Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Random Encounters/dailyrandom events
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Oxton" date=2017-11-08 09:31:52] Avaros Full support because that would definitely spice up my days on FR and give me more reason to check the site instead of just to do coli and incubate eggs for fodder once a day. I'd love to have events that take away some treasure, or even just low-cost trinkets (like stuff you get from gathering outside of eggs and chests). You can make back the 'stolen' money easily enough in fairgrounds, so I don't understand the complaint of OH NO MUH 10K IS GONE when you can get that in fg doing a few puzzles or some tidal trouble for ten minutes or exalt a level 7 dragon. You need negatives to balance the positives. You don't like it because it's negative, that's kind of the point. I don't mind a random item or even bit of apparel being taken out of my hoard, since if it was implemented, obviously it wouldn't take away fest, gem, or KS apparel. If you have expensive apparel you want to keep, just put it on a dragon or in your vault since you aren't using it. I also super highly doubt that they would mess with dragons aside from maybe taking some food away or feeding one for free for a negative/positive effect. Why would they take away your dragon when they give you the option to do that yourself, and why would they change the colours since you already can do that? Not everything is neopets. And then the nitpickiness about lore, who cares! I have a dragon that's blind and can't fly, but if I got a random event that said Adesh saw something glittering and flew over to find a gilded chest, I'm not gonna complain. It's not the end of the world, and I assure you, you will go on. I feel like a lot of the no-supports here are also from those who didn't actually read the post, which never said anything about dragons being messed with (beyond maybe losing a couple food points or getting a random dragon fed if they're hungry). ALL IN ALL, full support, it would be a fun little feature/game to have to spice up my user experience. [/quote] Except what happens if you already maxed out the fairgrounds and wanted to buy a gene and you don't exalt. There are a great many people who don't like exalting or just don't want to exalt, and there are many people who might not be able to use the fairgrounds OR the coliseum. To you 10K might be a drop in the bucket, but to many users that 10K is a great deal of treasure that can't be easily made back (especially if they are on a timed limit) You also miss the fact that the original post was basically 'Let us have random events like the other sites do' which the main site that has random events I have been on is Neopets, which has recently started doing away with their negative events due to complaints. It has since been edited. also, what other negative events could there be? You don't change a dragon, you don't take away items, you don't take away treasure, what is left? Food points so that users could lose their well fed bonus? Just because you don't mind something doesn't mean that other people wont' mind it. I know I would absolutely HATE to have apparel or trinkets taken because I use those to melt down in Baldwins. I am only bonding my familiars because I WANT those cheap trinkets/apparel to melt down, so having events take those away would be very annoying to me, and potentially others who happen to like said apparel. I also keep said apparel/trinkets OUT of my vault so I know which ones are safe to melt down (as in I already have a copy of it) You said not everything is neopets, and that is right, but also, not everything NEEDS to have something other sites have. To me, random events are fine for the sites they are on, but why do we NEED them on this site? Leave random events to other sites and allow users to play THIS site without fear of losing something. I like that I can browse this site without need to put everything in my hoard/vault (including treasure) because otherwise I can lose it. Basically, if this were a spot in the trading post where users could go to and click and get a random event, support, but randomly popping up while browsing the site (even with a notification popping up and nothing happening till you click it), no support. I would be fine with lore only events or one or two trinket only positive, but no support for ANY negative events nor positive events that give out 'good' items.
Oxton wrote on 2017-11-08:
Avaros Full support because that would definitely spice up my days on FR and give me more reason to check the site instead of just to do coli and incubate eggs for fodder once a day.

I'd love to have events that take away some treasure, or even just low-cost trinkets (like stuff you get from gathering outside of eggs and chests). You can make back the 'stolen' money easily enough in fairgrounds, so I don't understand the complaint of OH NO MUH 10K IS GONE when you can get that in fg doing a few puzzles or some tidal trouble for ten minutes or exalt a level 7 dragon.

You need negatives to balance the positives. You don't like it because it's negative, that's kind of the point. I don't mind a random item or even bit of apparel being taken out of my hoard, since if it was implemented, obviously it wouldn't take away fest, gem, or KS apparel. If you have expensive apparel you want to keep, just put it on a dragon or in your vault since you aren't using it.

