Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | unnamed exaltions
1 2 3 4 5 6
There might be a better real-world example of naming conventions; pedigreed dogs and racehorses. I had no idea this stuff existed but it might explain the whole curation of offspring lists. Apparently, this is what happens when enough of those people get together and start enforcing their worldview on others:

AKC Naming rules
Jockey Rulebook, Name section

I'm grateful FR didn't pull this kind of horse pucky when they built this site and I'm not pleased that players are trying to drag it in. While some of the rules are reasonable (lewdness, length) the one biggie that they share is the whole "must be acceptable to us" even though we don't own the animal is my personal sticking point. Not yours = not yours.

Anyway, back to the original suggestion to have a bunch of people name currently unnamed dragons...no. People name dragons after any random thing that pops into their heads so I'd rather see a slew of Unnamed than anything from my personal list of pet peeves in dragon names.

@Jemadar

I saw your post after I posted this. Apparently, enough people got together to demand this in the U.S. (AKC). I think it proves my point on what a bad idea it would be here.
There might be a better real-world example of naming conventions; pedigreed dogs and racehorses. I had no idea this stuff existed but it might explain the whole curation of offspring lists. Apparently, this is what happens when enough of those people get together and start enforcing their worldview on others:

AKC Naming rules
Jockey Rulebook, Name section

I'm grateful FR didn't pull this kind of horse pucky when they built this site and I'm not pleased that players are trying to drag it in. While some of the rules are reasonable (lewdness, length) the one biggie that they share is the whole "must be acceptable to us" even though we don't own the animal is my personal sticking point. Not yours = not yours.

Anyway, back to the original suggestion to have a bunch of people name currently unnamed dragons...no. People name dragons after any random thing that pops into their heads so I'd rather see a slew of Unnamed than anything from my personal list of pet peeves in dragon names.

@Jemadar

I saw your post after I posted this. Apparently, enough people got together to demand this in the U.S. (AKC). I think it proves my point on what a bad idea it would be here.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

*blinks* thanks, I never actually knew that...

*goes to check out links*
@Nightwind

*blinks* thanks, I never actually knew that...

*goes to check out links*

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
After reading that dog link, let me tell you, if FR starts to do that, I will fight it... Here are some excerts from the site: [quote]The AKC permits thirty-seven (37) dogs of each breed to be assigned the same name.[/quote] [quote]Choose the breed of your dog (names are breed specific), enter your last name, and what you would like to name your dog. [/quote] and last, my favorite: [quote]Further, in cases where the litter owner(s) first individually registered the dog, the litter owner(s) written consent shall be required. A dog name containing a Registered Kennel Name cannot be changed without the written consent of the owner(s) of that Registered Kennel Name. However, no change in name will be recorded by the American Kennel Club after the dog has produced or sired an AKC registered litter or has received an award at an AKC-licensed or member event[/quote] (I do agree with some of them, like no lewd or derogatory words)
After reading that dog link, let me tell you, if FR starts to do that, I will fight it...

Here are some excerts from the site:
Quote:
The AKC permits thirty-seven (37) dogs of each breed to be assigned the same name.
Quote:
Choose the breed of your dog (names are breed specific), enter your last name, and what you would like to name your dog.

and last, my favorite:
Quote:
Further, in cases where the litter owner(s) first individually registered the dog, the litter owner(s) written consent shall be required. A dog name containing a Registered Kennel Name cannot be changed without the written consent of the owner(s) of that Registered Kennel Name. However, no change in name will be recorded by the American Kennel Club after the dog has produced or sired an AKC registered litter or has received an award at an AKC-licensed or member event

