Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [New colors] Birch and more
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 113 114
OMG YES!!! :D
My personal favs are Moonstone, Ametrine, Shortcake, Circus, Vineyard, Secret, Holo, and Seaside!
OMG YES!!! :D
My personal favs are Moonstone, Ametrine, Shortcake, Circus, Vineyard, Secret, Holo, and Seaside!
I would like to have all of them. [emoji=heart size=1]
I would like to have all of them.
5891801a7bbcd5e9c6aeff9821d1e2fda0e1ee6c.png
hdWqAOO.png
zLwbKxI.png
HkP1Kx1.png
oaolHwW.png
9bc3d1022808dc564cb98e21609cdb28fde2cfc4.gif mtHAEL4.png
EB9jVcQ.png
0XHtpWy.png
Vs2WmBF.png
But is it real H O L O

(spoiler alert, yes)
But is it real H O L O

(spoiler alert, yes)
8zPfs6i.gifWsu3XA9.gifT0whsPx.gifIgg8mPI.gifv0CPm88.pngX5bisuN.gif6Fwt9Qr.gif9mjyPzr.png
These are absolutely gorgeous, I am always down for new colors. How they'd effect pairs tho is always a conflict tho.
These are absolutely gorgeous, I am always down for new colors. How they'd effect pairs tho is always a conflict tho.
gmoRibT.png
big support
big support
Hm. Not really keen on this idea..
(No offense to any makers of colours mentioned, they're beautiful but I just don't think they'd work. But, please don't be discouraged and continue making gorgeous edits!)

Why? well,, let me explain:
A handful of colours, while pretty, are very similar to prexisting colours, can be achieved by stained relatively simply or just,,, don't fit into the fr style.
Using Winter as an example, I can barely tell that from ice. Of course, crimson and sanguine are very similar but are pretty different. One being darker and less saturated, and also having a different colour fade in it.

On neon, I can barely make out the shading. If we have the skin rule were shading/lines must be visible I think colours should apply too. Also, though the concept is interesting, how would basic work? Stay black or be neon too?

Tyrian looks too little like the fr style for me. The colours themselves are fine, but they seem to have their own shading and remind me too much of a filter to really fit into the rest of the flat fr colouration.

Holo, the example is gorgeous, but how would basic and other genes work?? Would they still be holographic? Would it have a base colour?

For me, some of these just don't work out. But, some like Tropical do match and honestly look like real colours. But idk, I'd be kind of,, neutral on a colour update as lets take a breeding pair that's XXY/XYY for example.
If, said colours are right next to eachother now but one was added in between, it would then result in XYZ occasionally which the breeder may not be keen on.
That's just my take though
Hm. Not really keen on this idea..
(No offense to any makers of colours mentioned, they're beautiful but I just don't think they'd work. But, please don't be discouraged and continue making gorgeous edits!)

Why? well,, let me explain:
A handful of colours, while pretty, are very similar to prexisting colours, can be achieved by stained relatively simply or just,,, don't fit into the fr style.
Using Winter as an example, I can barely tell that from ice. Of course, crimson and sanguine are very similar but are pretty different. One being darker and less saturated, and also having a different colour fade in it.

On neon, I can barely make out the shading. If we have the skin rule were shading/lines must be visible I think colours should apply too. Also, though the concept is interesting, how would basic work? Stay black or be neon too?

Tyrian looks too little like the fr style for me. The colours themselves are fine, but they seem to have their own shading and remind me too much of a filter to really fit into the rest of the flat fr colouration.

Holo, the example is gorgeous, but how would basic and other genes work?? Would they still be holographic? Would it have a base colour?

