Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Kickstarter Recolors
1 2 3 4
I'm totally for recolours.

It's not like they'd be the same items.
I'm totally for recolours.

It's not like they'd be the same items.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Gonna ask a stupid question...

What's a mimic?
Because I apparently don't know what that is.
Gonna ask a stupid question...

What's a mimic?
Because I apparently don't know what that is.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
If they will do it for things like Sprites, I don't see why they wouldn't for the Kickstarter and Beta Tester Familiars. While I didn't really support the whole recolor thing in the first place, now that they did it, I don't see why these should be exceptions either. If a recolored Sprite is ok, a recolored Bone Fiend should be as well. It still doesn't fill in the original Bestiary slots.
If they will do it for things like Sprites, I don't see why they wouldn't for the Kickstarter and Beta Tester Familiars. While I didn't really support the whole recolor thing in the first place, now that they did it, I don't see why these should be exceptions either. If a recolored Sprite is ok, a recolored Bone Fiend should be as well. It still doesn't fill in the original Bestiary slots.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
support recolors if they're released under special circumstances. maybe for an anniversary?

i'd be fine with mimics, too, though, if people would get upsetti about the lineart being reused. i personally don't care, i'm just always down for more familiars.
support recolors if they're released under special circumstances. maybe for an anniversary?

i'd be fine with mimics, too, though, if people would get upsetti about the lineart being reused. i personally don't care, i'm just always down for more familiars.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
I'd be happy with mimics, not so sure about recolors. I'd rather see new ideas and new creatures. @Almedha Traditionally, in D&D, mimics mimic treasure chests, like the actual mimic familiars we have. So a mimic in this case would be similar-but-not-quite. Not a recolor, but similar. This is a boolean mimic: [item=boolean][item=sparkling stinger] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/591.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/13424.png[/img] Though there's still room for a closer boolean mimic, if they made a flying techno insect. And not everyone might consider that a mimic, but I do. The nymphs might also be considered mimics, since they have lineart changes, unlike the bears, though they do reuse some of the lineart/the pose.
I'd be happy with mimics, not so sure about recolors. I'd rather see new ideas and new creatures.

@Almedha

Traditionally, in D&D, mimics mimic treasure chests, like the actual mimic familiars we have. So a mimic in this case would be similar-but-not-quite. Not a recolor, but similar.

This is a boolean mimic:

Boolean Sparkling Stinger

591.png13424.png

Though there's still room for a closer boolean mimic, if they made a flying techno insect. And not everyone might consider that a mimic, but I do.

The nymphs might also be considered mimics, since they have lineart changes, unlike the bears, though they do reuse some of the lineart/the pose.
I am completely against this. People put down cash money for those familiars. They helped found this whole site up from nothing. It would be a slap in their faces to rerelease those, even recolours.
I am completely against this. People put down cash money for those familiars. They helped found this whole site up from nothing. It would be a slap in their faces to rerelease those, even recolours.
MuwAAse.png
I'd be in support of "mimics" but not flat out recolors. "Mimic" like the Sparkling Stinger vs the Boolean. You can obviously tell it's meant as well, "the poor dragon's boolean" but it is not marketed as the replacement or recolor of the original, which people either paid for through Kickstarter, or participated in Beta testing. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/591.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/13424.png[/img]
I'd be in support of "mimics" but not flat out recolors.

"Mimic" like the Sparkling Stinger vs the Boolean. You can obviously tell it's meant as well, "the poor dragon's boolean" but it is not marketed as the replacement or recolor of the original, which people either paid for through Kickstarter, or participated in Beta testing.
591.png13424.png
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
More mimics like the Sparkling Stinger would be good but no recolors period and no imp egg situation. Everything they make like those items needs to very clearly not be those items.
More mimics like the Sparkling Stinger would be good but no recolors period and no imp egg situation. Everything they make like those items needs to very clearly not be those items.
What happened in the Imp egg situation?

I'd personally love to see flipped recolours that make them specifically different from the originals.

You could even have fun with it - a reverse recolour of the Golden Idol could be made out of cheap plastic or something.
What happened in the Imp egg situation?

I'd personally love to see flipped recolours that make them specifically different from the originals.

You could even have fun with it - a reverse recolour of the Golden Idol could be made out of cheap plastic or something.
d2RaM8m.gifIZQxqWG.gif
Alright, thanks everyone for answering. I knew the origin of the "Mimic" as monster chests, it's just that sometimes around here I hear the term used to describe the bears. So that's where my confusion comes from.

I don't think I'm ever against recolors? I can't think of a good reason to be against them. I like variety in the items we already have, and I think more recolors of stuff they already have lines for might be less work and maybe even fun in some ways. Kind of like going back in something you made before and suiting it to your current tastes.

So yes to everything!
Mimics and recolors!
Alright, thanks everyone for answering. I knew the origin of the "Mimic" as monster chests, it's just that sometimes around here I hear the term used to describe the bears. So that's where my confusion comes from.

I don't think I'm ever against recolors? I can't think of a good reason to be against them. I like variety in the items we already have, and I think more recolors of stuff they already have lines for might be less work and maybe even fun in some ways. Kind of like going back in something you made before and suiting it to your current tastes.

So yes to everything!
Mimics and recolors!
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4