Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Specific Gene Scatterscrolls??
So, I had this idea, I'm not sure if it's been done before, but here it is;
Scatterscrolls for each gene, like, one for tert, secondary, and primary.
So, I had this idea, I'm not sure if it's been done before, but here it is;
Scatterscrolls for each gene, like, one for tert, secondary, and primary.
+0 fr time
an art - a wound - a sentient canvas
Sorry, while this is an interesting idea, I don't think it would work out in practical use.

Right now we have several tiers of gene rarity and several ways to obtain them:

We have treasure MP - these would need their own scatterscroll

We have gem MP - these would need their own scatter scroll

We have Baldwins - these wouldn't need a separate scatter scroll as there are only two sets right now, so it would be a basic flip. However these shouldn't be included in any other scatter scroll

We will have Coliseum genes - again, these shouldn't be in any other scatter scroll as it would ruin them being obtained uniquely, but since there will only be one set for probably the foreseeable future.

This would mean two separate gene scrolls (well, six if you include the primary, tertiary and secondary) that would need to be somewhat expensive to offset the cost of players potentially getting the highest priced genes their first roll (negating the treasure sink/site income aspect of genes) and probably have a higher chance of getting the cheaper scrolls.

This would be better suited to having an overhaul of the scrying workshop to include the ability to lock certain features of a dragon and randomize others.
Sorry, while this is an interesting idea, I don't think it would work out in practical use.

Right now we have several tiers of gene rarity and several ways to obtain them:

We have treasure MP - these would need their own scatterscroll

We have gem MP - these would need their own scatter scroll

We have Baldwins - these wouldn't need a separate scatter scroll as there are only two sets right now, so it would be a basic flip. However these shouldn't be included in any other scatter scroll

We will have Coliseum genes - again, these shouldn't be in any other scatter scroll as it would ruin them being obtained uniquely, but since there will only be one set for probably the foreseeable future.

This would mean two separate gene scrolls (well, six if you include the primary, tertiary and secondary) that would need to be somewhat expensive to offset the cost of players potentially getting the highest priced genes their first roll (negating the treasure sink/site income aspect of genes) and probably have a higher chance of getting the cheaper scrolls.

This would be better suited to having an overhaul of the scrying workshop to include the ability to lock certain features of a dragon and randomize others.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote]This would mean two separate gene scrolls (well, six if you include the primary, tertiary and secondary) that would need to be somewhat expensive to offset the cost of players potentially getting the highest priced genes their first roll (negating the treasure sink/site income aspect of genes) and probably have a higher chance of getting the cheaper scrolls.[/quote] I don't know. I think it could be fine (and even fun) to have six such scrolls. I don't know if it would have to be super expensive. I mean, taking a chance counts for something, right? I doubt that the selection process for the random gene scroll would be so clumsy as to make that happen more often than not. Maybe not for gem genes at all though? Just because I think that there aren't enough of them at this point, though. Maybe in the future, though. It could be fun, I think. At least, I can't think of a good reason to not have it as a feature as I believe it would be used. Sometimes you just don't know what you want on this old dragon with tired genes (or no genes at all).
Quote:
I don't know. I think it could be fine (and even fun) to have six such scrolls. I don't know if it would have to be super expensive. I mean, taking a chance counts for something, right? I doubt that the selection process for the random gene scroll would be so clumsy as to make that happen more often than not.

Maybe not for gem genes at all though? Just because I think that there aren't enough of them at this point, though. Maybe in the future, though.

It could be fun, I think. At least, I can't think of a good reason to not have it as a feature as I believe it would be used. Sometimes you just don't know what you want on this old dragon with tired genes (or no genes at all).
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date=2017-11-30 19:23:50] [quote]This would mean two separate gene scrolls (well, six if you include the primary, tertiary and secondary) that would need to be somewhat expensive to offset the cost of players potentially getting the highest priced genes their first roll (negating the treasure sink/site income aspect of genes) and probably have a higher chance of getting the cheaper scrolls.[/quote] I don't know. I think it could be fine (and even fun) to have six such scrolls. I don't know if it would have to be super expensive. I mean, taking a chance counts for something, right? I doubt that the selection process for the random gene scroll would be so clumsy as to make that happen more often than not. Maybe not for gem genes at all though? Just because I think that there aren't enough of them at this point, though. Maybe in the future, though. It could be fun, I think. At least, I can't think of a good reason to not have it as a feature as I believe it would be used. Sometimes you just don't know what you want on this old dragon with tired genes (or no genes at all). [/quote] That is why I suggested that this would be better suited for an update to the scrying workshop than a scatter scroll type. That way there would be NO exceptions, all genes could be rolled, you aren't out any money, no need to reroll if you dislike the gene you ended up with (there are some genes I would hate to end up with) or buy a gene scroll. Plus, then you could also randomize the breed so you could see if this dragon would look good as another breed. (I currently have a dragon I would sort of like to use this on, I can't decide what breed I want him), and the colors as well (though a scatter scroll wouldn't give you that specific roll, this might help create future breeding projects based off of your dragon(s) instead of a completely random dragon that you may or may not have suitable project starters for.
Almedha wrote on 2017-11-30:
Quote:
I don't know. I think it could be fine (and even fun) to have six such scrolls. I don't know if it would have to be super expensive. I mean, taking a chance counts for something, right? I doubt that the selection process for the random gene scroll would be so clumsy as to make that happen more often than not.

Maybe not for gem genes at all though? Just because I think that there aren't enough of them at this point, though. Maybe in the future, though.

It could be fun, I think. At least, I can't think of a good reason to not have it as a feature as I believe it would be used. Sometimes you just don't know what you want on this old dragon with tired genes (or no genes at all).

