Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gender-change scroll
I think that one thing the FR team could do is create a gender-changing scroll. This way, people who have dragons that are dream dragons but have the wrong gender can switch the gender. You could only use it on dragons who have no children and aren't on a nest. What are your opinions?
I think that one thing the FR team could do is create a gender-changing scroll. This way, people who have dragons that are dream dragons but have the wrong gender can switch the gender. You could only use it on dragons who have no children and aren't on a nest. What are your opinions?
Sorry, but no support. At its core, FR is a breeding sim, and right now there are only two things on a dragon that are static once it is born: Sex and Eye color. If we get rid of all static traits, then FR basically becomes a 'Scroll your dream dragon' game.

I would support a pose change where nothing about the dragon changes except the image used for the dragon (ie a male dragon would still be a male dragon, and breed as a male dragon, but it would use the female dragon image). This way there wouldn't need to be restrictions about needing to be unbred, or potentially even on a nest, though that one would probably stay.

The only restriction I think would be necessary would be a No AH rule to prevent players from potentially buying the wrong sex dragon. (and exalting should probably change the dragon back to its original image)
Sorry, but no support. At its core, FR is a breeding sim, and right now there are only two things on a dragon that are static once it is born: Sex and Eye color. If we get rid of all static traits, then FR basically becomes a 'Scroll your dream dragon' game.

I would support a pose change where nothing about the dragon changes except the image used for the dragon (ie a male dragon would still be a male dragon, and breed as a male dragon, but it would use the female dragon image). This way there wouldn't need to be restrictions about needing to be unbred, or potentially even on a nest, though that one would probably stay.

The only restriction I think would be necessary would be a No AH rule to prevent players from potentially buying the wrong sex dragon. (and exalting should probably change the dragon back to its original image)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No thank you - along with what Jemadar said, it'd break lineages like crazy.

A quick forum search will show you lots of threads suggesting this and many dozen responses about why not.
No thank you - along with what Jemadar said, it'd break lineages like crazy.

A quick forum search will show you lots of threads suggesting this and many dozen responses about why not.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
No support. There are already multiple suggestions for pose-change scrolls, which I would support, but absolutely no support for a sex change scroll. Removing one of the only two things that are unchangeable and therefore a constant challenge would make the game much less challenging and fun.
No support. There are already multiple suggestions for pose-change scrolls, which I would support, but absolutely no support for a sex change scroll. Removing one of the only two things that are unchangeable and therefore a constant challenge would make the game much less challenging and fun.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
No support. There are many, many versions of this (It gets suggested repeatedly) and as such many Suggestions veterans have copy-pasted arguments against it: expect several lengthy no-support posts. (Don't let it get to you- just check the forums to see if something's been suggested and shot down before.)

My no support is mainly from a challenge perspective: you should not be able to dump money and get the perfect dragon. Sex is an element that is unchangeable, adding challenge to the game.

I do support a pose-change scroll.
No support. There are many, many versions of this (It gets suggested repeatedly) and as such many Suggestions veterans have copy-pasted arguments against it: expect several lengthy no-support posts. (Don't let it get to you- just check the forums to see if something's been suggested and shot down before.)

My no support is mainly from a challenge perspective: you should not be able to dump money and get the perfect dragon. Sex is an element that is unchangeable, adding challenge to the game.

I do support a pose-change scroll.
windh4.png
I do not support this if only because it can cause the dynamics for breeding and lineages to be rather wonky. It also can tamper with the fact that dragon breeding and egg hatches are meant to run on probability, which can in turn affect the market when dragons are sold.

I can't find the link right now but you may want to look into the work being done in support of a pose change scroll. For me that resolves a lot of the reasons why some people want sex change scrolls, because dragon appearance is a large factor.
I do not support this if only because it can cause the dynamics for breeding and lineages to be rather wonky. It also can tamper with the fact that dragon breeding and egg hatches are meant to run on probability, which can in turn affect the market when dragons are sold.

I can't find the link right now but you may want to look into the work being done in support of a pose change scroll. For me that resolves a lot of the reasons why some people want sex change scrolls, because dragon appearance is a large factor.
YAzXKmc.gif
[quote name="@CoyoteWest" date=2017-12-16 08:39:21] I do not support this if only because it can cause the dynamics for breeding and lineages to be rather wonky. It also can tamper with the fact that dragon breeding and egg hatches are meant to run on probability, which can in turn affect the market when dragons are sold. I can't find the link right now but you may want to look into the work being done in support of a pose change scroll. For me that resolves a lot of the reasons why some people want sex change scrolls, because dragon appearance is a large factor. [/quote] @Serkaralka *pokes siggy* It is the first link in the listing.
@CoyoteWest wrote on 2017-12-16:

@Serkaralka

*pokes siggy* It is the first link in the listing.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The way I see it, the challenge of the game is ALREADY just to save up enough money to make the dragon you want. Scatter scrolls, genes, breed change scrolls. What would a gender change scroll take away? Nothing. I can't see how it would have any effect on lineages either if it can only be given to unbred dragons. I support the gender change scroll.
The way I see it, the challenge of the game is ALREADY just to save up enough money to make the dragon you want. Scatter scrolls, genes, breed change scrolls. What would a gender change scroll take away? Nothing. I can't see how it would have any effect on lineages either if it can only be given to unbred dragons. I support the gender change scroll.
Sig_dreg.png