Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No Clanbound ANYTHING
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Full support.

As I said over on the "No Clanbound Apparel" thread, the clanbound items were created as a very very shoddy response to our displeasure over how the eye system works. It's a vehicle for the inevitable money-locked premium items that plague so many other petsites and MMOs alike. Want this item? Too bad, gotta fork over some money and it'll come bundled with a physical item. But hey! Guess what! You can't buy it with on-site currency from someone that doesn't want it because it's clanbound! F you Have a nice day!

The concept should never have existed. It was the compromise no one wanted.
Full support.

As I said over on the "No Clanbound Apparel" thread, the clanbound items were created as a very very shoddy response to our displeasure over how the eye system works. It's a vehicle for the inevitable money-locked premium items that plague so many other petsites and MMOs alike. Want this item? Too bad, gotta fork over some money and it'll come bundled with a physical item. But hey! Guess what! You can't buy it with on-site currency from someone that doesn't want it because it's clanbound! F you Have a nice day!

The concept should never have existed. It was the compromise no one wanted.
Signature Machine Broke
849-gi.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
wthFnM3.pngYMPbu9R.png
^ small point of correction here, clanbound items have been a thing for many years, since before the color wheels expansion. There was a bug where the scatterscrolls only gave 40~ of the 60~ colors (at the time) and after enough users used up their scrolls to prove that there was a bug, admin replaced all the used scrolls with clanbound versions of the scrolls so people could try again. That was... I want to say 2013 or 14? Way long ago. There just haven't been clanbound items between then and now. But the concept of clanbound wasn't just because of the eye vials.
^ small point of correction here, clanbound items have been a thing for many years, since before the color wheels expansion. There was a bug where the scatterscrolls only gave 40~ of the 60~ colors (at the time) and after enough users used up their scrolls to prove that there was a bug, admin replaced all the used scrolls with clanbound versions of the scrolls so people could try again. That was... I want to say 2013 or 14? Way long ago. There just haven't been clanbound items between then and now. But the concept of clanbound wasn't just because of the eye vials.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
[quote name="@HaloJones" date="2019-08-23 17:14:15" ] I'm not interested in collecting vistas. So it's not a "reward" to me. If I can't sell it then it actually has NEGATIVE value to me, because every time I see it, I'm just going to think "look at this stupid item I don't want cluttering up my hoard". Sure I could use it up to get rid of it - but that's extra actions that I have to take to get rid of something that was supposed to be a "reward". [/quote] Plus, if you 'dispose' of a vista by applying it, then now the clutter has just moved to your vista selection screen. Of the three problems clanbound presents (the others being 'player X wants the thing but can't obtain it' and 'player Y doesn't want the thing but can't profit off it'), the issue of non-disposability and hoard clutter seems like the lowest priority to me...but that's absolutely personal bias because my hoard is a sprawling cluttered mess anyway and always will be. The concerns of those who like to run a tidier ship should still be listened to, especially because a hoard revamp doesn't seem to be anywhere on the horizon. [quote name="@clockworkMoose" date="2019-08-23 20:50:59" ]But the concept of clanbound wasn't just because of the eye vials.[/quote] No, the mechanic isn't new; however, the concept of bound items without a parallel [b]unbound[/b] item began with Goat. And personally I very much hope it ends there.
@HaloJones wrote on 2019-08-23 17:14:15:
I'm not interested in collecting vistas. So it's not a "reward" to me. If I can't sell it then it actually has NEGATIVE value to me, because every time I see it, I'm just going to think "look at this stupid item I don't want cluttering up my hoard". Sure I could use it up to get rid of it - but that's extra actions that I have to take to get rid of something that was supposed to be a "reward".

Plus, if you 'dispose' of a vista by applying it, then now the clutter has just moved to your vista selection screen.

Of the three problems clanbound presents (the others being 'player X wants the thing but can't obtain it' and 'player Y doesn't want the thing but can't profit off it'), the issue of non-disposability and hoard clutter seems like the lowest priority to me...but that's absolutely personal bias because my hoard is a sprawling cluttered mess anyway and always will be. The concerns of those who like to run a tidier ship should still be listened to, especially because a hoard revamp doesn't seem to be anywhere on the horizon.

@clockworkMoose wrote on 2019-08-23 20:50:59:
But the concept of clanbound wasn't just because of the eye vials.

