Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Item to revert to common eyes?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Support. We have remove gene scrolls, so I don't see why we wouldn't have an option to restore eyes to their basic form too.
Support. We have remove gene scrolls, so I don't see why we wouldn't have an option to restore eyes to their basic form too.
CePfUD9.gif
H6F4JRr.png
There was an AI made of dust,
Whose poetry gained it man's trust
If is follows ought,
It'll do what they thought,
In the end we all do what we must.
This is really all it would take for me to love this update instead of feeling like I got the rug pulled out from under me.
This is really all it would take for me to love this update instead of feeling like I got the rug pulled out from under me.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Support! If we look at eyes as a quaternary gene, then this on par with all the other genes.
Support! If we look at eyes as a quaternary gene, then this on par with all the other genes.
ZrjI0Fj.png
Support!
I ruined 4 dragons trying to get interesting eyes and all I got were the darker eye colours and no way to get back to common. I like vibrant colours.
Same could go for players who wanted darker colours and got something else.
We need at least this item.
Support!
I ruined 4 dragons trying to get interesting eyes and all I got were the darker eye colours and no way to get back to common. I like vibrant colours.
Same could go for players who wanted darker colours and got something else.
We need at least this item.
Help them grow please!=>eastern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gif
support. i would prefer each dragon has a one-time free option to revert to common, but if not then at least a buyable item at the treasure marketplace.
support. i would prefer each dragon has a one-time free option to revert to common, but if not then at least a buyable item at the treasure marketplace.
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
Why should Common - which should be just that - be the only eye type it can be impossible to get? It's not even just about the risk of getting primal/etc eyes on our breeding projects; from what I can tell, that's about equivalent to the risk of breeding Crystal to Ripple and getting a Crystal hatchling. Won't happen often enough that I'd worry about it. But in many cases, Uncommon would be just as dragon-breaking. Look at this lady I'm trying to breed for: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=83&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=158&auth=dc9c0aa546c819499ff8932be982853f11b9d95d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Note the lovely auburn Earth Common eyes that match so perfectly with her Glimmer. But picture her with... pale-tan Uncommon eyes: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=83&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=158&auth=781ba6dcff14c6220df6477e5299a0402ca430ce&dummyext=prev.png[/img] grey-brown Unusual ones: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=83&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=158&auth=a9033c74223a2d4e7bccaf0c39d090ffa7688117&dummyext=prev.png[/img] or super-dark Rare ones: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=83&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=158&auth=4c72074b840850e6fd2cdcec89bccc023d3f2cdb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] All fine on different dragons, but not on her. But if I finally manage to breed her, there's just about a 50% chance she'll be born with Common, and no possibility of fixing the problem if she isn't. And even if the difference doesn't look severe to you...I've been working hard to get this dragon. It wouldn't be taking me nearly so long if I was willing to have her colors be [b]almost[/b] perfect. I don't want to spoil everything else by accepting 'close enough' for her eyes.
Why should Common - which should be just that - be the only eye type it can be impossible to get?

It's not even just about the risk of getting primal/etc eyes on our breeding projects; from what I can tell, that's about equivalent to the risk of breeding Crystal to Ripple and getting a Crystal hatchling. Won't happen often enough that I'd worry about it.

But in many cases, Uncommon would be just as dragon-breaking. Look at this lady I'm trying to breed for:

dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=83&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=158&auth=dc9c0aa546c819499ff8932be982853f11b9d95d&dummyext=prev.png

Note the lovely auburn Earth Common eyes that match so perfectly with her Glimmer. But picture her with...

pale-tan Uncommon eyes: dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=83&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=158&auth=781ba6dcff14c6220df6477e5299a0402ca430ce&dummyext=prev.png

grey-brown Unusual ones: dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=83&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=158&auth=a9033c74223a2d4e7bccaf0c39d090ffa7688117&dummyext=prev.png

or super-dark Rare ones: dragon?age=1&body=40&bodygene=13&breed=12&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=83&tertgene=10&winggene=13&wings=158&auth=4c72074b840850e6fd2cdcec89bccc023d3f2cdb&dummyext=prev.png

All fine on different dragons, but not on her. But if I finally manage to breed her, there's just about a 50% chance she'll be born with Common, and no possibility of fixing the problem if she isn't.

And even if the difference doesn't look severe to you...I've been working hard to get this dragon. It wouldn't be taking me nearly so long if I was willing to have her colors be almost perfect. I don't want to spoil everything else by accepting 'close enough' for her eyes.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Support, I kinda need this as I rather have common lightning eyes on my dragon than unusual lightning eyes :>
Support, I kinda need this as I rather have common lightning eyes on my dragon than unusual lightning eyes :>
Support! Faceted and Multi-Gaze creep me out, so having an item to remove those on any dragons I want to keep would be fantastic.
Support! Faceted and Multi-Gaze creep me out, so having an item to remove those on any dragons I want to keep would be fantastic.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
I definitely support this. I'd like to be able to get the normal eyes I want for my breeding projects, not have a dragon ruined by specialty eyes I don't want for it.
I definitely support this. I'd like to be able to get the normal eyes I want for my breeding projects, not have a dragon ruined by specialty eyes I don't want for it.
tumblr_ozv0t5BgDr1skn50no1_500.png
Dear Baldwin,

We know you are an amazing alchemist. Would you be able to work on a little project for us? We need to be able to produce a special sort of eye drops that would give a dragon Common eyes. All we would need is a very tiny bottle with just a few drops in it - just enough for one dragon.

Once you create this, then please share the recipe with us. We can then set our own Weyr Alchemists to the task.

Thank you for listening, Baldwin.

Sincerely,
Emberglo with weyr alchemist Shadymum
Dear Baldwin,

We know you are an amazing alchemist. Would you be able to work on a little project for us? We need to be able to produce a special sort of eye drops that would give a dragon Common eyes. All we would need is a very tiny bottle with just a few drops in it - just enough for one dragon.

Once you create this, then please share the recipe with us. We can then set our own Weyr Alchemists to the task.

Thank you for listening, Baldwin.

Sincerely,
Emberglo with weyr alchemist Shadymum
mM2VM9X.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13