I also super highly doubt that they would mess with dragons aside from maybe taking some food away or feeding one for free for a negative/positive effect. Why would they take away your dragon when they give you the option to do that yourself, and why would they change the colours since you already can do that? Not everything is neopets.

And then the nitpickiness about lore, who cares! I have a dragon that's blind and can't fly, but if I got a random event that said Adesh saw something glittering and flew over to find a gilded chest, I'm not gonna complain. It's not the end of the world, and I assure you, you will go on.

I feel like a lot of the no-supports here are also from those who didn't actually read the post, which never said anything about dragons being messed with (beyond maybe losing a couple food points or getting a random dragon fed if they're hungry).

ALL IN ALL, full support, it would be a fun little feature/game to have to spice up my user experience.

Except what happens if you already maxed out the fairgrounds and wanted to buy a gene and you don't exalt. There are a great many people who don't like exalting or just don't want to exalt, and there are many people who might not be able to use the fairgrounds OR the coliseum. To you 10K might be a drop in the bucket, but to many users that 10K is a great deal of treasure that can't be easily made back (especially if they are on a timed limit)

You also miss the fact that the original post was basically 'Let us have random events like the other sites do' which the main site that has random events I have been on is Neopets, which has recently started doing away with their negative events due to complaints. It has since been edited.

also, what other negative events could there be? You don't change a dragon, you don't take away items, you don't take away treasure, what is left? Food points so that users could lose their well fed bonus? Just because you don't mind something doesn't mean that other people wont' mind it. I know I would absolutely HATE to have apparel or trinkets taken because I use those to melt down in Baldwins. I am only bonding my familiars because I WANT those cheap trinkets/apparel to melt down, so having events take those away would be very annoying to me, and potentially others who happen to like said apparel. I also keep said apparel/trinkets OUT of my vault so I know which ones are safe to melt down (as in I already have a copy of it)

You said not everything is neopets, and that is right, but also, not everything NEEDS to have something other sites have. To me, random events are fine for the sites they are on, but why do we NEED them on this site? Leave random events to other sites and allow users to play THIS site without fear of losing something. I like that I can browse this site without need to put everything in my hoard/vault (including treasure) because otherwise I can lose it.

Basically, if this were a spot in the trading post where users could go to and click and get a random event, support, but randomly popping up while browsing the site (even with a notification popping up and nothing happening till you click it), no support.

I would be fine with lore only events or one or two trinket only positive, but no support for ANY negative events nor positive events that give out 'good' items.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Don't force what you want on me. If FR is so boring that it needs to be "spiced up" by random events, then play on the sites that have random events. I like FR because it's NOT Neopets, and I don't want to see FR become a Neopets clone. I don't want FR to have features "just because Neopets does." And I don't want events taking away or altering anything on my account. If Player A wants to have items and treasure lost with no gain, then start a thread and give them away to other players. Let me have my player experience without that. And no support for having to click on a link or anything like that either. I flat out do not want this feature on FR any more. My semi-neutral stance has changed to a solid no support stance.
Don't force what you want on me. If FR is so boring that it needs to be "spiced up" by random events, then play on the sites that have random events. I like FR because it's NOT Neopets, and I don't want to see FR become a Neopets clone. I don't want FR to have features "just because Neopets does." And I don't want events taking away or altering anything on my account. If Player A wants to have items and treasure lost with no gain, then start a thread and give them away to other players. Let me have my player experience without that. And no support for having to click on a link or anything like that either. I flat out do not want this feature on FR any more. My semi-neutral stance has changed to a solid no support stance.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I like how all the people on the no support are just whining for something that (as explained better by the maker of this thread) would be optional, therefore only the ones who want to get said events can click on the notification.

