Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exclude Fiona exclusive fams from flatte
1 2 3 4 5
I suppose I agree that it makes sense that the priority possibly go like this:
Lowest to Highest
Awakened Familiars - Unawakened Fiona Familiars - Unawakened Owned Familairs - Unowned Unawakened Familiars

Not that they be excluded entirely, though; just that they might be able to have their own level of lower priority. Probably balanced the same as the current priority (that is, making unowned familiars a lower priority than they are currently)? I had two awakened familiars show up in flattery today, one yesterday, and two the day before, so they still show up rather frequently.

I don't know that there are actually currently three levels of priority right now, also. But it would make sense if there were.
Lowest to Highest
Awakened Familiars - Unawakened Fiona Familiars - Unawakened Owned Familairs - Unowned Unawakened Familiars

Not that they be excluded entirely, though; just that they might be able to have their own level of lower priority. Probably balanced the same as the current priority (that is, making unowned familiars a lower priority than they are currently)? I had two awakened familiars show up in flattery today, one yesterday, and two the day before, so they still show up rather frequently.

I don't know that there are actually currently three levels of priority right now, also. But it would make sense if there were.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-02-23 13:20:09" ] No support, Flattery absolutely should prioritize unobtained familiars. You don't have to use the Flattery if you don't want to, that's on you. [/quote] I never said it shouldn’t??? I absolutely 100% agree it should prioritize unbotained familiars, which is why I think removing the recolors from the pool would help. I don’t think you read my suggestion properly, I love the idea of flatter, I just think a small tweak should be made. Because then it can push unobtained rarer familiars, such as retired and boss familiars. And then if you complete a feat through flattery you can get their recolor and bond with it anyway. Which is what the intended point of Fiona is.
Corviknight wrote on 2020-02-23 13:20:09:
No support, Flattery absolutely should prioritize unobtained familiars.

You don't have to use the Flattery if you don't want to, that's on you.

I never said it shouldn’t??? I absolutely 100% agree it should prioritize unbotained familiars, which is why I think removing the recolors from the pool would help. I don’t think you read my suggestion properly, I love the idea of flatter, I just think a small tweak should be made. Because then it can push unobtained rarer familiars, such as retired and boss familiars. And then if you complete a feat through flattery you can get their recolor and bond with it anyway. Which is what the intended point of Fiona is.
3RvEHPl.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-02-23 13:37:16" ] I suppose I agree that it makes sense that the priority possibly go like this: Lowest to Highest Awakened Familiars - Unawakened Fiona Familiars - Unawakened Owned Familairs - Unowned Unawakened Familiars Not that they be excluded entirely, though; just that they might be able to have their own level of lower priority. Probably balanced the same as the current priority (that is, making unowned familiars a lower priority than they are currently)? I had two awakened familiars show up in flattery today, one yesterday, and two the day before, so they still show up rather frequently. I don't know that there are actually currently three levels of priority right now, also. But it would make sense if there were.[/quote] The way I read the introductory part that read "the feature will generally prioritize familiars that you don't own, are not Awakened, or a combination of the two" it sounds like there is some kind of priority but it isn't a clear cut hierarchy. It may be as simple as Awakened familiars and non Awakened familiars in which case breaking it into Awakened familiar -- Owned Familiars -- Unowned Familiars would make more sense I personally don't see the need to differentiate Fiona exclusive familiars from other familiars but if they were going to differentiate between Fiona exclusive familiars or not, I'd personally prefer the following low priority to high priority listing be:[LIST] [*]Awakened Familiars (Owned or Not) [*]Owned Unawakened Familiars [*]Unowned Unawakened Fiona Familiars [*]Unowned Unawakened Familiars [/LIST]
Almedha wrote on 2020-02-23 13:37:16:

Lowest to Highest

The way I read the introductory part that read "the feature will generally prioritize familiars that you don't own, are not Awakened, or a combination of the two" it sounds like there is some kind of priority but it isn't a clear cut hierarchy. It may be as simple as Awakened familiars and non Awakened familiars in which case breaking it into Awakened familiar -- Owned Familiars -- Unowned Familiars would make more sense