That is why I suggested that this would be better suited for an update to the scrying workshop than a scatter scroll type. That way there would be NO exceptions, all genes could be rolled, you aren't out any money, no need to reroll if you dislike the gene you ended up with (there are some genes I would hate to end up with) or buy a gene scroll.

Plus, then you could also randomize the breed so you could see if this dragon would look good as another breed. (I currently have a dragon I would sort of like to use this on, I can't decide what breed I want him), and the colors as well (though a scatter scroll wouldn't give you that specific roll, this might help create future breeding projects based off of your dragon(s) instead of a completely random dragon that you may or may not have suitable project starters for.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote]That is why I suggested that this would be better suited for an update to the scrying workshop than a scatter scroll type. That way there would be NO exceptions, all genes could be rolled, you aren't out any money, no need to reroll if you dislike the gene you ended up with (there are some genes I would hate to end up with) or buy a gene scroll.[/quote] But that doesn't have the same sort of "take a chance" feel. If you really don't know what breed to change that dragon to and you want to go with the "just randomize the scrying workshop," then why not go to the scrying workshop and hit refresh. You get a random dragon breed. Put your dragon in and change them to that breed. Or, since there aren't too many dragon breeds, just go through all the breeds. That's just using the scrying workshop. It's not a game like buying a "random gene" scroll would be.
Quote:
That is why I suggested that this would be better suited for an update to the scrying workshop than a scatter scroll type. That way there would be NO exceptions, all genes could be rolled, you aren't out any money, no need to reroll if you dislike the gene you ended up with (there are some genes I would hate to end up with) or buy a gene scroll.
But that doesn't have the same sort of "take a chance" feel. If you really don't know what breed to change that dragon to and you want to go with the "just randomize the scrying workshop," then why not go to the scrying workshop and hit refresh. You get a random dragon breed. Put your dragon in and change them to that breed. Or, since there aren't too many dragon breeds, just go through all the breeds. That's just using the scrying workshop. It's not a game like buying a "random gene" scroll would be.
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date=2017-11-30 19:35:21] [quote]That is why I suggested that this would be better suited for an update to the scrying workshop than a scatter scroll type. That way there would be NO exceptions, all genes could be rolled, you aren't out any money, no need to reroll if you dislike the gene you ended up with (there are some genes I would hate to end up with) or buy a gene scroll.[/quote] But that doesn't have the same sort of "take a chance" feel. If you really don't know what breed to change that dragon to and you want to go with the "just randomize the scrying workshop," then why not go to the scrying workshop and hit refresh. You get a random dragon breed. Put your dragon in and change them to that breed. Or, since there aren't too many dragon breeds, just go through all the breeds. That's just using the scrying workshop. It's not a game like buying a "random gene" scroll would be. [/quote] Except that means I have to put in the dragon's colors and potential genes each and every time, and while we don't have that many breeds NOW, in the future we, hopefully, will (and yes, I have already scryed the dragon in question in every breed I would be willing to change him to, I just can't make up my mind, I would get rid of him but I love his colors for some reason) There are times I want to lock certain aspects of a dragon, and not have to reinput them each and every time. To be honest I don't really consider buying a scatter scroll a game either. I just feel that having an overhaul to the scrying workshop would be a much more widely used feature than a potentially expensive scatter scroll when you can already reliably get the final combination by buying the 'winning' three genes (which is why I don't consider color scatter scrolls to be on the same level, there is no reliable way to get three specific colors on a specific dragon like there are for genes)
Almedha wrote on 2017-11-30:
Quote:
But that doesn't have the same sort of "take a chance" feel. If you really don't know what breed to change that dragon to and you want to go with the "just randomize the scrying workshop," then why not go to the scrying workshop and hit refresh. You get a random dragon breed. Put your dragon in and change them to that breed. Or, since there aren't too many dragon breeds, just go through all the breeds. That's just using the scrying workshop. It's not a game like buying a "random gene" scroll would be.

Except that means I have to put in the dragon's colors and potential genes each and every time, and while we don't have that many breeds NOW, in the future we, hopefully, will (and yes, I have already scryed the dragon in question in every breed I would be willing to change him to, I just can't make up my mind, I would get rid of him but I love his colors for some reason)

There are times I want to lock certain aspects of a dragon, and not have to reinput them each and every time.

To be honest I don't really consider buying a scatter scroll a game either.

I just feel that having an overhaul to the scrying workshop would be a much more widely used feature than a potentially expensive scatter scroll when you can already reliably get the final combination by buying the 'winning' three genes (which is why I don't consider color scatter scrolls to be on the same level, there is no reliable way to get three specific colors on a specific dragon like there are for genes)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote]To be honest I don't really consider buying a scatter scroll a game either.[/quote] Well, judging by the "scatter journeys" I see without any real goal in mind, it seems to be like a game for some. I can't imagine any other reason I'd use it. I don't think that the scrying workshop feature shouldn't happen. I just don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Because, for some people, rolling the dice like that is a game.
Quote:
To be honest I don't really consider buying a scatter scroll a game either.
Well, judging by the "scatter journeys" I see without any real goal in mind, it seems to be like a game for some. I can't imagine any other reason I'd use it.

I don't think that the scrying workshop feature shouldn't happen. I just don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Because, for some people, rolling the dice like that is a game.
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I like this idea!

Both with the type of genes (sort it by gem and treasure to be honest, that would be fine, or even in the rarity categories), and then also Primary colour change, Secondary colour change, and Tertiary colour change.
I like this idea!

Both with the type of genes (sort it by gem and treasure to be honest, that would be fine, or even in the rarity categories), and then also Primary colour change, Secondary colour change, and Tertiary colour change.
K6TNbNL.pngeIe2Cpu.png45AGycp.pngCHzbQF6.pngLrK9u2q.png