Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dominance issue
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
a lot of people here convinced that Earth will retain its vice-grip on Dominance forever are forgetting the Top Dog Flight status comes and goes (Ice, Plague, Light...), and to pretend there's any real permanence to it is kind of... idk. short-sighted? being annoyed about your flight not winning super often's one thing, but invalidating a smaller flight's efforts just because of their size (nevermind how much work they put into their conquest pushes to make the ratio thing actually count in the first place) is just plain disrespectful.

it's all in the name of a silly browser game abt dragons, please be better about this.
a lot of people here convinced that Earth will retain its vice-grip on Dominance forever are forgetting the Top Dog Flight status comes and goes (Ice, Plague, Light...), and to pretend there's any real permanence to it is kind of... idk. short-sighted? being annoyed about your flight not winning super often's one thing, but invalidating a smaller flight's efforts just because of their size (nevermind how much work they put into their conquest pushes to make the ratio thing actually count in the first place) is just plain disrespectful.

it's all in the name of a silly browser game abt dragons, please be better about this.
a pixelated cut-in of toropiamon, a plant dinosaur digimon, as seen on the pendulum z wind guardians device. faust, they/he, fr +3
small lair enthusiast
[quote name="Valoria" date="2018-12-12 13:09:52" ] [quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-12-12 12:22:08" ] [quote name="Jessyta" date="2018-12-12 07:40:38" ] Why would the board flip if only one flight is conquest pushing? [/quote] ^this How is that a problem that the flight that is actually conquesting is first? [/quote] There's nothing wrong with it at all, but the fact Earth has 30% fatigue and hasn't flipped to nature once when Nature managed to flip Light over and over again when light had just 20% fatigue is a bit...broken. [/quote] Yeah, because Light and Nature were conquest pushing, but Nature is not conquest pushing this week. They're profit pushing, meaning that they're not getting OOF fodder like Earth is @hippowdon omg first i need to mention how much i love your username Second, you're totally correct - nothing last forever. Earth is going to get beaten someday, and there will be a new dom big honcho.
Valoria wrote on 2018-12-12 13:09:52:
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-12-12 12:22:08:
Jessyta wrote on 2018-12-12 07:40:38:

Why would the board flip if only one flight is conquest pushing?

^this

How is that a problem that the flight that is actually conquesting is first?

There's nothing wrong with it at all, but the fact Earth has 30% fatigue and hasn't flipped to nature once when Nature managed to flip Light over and over again when light had just 20% fatigue is a bit...broken.
Yeah, because Light and Nature were conquest pushing, but Nature is not conquest pushing this week. They're profit pushing, meaning that they're not getting OOF fodder like Earth is

@hippowdon

omg first i need to mention how much i love your username

Second, you're totally correct - nothing last forever. Earth is going to get beaten someday, and there will be a new dom big honcho.

Although not any time. Earth will remain unbeatable for a long time. The previous dom powerhouses settled down eventually as more people joined their flight for their dom benefits and their aesthetic. But since earth has an asthetic that is not favoured by many, many are still detered to join, only those who want to dom will join...so it will take a long time for earth to eventually leave the dom scene.

Honestly I just wish we could know the true formula of calculating points and how many dragons/levels were exalted in a week so we can get a better idea of how the system works. That way we won't make assumptions of x flight etc.
Although not any time. Earth will remain unbeatable for a long time. The previous dom powerhouses settled down eventually as more people joined their flight for their dom benefits and their aesthetic. But since earth has an asthetic that is not favoured by many, many are still detered to join, only those who want to dom will join...so it will take a long time for earth to eventually leave the dom scene.

Honestly I just wish we could know the true formula of calculating points and how many dragons/levels were exalted in a week so we can get a better idea of how the system works. That way we won't make assumptions of x flight etc.
Doesn't matter if it doesn't last forever, the ratio shouldn't be able to be abused by any flights. It's just that Earth is the only one that really can atm.
Doesn't matter if it doesn't last forever, the ratio shouldn't be able to be abused by any flights. It's just that Earth is the only one that really can atm.
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
[quote name="Ototo" date="2018-12-12 20:54:38" ] Doesn't matter if it doesn't last forever, the ratio shouldn't be able to be abused by any flights. It's just that Earth is the only one that really can atm. [/quote] 'abuse' still doesn't really fly for me in this context, though. It implies they found some secret vulnerability or sneaky hack, when all they're doing is...exalting a lot of dragons. Them having a higher ratio of power-exalters to normal- or non-exalters is doubtless a factor, but it's a product of each of those users making a personal choice regarding what flight they want to be in and how they want to play. If the size advantage is taken away or nerfed, that's going to hurt other small flights who [b]don't[/b] have the power exalters; if a hobble is placed on Earth specifically, that's A) not really fair and B) bound to create a situation where the admins have to constantly watch to make sure a certain flight isn't getting dom 'too much' and take action against them.
Ototo wrote on 2018-12-12 20:54:38:

'abuse' still doesn't really fly for me in this context, though. It implies they found some secret vulnerability or sneaky hack, when all they're doing is...exalting a lot of dragons. Them having a higher ratio of power-exalters to normal- or non-exalters is doubtless a factor, but it's a product of each of those users making a personal choice regarding what flight they want to be in and how they want to play.

