Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [New colors] Birch and more
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 113 114
I was looking through this thread again and lorddd moonstone is to die for on that coatl [emoji=coatl love size=1]
I was looking through this thread again and lorddd moonstone is to die for on that coatl
goSc2L4.png
i would literally give away all my dragons for a chance to have some of these.

For those who make skins, make some skins of these ideas!! they’d sell like wildfire!
i would literally give away all my dragons for a chance to have some of these.

For those who make skins, make some skins of these ideas!! they’d sell like wildfire!
SURlPKu.png
Id die for Birch, Reef, Horizon, and Seaside. Please

Neon would be fun too

But some of these need the big ol saturation lower. They hurt my eyes a bit
Id die for Birch, Reef, Horizon, and Seaside. Please

Neon would be fun too

But some of these need the big ol saturation lower. They hurt my eyes a bit
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
Many of these are amazing! I think that adding more than a few colors would perhaps not be great (since precise breeding pairs can suffer from just 1 extra color, and also because each new color needs to be implemented to each existing and upcoming gene on every breed and every pose (and we already have color/gene mistakes that haven't been fixed)), but some of these are gorgeous! I particularly like [b]Moonstone[/b] (stunning on the Coatl, although it looks a bit too light around the edges), [b]Ametrine[/b] (Violet v2, maybe, but beautiful), [b]Lagoon[/b] (the WC version), [b]Dusk[/b] (Sunset v2?) and [b]Dragonfruit[/b] (it's in the name)! Aside from those, I think that Birch (Orca v2), Matcha, Sea, Sodalite, Chalcedony, Powder/Talc, Aspen (finally a white range greenish hue?), Myosotis, Vanilla, Cyclamen, Tuttifrutti (pastel Radioactive), Aventurine, Blueberry and Quartz to name a few are also well executed and might be useful for filling up current gaps! However, without meaning to single out any users, I feel like not all of these would work. Please note that these are my opinions, I'm rambling because I find this interesting, and I appreciate people's attempts at making something new! c: Most notably, I personally don't really want [b]colors that are duotone for the sake of being duotone[/b], especially outside of normally duotone genes. This is great in small amounts, as with Violet, but those colors would become less special if we had this many! Some of these, like Moonstone, Ametrine and Dragonfruit, make perfect sense (google any of these and you'll likely see it for yourself), and the colors themselves are relatively unique (possibly not Ametrine though - maybe it'd need to be yellow with purple accents instead?), which is why they're some of my favorites! But some of these could just as well be regular colors, and I think that might be best, but then some of them would also not really look different enough from existing colors, which is why they might not make the cut in my mind. Now then, some of these are also [b]close to existing colors[/b] as-is, which is why I tried to exclude those ones. This is especially because, while a hue shift might make or break a scry, like I said, I doubt they'd like to add a lot of colors - and I doubt users with precise breeding pairs would like that, either! Some of them were also [b]aesthetically imperfect[/b], like too bright, light or dark, which could of course be fixed! Another thing is that I personally wouldn't like to see are [b]rainbow colors, especially gradients[/b]. Gradient rainbow colors can easily look basically like Iri/Shim on every gene, which I don't think is great. I think mega colorful base colors might not work in general, as I believe our current most colorful ones are Radioactive, Copper, Violet etc. which only have 2 tones for most genes (and sometimes 3, at least Rad) and certain others that only get several colors for certain genes (Banana Pin/Trail especially). And even if a color has fun secondary tones, it needs to qualify by itself, too! Moreover, I feel like the focus should remain on the genes, so you can't have the color stealing the spotlight. :) Lastly, I myself felt like some of these suggestions might need to get [b]renamed[/b]. [b]Abstract concepts and feelings[/b] (like Hope or Sadness, since I don't think those were in the list) are hard to visualize in reality, and different cultures might completely disagree on them. Words with evil and sad connections might also not feel approppriate or very fun for everyone! And [b]seasons/holidays etc.[/b] can look different in different places, and choosing a color would require you to focus on just 1 aspect of them, which others might disagree on. Furthermore, at least a few basically had synonyms in the existing colors already, so that could possibly get confusing. That being said, if we ever get more colors, I'd be excited to hoard some of these right off the bat! [emoji=coatl love size=1]
Many of these are amazing! I think that adding more than a few colors would perhaps not be great (since precise breeding pairs can suffer from just 1 extra color, and also because each new color needs to be implemented to each existing and upcoming gene on every breed and every pose (and we already have color/gene mistakes that haven't been fixed)), but some of these are gorgeous! I particularly like Moonstone (stunning on the Coatl, although it looks a bit too light around the edges), Ametrine (Violet v2, maybe, but beautiful), Lagoon (the WC version), Dusk (Sunset v2?) and Dragonfruit (it's in the name)!

