Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | (New breed!) Plague ( need name ideas)
1 2 3 4
No support. I think the rarity is a bit excessive, and I feel like they kind of act like mirrors a bit too much
No support. I think the rarity is a bit excessive, and I feel like they kind of act like mirrors a bit too much
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
No support - IMO they look too similar to Spirals, act too much like Mirrors, and Imperials are already very large - we don't need anything larger than that. The rarity is also a bit too excessive.
No support - IMO they look too similar to Spirals, act too much like Mirrors, and Imperials are already very large - we don't need anything larger than that. The rarity is also a bit too excessive.
Sorry, no support. As the overall design is now, it just looks like a Spiral without the ears and leg wings. The breeding cooldown is also pretty excessive, the 35 day cooldown for wildclaws/coatls is painful enough so I don't think we need anything longer than that.
Sorry, no support. As the overall design is now, it just looks like a Spiral without the ears and leg wings. The breeding cooldown is also pretty excessive, the 35 day cooldown for wildclaws/coatls is painful enough so I don't think we need anything longer than that.
forumsig_by_plantfeathers-datch91.png
Sorry, nice art, but no support as a new breed. The body shape (long body, horns, wings) are too similar to spirals, and “very rare” is not a rarity, and the breeding cooldown for your idea would be nearly two months, which in my opinion is absurd.
Sorry, nice art, but no support as a new breed. The body shape (long body, horns, wings) are too similar to spirals, and “very rare” is not a rarity, and the breeding cooldown for your idea would be nearly two months, which in my opinion is absurd.
new_and_improved_wofr_button_m9_by_epicdragon99-dacvtqc.png
I think these are a little...much. Bigger and more rare than imperials, more savage than mirrors, and look very much like spirals, but mean.

Also, the name is...very cuddly-sounding for dragons that are supposed to be as brutally savage as these.

Sorry. There are some elements I think are interesting, like the idea of introducing a new rarity (it would have to be a very dynamic dragon tho, imho) and the cannibalistic dragon, but overall, no support.
I think these are a little...much. Bigger and more rare than imperials, more savage than mirrors, and look very much like spirals, but mean.

Also, the name is...very cuddly-sounding for dragons that are supposed to be as brutally savage as these.

Sorry. There are some elements I think are interesting, like the idea of introducing a new rarity (it would have to be a very dynamic dragon tho, imho) and the cannibalistic dragon, but overall, no support.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I think of some aspects are dialed back a fair bit, like the size, and the design of the dragon is better defined, there's potential here. As it's presented, it just comes off as edgy because it has to be the BIGGEST and MEANEST and RAREST, but those kinds of things aren't what make dragon species interesting or desirable.

I like that you mentioned they have huge appetites, and I don't actually think they look anything like spirals (maybe closer to ridgebacks?) but I think all of it together is just too much "cool" for the sake of cool tacked on at once.
I think of some aspects are dialed back a fair bit, like the size, and the design of the dragon is better defined, there's potential here. As it's presented, it just comes off as edgy because it has to be the BIGGEST and MEANEST and RAREST, but those kinds of things aren't what make dragon species interesting or desirable.

I like that you mentioned they have huge appetites, and I don't actually think they look anything like spirals (maybe closer to ridgebacks?) but I think all of it together is just too much "cool" for the sake of cool tacked on at once.
ASOCY.gifnYGDr.gifXEKZu.gifRL008.gif
pls clicku my egg children, thank u
They do look too similar to Spirals ( the ear thing s and body) and that breeding cool down is a little too much. I mean 50 days is nearly 2 months. So no Support.
They do look too similar to Spirals ( the ear thing s and body) and that breeding cool down is a little too much. I mean 50 days is nearly 2 months. So no Support.
The only problem is that the breed has no distinctive features of behaviors to distinguish it from other already existing breeds. It’s physical appearance is basically a watered down Spiral, only missing ears and the “double wings”.

And I just don’t like the idea of a savage breed like that. I mean, this is supposed to be a world of somewhat civilized dragons. Canabalism isn’t “civil”. Maybe I’m not making sense but oh well.

No support. Nice art though.
The only problem is that the breed has no distinctive features of behaviors to distinguish it from other already existing breeds. It’s physical appearance is basically a watered down Spiral, only missing ears and the “double wings”.

And I just don’t like the idea of a savage breed like that. I mean, this is supposed to be a world of somewhat civilized dragons. Canabalism isn’t “civil”. Maybe I’m not making sense but oh well.

No support. Nice art though.
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
[quote name="turtlee" date=2017-12-26 07:20:30] And I just don’t like the idea of a savage breed like that. I mean, this is supposed to be a world of somewhat civilized dragons. Canabalism isn’t “civil”. Maybe I’m not making sense but oh well. [/quote] Careful with calling other cultures savage. Yes canibalism has its own set of problems that I won't go into here (PM me for detailed infos on cultural and medical history of this practice if interested). But allover caniblism was and in some parts of the world still is practiced. And these people are in no way uncivilized - to say so would indicate a rassistic worldview where anything not ones own culture is 'savage' and 'bad' and 'ungodly' (and the many other things people come up with when they degrade other humans to 2nd class beings and "animals"). So being canibalistic is not an indicator for being uncivilized. Neither is hunting or another set of specific culture. Civilisation is quite litterally only defined as having a culture - which can be anything from sozial practices to little quirks that only happen in that group/differ from other groups. Usually non of that is survival inducing but it can stem from a necessary that ensued the survival of the group at an earlier stage.
turtlee wrote on 2017-12-26:

Careful with calling other cultures savage. Yes canibalism has its own set of problems that I won't go into here (PM me for detailed infos on cultural and medical history of this practice if interested). But allover caniblism was and in some parts of the world still is practiced. And these people are in no way uncivilized - to say so would indicate a rassistic worldview where anything not ones own culture is 'savage' and 'bad' and 'ungodly' (and the many other things people come up with when they degrade other humans to 2nd class beings and "animals").

So being canibalistic is not an indicator for being uncivilized. Neither is hunting or another set of specific culture. Civilisation is quite litterally only defined as having a culture - which can be anything from sozial practices to little quirks that only happen in that group/differ from other groups. Usually non of that is survival inducing but it can stem from a necessary that ensued the survival of the group at an earlier stage.
[quote name="Serelinda" date=2017-12-25 12:51:37] No support, as I agree that it looks far too similar to a spiral. The body, horns, and wings all look far too similar. There are subtle differences, yes, but not enough to distinguish it as its own unique breed, in my opinion. [/quote] Basically this. Spiral knockoff or no, I don’t think this is quite enough to make it a new breed.
Serelinda wrote on 2017-12-25:
No support, as I agree that it looks far too similar to a spiral. The body, horns, and wings all look far too similar. There are subtle differences, yes, but not enough to distinguish it as its own unique breed, in my opinion.
Basically this. Spiral knockoff or no, I don’t think this is quite enough to make it a new breed.
Clan Lore
1 2 3 4