Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Element and Dragon species?
1 2
[quote]Even still, I don't think that a lot of players would want to swarm a new flight since they've been so used to the original 11. [/quote] Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it? You want to know what kind of people have gems to spare and would join a small flight just because it's small? Dom enthusiasts. You get a bunch of people who know how to use the size differential to their advantage. And we're probably talking about the wealthiest x% of Dom enthusiasts here, so the usual things that hinder small flights in Dom (lack of money to run raffles and public buys, lack of lair space, fewer artists) don't apply in this situation. It's true that as new players joined the game and started joining the flight for non-Dom related reasons, things would eventually even out. But in the meantime, we're talking potentially 6 months where one flight tops the board every week. (I want to reiterate that in ordinary circumstances, the size difference does not give an unfair advantage to smaller flights. A small group with the same philosophy and goals is way different than a small group of random joes.)
Quote:
Even still, I don't think that a lot of players would want to swarm a new flight since they've been so used to the original 11.

Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it? You want to know what kind of people have gems to spare and would join a small flight just because it's small? Dom enthusiasts. You get a bunch of people who know how to use the size differential to their advantage. And we're probably talking about the wealthiest x% of Dom enthusiasts here, so the usual things that hinder small flights in Dom (lack of money to run raffles and public buys, lack of lair space, fewer artists) don't apply in this situation. It's true that as new players joined the game and started joining the flight for non-Dom related reasons, things would eventually even out. But in the meantime, we're talking potentially 6 months where one flight tops the board every week.

(I want to reiterate that in ordinary circumstances, the size difference does not give an unfair advantage to smaller flights. A small group with the same philosophy and goals is way different than a small group of random joes.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2018-05-08 11:57:20" ] [quote]Even still, I don't think that a lot of players would want to swarm a new flight since they've been so used to the original 11. [/quote] Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it? You want to know what kind of people have gems to spare and would join a small flight just because it's small? Dom enthusiasts. You get a bunch of people who know how to use the size differential to their advantage. And we're probably talking about the wealthiest x% of Dom enthusiasts here, so the usual things that hinder small flights in Dom (lack of money to run raffles and public buys, lack of lair space, fewer artists) don't apply in this situation. It's true that as new players joined the game and started joining the flight for non-Dom related reasons, things would eventually even out. But in the meantime, we're talking potentially 6 months where one flight tops the board every week. (I want to reiterate that in ordinary circumstances, the size difference does not give an unfair advantage to smaller flights. A small group with the same philosophy and goals is way different than a small group of random joes.) [/quote] One other thing is that, depending on the eye color, I have the feeling people WOULD swarm the new flight. There are many people who want new eye colors, and there are others still that would simply go because it is a new flight and they could 'mold' it to what they want (the community at least). Others would go because of the potential profit in selling dragons with that eye color would bring for the first few months etc..
Ridara wrote on 2018-05-08 11:57:20:
Quote:
Even still, I don't think that a lot of players would want to swarm a new flight since they've been so used to the original 11.

Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it? You want to know what kind of people have gems to spare and would join a small flight just because it's small? Dom enthusiasts. You get a bunch of people who know how to use the size differential to their advantage. And we're probably talking about the wealthiest x% of Dom enthusiasts here, so the usual things that hinder small flights in Dom (lack of money to run raffles and public buys, lack of lair space, fewer artists) don't apply in this situation. It's true that as new players joined the game and started joining the flight for non-Dom related reasons, things would eventually even out. But in the meantime, we're talking potentially 6 months where one flight tops the board every week.

(I want to reiterate that in ordinary circumstances, the size difference does not give an unfair advantage to smaller flights. A small group with the same philosophy and goals is way different than a small group of random joes.)
One other thing is that, depending on the eye color, I have the feeling people WOULD swarm the new flight. There are many people who want new eye colors, and there are others still that would simply go because it is a new flight and they could 'mold' it to what they want (the community at least). Others would go because of the potential profit in selling dragons with that eye color would bring for the first few months etc..

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2