No, the mechanic isn't new; however, the concept of bound items without a parallel unbound item began with Goat. And personally I very much hope it ends there.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Support, especially in light of the upcoming PVP awards. There are a considerable amount of problems that show up just there, which I wrote about in response to the announcement post.

Granted, I was really tired when I read the post, and thus misunderstood some things, so let me specify a little further, now that I'm going to re-address it:
  • Eventually, people will have bought all there is to buy concerning the apparel. You can only have so many pieces of the same apparel, especially if you can't sell it.
  • The above point shows a new problem: FR will have to make more and more PVP-only apparel to keep things fresh for those prolific PVP players, which means more and more apparel that isn't accessible to people who avoid PVP like the plague.
  • You can use vistas only once. What's going to happen when you've gotten all the vistas, but still want to rack up Ranked Battle victories? See the second point.

I agreed with the decision to make Goat* Clanbound, as well as the Gaoler scrolls when they first came out. However, the only reason I can see PVP items being Clanbound is because of fears that it'll affect the economy. MANY games, especially MMOs, allow you to sell the items you've received in PVP, save for trophies and #1 Winner-related awards... And their economies are alright.

However, one particular MMO called Trove made many things untradeable as time went on. Some items were only acquirable through PVP (I guess it's Bomb Royale now). And guess what? Their economy became so terrible, I've personally quit playing because it's impossible to get anywhere without grinding for days, or forking over premium currency for what you want. I know that gems wouldn't be able get anyone a specific PVP-related apparel piece, but this growing isolationism isn't going to do any services to a game whose one of many primary focuses is to dress your dragons however you'd like, and make in-game cash by selling pretty much anything you'd like to on a free market.

All in all, if this is the hill Clanbound items wants to die on, then it's a bit of a tragic one. As mentioned above, it can be very useful for when there's a bug (i.e scatterscrolls), and for when a highly anticipated feature is being released (i.e Gaolers), but it's going to cause unneeded strife when applied to concepts with mixed receptions like PVP.

So yes, once again, full support.

(If I misunderstood anything, feel free to ping me here. I'd rather advocate for something I understand than something I don't!)

* [EDIT]: This doesn't mean I support Goat being exclusively breeding-only, and Vials of Scattersight being completely retired, but that's a topic for another time. Clanbound Goat Eye Vials were like a bandaid, in my eyes. Ayy.
Support, especially in light of the upcoming PVP awards. There are a considerable amount of problems that show up just there, which I wrote about in response to the announcement post.

Granted, I was really tired when I read the post, and thus misunderstood some things, so let me specify a little further, now that I'm going to re-address it:
  • Eventually, people will have bought all there is to buy concerning the apparel. You can only have so many pieces of the same apparel, especially if you can't sell it.
  • The above point shows a new problem: FR will have to make more and more PVP-only apparel to keep things fresh for those prolific PVP players, which means more and more apparel that isn't accessible to people who avoid PVP like the plague.
  • You can use vistas only once. What's going to happen when you've gotten all the vistas, but still want to rack up Ranked Battle victories? See the second point.

I agreed with the decision to make Goat* Clanbound, as well as the Gaoler scrolls when they first came out. However, the only reason I can see PVP items being Clanbound is because of fears that it'll affect the economy. MANY games, especially MMOs, allow you to sell the items you've received in PVP, save for trophies and #1 Winner-related awards... And their economies are alright.

However, one particular MMO called Trove made many things untradeable as time went on. Some items were only acquirable through PVP (I guess it's Bomb Royale now). And guess what? Their economy became so terrible, I've personally quit playing because it's impossible to get anywhere without grinding for days, or forking over premium currency for what you want. I know that gems wouldn't be able get anyone a specific PVP-related apparel piece, but this growing isolationism isn't going to do any services to a game whose one of many primary focuses is to dress your dragons however you'd like, and make in-game cash by selling pretty much anything you'd like to on a free market.

All in all, if this is the hill Clanbound items wants to die on, then it's a bit of a tragic one. As mentioned above, it can be very useful for when there's a bug (i.e scatterscrolls), and for when a highly anticipated feature is being released (i.e Gaolers), but it's going to cause unneeded strife when applied to concepts with mixed receptions like PVP.

So yes, once again, full support.

(If I misunderstood anything, feel free to ping me here. I'd rather advocate for something I understand than something I don't!)

