Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Exclusive Breed
1 2 3 4
[quote name="AlphaSobek" date="2019-09-11 01:23:54" ] [quote name="@hat17" date="2019-09-11 00:47:30" ] Why all the sudden fear of clanbound drops? The clanbound items we got so far are all 'gifts', and should be considered separately to those that drops. Or was there updates regarding drops (non-gifts) that I missed? [/quote]I believe it's coming off of the PVP announcement. Mainly the proposed idea of pvp exclusive clanbound rewards. If they do end up going with that idea, it sets a precedent that other non-gift based items will be obtainable as clanbound items.[/quote]This. The team has never said anything about clanbound PvE coli drops, but I vehemently dislike the thought of them, and considering other surprises that nobody anticipated would happen, it seems worth saying so. ~ It's a reasonable point about coli-heaviness...to be honest, a lot of the appeal of this idea for me is that I'd have the opportunity to hunt for breeds and eggs without doing anything different than I'm already doing. But that's also a fair argument for encouraging users to branch out. Most of the other possibilities are limited in scope, however. The fairgrounds has a cap and gathering has set turns. Unless an entirely new area of the site is introduced that rivals the coli in potential time spent, it's probably going to be a big focus of the game for the foreseeable future. ~ Another thought re: the main suggestion - maybe the venue/monster that drops the egg/scroll could vary? Say, every day/week/whatever a random place and/or creature could be chosen. That wouldn't get anyone [b]out[/b] of the coli, but would certainly encourage exploring venues beyond the popular ones!
AlphaSobek wrote on 2019-09-11 01:23:54:
@hat17 wrote on 2019-09-11 00:47:30:
Why all the sudden fear of clanbound drops? The clanbound items we got so far are all 'gifts', and should be considered separately to those that drops. Or was there updates regarding drops (non-gifts) that I missed?
I believe it's coming off of the PVP announcement. Mainly the proposed idea of pvp exclusive clanbound rewards. If they do end up going with that idea, it sets a precedent that other non-gift based items will be obtainable as clanbound items.
This. The team has never said anything about clanbound PvE coli drops, but I vehemently dislike the thought of them, and considering other surprises that nobody anticipated would happen, it seems worth saying so.

~

It's a reasonable point about coli-heaviness...to be honest, a lot of the appeal of this idea for me is that I'd have the opportunity to hunt for breeds and eggs without doing anything different than I'm already doing. But that's also a fair argument for encouraging users to branch out.

Most of the other possibilities are limited in scope, however. The fairgrounds has a cap and gathering has set turns. Unless an entirely new area of the site is introduced that rivals the coli in potential time spent, it's probably going to be a big focus of the game for the foreseeable future.

~

Another thought re: the main suggestion - maybe the venue/monster that drops the egg/scroll could vary? Say, every day/week/whatever a random place and/or creature could be chosen. That wouldn't get anyone out of the coli, but would certainly encourage exploring venues beyond the popular ones!
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
[quote name="Lara8" date="2019-09-11 02:40:56" ] Another thought re: the main suggestion - maybe the venue/monster that drops the egg/scroll could vary? Say, every day/week/whatever a random place and/or creature could be chosen. That wouldn't get anyone [b]out[/b] of the coli, but would certainly encourage exploring venues beyond the popular ones! [/quote] Thanks all for the explanation on the clanbound thing. Yeah now I remember the announcement of clanbound pvp things and can see where everyone's coming from. I actually hope it'll be another all-venue drop like the coli genes. While making it a moving target can get players to try for venues they don't usually do, it can be quite frustrating if it's a higher-level venue and not easily farm-able, or the target monsters just won't show up.
Lara8 wrote on 2019-09-11 02:40:56:

Another thought re: the main suggestion - maybe the venue/monster that drops the egg/scroll could vary? Say, every day/week/whatever a random place and/or creature could be chosen. That wouldn't get anyone out of the coli, but would certainly encourage exploring venues beyond the popular ones!
Thanks all for the explanation on the clanbound thing. Yeah now I remember the announcement of clanbound pvp things and can see where everyone's coming from.

