It's the only cosmetic reason to change Flights, and that's a pretty big deal to me.

Quote:
AND, they can't be used for progens. so if it happens that you want your progen's children to have different eyes, you are out of luck completely
Most people seeking this service are not seeking it for their progens; at that point they should have to commit to switching Flights, and I've seen people do this. I don't think it should really be considered because it's so uncommon-- most pairings are not progens. They're not out of luck completely if they can always pay 1500g to change Flights. This isn't the perfect solution, but it could be improved if there was no 6-month cooldown.

Quote:
Edit: also, again, since nest renting is unsupported, it shouldn't be considered. Nor should it be a reason that the developers decide 'oh, I don't want to add this option because we already have people doing nest renting services' because, you know, they are unsupported.
Even though nest renting is unsupported, it should be considered, because people do it on a wide scale in every Flight. It's organised crime at this point. It is the current alternative to this suggestion, whether supported or not. Whatever we suggest is a direct alternative to nest renting.

The problem with nest renting is that it doesn't afford any real security. If you could pay a monetary amount for security, I think it should be high.
I'd support this if the price or restrictions were sufficient. Suggestions I've seen here that I like are that it should cost more than a flight change since you're not having to deal with the change-back cooldown, can only be applied to one nest at a time, and/or limits the number of eggs. Maybe it also cannot be booned.

As others have said, no matter how trustworthy the host, real life happens. For all you know, your nest host could get hit by a bus, and because renting isn't supported, the staff can't help you then.

Also, if the price on this is high enough, it's available for those who want 100% security, while not completely killing off nest renting and the value of being in different flights for less precious dragons. You're not gonna wanna shell out hundreds of gems every time you nest a pair unless it's a very precious pair.
I'd support this if the price or restrictions were sufficient. Suggestions I've seen here that I like are that it should cost more than a flight change since you're not having to deal with the change-back cooldown, can only be applied to one nest at a time, and/or limits the number of eggs. Maybe it also cannot be booned.

As others have said, no matter how trustworthy the host, real life happens. For all you know, your nest host could get hit by a bus, and because renting isn't supported, the staff can't help you then.

Also, if the price on this is high enough, it's available for those who want 100% security, while not completely killing off nest renting and the value of being in different flights for less precious dragons. You're not gonna wanna shell out hundreds of gems every time you nest a pair unless it's a very precious pair.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
1 2 3