If the size advantage is taken away or nerfed, that's going to hurt other small flights who don't have the power exalters; if a hobble is placed on Earth specifically, that's A) not really fair and B) bound to create a situation where the admins have to constantly watch to make sure a certain flight isn't getting dom 'too much' and take action against them.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
eh, i do feel like the dom needs a lot of reworking down to the basic levels for a lot of reasons, but these threads hardly tend to discuss them and prefer to go bash the updog for existing. going around and saying how earth is mean or whatever is just so... petty for me.

i feel like we should be focusing on, yknow, getting the admins to know how dom works. most features like this have explanations outside of "just exalt ;)" in games, and with that info we could come with better solutions for problems. i fear the admins ignore brilliant reworks, suggestions and ideas because they dont really fit the current model, and decide to just forget about it. maybe im being pessimistic but the admins staff hasnt been a good shining example of management/listening to their fanbase/telling us what is actually happening instead of hiding it for a long time, hah.
eh, i do feel like the dom needs a lot of reworking down to the basic levels for a lot of reasons, but these threads hardly tend to discuss them and prefer to go bash the updog for existing. going around and saying how earth is mean or whatever is just so... petty for me.

i feel like we should be focusing on, yknow, getting the admins to know how dom works. most features like this have explanations outside of "just exalt ;)" in games, and with that info we could come with better solutions for problems. i fear the admins ignore brilliant reworks, suggestions and ideas because they dont really fit the current model, and decide to just forget about it. maybe im being pessimistic but the admins staff hasnt been a good shining example of management/listening to their fanbase/telling us what is actually happening instead of hiding it for a long time, hah.
Doesn't DOM fatigue compound? So each week they win, they're overcoming an even larger fatigue handicap? I remember a Light flight user mentioning this when they won DOM 3 weeks in a row.

If that's true, than no support for anything. Dominance accounts for active lairs but it can't account for dominance focused ones. Larger flights are likely hindered by the sheer number of active but low/no exalting accounts. If you want your flight to win DOM more, work within your flight to get more people interested.
Staff have already stated their opinion on flights getting DOM on their festival week. It boils down to; all rewards need to be earned. It's great that we allow each flight to get DOM for their holiday, but it's not required and it shouldn't be.

Now, if DOM fatigue doesn't compound and it's the same each week a flight wins, than I'd support adding a compounding factor so it's harder each week for the same flight to win.
Doesn't DOM fatigue compound? So each week they win, they're overcoming an even larger fatigue handicap? I remember a Light flight user mentioning this when they won DOM 3 weeks in a row.

If that's true, than no support for anything. Dominance accounts for active lairs but it can't account for dominance focused ones. Larger flights are likely hindered by the sheer number of active but low/no exalting accounts. If you want your flight to win DOM more, work within your flight to get more people interested.
Staff have already stated their opinion on flights getting DOM on their festival week. It boils down to; all rewards need to be earned. It's great that we allow each flight to get DOM for their holiday, but it's not required and it shouldn't be.

Now, if DOM fatigue doesn't compound and it's the same each week a flight wins, than I'd support adding a compounding factor so it's harder each week for the same flight to win.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
@laskaeira!

Correct, it's about 10% fatigue per week, so Earth currently has 30% fatigue
@laskaeira!

Correct, it's about 10% fatigue per week, so Earth currently has 30% fatigue
I don't think one flight placing often and being hard to beat is a problem that requires fixing. It's just the way competitive activities work, people who want to compete flock together and create strong teams and they should feel free and able to do so.

However, a flight being able to take first place for several weeks in a row to me implies that the fatigue mechanic doesn't work as intended anymore. I assume it's because when it was implemented, flights in general were smaller and oof support wasn't really a thing the way it is now, so the 10% stack for each week just isn't enough to force a dom-oriented flight down. (Which it mechanic-wise should do.)

One option could be to maybe make the fatigue in general a bit stronger, and add a multiplier to the stacking effect so that maintaining the first spot becomes exponentially harder for each consecutive week. I don't know what that multiplier should be or if the effect should clear immediately after the flight doesn't place 1st anymore, or slowly over the course of time. I just think increasing the fatigue would be a fair solution since it doesn't make it harder for a flight to place 1st often, but rather knocks it down a peg if they start holding it continuously.
I don't think one flight placing often and being hard to beat is a problem that requires fixing. It's just the way competitive activities work, people who want to compete flock together and create strong teams and they should feel free and able to do so.

However, a flight being able to take first place for several weeks in a row to me implies that the fatigue mechanic doesn't work as intended anymore. I assume it's because when it was implemented, flights in general were smaller and oof support wasn't really a thing the way it is now, so the 10% stack for each week just isn't enough to force a dom-oriented flight down. (Which it mechanic-wise should do.)

One option could be to maybe make the fatigue in general a bit stronger, and add a multiplier to the stacking effect so that maintaining the first spot becomes exponentially harder for each consecutive week. I don't know what that multiplier should be or if the effect should clear immediately after the flight doesn't place 1st anymore, or slowly over the course of time. I just think increasing the fatigue would be a fair solution since it doesn't make it harder for a flight to place 1st often, but rather knocks it down a peg if they start holding it continuously.
[quote]I don't know what that multiplier should be or if the effect should clear immediately after the flight doesn't place 1st anymore, or slowly over the course of time. I just think increasing the fatigue would be a fair solution since it doesn't make it harder for a flight to place 1st often, but rather knocks it down a peg if they start holding it continuously.[/quote] 30%, maybe? It's still beatable, as this week shows, especially if no one else is conquesting, but placing 3 times would be extremely hard (60% fatigue on the third week) and 4 virtually impossible as with only 10% of the original value left even a PB for a small flight woldn't be able to do much.
Quote:
I don't know what that multiplier should be or if the effect should clear immediately after the flight doesn't place 1st anymore, or slowly over the course of time. I just think increasing the fatigue would be a fair solution since it doesn't make it harder for a flight to place 1st often, but rather knocks it down a peg if they start holding it continuously.
30%, maybe? It's still beatable, as this week shows, especially if no one else is conquesting, but placing 3 times would be extremely hard (60% fatigue on the third week) and 4 virtually impossible as with only 10% of the original value left even a PB for a small flight woldn't be able to do much.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15