I personally don't see the need to differentiate Fiona exclusive familiars from other familiars but if they were going to differentiate between Fiona exclusive familiars or not, I'd personally prefer the following low priority to high priority listing be:
  • Awakened Familiars (Owned or Not)
  • Owned Unawakened Familiars
  • Unowned Unawakened Fiona Familiars
  • Unowned Unawakened Familiars
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote]which is why I think removing the recolors from the pool would help[/quote] I don't own the Flattery familiars, so it wouldn't help me.
Quote:
which is why I think removing the recolors from the pool would help

I don't own the Flattery familiars, so it wouldn't help me.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-02-23 15:03:32" ] [quote]which is why I think removing the recolors from the pool would help[/quote] I don't own the Flattery familiars, so it wouldn't help me. [/quote] I don’t think you understand my suggestion.
Corviknight wrote on 2020-02-23 15:03:32:
Quote:
which is why I think removing the recolors from the pool would help

I don't own the Flattery familiars, so it wouldn't help me.

I don’t think you understand my suggestion.
3RvEHPl.png
I agree that the Fiona recolors need to be deprioritized but not removed altogether (although I could see a case for removing them altogether as long as they didn't retire, since burning through all of the other ones would eventually allow someone to get them anyway). It sort of takes the punch out of the drive and rewards for the Feats if you manage to bond the reward before you ever actually lay a hand on it. Congratulations, you won something you can't do anything new with despite that being the point of getting it? It's like finding a golden ticket after you've already been on a tour of the chocolate factory. It's weird.
I agree that the Fiona recolors need to be deprioritized but not removed altogether (although I could see a case for removing them altogether as long as they didn't retire, since burning through all of the other ones would eventually allow someone to get them anyway). It sort of takes the punch out of the drive and rewards for the Feats if you manage to bond the reward before you ever actually lay a hand on it. Congratulations, you won something you can't do anything new with despite that being the point of getting it? It's like finding a golden ticket after you've already been on a tour of the chocolate factory. It's weird.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="Snek" date="2020-02-23 15:13:35" ] I agree that the Fiona recolors need to be deprioritized but not removed altogether. It sort of takes the punch out of the drive and rewards for the Feats if you manage to bond the reward before you ever actually lay a hand on it. Congratulations, you won something you can't do anything new with despite that being the point of getting it? It's like finding a golden ticket after you've already been on a tour of the chocolate factory. It's weird. [/quote] Exactly! Thank you!
Snek wrote on 2020-02-23 15:13:35:
I agree that the Fiona recolors need to be deprioritized but not removed altogether. It sort of takes the punch out of the drive and rewards for the Feats if you manage to bond the reward before you ever actually lay a hand on it. Congratulations, you won something you can't do anything new with despite that being the point of getting it? It's like finding a golden ticket after you've already been on a tour of the chocolate factory. It's weird.

Exactly! Thank you!
3RvEHPl.png
I'm gonna say No Support.

Primarily because this is highly, highly unlikely to happen and the disadvantages to removing the Fiona recolors outweighs the mild inconvenience of this (as admitted by the OP) unlikely thing happening.

Fiona only ever has 8 familiars at a time available for Flattery, of which 6 of those tend to be Unawakened (going by my own experience). There are 24 recolors currently available and it takes 89 days to fully Awaken a familiar. So even assuming you somehow got 6 recolors each time, you'd still have to cycle through at least 4 days to hit all of them evenly and then do that again 89 times.

So...4 x 89 =...356? Almost a full year!

Meanwhile, you're still able to regularly bond with all the other familiars that are not recolors, including those needed for the assorted feats every day as opposed to every 4 days.

Pretty much the only familiars I could possibly see this happening to would be the Delver/Borer one since those familiars are difficult to obtain and possibly the Eyewing since it's retired (but considering the Eyewings currently cost less than most genes do, I think somebody who wants to prioritize bonding with the originals over the recolors can easily do that).