Aside from those, I think that Birch (Orca v2), Matcha, Sea, Sodalite, Chalcedony, Powder/Talc, Aspen (finally a white range greenish hue?), Myosotis, Vanilla, Cyclamen, Tuttifrutti (pastel Radioactive), Aventurine, Blueberry and Quartz to name a few are also well executed and might be useful for filling up current gaps!

However, without meaning to single out any users, I feel like not all of these would work. Please note that these are my opinions, I'm rambling because I find this interesting, and I appreciate people's attempts at making something new! c:

Most notably, I personally don't really want colors that are duotone for the sake of being duotone, especially outside of normally duotone genes. This is great in small amounts, as with Violet, but those colors would become less special if we had this many! Some of these, like Moonstone, Ametrine and Dragonfruit, make perfect sense (google any of these and you'll likely see it for yourself), and the colors themselves are relatively unique (possibly not Ametrine though - maybe it'd need to be yellow with purple accents instead?), which is why they're some of my favorites! But some of these could just as well be regular colors, and I think that might be best, but then some of them would also not really look different enough from existing colors, which is why they might not make the cut in my mind.

Now then, some of these are also close to existing colors as-is, which is why I tried to exclude those ones. This is especially because, while a hue shift might make or break a scry, like I said, I doubt they'd like to add a lot of colors - and I doubt users with precise breeding pairs would like that, either! Some of them were also aesthetically imperfect, like too bright, light or dark, which could of course be fixed!

Another thing is that I personally wouldn't like to see are rainbow colors, especially gradients. Gradient rainbow colors can easily look basically like Iri/Shim on every gene, which I don't think is great. I think mega colorful base colors might not work in general, as I believe our current most colorful ones are Radioactive, Copper, Violet etc. which only have 2 tones for most genes (and sometimes 3, at least Rad) and certain others that only get several colors for certain genes (Banana Pin/Trail especially). And even if a color has fun secondary tones, it needs to qualify by itself, too! Moreover, I feel like the focus should remain on the genes, so you can't have the color stealing the spotlight. :)

Lastly, I myself felt like some of these suggestions might need to get renamed. Abstract concepts and feelings (like Hope or Sadness, since I don't think those were in the list) are hard to visualize in reality, and different cultures might completely disagree on them. Words with evil and sad connections might also not feel approppriate or very fun for everyone! And seasons/holidays etc. can look different in different places, and choosing a color would require you to focus on just 1 aspect of them, which others might disagree on. Furthermore, at least a few basically had synonyms in the existing colors already, so that could possibly get confusing.

That being said, if we ever get more colors, I'd be excited to hoard some of these right off the bat!
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
Very nicely said, @Denial, thank you for sharing your opinions and constructive criticism! Of course, please note that these are all in concept mode and that they most certainly would be polished if they were to be implemented ♥
Very nicely said, @Denial, thank you for sharing your opinions and constructive criticism! Of course, please note that these are all in concept mode and that they most certainly would be polished if they were to be implemented ♥
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@TehuMertt Of course! I just couldn't stop thinking about this thread and thought I'd put my thoughts into words in case anyone wanted ideas to improve their suggestions! c: And it's fine to disagree too, that's just what I thought!
@TehuMertt Of course! I just couldn't stop thinking about this thread and thought I'd put my thoughts into words in case anyone wanted ideas to improve their suggestions! c: And it's fine to disagree too, that's just what I thought!
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
support
support
Emperor_Banner.png

Former Plague || Ping if you need anything
yusss
yusss
it / its

my tism. Too strong.
cQcx9mq.png9hqcHsy.pnghh5n4WA.pngmtHAEL4.png
AaYNmEX.pngypcKWM0.png4xqaZpf.pngay4nb7T.png
TWSJTng.pngr8v91MH.pngIgxj6v7.pnggYW0j5f.png
iJZWqi6.pngFcevfEX.pnggziv3Ja.pngOuGYfwM.png
mHG2UNd.pngPvUqAA2.pngKdJtVsv.png1fpzX0w.png
Unrelated to dragon colours but I just stumbled upon something very similar to this in one coliseum captcha and I need to admit that I desperately want a familiar with this sort of colouration now [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/xTaUrrF.png[/img][/center]
Unrelated to dragon colours but I just stumbled upon something very similar to this in one coliseum captcha and I need to admit that I desperately want a familiar with this sort of colouration now
xTaUrrF.png
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
oh yo that looks so cool
oh yo that looks so cool
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 113 114