Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Overlay" type skin blueprint
1 2 3
strong support! at the very least this would be an excellent feature for ancients, since they already operate on different rules vs modern breeds, and how the overlay would interact w apparel isn't a concern since... they can't wear apparel anyways (plus as Corvidus mentioned, it would allow skin/accent makers to edit line-breaking terts like fans and gnarlhorns since those are currently inaccessible). I don't see how it would be any more abuse-able than the current skin/accent situation, staff would still have to review submissions and would be able to set coverage limits
strong support! at the very least this would be an excellent feature for ancients, since they already operate on different rules vs modern breeds, and how the overlay would interact w apparel isn't a concern since... they can't wear apparel anyways (plus as Corvidus mentioned, it would allow skin/accent makers to edit line-breaking terts like fans and gnarlhorns since those are currently inaccessible). I don't see how it would be any more abuse-able than the current skin/accent situation, staff would still have to review submissions and would be able to set coverage limits
wpEE9mo.png
If this were explicitly for Ancient breeds then I don't see an issue.
If this were explicitly for Ancient breeds then I don't see an issue.
I would love overlay to be for modern breeds as well honestly, I don't see a reason to limit it
I would love overlay to be for modern breeds as well honestly, I don't see a reason to limit it

bannerart_2021.png
It's okay to comment on older suggestions in this forum right? because it's an ongoing discussion? right?

I think this is a super good idea! And yeah it might mean that more skins/overlays will be submitted, but if they still need to come out in a timely matter i suggest just hiring more people to look at them. I know this is easier said than done, but like the site is 6-7 years old at this point, it should expand to a bigger team anyways
It's okay to comment on older suggestions in this forum right? because it's an ongoing discussion? right?

I think this is a super good idea! And yeah it might mean that more skins/overlays will be submitted, but if they still need to come out in a timely matter i suggest just hiring more people to look at them. I know this is easier said than done, but like the site is 6-7 years old at this point, it should expand to a bigger team anyways
underskrift-geo.png
I don’t think overlays are a good idea as it would be much easier for people to slip in stollen artwork as they wouldnt have to worry about shadows or lineart. We already have had a few issues with stolen art for skins/accents and upset players when the skins/accents they bought off other players got deleted-overlays would be much easier for stolen art to be slipped through

For ancient breeds I do think that skins/accents should be allowed to extend into the line breaking tert areas as long as the shadows and lines of the line breaking tweets are kept intact

About the only way I could see for overlays to work and cut down on the issues with potential art theft is to still keep the dragons shadow layer and lineart intact but allow for artists to extend the skin/accent outside of the lineart
I don’t think overlays are a good idea as it would be much easier for people to slip in stollen artwork as they wouldnt have to worry about shadows or lineart. We already have had a few issues with stolen art for skins/accents and upset players when the skins/accents they bought off other players got deleted-overlays would be much easier for stolen art to be slipped through

For ancient breeds I do think that skins/accents should be allowed to extend into the line breaking tert areas as long as the shadows and lines of the line breaking tweets are kept intact

About the only way I could see for overlays to work and cut down on the issues with potential art theft is to still keep the dragons shadow layer and lineart intact but allow for artists to extend the skin/accent outside of the lineart
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support, I'd love to see this at least in some way here on FR! WIth shadows showing, wIth smaller coverage, anything! It's just a geat idea!
Support, I'd love to see this at least in some way here on FR! WIth shadows showing, wIth smaller coverage, anything! It's just a geat idea!
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
Not sure I can support. I was on another petsite that allowed this sort of system, and while at first it was amazing, later on things got not so great, too many of the pets had this super custom stuff that hid the pets in totally different artstyles and it just looked weird.

I would say I'm totally for this if there was a rule that there be no "big stylistic change" but then how would they go moderating that?

I know there's a few skin makers who create skins that make dragons into cars and what not (I buy from them and they're cool, love their accents) but not many skin makers are willing to get into that sort of thing due to the chance of messing up with the rules and the limited amount of space usage. I feel with this system there would be more skins / overlays that do this.

I guess I can totally approve of this if it takes up no more than say, 20% of the canvas, making it unlikely it'd be like the other petsite where no rules were given and now it is a mix match of totally different styles that makes it kind of jarring to look at.

So like, semi support but only with a limit on coverage. That way it's more for making custom apparel, maybe a fin or two like the ancients, but not for say, whiting out the whole dragon and drawing something else there.
Not sure I can support. I was on another petsite that allowed this sort of system, and while at first it was amazing, later on things got not so great, too many of the pets had this super custom stuff that hid the pets in totally different artstyles and it just looked weird.

I would say I'm totally for this if there was a rule that there be no "big stylistic change" but then how would they go moderating that?

I know there's a few skin makers who create skins that make dragons into cars and what not (I buy from them and they're cool, love their accents) but not many skin makers are willing to get into that sort of thing due to the chance of messing up with the rules and the limited amount of space usage. I feel with this system there would be more skins / overlays that do this.

I guess I can totally approve of this if it takes up no more than say, 20% of the canvas, making it unlikely it'd be like the other petsite where no rules were given and now it is a mix match of totally different styles that makes it kind of jarring to look at.

So like, semi support but only with a limit on coverage. That way it's more for making custom apparel, maybe a fin or two like the ancients, but not for say, whiting out the whole dragon and drawing something else there.
1 2 3