Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Random Encounters/dailyrandom events
1 2 3 4 5
[center][b]Random Events that only affect you![/b][/center] To make Flight Rising more fun and a little more exciting, I thought about random encounters you can find while traversing through the site. A lot of other pet websites do something like this, so why can't we? They would be little random events that happen to your dragons. You'd get a notification at the top of your account right next to your mail, friend requests, and pings notifications. Clicking it will allow you to see what has happened to your clan. It would look something like this: [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/d978a1962174024bd568c999a5cd9150/tumblr_oz3xpnsPUb1ta8wmdo1_1280.jpg[/img] Clicking the icon will not open a new window. It will function like pings do. You click it, it opens, you click out, it closes. Simple. If you don't click it and leave the page, it will go away. You'll have missed your chance to get your random event, and you'll have to wait for the cool down to refresh to find another. These events will not effect any particular dragon specifically. They'll only effect your account. The random events are on a cool down, meaning once you get one it will be some time before it can happen again. Here are some example events. [LIST] [*]A small tremor has cracked the ground and revealed a buried treasure chest to one of your dragons. Thanks Earthshaker! (+1 random treasure chest) [*]Thanks to the Gladekeeper's efforts on keeping the world covered in green, your dragons are finding a lot more flowers than usual. (Gives plant food directly to food reserves) [*]There's been an extra low tide recently, allowing one of your dragons to forage the beach for many clams and crabs. I wonder what the Tidelord is up to? (Gives fish food directly to food reserves) [*]Due to a lot of strenuous activities, your dragons are more hungry than normal. (hungry dragons) [*]It seems a sneaky duskrat made away with some of your treasure... (subtract random treasure amount from treasure on hand, from 1t to 10kt.) [*]Did you hear that?! Sounds like an explosion happened at the Trading Post. Better check on Baldwin! (5% time reduction on whatever you're brewing; suggested by MulberryScroll.) [*]There's been a rumor going around between dragons that Crim is interested in hoarding even more stuff. Poor Pinkerton... (Crim Cooldown Reset; suggested by MulberryScroll) [/LIST] No dragons will ever be named during events. It will always say a dragon/dragons. [center][b]Random sitewide daily events.[/b][/center] Something random happens every day that provides a bonus to players. [b]Weather Events[/b] Every day the weather will change. Depending on the weather, it will give a +1 statboost to dragons of certain flights, or give +1 gathering turn to certain flights. (Dragons with fire and plant eyes do well with sunny weather. Water eyed dragons do best in rain, etc. There's also a chance for normal partly cloudy weather where nothing happens.) Possible Weather Outcomes [LIST] [*]Partly Cloudy- Nothing, most common [*]Sunny - Light Dragons [*]Rainy - Water Dragons [*]Snowy - Ice Dragons [*]Foggy - Shadow Dragons [*]Thunderstorms - Lightning Dragons [*]Heatwave - Fire dragons [*]Dry, arid weather - Earth dragons [*]Humid - Plague Dragons [*]Sunshowers - Nature (not enough sun for light, not enough water for water. perfect for plants.) [*]Meteor Shower - Arcane Dragons [*]Windstorms - Wind Dragons [/LIST] [b]Gathering Events[/b] Somethings happening during the day that allows you to get extra resources depending on if you fish, forage, hunt, or look for bugs. It doesn't effect what region you gather from, only what you use your gathering turns on. [b]Shrine to the Eleven[/b] (credit to Ridara and Windows8) Located in the trading post, this magical shrine is a place where many dragons can go once a day and pray to their respective deity. Maybe if you pray hard enough, something good can happen? Nothing special is guaranteed when praying at the shrine. Maybe if you're lucky, you can get an extra gathering turn for a day, bonus stats for a day, a treasure chest, or a chance of finding some materials or items. Or maybe your God blesses you with a slightly higher drop rate in the coli? Endless possibilities. Similar to Pinkerton's Plundered Pile, but with a bit more zest and an added bonus for rarer items. Also may give account bonuses. [b]More to come if suggested/thought of.
Random Events that only affect you!

To make Flight Rising more fun and a little more exciting, I thought about random encounters you can find while traversing through the site. A lot of other pet websites do something like this, so why can't we?

