Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Specialty Item(s) Side-by-side
1 2
So I just purchased a specialty item (Remove: Tertiary Gene) and while deciding which dragon to use it on, I just thought it would be extremely more convenient if you are given a side by side of two pictures when doing this. One picture will be of your dragon before you apply the specialty item, an the other has the dragon with the specialty item. It's a simple change, but I just feel it's a lot more convenient...so yeah.
So I just purchased a specialty item (Remove: Tertiary Gene) and while deciding which dragon to use it on, I just thought it would be extremely more convenient if you are given a side by side of two pictures when doing this. One picture will be of your dragon before you apply the specialty item, an the other has the dragon with the specialty item. It's a simple change, but I just feel it's a lot more convenient...so yeah.
I feel like that's what the Scrying Workshop is for. You can Predict Morphology and just check what it looks like without the gene there before you decide on anything.
Yes it'd be convenient but is it really necessary?
I'm not for or against this, just pointing that out c:
I feel like that's what the Scrying Workshop is for. You can Predict Morphology and just check what it looks like without the gene there before you decide on anything.
Yes it'd be convenient but is it really necessary?
I'm not for or against this, just pointing that out c:
I love constructive criticism! Don't feel bad if you don't agree with me

Feel free to ask me about anything! I love getting messages, and I don't bite!
Support! This would be extremely useful.
Support! This would be extremely useful.
windh4.png
Unless you don't want a dragon to have a tert at all, buying the 'remove' genes are entirely a waste of funds as old genes will be overwritten by new ones.

Anyway, I think this would be better suited to just looking at the Scrying Workshop for.
Unless you don't want a dragon to have a tert at all, buying the 'remove' genes are entirely a waste of funds as old genes will be overwritten by new ones.

Anyway, I think this would be better suited to just looking at the Scrying Workshop for.

[quote name="Rubax" date=2017-12-30 18:37:41] So I just purchased a specialty item (Remove: Tertiary Gene) and while deciding which dragon to use it on, I just thought it would be extremely more convenient if you are given a side by side of two pictures when doing this. One picture will be of your dragon before you apply the specialty item, an the other has the dragon with the specialty item. It's a simple change, but I just feel it's a lot more convenient...so yeah. [/quote] @Rubax The problem with "Remove: Tertiary Gene" is that it actually does not remove a gene. It actually applies the Basic non patterned gene to the dragon. If you want to put a new tertiary gene on a dragon all you need to do is apply it over the old one as it will override the old gene with the new gene. I have suggested before that they rename the "Remove: Tertiary Gene" with "Tertiary Gene: Basic" I have suggested they rename all of the "Remove Genes" to "Primary Gene: Basic" "Secondary Gene: Basic" "Tertiary Gene: Basic" Because you are applying the BASIC GENE which is a Non-patterned gene and overriding the patterned gene. You are actually not removing a gene at all.
Rubax wrote on 2017-12-30:

@Rubax

The problem with "Remove: Tertiary Gene" is that it actually does not remove a gene. It actually applies the Basic non patterned gene to the dragon. If you want to put a new tertiary gene on a dragon all you need to do is apply it over the old one as it will override the old gene with the new gene.

I have suggested before that they rename the "Remove: Tertiary Gene" with "Tertiary Gene: Basic"

I have suggested they rename all of the "Remove Genes" to

"Primary Gene: Basic"
"Secondary Gene: Basic"
"Tertiary Gene: Basic"

Because you are applying the BASIC GENE which is a Non-patterned gene and overriding the patterned gene. You are actually not removing a gene at all.
@Qnyxz
I understand that Remove: Tertiary Gene essentially resets a dragon's tertiary gene to basic, however that is not relevant to the suggestion I was making. What I was suggesting is when you are trying on the specialty item on several dragon's to see how it would look, I was saying that you should have two images side-by-side showing the before-and-after. Or, in other words, the left image is the dragon without Remove: Tertiary Gene, and the right is the dragon with Remove: Tertiary Gene.

:)
@Qnyxz
I understand that Remove: Tertiary Gene essentially resets a dragon's tertiary gene to basic, however that is not relevant to the suggestion I was making. What I was suggesting is when you are trying on the specialty item on several dragon's to see how it would look, I was saying that you should have two images side-by-side showing the before-and-after. Or, in other words, the left image is the dragon without Remove: Tertiary Gene, and the right is the dragon with Remove: Tertiary Gene.

:)
@Rubax

That can already be accomplished using the Scrying Workshop.

You can load your dragon in two separate web browsers and have them set side by side on your screen then just set the dragon to the other gene. No need to purchase anything, all can be done for no cost.

The advantage to using the Scrying Workshop is that you do not have to possess the scrolls to view what your dragon will look like.

The only disadvantage is that you cannot see what your dragon will look like if it has apparel on.
@Rubax

That can already be accomplished using the Scrying Workshop.

You can load your dragon in two separate web browsers and have them set side by side on your screen then just set the dragon to the other gene. No need to purchase anything, all can be done for no cost.

The advantage to using the Scrying Workshop is that you do not have to possess the scrolls to view what your dragon will look like.

The only disadvantage is that you cannot see what your dragon will look like if it has apparel on.
@Qnyxz
I know the purpose of the Scrying Workshop, but I was just making the point that having two side-by-side images is a simple modification and could be convenient.
@Qnyxz
I know the purpose of the Scrying Workshop, but I was just making the point that having two side-by-side images is a simple modification and could be convenient.
@Rubax

I think it is more convenient to use the Scrying Workshop prior to spending money so I can research my decisions about spending treasure before I do.

You suggestion though nice and convenient when you possess the scroll, is better served by the majority of the players to use the Scrying Workshop because that way they do not have to make the purchase prior to determining if they are actually going to use the scroll or not.

Not a bad idea, just not a necessary one since there already exists a way to accomplish what you are seeking through a simple and no cost avenue.
@Rubax

I think it is more convenient to use the Scrying Workshop prior to spending money so I can research my decisions about spending treasure before I do.

You suggestion though nice and convenient when you possess the scroll, is better served by the majority of the players to use the Scrying Workshop because that way they do not have to make the purchase prior to determining if they are actually going to use the scroll or not.

Not a bad idea, just not a necessary one since there already exists a way to accomplish what you are seeking through a simple and no cost avenue.
This would be useful for viewing dragons with their apparel, which the scrying workshop can't do. And doing manual apparel-ed previews isn't convenient or quick like an in-hoard preview system would be. However, the effect can be achieved by having a window open on the dragons page as-is before you apply so I don't consider it as having any kind of priority
This would be useful for viewing dragons with their apparel, which the scrying workshop can't do. And doing manual apparel-ed previews isn't convenient or quick like an in-hoard preview system would be. However, the effect can be achieved by having a window open on the dragons page as-is before you apply so I don't consider it as having any kind of priority
sBdLZtA.png
1 2