* [EDIT]: This doesn't mean I support Goat being exclusively breeding-only, and Vials of Scattersight being completely retired, but that's a topic for another time. Clanbound Goat Eye Vials were like a bandaid, in my eyes. Ayy.
w7Z8MA5.png
Support.

From the recent announcement, clanbound apparel must be the worst thing to be clanbound out of anything else. Especially if they are certain type of apparel like battle themed. We get so rarely anything battle related in the first place. They are my favourite type of apparel as well. Same with the clanbound familiars. As the current assumption, they are going to be in your hoard/vault forever and no way to dispose of them.

Not only I'm concerned about upcoming situation with PVP clanbound apparel, I'm equally concerned about other items being released in future. Whether they are going to be through PVP or other ways. I wouldn't like to see stuff being clanbound as a normal thing and due to the original concept being handled poorly, for example, the eye business and clanbound Vial of Horizontal Sight. As well wish not become forced to have stuff that I don't want in my hoard/vault and collect familiars just because they are clanbound. Let alone there is still no any kind of system to search nor organise the hoard/vault and Bestiary.

At least you can get rid of items that can be consumed (eye vials from instant), but they are not good either if you want to buy or sell them because it requires to move dragons out of lairs which is not encouraged. There are different ways to obtain things. The one thing that everyone shares though, all players are be able to buy and sell their obtained stuff freely. Allowing everyone to achieve items by their own playing style. It should remain that way. Clanbound items should remain exception cases like they have been to begin with.
Support.

From the recent announcement, clanbound apparel must be the worst thing to be clanbound out of anything else. Especially if they are certain type of apparel like battle themed. We get so rarely anything battle related in the first place. They are my favourite type of apparel as well. Same with the clanbound familiars. As the current assumption, they are going to be in your hoard/vault forever and no way to dispose of them.

Not only I'm concerned about upcoming situation with PVP clanbound apparel, I'm equally concerned about other items being released in future. Whether they are going to be through PVP or other ways. I wouldn't like to see stuff being clanbound as a normal thing and due to the original concept being handled poorly, for example, the eye business and clanbound Vial of Horizontal Sight. As well wish not become forced to have stuff that I don't want in my hoard/vault and collect familiars just because they are clanbound. Let alone there is still no any kind of system to search nor organise the hoard/vault and Bestiary.

At least you can get rid of items that can be consumed (eye vials from instant), but they are not good either if you want to buy or sell them because it requires to move dragons out of lairs which is not encouraged. There are different ways to obtain things. The one thing that everyone shares though, all players are be able to buy and sell their obtained stuff freely. Allowing everyone to achieve items by their own playing style. It should remain that way. Clanbound items should remain exception cases like they have been to begin with.
Full support for all the reasons already stated. I have a strong dislike for the Clanbound concept, even though the apparel has yet to be the worst that has come - or is about to come - of it.
Full support for all the reasons already stated. I have a strong dislike for the Clanbound concept, even though the apparel has yet to be the worst that has come - or is about to come - of it.
Full support.

I've only used one Goat vial and I have too much social anxiety and reserve about having other people's dragons in my lair to try to barter whatever to let them use my other Goat vial. So it's sitting there collecting dust.

It's a good thing I like Gaolers, or those scrolls would be collecting dust too.

I'm one of the my-hoard-is-a-tidy-ship squad (apart from the things I do actually hoard, which we shan't discuss here). I really don't need my hoard to pile up with dozens or hundreds of items I'm never going to use because the alternative is trying to talk to people like a "normal person" and coordinate some sort of trade. Everything else I don't want I can sell on the AH, hoardsell, or melt down depending on what it is. I don't want a redux of the Jolly Jester nightmare (which was eventually fixed or we'd still all be complaining about it).

The thing with the "if you don't like it, don't pick up the gift" is currently you accept from Galore with one button click, meaning it's everything Galore is giving you, the entire package. Sooooo what if a clanbound item that I don't want is being offered in conjunction with an item I do want? Am I not supposed to collect the item I want so I can avoid collecting the clanbound item I do want? LOL no.

Re the concern that PvP items not being clanbound will negatively impact the economy... I kiiiiiiiinda doubt that it's going to mess up the economy. It's literally just another apparel item.

(please don't ping me in this thread!)
Full support.

I've only used one Goat vial and I have too much social anxiety and reserve about having other people's dragons in my lair to try to barter whatever to let them use my other Goat vial. So it's sitting there collecting dust.