I actually hope it'll be another all-venue drop like the coli genes. While making it a moving target can get players to try for venues they don't usually do, it can be quite frustrating if it's a higher-level venue and not easily farm-able, or the target monsters just won't show up.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
A coli breed would be great! Just because they're coli exclusive, doesn't mean they're going to be expensive. If they have rarity similar to python/morph and/or drop in the mire, the supply will easily match the demand (after the usual 1-3 month hype of a new breed release).
A coli breed would be great! Just because they're coli exclusive, doesn't mean they're going to be expensive. If they have rarity similar to python/morph and/or drop in the mire, the supply will easily match the demand (after the usual 1-3 month hype of a new breed release).
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
No support. I was already against the concept of coli exclusive genes, I don't want even more stuff to be coli dependant.
No support. I was already against the concept of coli exclusive genes, I don't want even more stuff to be coli dependant.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
tbh I already view Nocturnes as a coli breed, considering the extreme difference between what you can obtain with and what you can obtain without coli during NotN...
tbh I already view Nocturnes as a coli breed, considering the extreme difference between what you can obtain with and what you can obtain without coli during NotN...
JQQ3Fjt.png
Support, as long as the egg/scrolls are not clanbound.

While the capchas could certainly use some improvement, I'd be ok with a coli exclusive breed being added right away.
Support, as long as the egg/scrolls are not clanbound.

While the capchas could certainly use some improvement, I'd be ok with a coli exclusive breed being added right away.
ZQGfAQY.png
Oh I just wrote an idea I gave only half a second of though and when I check in again three pages of replies appeared [emoji=coatl tongue size=2] It seems people mostly struggle with the capcha thing (they should really give better rewards than 5% extra exp. for the trouble) and that I droppen the word ‘clanbound’. I meant ONLY as a free gift when the breed is first introduced, obviously if you find a breed change in the coli it should NOT be clanbound. Also added breeds to less used places: the more the merrier!
Oh I just wrote an idea I gave only half a second of though and when I check in again three pages of replies appeared

It seems people mostly struggle with the capcha thing (they should really give better rewards than 5% extra exp. for the trouble) and that I droppen the word ‘clanbound’. I meant ONLY as a free gift when the breed is first introduced, obviously if you find a breed change in the coli it should NOT be clanbound.

Also added breeds to less used places: the more the merrier!
riberu_sig2_by_keslertortiose-dav9soe.png
I support this and would like to point out people freaked out about Python and Morph at first and they are now two of the cheapest genes on the AH at any given time (at the current time of this post, Python goes for about 100g LAH and Morph between 30-40g). Phantom/Spirit is up there just because it's newer but I think like PyMorph it too will fall in price. So I think that a breedchange scroll that drops in the coliseum with the same rarity as the genes wouldn't be as inaccessible as feared, if you can't coli it'll be fairly affordable on the AH soon enough.

I will however join the echoes of "fix the damn captcha system". I don't even have visual accessibility issues and I still have problems with that crud from time to time, I can't begin to imagine the nightmare those captchas must be for people who do have accessibility issues.

(Also only supporting with the caveat that the coli exclusive stuff not be clanbound. I am NOT a fan of clanbound items for reasons already brought up by others.)
I support this and would like to point out people freaked out about Python and Morph at first and they are now two of the cheapest genes on the AH at any given time (at the current time of this post, Python goes for about 100g LAH and Morph between 30-40g). Phantom/Spirit is up there just because it's newer but I think like PyMorph it too will fall in price. So I think that a breedchange scroll that drops in the coliseum with the same rarity as the genes wouldn't be as inaccessible as feared, if you can't coli it'll be fairly affordable on the AH soon enough.

I will however join the echoes of "fix the damn captcha system". I don't even have visual accessibility issues and I still have problems with that crud from time to time, I can't begin to imagine the nightmare those captchas must be for people who do have accessibility issues.

(Also only supporting with the caveat that the coli exclusive stuff not be clanbound. I am NOT a fan of clanbound items for reasons already brought up by others.)
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I like this idea but as mentioned the captcha codes need a fix first. Why they can’t be simple random letters and numbers like most captcha codes is beyond me
I like this idea but as mentioned the captcha codes need a fix first. Why they can’t be simple random letters and numbers like most captcha codes is beyond me
“I look inside myself and see my heart is black
Captchas should be fixed before they even think about making a coli breed. It's a fun idea, but would lock out a good portion of users.
Captchas should be fixed before they even think about making a coli breed. It's a fun idea, but would lock out a good portion of users.
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o1_100.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o4_100.png
1 2 3 4