Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Forum Feature - Reply Button
I think it would be nice to have a button below that would allow you to click on it to reply to the author of a post.

When you use it the reply box would appear with the "@(username)" in the box. This would be quite helpful with all the interesting spellings of names on the site that can be easily typed wrong.

Many players spell my name Qnyzx or Qnxyz which means I do not get some of the replies.

Just a thought.
I think it would be nice to have a button below that would allow you to click on it to reply to the author of a post.

When you use it the reply box would appear with the "@(username)" in the box. This would be quite helpful with all the interesting spellings of names on the site that can be easily typed wrong.

Many players spell my name Qnyzx or Qnxyz which means I do not get some of the replies.

Just a thought.
[quote name="@Qnyxz" date=2017-12-03 12:07:52] I think it would be nice to have a button below that would allow you to click on it to reply to the author of a post. When you use it the reply box would appear with the "@(username)" in the box. This would be quite helpful with all the interesting spellings of names on the site that can be easily typed wrong. Many players spell my name Qnyzx or Qnxyz which means I do not get some of the replies. Just a thought. [/quote] It's called "Quotes".
@Qnyxz wrote on 2017-12-03:

Just a thought.

It's called "Quotes".
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifnature_0.pngnature_1.png9p.png
@FelisAries
As far as I'm aware, quoting someone does not ping them - which is what the OP is after.
@FelisAries
As far as I'm aware, quoting someone does not ping them - which is what the OP is after.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="@Vendrus" date=2017-12-03 12:23:23] @/FelisAries As far as I'm aware, quoting someone does not ping them - which is what the OP is after. [/quote] In between quote name and the date the quoted comment was posted, there's a username. You can put @ there.
@Vendrus wrote on 2017-12-03:
@/FelisAries

In between quote name and the date the quoted comment was posted, there's a username. You can put @ there.
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifnature_0.pngnature_1.png9p.png
@FelisAries

Again it is just a thought, but if you look at my stats on the left under my name you will see I have posted almost 15,000 posts in the forums. I am well aware of the mechanics of the forums.

A reply is a bit different from a quote because you are not repeating the original words of the poster you are just replying to them.

Why should someone need to quote the entire message just to make a reply?
@FelisAries

Again it is just a thought, but if you look at my stats on the left under my name you will see I have posted almost 15,000 posts in the forums. I am well aware of the mechanics of the forums.

A reply is a bit different from a quote because you are not repeating the original words of the poster you are just replying to them.

Why should someone need to quote the entire message just to make a reply?
Also, if someone makes a massive post...no one wants that quoted. It would be a nightmare.
Also, if someone makes a massive post...no one wants that quoted. It would be a nightmare.
Sure, this sounds handy, would be a small but not insignificant QOL change imo.
Sure, this sounds handy, would be a small but not insignificant QOL change imo.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I'd like this a lot actually! People try to ping me as "Fyre" all the time, and I've certainly misspelled countless names too.
I'd like this a lot actually! People try to ping me as "Fyre" all the time, and I've certainly misspelled countless names too.
BhWDcLm.png
The struggle not to misspell is real. I'm in favor of this.
The struggle not to misspell is real. I'm in favor of this.
tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png9pnPn6w.png