It's a good thing I like Gaolers, or those scrolls would be collecting dust too.

I'm one of the my-hoard-is-a-tidy-ship squad (apart from the things I do actually hoard, which we shan't discuss here). I really don't need my hoard to pile up with dozens or hundreds of items I'm never going to use because the alternative is trying to talk to people like a "normal person" and coordinate some sort of trade. Everything else I don't want I can sell on the AH, hoardsell, or melt down depending on what it is. I don't want a redux of the Jolly Jester nightmare (which was eventually fixed or we'd still all be complaining about it).

The thing with the "if you don't like it, don't pick up the gift" is currently you accept from Galore with one button click, meaning it's everything Galore is giving you, the entire package. Sooooo what if a clanbound item that I don't want is being offered in conjunction with an item I do want? Am I not supposed to collect the item I want so I can avoid collecting the clanbound item I do want? LOL no.

Re the concern that PvP items not being clanbound will negatively impact the economy... I kiiiiiiiinda doubt that it's going to mess up the economy. It's literally just another apparel item.

(please don't ping me in this thread!)
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
My personal preference would be not to have any clanbound pvp rewards. I have no issues with clanbound items like the scatterscroll that was released to compensate for a bug, or the gaoler scrolls or goat vials (although I still disagree with the fact that goat is essentially breed only).

However if the admins are determined to have clanbound rewards my preference for those clan bound rewards would be that any apparel or familiars not be clan bound. For items that I could see being clan bound:
--Vistas
--Consumable items such as recolored battlestones (however different recolored battlestones should be available elsewhere)

Other non-transferable rewards I wouldn't mind are:
--Trophies or badges for a player's profile
--Icons that appear in the information section where they post (like the star for post)
--Special title under their name
My personal preference would be not to have any clanbound pvp rewards. I have no issues with clanbound items like the scatterscroll that was released to compensate for a bug, or the gaoler scrolls or goat vials (although I still disagree with the fact that goat is essentially breed only).

However if the admins are determined to have clanbound rewards my preference for those clan bound rewards would be that any apparel or familiars not be clan bound. For items that I could see being clan bound:
--Vistas
--Consumable items such as recolored battlestones (however different recolored battlestones should be available elsewhere)

Other non-transferable rewards I wouldn't mind are:
--Trophies or badges for a player's profile
--Icons that appear in the information section where they post (like the star for post)
--Special title under their name
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I don't even want clanbound vistas. I'm not interested in vistas, so giving me one as a reward is not a reward - it's just clutter. Recolored battle stones the same thing - I don't care what color the battlestones on my dragons are - it's just clutter. The ONLY value these items have for me is if I can sell them.

So I'll re-iterate the original point - I don't want clanbound ANYTHING.

While the idea of some sort of trophy on my profile at least doesn't clutter up my hoard, I still place no value on it. I don't want to crow about it if I've done well - so I don't want any trophy on my profile. Once again, it's worthless to me.

The only thing that every player on FR will value is cold hard cash. So we need to be able to sell anything in our hoards. Period.
I don't even want clanbound vistas. I'm not interested in vistas, so giving me one as a reward is not a reward - it's just clutter. Recolored battle stones the same thing - I don't care what color the battlestones on my dragons are - it's just clutter. The ONLY value these items have for me is if I can sell them.

So I'll re-iterate the original point - I don't want clanbound ANYTHING.

While the idea of some sort of trophy on my profile at least doesn't clutter up my hoard, I still place no value on it. I don't want to crow about it if I've done well - so I don't want any trophy on my profile. Once again, it's worthless to me.

The only thing that every player on FR will value is cold hard cash. So we need to be able to sell anything in our hoards. Period.
@HaloJones
So buy a couple of cheap level 25's (preferably with Eliminate) apply the eyes and flip them you should make a couple hundred gems on the deal. Problem solved.

As far as eye vials, they could just as easily make them standard coli and treasure drops since they eyes act as apparel items and can't be passed on (which is another mistake they made).
@HaloJones
So buy a couple of cheap level 25's (preferably with Eliminate) apply the eyes and flip them you should make a couple hundred gems on the deal. Problem solved.

As far as eye vials, they could just as easily make them standard coli and treasure drops since they eyes act as apparel items and can't be passed on (which is another mistake they made).
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9