Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Commas
1 2 3 4 5
I always support toggles for accessibility. I would likely opt-in myself for some commas and make my eyes happy!
I always support toggles for accessibility. I would likely opt-in myself for some commas and make my eyes happy!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Support, and I don't see why "the site's been without them for X years" can possibly be a valid reason not to. Commas aren't going to hurt anyone, they're not going to make things harder to see, so why shouldn't they be added if they would help some players?
Support, and I don't see why "the site's been without them for X years" can possibly be a valid reason not to. Commas aren't going to hurt anyone, they're not going to make things harder to see, so why shouldn't they be added if they would help some players?
Support, but definitely make it toggle-able imo, since it appears some countries are strange
Support, but definitely make it toggle-able imo, since it appears some countries are strange

0JCCASa.jpg
This suggestion is hard to work with because (1.) the site has already gone this long without using any sort of number divider and (2.) number dividers look different all around the world, as previously mentioned by others. Where I am from: 900000 treasure would read as 900,000 treasure. But I know it's not like this in other parts of the world. Honestly, I support gema below~ [quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-12-27 07:55:21" ] Support for any type of separator 999,999,999 999 999 999 999.999.999 Any are fine for me because all are easier to read than 999999999. [/quote]
This suggestion is hard to work with because (1.) the site has already gone this long without using any sort of number divider and (2.) number dividers look different all around the world, as previously mentioned by others.

Where I am from: 900000 treasure would read as 900,000 treasure. But I know it's not like this in other parts of the world.

Honestly, I support gema below~
gemajgall wrote on 2018-12-27 07:55:21:
Support for any type of separator

999 999 999

Any are fine for me because all are easier to read than 999999999.
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
Support! Sometimes I have to stop and check numbers very carefully before I buy something (especially expensive stuff). It would be a lot more convenient if there were commas.
Support! Sometimes I have to stop and check numbers very carefully before I buy something (especially expensive stuff). It would be a lot more convenient if there were commas.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
I'm surprised this suggestion is so contentious when it is relatively simple. Adding separators helps people who struggle to read numbers without them and people with reading disabilities that need it too, so that should be reason enough to implement it.

Additional the "we've gone on so long without it" argument just doesn't work. We went so long without party sorting in Coli and without item trading in the Crossroads, but no one makes the same excuse for those.

If it's toggle-able it shouldn't be an issue, and even it wasn't, adapting to it isn't a herculean effort.

So big support here for the fellow dragon hoarders that struggle with numbers.
I'm surprised this suggestion is so contentious when it is relatively simple. Adding separators helps people who struggle to read numbers without them and people with reading disabilities that need it too, so that should be reason enough to implement it.

Additional the "we've gone on so long without it" argument just doesn't work. We went so long without party sorting in Coli and without item trading in the Crossroads, but no one makes the same excuse for those.

If it's toggle-able it shouldn't be an issue, and even it wasn't, adapting to it isn't a herculean effort.

So big support here for the fellow dragon hoarders that struggle with numbers.
Them Social Medias  
1PJACLA.png YcSRinR.png qf9kDf4.png  
nQIiEvb.png PqDjIIK.png c2BNnvm.png  
{ Haley / Umbree }
art shop || dragon shop || gallery

The two greatest blessings in this world are dragons and cerdaes.

Be respectful with your pings please.
pNQE8J9.png
[quote]and even it wasn't, (a toggle) adapting to it isn't a herculean effort.[/quote] [/right] The thing about commas is that they don't mean the same thing around the world, so it would have to be a toggle - it shouldn't be mandatory Where I am, commas do not divide numbers - they divide numbers and decimals, so it would feel extremely odd for FR to have commas...but no decimals. Support a toggle, no support for it being mandatory
Quote:
and even it wasn't, (a toggle) adapting to it isn't a herculean effort.
[/right]
The thing about commas is that they don't mean the same thing around the world, so it would have to be a toggle - it shouldn't be mandatory

Where I am, commas do not divide numbers - they divide numbers and decimals, so it would feel extremely odd for FR to have commas...but no decimals.

Support a toggle, no support for it being mandatory
Support! I find myself sometimes paying more money than intended because I have a hard time separating the numbers (even with highlighting with the numbers with my cursor). Same goes for the currency count in the Vault.
Support! I find myself sometimes paying more money than intended because I have a hard time separating the numbers (even with highlighting with the numbers with my cursor). Same goes for the currency count in the Vault.
most people put something meaningful here...
Support! I don't have dyscalculia but I find reading comma-less amounts over a million really annoying, so.
Support! I don't have dyscalculia but I find reading comma-less amounts over a million really annoying, so.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
[quote name="Pool" date="2018-08-06 20:00:09" ] I think this is something that could be used for numbers generated by the site, if that makes sense. I think the AH and marketplace could display numbers with commas for numbers greater than 999. A user would only have to type 1000 into the amount they want, but the listing says 1,000. Same thing could be used on the CR- I could type in "1000" to send, while the recipient sees "1,000" As long as users don't have to manually put commas in order for the site to function, because that would be a nightmare, I support commas in places where FR could add them automatically without infringing on a user's freedom to write numbers with/without them (like the forums, PMs, dragon bios, or clan description). [/quote] huge support for this!
Pool wrote on 2018-08-06 20:00:09:
I think this is something that could be used for numbers generated by the site, if that makes sense.

I think the AH and marketplace could display numbers with commas for numbers greater than 999. A user would only have to type 1000 into the amount they want, but the listing says 1,000. Same thing could be used on the CR- I could type in "1000" to send, while the recipient sees "1,000"

As long as users don't have to manually put commas in order for the site to function, because that would be a nightmare, I support commas in places where FR could add them automatically without infringing on a user's freedom to write numbers with/without them (like the forums, PMs, dragon bios, or clan description).

huge support for this!
1 2 3 4 5