Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Old Progen Change
1 2 3
I've seen a lot of frustration among the old dragon collectors that oldie progens, some really cool, are unable to be traded or sold. Understandably the reason there is these limits on progens is to prevent abuse of creating new accounts (at least from my understanding, do correct if I am wrong).

Wondering if there is a compromise to this. I was thinking that perhaps any progens that are 6 digits or lower should be allowed to traded and sold but only those. The normal progens should still have the same limitations to prevent abuse on that.

Code-wise I don't think it would be that difficult to implement. If from what I researched progen dragons are in a different category than all the normal dragons? So code-wise, there could be a small chunk of code that further separates the progen dragons by digit number. The 6 digit or less would then just have their limitations lifted and the others are left alone.

This would go well with another suggestion by giving the progens a small icon or something that indicates that they were progen. Maybe for the 6 digit or less, they have some 'heritage' progen icon, signifying their age and that they are a progen. Bit of a respect call to some of the early progen dragons in the game.

This could also introduce another aspect of the dragon economy with oldie progens that I would think would be very cool.
I've seen a lot of frustration among the old dragon collectors that oldie progens, some really cool, are unable to be traded or sold. Understandably the reason there is these limits on progens is to prevent abuse of creating new accounts (at least from my understanding, do correct if I am wrong).

Wondering if there is a compromise to this. I was thinking that perhaps any progens that are 6 digits or lower should be allowed to traded and sold but only those. The normal progens should still have the same limitations to prevent abuse on that.

Code-wise I don't think it would be that difficult to implement. If from what I researched progen dragons are in a different category than all the normal dragons? So code-wise, there could be a small chunk of code that further separates the progen dragons by digit number. The 6 digit or less would then just have their limitations lifted and the others are left alone.

This would go well with another suggestion by giving the progens a small icon or something that indicates that they were progen. Maybe for the 6 digit or less, they have some 'heritage' progen icon, signifying their age and that they are a progen. Bit of a respect call to some of the early progen dragons in the game.

This could also introduce another aspect of the dragon economy with oldie progens that I would think would be very cool.
my question is, what is so special about those progens?

Why are they any different than progens that are 7 digits or higher?

No support, because progens are progens, and should remain that way.

(BTW, I understand that there are people who collect old IDs, but those are player run markets, nothing special about the dragon itself. An unbred 2 digit gen one XXX is the exact same as a 1000 digit unbred gen1 XXX of the same color by site standards and should remain that way. The same for progens)
my question is, what is so special about those progens?

Why are they any different than progens that are 7 digits or higher?

No support, because progens are progens, and should remain that way.

(BTW, I understand that there are people who collect old IDs, but those are player run markets, nothing special about the dragon itself. An unbred 2 digit gen one XXX is the exact same as a 1000 digit unbred gen1 XXX of the same color by site standards and should remain that way. The same for progens)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Also, I would like to also say that I don't support any way of 'honoring' old dragons or differentiating them in any way. I like that I can have dragons that are the exact same as the first player to sign up, only separated by ID. My dragons can be just as good, according to site standards, as theirs, and I don't want things to change that.

Also, I would like to also say that I don't support any way of 'honoring' old dragons or differentiating them in any way. I like that I can have dragons that are the exact same as the first player to sign up, only separated by ID. My dragons can be just as good, according to site standards, as theirs, and I don't want things to change that.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support for being able to sell/trade/giveaway any progens. These are dragons we are given for signing up, people should not be able to profit off them.
No support for being able to sell/trade/giveaway any progens. These are dragons we are given for signing up, people should not be able to profit off them.
ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-11-18 07:04:29" ] Also, I would like to also say that I don't support any way of 'honoring' old dragons or differentiating them in any way. I like that I can have dragons that are the exact same as the first player to sign up, only separated by ID. My dragons can be just as good, according to site standards, as theirs, and I don't want things to change that. [/quote] I agree with @/Jemadar. The 'old dragon market' is a purely player-created one; the staff shouldn't really cater to it any more than to any other player-created market.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-11-18 07:04:29:
I agree with @/Jemadar. The 'old dragon market' is a purely player-created one; the staff shouldn't really cater to it any more than to any other player-created market.
mkpoaHZ.png
A progen is a progen, an older progen should NOT be any different than a younger progen. Making older progen tradable would just result in people wanting younger progen to be tradable as there is no difference between them which in turn would be bad for the gen one market as you can make your custom progen a XXY quite easily so xxy and a xxx gen ones would become far more abundant
A progen is a progen, an older progen should NOT be any different than a younger progen. Making older progen tradable would just result in people wanting younger progen to be tradable as there is no difference between them which in turn would be bad for the gen one market as you can make your custom progen a XXY quite easily so xxy and a xxx gen ones would become far more abundant
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Nope, a progen is a progen.

I'm holding out for a way for progens to be colour-changed some time in the future, since they can't be traded away and given that mine is a five digit, I would prefer not to be locked out of that because it's suddenly tradeable for the sake of greedy collectors.
Nope, a progen is a progen.

I'm holding out for a way for progens to be colour-changed some time in the future, since they can't be traded away and given that mine is a five digit, I would prefer not to be locked out of that because it's suddenly tradeable for the sake of greedy collectors.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I’ll have to disagree. I think they should remain account bound. There’s no reason somebody who signed up early on and got an “old” xxx should be able to sell it for a profit while somebody who signed up a couple months ago can’t sell their xxx for a profit.
I’ll have to disagree. I think they should remain account bound. There’s no reason somebody who signed up early on and got an “old” xxx should be able to sell it for a profit while somebody who signed up a couple months ago can’t sell their xxx for a profit.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
I don't think that any progens should be traded, but why -- [quote name="Greyjoy" date="2019-11-18 11:25:42" ] greedy collectors. [/quote] Would you say this about old dragon collectors? Just comes across as pretty rude.
I don't think that any progens should be traded, but why --
Greyjoy wrote on 2019-11-18 11:25:42:
greedy collectors.

Would you say this about old dragon collectors? Just comes across as pretty rude.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
[quote name="DancingHare" date="2019-11-18 18:04:19" ] I don't think that any progens should be traded, but why -- [quote name="Greyjoy" date="2019-11-18 11:25:42" ] greedy collectors. [/quote] Would you say this about old dragon collectors? Just comes across as pretty rude. [/quote] Because isn't this suggestion boil down to be that? I can't find any other reason for this suggestion to exist. Maybe not greedy collector, but 'I hope I can have what belongs to others' collectors.
DancingHare wrote on 2019-11-18 18:04:19:
I don't think that any progens should be traded, but why --
Greyjoy wrote on 2019-11-18 11:25:42:
greedy collectors.

Would you say this about old dragon collectors? Just comes across as pretty rude.
Because isn't this suggestion boil down to be that? I can't find any other reason for this suggestion to exist. Maybe not greedy collector, but 'I hope I can have what belongs to others' collectors.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
1 2 3