Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dual-Type Food Items
1 2
Exactly what it says in on the tin, items that have their food points split between two food types. For example, the infamous Meat Pineapple, half Meat and half Plant points. Of course, this could only apply to foods with an even-numbered point value, to avoid rounding up or down, and perhaps this would be best utilized as new Baldwin brews.

There might be something like the "Fiji mermaid" (aka half monkey half fish)for a Meat/Seafood item, or a "Tartary Vegetable Lamb" as a Meat/Plant item. Maybe tiny mouse/bug 'griffons' for Meat/Insect, or literal stick-insects as Plant/Insect. If my math is correct there are 6 possible combos of the 4 food types as pairs, with no repeats, so that isn't impossible. We already have one set of Baldwin-foods, why not another wish a sense of humor? To balance their versatility, maybe they're only worth 6 base food points, and brewed in stacks of 5 like the others?
Exactly what it says in on the tin, items that have their food points split between two food types. For example, the infamous Meat Pineapple, half Meat and half Plant points. Of course, this could only apply to foods with an even-numbered point value, to avoid rounding up or down, and perhaps this would be best utilized as new Baldwin brews.

There might be something like the "Fiji mermaid" (aka half monkey half fish)for a Meat/Seafood item, or a "Tartary Vegetable Lamb" as a Meat/Plant item. Maybe tiny mouse/bug 'griffons' for Meat/Insect, or literal stick-insects as Plant/Insect. If my math is correct there are 6 possible combos of the 4 food types as pairs, with no repeats, so that isn't impossible. We already have one set of Baldwin-foods, why not another wish a sense of humor? To balance their versatility, maybe they're only worth 6 base food points, and brewed in stacks of 5 like the others?
tumblr_inline_nl86qpmGJL1r9ywrd.png
No support. It's not hard to get food, and dual-type items would likely require new coding that I'd much rather go towards new features, fixing bugs, and overhauling old features like achievements. Sure, it'd be nice, but I see no real convincing reason for it.
No support. It's not hard to get food, and dual-type items would likely require new coding that I'd much rather go towards new features, fixing bugs, and overhauling old features like achievements. Sure, it'd be nice, but I see no real convincing reason for it.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
[quote name="SeaCrest" date=2017-12-08 17:49:02] No support. It's not hard to get food, and dual-type items would likely require new coding that I'd much rather go towards new features, fixing bugs, and overhauling old features like achievements. Sure, it'd be nice, but I see no real convincing reason for it. [/quote] It wouldn't actually require that much new coding. Like, it's something that would literally demand 5 minutes to code, especially if such items are the exception, not the norm. Skinks give 8 amount of meat points, 0 seafood points, 0 plant points and 0 insect points when converted. So, it would just be a matter that, when adding a combo insect/meat item, the item gives 5 meat points, 5 insect points, 0 seafood point and 0 plant point when converted, and show up in both categories in the auction house. That doesn't sound that tricky. We're nowhere near "fix the achievement system" level of complexity. It's just a funny little thing that could be possible without overhauling the entire system. So, why not.
SeaCrest wrote on 2017-12-08:

It wouldn't actually require that much new coding.

Like, it's something that would literally demand 5 minutes to code, especially if such items are the exception, not the norm.

Skinks give 8 amount of meat points, 0 seafood points, 0 plant points and 0 insect points when converted.

So, it would just be a matter that, when adding a combo insect/meat item, the item gives 5 meat points, 5 insect points, 0 seafood point and 0 plant point when converted, and show up in both categories in the auction house.

That doesn't sound that tricky. We're nowhere near "fix the achievement system" level of complexity. It's just a funny little thing that could be possible without overhauling the entire system.

So, why not.
Actually, I would LOVE to have this type of item tied to a new lair area for cooking, where dragons can combine various items (both food and materials) and not only improve the food point value of certain foods but cook dual point foods.

A Cooking area could give a new 'leveling' system for dragons: Designate one of your dragons as cook and as they cook and prepare foods they earn experience and level up. As they level up they gain the ability to not only cook more complex recipes but also the lower level recipes they already know will either be improved or they fail less often.

It would also give a bit more lore to the site as well as something else to do.
Actually, I would LOVE to have this type of item tied to a new lair area for cooking, where dragons can combine various items (both food and materials) and not only improve the food point value of certain foods but cook dual point foods.

A Cooking area could give a new 'leveling' system for dragons: Designate one of your dragons as cook and as they cook and prepare foods they earn experience and level up. As they level up they gain the ability to not only cook more complex recipes but also the lower level recipes they already know will either be improved or they fail less often.

It would also give a bit more lore to the site as well as something else to do.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
That...

is a great idea.
That's be really cool to see.
That...

is a great idea.
That's be really cool to see.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
This would be amazing for especially rare food items like boss drops! Would also add some variety to things we gather, and maybe some overlap in our daily gathering if some foods had maybe 1 or 2 points in other things?
This would be amazing for especially rare food items like boss drops! Would also add some variety to things we gather, and maybe some overlap in our daily gathering if some foods had maybe 1 or 2 points in other things?
ASOCY.gifnYGDr.gifXEKZu.gifRL008.gif
pls clicku my egg children, thank u
i think this is a really neat idea! i could imagine you wouldnt get them from gathering, but coli drops and maybe making baldwin abominations lol
i think this is a really neat idea! i could imagine you wouldnt get them from gathering, but coli drops and maybe making baldwin abominations lol
8VvjJ9p.png
i think it sounds fun :O

just becauses its not needed doesnt mean it wouldnt be cool
there are hundreds of food items while realisitcally we only need 4 different ones

mixing it up is fun :D
i think it sounds fun :O

just becauses its not needed doesnt mean it wouldnt be cool
there are hundreds of food items while realisitcally we only need 4 different ones

mixing it up is fun :D
I like this idea. I don't see there being a downside? So long as it wasn't available in Gathering, it'd be fine?

Baldwin or the Coliseum are both okay for it.
I like this idea. I don't see there being a downside? So long as it wasn't available in Gathering, it'd be fine?

Baldwin or the Coliseum are both okay for it.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
I don't see why not, there's a huge opportunity for more creative food items. I'm honestly in love with Jemadar's cooking idea too. Now that would make it very useful I believe.
I don't see why not, there's a huge opportunity for more creative food items. I'm honestly in love with Jemadar's cooking idea too. Now that would make it very useful I believe.
q4vz4Sb.png nature_0.png BfHRLoP.png
1 2