1- No one would force anything on you, I don't know what neopet is and I don't see why it was dragged in the discussion only because it has a similar feature, plus this is the suggestion forum, we are just... discussing an idea... if it makes you so mad just stop replying / paying attention to it
2- why would you shot down something optional only because you don't want to partecipate when in theory you already could do so?
3- it's a nice little addition to the game, as it is proposed now it doesn't take away too much, the dragons get hungry in coli and lose -5 when they faint, why 2/3 food points would matter that much?
if you are near to losing your well fed bonus you could just ignore it and feed your dragons, heck maybe even in another tab so you don't lose the note of the event.
4- I've seen many users whine and shot down other users that complain about the renaming scrolls costing 6k T, because "it's a treasure sink!" "it's not such a big price!" "just don't buy it" "it avoids spite renaming before exalts" (which is right btw); then why is it so much of a problem a 1k/10k? it won't always be the max 10k being taken out, it can as well be a simple 6k (same as a renaming scroll guess what) or less.

In the end I'm on the support side, its a nice addition, the negatives aren't exaggerated and the positives aren't that much game-breaking, especially if it happens 1/2 times a day max.
I would love it

I like how all the people on the no support are just whining for something that (as explained better by the maker of this thread) would be optional, therefore only the ones who want to get said events can click on the notification.

1- No one would force anything on you, I don't know what neopet is and I don't see why it was dragged in the discussion only because it has a similar feature, plus this is the suggestion forum, we are just... discussing an idea... if it makes you so mad just stop replying / paying attention to it
2- why would you shot down something optional only because you don't want to partecipate when in theory you already could do so?
3- it's a nice little addition to the game, as it is proposed now it doesn't take away too much, the dragons get hungry in coli and lose -5 when they faint, why 2/3 food points would matter that much?
if you are near to losing your well fed bonus you could just ignore it and feed your dragons, heck maybe even in another tab so you don't lose the note of the event.
4- I've seen many users whine and shot down other users that complain about the renaming scrolls costing 6k T, because "it's a treasure sink!" "it's not such a big price!" "just don't buy it" "it avoids spite renaming before exalts" (which is right btw); then why is it so much of a problem a 1k/10k? it won't always be the max 10k being taken out, it can as well be a simple 6k (same as a renaming scroll guess what) or less.

In the end I'm on the support side, its a nice addition, the negatives aren't exaggerated and the positives aren't that much game-breaking, especially if it happens 1/2 times a day max.
I would love it

BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
@Jemdar I said hoardselling was a thing you could do, and you can flip fodder. There are tons of ways to make money outside of exalting, it's really not the end of the world.

I also said you could take away random items in your hoard, like stuff you get from gathering. Are you that attached to junk items like sticks and rocks? I doubt it. It's not that bad if you think about it, and still, 10k is really not a lot. Making a problem where there is one isn't going to change that.

@gemajgall You said not to force what I want on you, I'll impose the same. Just because YOU have lore that says a dragon is blind and can't see doesn't mean a random event saying "your dragon saw this thing and flew to it" is going to destroy everything you've ever written. It's not the end of the world. And I hardly think you had a semi-agree considering you shot down literally everything suggested here.

It was literally suggested as an OPTIONAL feature that you don't even need to click on. EZPZ just ignore it and don't click on it. And as Midorikage said, if you don't like it, just don't look at it! We are capable of scrolling past things we don't want to see.
@Jemdar I said hoardselling was a thing you could do, and you can flip fodder. There are tons of ways to make money outside of exalting, it's really not the end of the world.

I also said you could take away random items in your hoard, like stuff you get from gathering. Are you that attached to junk items like sticks and rocks? I doubt it. It's not that bad if you think about it, and still, 10k is really not a lot. Making a problem where there is one isn't going to change that.

@gemajgall You said not to force what I want on you, I'll impose the same. Just because YOU have lore that says a dragon is blind and can't see doesn't mean a random event saying "your dragon saw this thing and flew to it" is going to destroy everything you've ever written. It's not the end of the world. And I hardly think you had a semi-agree considering you shot down literally everything suggested here.