(I do agree with some of them, like no lewd or derogatory words)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
If a person sells a dragon it's not their dragons] any more. I'm always baffled by how people try to take away from how other players play the game just bc of differing play styles. People should be free to do literally what ever they wish with a dragon, especially something as important as naming. Sometimes not naming things has significance as well.
If a person sells a dragon it's not their dragons] any more. I'm always baffled by how people try to take away from how other players play the game just bc of differing play styles. People should be free to do literally what ever they wish with a dragon, especially something as important as naming. Sometimes not naming things has significance as well.
2021-01-27-FR-trade-theodericc-2-w-apparel.png _aaaaa
My name is Derek! he/him

vz4ED9D.png
_aaaaa 2021-01-27-FR-trade-theodericc-w-apparel-flipped.png
I agree 100% I would love a function that won't allow exaltation without naming, or even better a function that if it tries to exalt a dragon as unnamed it automatically gives it a random name.
I agree 100% I would love a function that won't allow exaltation without naming, or even better a function that if it tries to exalt a dragon as unnamed it automatically gives it a random name.
0f1mBJP.png
[quote name="Caprineki" date="2018-09-25 12:28:13" ] I agree 100% I would love a function that won't allow exaltation without naming, or even better a function that if it tries to exalt a dragon as unnamed it automatically gives it a random name. [/quote] No. I have dragons that I have exalted unnamed for lore reason. Bred by me. Exalted by me. Forcing a name on them would completely ruin my lore. Instead of forcing your playstyle (not wanting unnamed exaltations) on others who may prefer to exalt their dragon unnamed, you can name your dragons before selling. That way you'll never have unnamed dragons on your offspring lists, and people who want to exalt unnamed can still do that
Caprineki wrote on 2018-09-25 12:28:13:
No. I have dragons that I have exalted unnamed for lore reason. Bred by me. Exalted by me. Forcing a name on them would completely ruin my lore.

Instead of forcing your playstyle (not wanting unnamed exaltations) on others who may prefer to exalt their dragon unnamed, you can name your dragons before selling. That way you'll never have unnamed dragons on your offspring lists, and people who want to exalt unnamed can still do that
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
No support. I don't want my clan leaders, coli teams, or favorite dragon's offspring to suddenly be named 'Mr.WiggleBottom' or 'BathMat' or 'Chair'.And i'm sure everybody agrees, those sre worse the unnamed. I don't want my dragons offspring to suddenly have a ridiculous name. and what about dragons whose hatchlings died before they were able to named? That'd ruin the idea if they were suddenly named 'Reeee'
No support. I don't want my clan leaders, coli teams, or favorite dragon's offspring to suddenly be named 'Mr.WiggleBottom' or 'BathMat' or 'Chair'.And i'm sure everybody agrees, those sre worse the unnamed. I don't want my dragons offspring to suddenly have a ridiculous name. and what about dragons whose hatchlings died before they were able to named? That'd ruin the idea if they were suddenly named 'Reeee'
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-09-24 12:13:17" ] After reading that dog link, let me tell you, if FR starts to do that, I will fight it... [...] (I do agree with some of them, like no lewd or derogatory words) [/quote] What the actual f*ck... I haven't checked out the links (and, frankly, I don't want to; the snippets posted by Jemadar are enough) but Is this a thing for real? Because it sounds like a bad joke Really hope none of this s*it gets to FR, or anywere near where I live for that matter How much of a stuck up elitist must you be to think you can dictate what [i]someone else names [b]their own dog[/b][/i] This is insane Back on the Unnamed topic, no thanks I don't think I need to repeat the same things others already said (name before you sell ecc) But anyway 1- On the random generator giving names to newly exalted dragons, no support, I have my reasons to exalt a dragon Unnamed, wich can range from lore to having a list of unnameds ONLY 2- Random players giving [i]already exalted[/i] Unnameds names of their chosing... No??? It's not their dragons, and you bet some would have fun with keysmashes and the like.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-09-24 12:13:17:
After reading that dog link, let me tell you, if FR starts to do that, I will fight it...