Basically, this is an incredibly unlikely scenario and I can't support something that would inconvenience far more players than it would benefit.

And if this is simply a matter of wanting to have less familiars in the bonding pool because you (general you) want more chances at bonding with retired familiars/KS familiars, I still don't support it because that opens the door to additional suggestions to reducing the pool until it basically becomes "well, let's just exclude all familiars except retired/expensive ones". Your personal familiar pool with Fiona will naturally shrink as time goes on anyway and I believe that's a good long-term aim for a site feature to have.
I'm gonna say No Support.

Primarily because this is highly, highly unlikely to happen and the disadvantages to removing the Fiona recolors outweighs the mild inconvenience of this (as admitted by the OP) unlikely thing happening.

Fiona only ever has 8 familiars at a time available for Flattery, of which 6 of those tend to be Unawakened (going by my own experience). There are 24 recolors currently available and it takes 89 days to fully Awaken a familiar. So even assuming you somehow got 6 recolors each time, you'd still have to cycle through at least 4 days to hit all of them evenly and then do that again 89 times.

So...4 x 89 =...356? Almost a full year!

Meanwhile, you're still able to regularly bond with all the other familiars that are not recolors, including those needed for the assorted feats every day as opposed to every 4 days.

Pretty much the only familiars I could possibly see this happening to would be the Delver/Borer one since those familiars are difficult to obtain and possibly the Eyewing since it's retired (but considering the Eyewings currently cost less than most genes do, I think somebody who wants to prioritize bonding with the originals over the recolors can easily do that).

Basically, this is an incredibly unlikely scenario and I can't support something that would inconvenience far more players than it would benefit.

And if this is simply a matter of wanting to have less familiars in the bonding pool because you (general you) want more chances at bonding with retired familiars/KS familiars, I still don't support it because that opens the door to additional suggestions to reducing the pool until it basically becomes "well, let's just exclude all familiars except retired/expensive ones". Your personal familiar pool with Fiona will naturally shrink as time goes on anyway and I believe that's a good long-term aim for a site feature to have.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Yeah no, I indeed don't understand your suggestion because the flattery existing doesn't change a thing to me, or really, to the average user. If you want to be sure to bond with retired fams, you gotta buy them. [quote]Congratulations, you won something you can't do anything new with despite that being the point of getting it? [/quote] You can actually attach the familiar to a dragon now that you have it, which you cannot do with the flattery. Aesthetics and all.
Yeah no, I indeed don't understand your suggestion because the flattery existing doesn't change a thing to me, or really, to the average user.

If you want to be sure to bond with retired fams, you gotta buy them.
Quote:
Congratulations, you won something you can't do anything new with despite that being the point of getting it?

You can actually attach the familiar to a dragon now that you have it, which you cannot do with the flattery. Aesthetics and all.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2020-02-23 16:19:04" ] Yeah no, I indeed don't understand your suggestion because the flattery existing doesn't change a thing to me, or really, to the average user. If you want to be sure to bond with retired fams, you gotta buy them. [quote]Congratulations, you won something you can't do anything new with despite that being the point of getting it? [/quote] You can actually attach the familiar to a dragon now that you have it, which you cannot do with the flattery. Aesthetics and all. [/quote] Then this suggestion isn't for you...? I don't understand why you're commenting if you don't like the Flattery function in the first place.
Corviknight wrote on 2020-02-23 16:19:04:
Yeah no, I indeed don't understand your suggestion because the flattery existing doesn't change a thing to me, or really, to the average user.

If you want to be sure to bond with retired fams, you gotta buy them.
Quote:
Congratulations, you won something you can't do anything new with despite that being the point of getting it?

You can actually attach the familiar to a dragon now that you have it, which you cannot do with the flattery. Aesthetics and all.

Then this suggestion isn't for you...? I don't understand why you're commenting if you don't like the Flattery function in the first place.
3RvEHPl.png
1 2 3 4 5