It was literally suggested as an OPTIONAL feature that you don't even need to click on. EZPZ just ignore it and don't click on it. And as Midorikage said, if you don't like it, just don't look at it! We are capable of scrolling past things we don't want to see.
y0rbHJY.png BJZhFXG.png mAiCJNJ.png
mtHAEL4.png optH9Kd.png xGZ2vEk.png
UYXZLyE.png mjtJ868.png mlHpBMC.png
tumblr_ml7ict0XCv1r7y61oo1_400.gif
Wow, I guess this is the Ping Gema Thread. @_@ Srsly guys, they don't like pings, and they're very good about checking up on threads without the aid of pings. So please stop.
Wow, I guess this is the Ping Gema Thread. @_@ Srsly guys, they don't like pings, and they're very good about checking up on threads without the aid of pings. So please stop.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I already asked once and it's in my signature. Please do not ping me. No further arguing can possibly change my mind on this suggestion. I dislike this suggestion, and I will never support it now.
I already asked once and it's in my signature. Please do not ping me. No further arguing can possibly change my mind on this suggestion. I dislike this suggestion, and I will never support it now.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Midorikage" date=2017-11-08 10:33:25] I like how all the people on the no support are just whining for something that (as explained better by the maker of this thread) would be optional, therefore only the ones who want to get said events can click on the notification. 1- No one would force anything on you, I don't know what neopet is and I don't see why it was dragged in the discussion only because it has a similar feature, plus this is the suggestion forum, we are just... discussing an idea... if it makes you so mad just stop replying / paying attention to it 2- why would you shot down something optional only because you don't want to partecipate when in theory you already could do so? 3- it's a nice little addition to the game, as it is proposed now it doesn't take away too much, the dragons get hungry in coli and lose -5 when they faint, why 2/3 food points would matter that much? if you are near to losing your well fed bonus you could just ignore it and feed your dragons, heck maybe even in another tab so you don't lose the note of the event. 4- I've seen many users whine and shot down other users that complain about the renaming scrolls costing 6k T, because "it's a treasure sink!" "it's not such a big price!" "just don't buy it" "it avoids spite renaming before exalts" (which is right btw); then why is it so much of a problem a 1k/10k? it won't always be the max 10k being taken out, it can as well be a simple 6k (same as a renaming scroll guess what) or less. In the end I'm on the support side, its a nice addition, the negatives aren't exaggerated and the positives aren't that much game-breaking, especially if it happens 1/2 times a day max. I would love it [/quote] 1. No one is whining, If someone doesn't want to see a game to change in a certain way, they are perfectly allowed to voice their opinions on that. As you said, this is a *discussion* forum where not everyone is going to agree, so just because YOU like something doesn't mean others will. 2. The first post, before it was altered, simply said something along the lines of 'give us random events' There was no talk of optional, no talk of no negative points etc.. The optional part came AFTER many people replied to it. 3. Because dragons only lose those points IF YOUR ENTIRE PARTY is defeated. not just randomly. You literally have to be playing the coliseum for your dragon to lose those points. Again, the first suggestion had nothing in it about it being something that you have to actively participate in, it was 'I would love random events while clicking around the site' 4. There is a big difference between randomly losing 10K just for playing the game and actively purchasing a 6K renaming scroll. One you can avoid by either not buying said dragon or by simply not renaming the dragon NOW, while the other would be something that you cannot avoid happening. @Oxton Actually, as stated if you read my post, YES I am attached to those random rocks and twigs because I melt them down into baldwin materials. Again, just because YOU are okay with something happening doesn't mean other people are. Also, hoardselling/flipping fodder aren't an option for everyone. Hoardselling implies you have something to hoard sell (and not everyone does) and flipping fodder implies you have the time and room to do so. I HAVE thought about it and that is why I don't support it. Not everyone plays the game the same and I REALLY don't think users should be punished (which negative random events do) for simply playing the game. As I said, having Ridara's option of a place in the trading post where users have to actively seek it out OR having it lore only with minor trinket rewards would be best. With the Trading post area, those who want it can seek it out, and with the lore only bit players won't be afraid to wander the site because they could accidentally click on something (and it has happened, my old mouse used to have a 'sticky' mousewheel that I would go to click on a link and suddenly my page would jump due to the mousewheel clicking over and thus scrolling the page. I have heard of others this has happened to and other reasons why a page or hand might slip) and lose something. Again, don't assume that everyone would be okay with something just because YOU are. I know there are many users who would be perfectly fine with losing trinkets or 10K, but I also know there would be many players who are NOT fine with losing those.
Midorikage wrote on 2017-11-08:

I would love it

1. No one is whining, If someone doesn't want to see a game to change in a certain way, they are perfectly allowed to voice their opinions on that. As you said, this is a *discussion* forum where not everyone is going to agree, so just because YOU like something doesn't mean others will.