For me, some of these just don't work out. But, some like Tropical do match and honestly look like real colours. But idk, I'd be kind of,, neutral on a colour update as lets take a breeding pair that's XXY/XYY for example.
If, said colours are right next to eachother now but one was added in between, it would then result in XYZ occasionally which the breeder may not be keen on.
That's just my take though
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
@lemonysnaket That's fair, thanks for your contribution! However, you gotta understand that many of these are just hue edits and would not look like the end product. The main goal of this thread was to post unique dual-tone colours back when I started this thread. Some are too saturated, some are similar to what we already have, some completely go against the standards but in no way are we implying that those exact images should be used for new colours nor that they should look exactly like that when finished. When I put them on the front post, it's just because other players spent their time working on some edits and I didn't want to make them feel left out, plus seeing random visual examples would not hurt. I completely understand that this could have been taken falsely, just as you and numerous other people did, and that we're trying to imply that all of these colours should be added but that is not true haha. Sadly, I cannot edit the front post anymore so we're stuck with what we have! Otherwise I would have pointed that out a while ago! It's mainly just a showcase for ideas and concepts that numerous players like. I do have some personal favourites and I believe some would work well as official colours, slightly changed by the Staff before release, but I think these would be great additions to the colour wheel and fit the standards well without being similar to any existing colour: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4a652ae3a554bb3b48cfe28c11f1aee3/tumblr_pgbgay0OCx1rrchuno1_400.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/cb9c8fcad69f2364533e4f8e726d8734/tumblr_inline_ph9ktpyOhq1r7p6yr_540.png[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/1455c77739eab000dedc3860b96fafd9/tumblr_pfh0ad0Kks1rrchuno1_400.png[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/5b31e2de034a5650a13f6560dacc1fd8/tumblr_pf8jbmsVNx1rrchuno1_400.png[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/ad1090d2464a7424ab10941248d2cc8e/tumblr_pfpzvpKJk91rrchuno1_400.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/181ffe8476102dbdba9cf27a9d9b577b/tumblr_pgfwzpaAqb1rrchuno1_400.png[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/bc0988ce98122593cf455d96a72ed75e/tumblr_pfu0bqdsfG1rrchuno1_400.png[/img] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/48d175a31ab7c3132432d8c7eef57052/tumblr_pi1p2dNPDl1rrchuno3_400.png[/img] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/a005/f/2018/253/3/6/birch_by_croatiahetalia-dcmk2xk.png[/img] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2e65/f/2018/254/1/8/dragonfruit_by_croatiahetalia-dcmlqjd.png[/img] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/a732/f/2018/254/9/5/redwood_by_croatiahetalia-dcmlqls.png[/img]
@lemonysnaket
That's fair, thanks for your contribution! However, you gotta understand that many of these are just hue edits and would not look like the end product. The main goal of this thread was to post unique dual-tone colours back when I started this thread. Some are too saturated, some are similar to what we already have, some completely go against the standards but in no way are we implying that those exact images should be used for new colours nor that they should look exactly like that when finished. When I put them on the front post, it's just because other players spent their time working on some edits and I didn't want to make them feel left out, plus seeing random visual examples would not hurt.
I completely understand that this could have been taken falsely, just as you and numerous other people did, and that we're trying to imply that all of these colours should be added but that is not true haha. Sadly, I cannot edit the front post anymore so we're stuck with what we have! Otherwise I would have pointed that out a while ago! It's mainly just a showcase for ideas and concepts that numerous players like.

I do have some personal favourites and I believe some would work well as official colours, slightly changed by the Staff before release, but I think these would be great additions to the colour wheel and fit the standards well without being similar to any existing colour:

tumblr_pgbgay0OCx1rrchuno1_400.png
tumblr_inline_ph9ktpyOhq1r7p6yr_540.png
tumblr_pfh0ad0Kks1rrchuno1_400.png
tumblr_pf8jbmsVNx1rrchuno1_400.png
tumblr_pfpzvpKJk91rrchuno1_400.png
tumblr_pgfwzpaAqb1rrchuno1_400.png
tumblr_pfu0bqdsfG1rrchuno1_400.png
tumblr_pi1p2dNPDl1rrchuno3_400.png
birch_by_croatiahetalia-dcmk2xk.png
dragonfruit_by_croatiahetalia-dcmlqjd.png
redwood_by_croatiahetalia-dcmlqls.png
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
You know "you can make make blah blah with stained!" keeps cropping up an an excuse for nonsupport and it makes no sense, yeah some you can get a little close but that's not actually relevant. If I want one of these colors I want to USE them in combinations not every dragon is an xxx or xxy. "Just use stained", sure if I never want to use another tert gene.

If I want a moonstone/smog/radioactive* coatl with slime/toxin/ghost, guess what? ”oh you can use stained to get close to x color" is worthless. You can't use stained only on the wings/just the body or in conjunction with another tert gene. It's not a solution to getting colors like this. Stained also VERY often strips
detail and sharpness out of a dragon's appearance and can make them cloudy or muddy looking depending on the tert color.

You can't use stained to get Verdigris Glimmer or Thylacine markings on a dragon.

*not sure what that would look like tbh.
You know "you can make make blah blah with stained!" keeps cropping up an an excuse for nonsupport and it makes no sense, yeah some you can get a little close but that's not actually relevant. If I want one of these colors I want to USE them in combinations not every dragon is an xxx or xxy. "Just use stained", sure if I never want to use another tert gene.

If I want a moonstone/smog/radioactive* coatl with slime/toxin/ghost, guess what? ”oh you can use stained to get close to x color" is worthless. You can't use stained only on the wings/just the body or in conjunction with another tert gene. It's not a solution to getting colors like this. Stained also VERY often strips
detail and sharpness out of a dragon's appearance and can make them cloudy or muddy looking depending on the tert color.

You can't use stained to get Verdigris Glimmer or Thylacine markings on a dragon.

*not sure what that would look like tbh.
@persimmonbird that is very well said actually! I knew something was bothering me about the whole "you can just stain it" talk but I couldn't put it into words. You did it perfectly, thank you!
@persimmonbird that is very well said actually! I knew something was bothering me about the whole "you can just stain it" talk but I couldn't put it into words. You did it perfectly, thank you!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@persimmonbird Thank you SO MUCH for pointing that out!

Here's another argument in favor of some of those colors that would seem a bit close to the canon colors: poison/toxin, and other genes that have a funky extra color. Ice poi/tox is a light blue with shades of deep purples. The comparatively similar Winter would have shades of green instead.
@persimmonbird Thank you SO MUCH for pointing that out!

Here's another argument in favor of some of those colors that would seem a bit close to the canon colors: poison/toxin, and other genes that have a funky extra color. Ice poi/tox is a light blue with shades of deep purples. The comparatively similar Winter would have shades of green instead.
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 113 114