[...]
(I do agree with some of them, like no lewd or derogatory words)
What the actual f*ck...
I haven't checked out the links (and, frankly, I don't want to; the snippets posted by Jemadar are enough) but
Is this a thing for real? Because it sounds like a bad joke

Really hope none of this s*it gets to FR, or anywere near where I live for that matter
How much of a stuck up elitist must you be to think you can dictate what someone else names their own dog
This is insane

Back on the Unnamed topic, no thanks
I don't think I need to repeat the same things others already said (name before you sell ecc)
But anyway
1- On the random generator giving names to newly exalted dragons, no support, I have my reasons to exalt a dragon Unnamed, wich can range from lore to having a list of unnameds ONLY
2- Random players giving already exalted Unnameds names of their chosing... No??? It's not their dragons, and you bet some would have fun with keysmashes and the like.
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
No support. As for the AKC naming rules, I have two professional breeders in my family and they've always just registered the dogs as something fancy but let the new owners choose whichever name they want for daily use. The registered names are just a way of keeping track more easily.

For example, Magic Charm's Amazing Tea Bag's offspring from the same litter are named Magic Charm's Brilliant Tea Spoon, Magic Charm's Brilliant Tea Cup, etc. Next litter are with a partner named Gorgeous Sunset, which makes the puppies Magic Charm's Gorgeous Tea Pot etc.

Those are not names meant to be used in anything else than show registration, health certificates, passports, breeding and lineage control, etc. In their daily lives, these are slobbery drooly goofballs that roll in mud and chase seagulls and respond to "Cato" and "Kira" and "Thea" and "Kompiz" and "Stella".

That's why I believe this system should not have anything to do with dragons. Breeder's naming can be done anyways by naming before selling, if you wish so. Unnamed exaltions are fine.
No support. As for the AKC naming rules, I have two professional breeders in my family and they've always just registered the dogs as something fancy but let the new owners choose whichever name they want for daily use. The registered names are just a way of keeping track more easily.

For example, Magic Charm's Amazing Tea Bag's offspring from the same litter are named Magic Charm's Brilliant Tea Spoon, Magic Charm's Brilliant Tea Cup, etc. Next litter are with a partner named Gorgeous Sunset, which makes the puppies Magic Charm's Gorgeous Tea Pot etc.

Those are not names meant to be used in anything else than show registration, health certificates, passports, breeding and lineage control, etc. In their daily lives, these are slobbery drooly goofballs that roll in mud and chase seagulls and respond to "Cato" and "Kira" and "Thea" and "Kompiz" and "Stella".

That's why I believe this system should not have anything to do with dragons. Breeder's naming can be done anyways by naming before selling, if you wish so. Unnamed exaltions are fine.
66MHIIb.png
@Midorikage

AKC and Jockey rules only determine what the animals are called for official events/publicity and for legal reasons (inheritance, divorce or breeding contracts/paperwork on offspring registered with their respective clubs). As far as I can tell it's so breeders who are charging hundreds or thousands or millions of dollars for their dogs/horses don't have to be embarrassed over what people call their animals at home. Lineage matters for these animals (purebred, able to compete in purebred events, inbreeding avoidance, racing/show history) and names are a way to draw attention to specific lines and advertise the breeders those lines come from.

Admittedly, some word meanings have changed as time goes by. Justify, a Triple Crown Winner, has a sire whose name probably can't be used here.

@Midorikage

AKC and Jockey rules only determine what the animals are called for official events/publicity and for legal reasons (inheritance, divorce or breeding contracts/paperwork on offspring registered with their respective clubs). As far as I can tell it's so breeders who are charging hundreds or thousands or millions of dollars for their dogs/horses don't have to be embarrassed over what people call their animals at home. Lineage matters for these animals (purebred, able to compete in purebred events, inbreeding avoidance, racing/show history) and names are a way to draw attention to specific lines and advertise the breeders those lines come from.

Admittedly, some word meanings have changed as time goes by. Justify, a Triple Crown Winner, has a sire whose name probably can't be used here.

I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
1 2 3 4 5 6