2. The first post, before it was altered, simply said something along the lines of 'give us random events' There was no talk of optional, no talk of no negative points etc.. The optional part came AFTER many people replied to it.

3. Because dragons only lose those points IF YOUR ENTIRE PARTY is defeated. not just randomly. You literally have to be playing the coliseum for your dragon to lose those points. Again, the first suggestion had nothing in it about it being something that you have to actively participate in, it was 'I would love random events while clicking around the site'

4. There is a big difference between randomly losing 10K just for playing the game and actively purchasing a 6K renaming scroll. One you can avoid by either not buying said dragon or by simply not renaming the dragon NOW, while the other would be something that you cannot avoid happening.

@Oxton
Actually, as stated if you read my post, YES I am attached to those random rocks and twigs because I melt them down into baldwin materials.

Again, just because YOU are okay with something happening doesn't mean other people are.

Also, hoardselling/flipping fodder aren't an option for everyone. Hoardselling implies you have something to hoard sell (and not everyone does) and flipping fodder implies you have the time and room to do so.

I HAVE thought about it and that is why I don't support it. Not everyone plays the game the same and I REALLY don't think users should be punished (which negative random events do) for simply playing the game.

As I said, having Ridara's option of a place in the trading post where users have to actively seek it out OR having it lore only with minor trinket rewards would be best. With the Trading post area, those who want it can seek it out, and with the lore only bit players won't be afraid to wander the site because they could accidentally click on something (and it has happened, my old mouse used to have a 'sticky' mousewheel that I would go to click on a link and suddenly my page would jump due to the mousewheel clicking over and thus scrolling the page. I have heard of others this has happened to and other reasons why a page or hand might slip) and lose something.

Again, don't assume that everyone would be okay with something just because YOU are. I know there are many users who would be perfectly fine with losing trinkets or 10K, but I also know there would be many players who are NOT fine with losing those.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Still no support. If the prices are good enough to warrant this being programmed in then it will cause people to use bots. It won't even matter if the refreshing cooldown exists - what matters is the refreshing cycle of the bot and how many people are going to use these (probably on several accounts to grab as much as they can).

Still no support. If the prices are good enough to warrant this being programmed in then it will cause people to use bots. It won't even matter if the refreshing cooldown exists - what matters is the refreshing cycle of the bot and how many people are going to use these (probably on several accounts to grab as much as they can).

