Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar bonding
I think we should have a "bond all" button on the dragon lair homepage next to the "feed" and "arrange" buttons. It would help those of us who don't have time to sit and bond all 100+ familiars every day.
I think we should have a "bond all" button on the dragon lair homepage next to the "feed" and "arrange" buttons. It would help those of us who don't have time to sit and bond all 100+ familiars every day.
AKXYxdj.gifGxTXuYu.pngNwgp8Od.gif6kY5vBB.gifZGlxXSa.gif80c6rTe.png
I could possibly see a bond all button if it only worked for already awakened familiars attaches to a dragon. For any of the unawakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the unawakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 unawakened familiars for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I wouldn't mind a way to bond your familiars from the lair page by clicking on the little familiar icon or through the beastiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon
I could possibly see a bond all button if it only worked for already awakened familiars attaches to a dragon. For any of the unawakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the unawakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 unawakened familiars for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I wouldn't mind a way to bond your familiars from the lair page by clicking on the little familiar icon or through the beastiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 550 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be close to 30,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is tedious and that I "don't have time to sit" here playing it every day. Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 550 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be close to 30,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is tedious and that I "don't have time to sit" here playing it every day. Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
This gets brought up quite frequently.

No support. If you don't have time to bond with your familiars, don't do it. I can bond with 70 familiars in about 5 - 10 minutes (maybe a bit longer due to loading times, but I usually go do something else while that is happening), and adding more dragons shouldn't add that much more time.

I don't support bonding with only awakened familiars as that is going to be pouring a lot of treasure into the economy for very little (practically no effort at all) daily due to the sheer numbers of familiars and the fact they are adding more familiars all the time.

I also don't support bonding thorugh the bestiary as I don't think users should be able to bond with familiars not attached to dragons (I always get the image of a person walking through a shelter with barred doors, running their hand along the cage doors, petting anything that sticks their nose out, and then expecting to be paid to do so).

I would support bonding through the lair page itself, saving a load of the dragon's page.

I feel that being able to get at the very least 3000 treasure daily (200 dragons max X 15 lowest bonding level) should take more effort than logging on and hitting a button. If/when we get more slots for more dragons, that minimum amount for maxed lairs will only go up. As you bond with the familiars the amount of treasure you get will go up, so that number will go up.

I also feel it doesn't really make sense lore wise (site lore) as a bond all button brings to mind an image of (if it s only attacked familiars) a roomful of dragons and someone at the front saying 'look at your familiar, pet your familiar, collect treasure from your familiar, Great! you're done!'.

If a bond all button is wanted to get familiars to awakened status, then I feel that no treasure/chests should be gained, but either the familiars gain insta awakened status, OR you have to bond all every day until that happens, but once you stop bonding, you have to wait a random number of days AFTer you stop bonding in order to gain any treasure/chests.
This gets brought up quite frequently.

No support. If you don't have time to bond with your familiars, don't do it. I can bond with 70 familiars in about 5 - 10 minutes (maybe a bit longer due to loading times, but I usually go do something else while that is happening), and adding more dragons shouldn't add that much more time.

I don't support bonding with only awakened familiars as that is going to be pouring a lot of treasure into the economy for very little (practically no effort at all) daily due to the sheer numbers of familiars and the fact they are adding more familiars all the time.

I also don't support bonding thorugh the bestiary as I don't think users should be able to bond with familiars not attached to dragons (I always get the image of a person walking through a shelter with barred doors, running their hand along the cage doors, petting anything that sticks their nose out, and then expecting to be paid to do so).

I would support bonding through the lair page itself, saving a load of the dragon's page.

I feel that being able to get at the very least 3000 treasure daily (200 dragons max X 15 lowest bonding level) should take more effort than logging on and hitting a button. If/when we get more slots for more dragons, that minimum amount for maxed lairs will only go up. As you bond with the familiars the amount of treasure you get will go up, so that number will go up.

I also feel it doesn't really make sense lore wise (site lore) as a bond all button brings to mind an image of (if it s only attacked familiars) a roomful of dragons and someone at the front saying 'look at your familiar, pet your familiar, collect treasure from your familiar, Great! you're done!'.

If a bond all button is wanted to get familiars to awakened status, then I feel that no treasure/chests should be gained, but either the familiars gain insta awakened status, OR you have to bond all every day until that happens, but once you stop bonding, you have to wait a random number of days AFTer you stop bonding in order to gain any treasure/chests.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Bonding your familiars daily isn't mandatory.

If you have trouble bonding with 100 per day, maybe you are biting more than you can chew. You don't have to bond with all of them every day.
Bonding your familiars daily isn't mandatory.

If you have trouble bonding with 100 per day, maybe you are biting more than you can chew. You don't have to bond with all of them every day.
This would be broken as heck..
This would be broken as heck..
ASOCY.gifnYGDr.gifXEKZu.gifRL008.gif
pls clicku my egg children, thank u
I like the idea of a bond all button for any awakened familiars, otherwise nah.
I like the idea of a bond all button for any awakened familiars, otherwise nah.
K6TNbNL.pngeIe2Cpu.png45AGycp.pngCHzbQF6.pngLrK9u2q.png
Sure, if you pay for this with a monthly gem fee.

Otherwise nah.
Sure, if you pay for this with a monthly gem fee.

Otherwise nah.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.