Gosh, people are so mad about this. I think it sounds fun. Support.
Gosh, people are so mad about this. I think it sounds fun. Support.
wvz5N8O.png 12345678901234567890 TivIzlp.png
I think this would be cool. If it were something really small and stupid ("There's a bug crawling on Lightning's nose... Huh, better catch that for a snack later." {Receive: 1 Wasteland Pauper/add 2 insect points to food/whatever}) then it would be cute and there'd be no point in refresh farming or whatever. If it were limited to really tiny things like single items worth two food points or a single item with a hoard sell value <50, I don't think the potential for botting for this thing would be anything to really worry about. It would be like a fun little reward for browsing around the site. If you're upset about losing one twig or chimera fang, well... I mean, they're literally like 30t a piece on the AH right now. Blink once at Tidal Trouble and you can buy one. Or slash a moth in the fields and you have thirty minutes of melt time to find a stick somewhere. Yeah, basically, this is awesome in my opinion: [quote][center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/d978a1962174024bd568c999a5cd9150/tumblr_oz3xpnsPUb1ta8wmdo1_1280.jpg[/img] [/center][/quote] As for a random encounter taking away something valuable from your hoard: simply make it so random encounters cannot affect retired items, specialty items, Swipp/Baldwin items, etc. There would be a whole list and nothing could happen to those. I wouldn't even be opposed to a single dragon losing a single hunger point (and, on the flipside, a single dragon gaining a single hunger point) at random. If that's gonna break somebody's lair feeding schedule... well, okay. As for treasure, I think it should be about as worthless as if you got a single wasteland pauper. Rewards/losses should be no larger than 50t, or, you know, something equal to about a peppercorn. I wouldn't be opposed to dragons being named in these encounters. I also have lore (+bonus, it's written, increasing the amount of people who have to deal with things not lining up perfectly). I have a dragon that doesn't speak. It's not a big deal to get a random encounter that says something like "Astromech sings a song to praise the Windsinger. Those are some beautiful lyrics." Because you know what? I made my lore up. It isn't actually part of the game. And you know what else? Most people's lore doesn't actually conform with the game's lore. I've yet to see one lore lair that actually has 100% canon-conforming lore. And we all live with it. I feel like there would be a lot more lore catfights if people were [i]this[/i] concerned about it. I step on your lore, you step on mine. We step on the site's and the site steps on ours. It's kind of a beautiful relationship when you think about it. It could, though, be equally fun to have it just say "a dragon" because then I know if I got something like, "During today's rainstorm, a dragon dashed out of shelter to splash in the puddles. A few others are now trying to clean up the mud," I'd think to myself, "Cruor, what you doing, getting mud everywhere? Enchantress is always cleaning up after you, bud." It'd be like a random writing or drawing prompt. If you like lore, I feel like you just can't dislike that. I think having an NPC would sort of make it... not random. And not as fun. I definitely like this idea. I think it would be cool to have more site interaction especially if it had the "opt-in" thing of having to click on the thing to receive the encounter. I like stupid little things [i]a lot[/i]. Maybe too much. And I think something like this would be awesome.
I think this would be cool. If it were something really small and stupid ("There's a bug crawling on Lightning's nose... Huh, better catch that for a snack later." {Receive: 1 Wasteland Pauper/add 2 insect points to food/whatever}) then it would be cute and there'd be no point in refresh farming or whatever. If it were limited to really tiny things like single items worth two food points or a single item with a hoard sell value <50, I don't think the potential for botting for this thing would be anything to really worry about. It would be like a fun little reward for browsing around the site. If you're upset about losing one twig or chimera fang, well... I mean, they're literally like 30t a piece on the AH right now. Blink once at Tidal Trouble and you can buy one. Or slash a moth in the fields and you have thirty minutes of melt time to find a stick somewhere.

Yeah, basically, this is awesome in my opinion:
Quote:
tumblr_oz3xpnsPUb1ta8wmdo1_1280.jpg

As for a random encounter taking away something valuable from your hoard: simply make it so random encounters cannot affect retired items, specialty items, Swipp/Baldwin items, etc. There would be a whole list and nothing could happen to those.

I wouldn't even be opposed to a single dragon losing a single hunger point (and, on the flipside, a single dragon gaining a single hunger point) at random. If that's gonna break somebody's lair feeding schedule... well, okay. As for treasure, I think it should be about as worthless as if you got a single wasteland pauper. Rewards/losses should be no larger than 50t, or, you know, something equal to about a peppercorn.

I wouldn't be opposed to dragons being named in these encounters. I also have lore (+bonus, it's written, increasing the amount of people who have to deal with things not lining up perfectly). I have a dragon that doesn't speak. It's not a big deal to get a random encounter that says something like "Astromech sings a song to praise the Windsinger. Those are some beautiful lyrics." Because you know what? I made my lore up. It isn't actually part of the game. And you know what else? Most people's lore doesn't actually conform with the game's lore. I've yet to see one lore lair that actually has 100% canon-conforming lore. And we all live with it. I feel like there would be a lot more lore catfights if people were this concerned about it. I step on your lore, you step on mine. We step on the site's and the site steps on ours. It's kind of a beautiful relationship when you think about it.

It could, though, be equally fun to have it just say "a dragon" because then I know if I got something like, "During today's rainstorm, a dragon dashed out of shelter to splash in the puddles. A few others are now trying to clean up the mud," I'd think to myself, "Cruor, what you doing, getting mud everywhere? Enchantress is always cleaning up after you, bud." It'd be like a random writing or drawing prompt. If you like lore, I feel like you just can't dislike that.

I think having an NPC would sort of make it... not random. And not as fun.

I definitely like this idea. I think it would be cool to have more site interaction especially if it had the "opt-in" thing of having to click on the thing to receive the encounter. I like stupid little things a lot. Maybe too much. And I think something like this would be awesome.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5