They would be little random events that happen to your dragons. You'd get a notification at the top of your account right next to your mail, friend requests, and pings notifications. Clicking it will allow you to see what has happened to your clan. It would look something like this:

tumblr_oz3xpnsPUb1ta8wmdo1_1280.jpg

Clicking the icon will not open a new window. It will function like pings do. You click it, it opens, you click out, it closes. Simple.

If you don't click it and leave the page, it will go away. You'll have missed your chance to get your random event, and you'll have to wait for the cool down to refresh to find another.

These events will not effect any particular dragon specifically. They'll only effect your account. The random events are on a cool down, meaning once you get one it will be some time before it can happen again. Here are some example events.

• A small tremor has cracked the ground and revealed a buried treasure chest to one of your dragons. Thanks Earthshaker! (+1 random treasure chest)
  • Thanks to the Gladekeeper's efforts on keeping the world covered in green, your dragons are finding a lot more flowers than usual. (Gives plant food directly to food reserves)
  • There's been an extra low tide recently, allowing one of your dragons to forage the beach for many clams and crabs. I wonder what the Tidelord is up to? (Gives fish food directly to food reserves)
  • Due to a lot of strenuous activities, your dragons are more hungry than normal. (hungry dragons)
  • It seems a sneaky duskrat made away with some of your treasure... (subtract random treasure amount from treasure on hand, from 1t to 10kt.)
  • Did you hear that?! Sounds like an explosion happened at the Trading Post. Better check on Baldwin! (5% time reduction on whatever you're brewing; suggested by MulberryScroll.)
  • There's been a rumor going around between dragons that Crim is interested in hoarding even more stuff. Poor Pinkerton... (Crim Cooldown Reset; suggested by MulberryScroll)

No dragons will ever be named during events. It will always say a dragon/dragons.

Random sitewide daily events.

Something random happens every day that provides a bonus to players.

Weather Events
Every day the weather will change. Depending on the weather, it will give a +1 statboost to dragons of certain flights, or give +1 gathering turn to certain flights. (Dragons with fire and plant eyes do well with sunny weather. Water eyed dragons do best in rain, etc. There's also a chance for normal partly cloudy weather where nothing happens.)

Possible Weather Outcomes
  • Partly Cloudy- Nothing, most common
  • Sunny - Light Dragons
  • Rainy - Water Dragons
  • Snowy - Ice Dragons
  • Foggy - Shadow Dragons
  • Thunderstorms - Lightning Dragons
  • Heatwave - Fire dragons
  • Dry, arid weather - Earth dragons
  • Humid - Plague Dragons
  • Sunshowers - Nature (not enough sun for light, not enough water for water. perfect for plants.)
  • Meteor Shower - Arcane Dragons
  • Windstorms - Wind Dragons

Gathering Events
Somethings happening during the day that allows you to get extra resources depending on if you fish, forage, hunt, or look for bugs. It doesn't effect what region you gather from, only what you use your gathering turns on.

Shrine to the Eleven
(credit to Ridara and Windows8)

Located in the trading post, this magical shrine is a place where many dragons can go once a day and pray to their respective deity. Maybe if you pray hard enough, something good can happen?

Nothing special is guaranteed when praying at the shrine. Maybe if you're lucky, you can get an extra gathering turn for a day, bonus stats for a day, a treasure chest, or a chance of finding some materials or items. Or maybe your God blesses you with a slightly higher drop rate in the coli? Endless possibilities.

Similar to Pinkerton's Plundered Pile, but with a bit more zest and an added bonus for rarer items. Also may give account bonuses.

More to come if suggested/thought of.
Interested in a Flight Rising themed trading discord?

Join Here!
I don't mind the positive random events--but every site I have been on that has these also has negative ones. You know, events that take your money or items or that turn your pets weird colors or whatnot. I don't want those on FR. It might be selfish to say only positive events--but I would be neutral-to-support positive only random events. If this suggestion is implemented with positive, negative and neutral random events, then a very clear no support.
I don't mind the positive random events--but every site I have been on that has these also has negative ones. You know, events that take your money or items or that turn your pets weird colors or whatnot. I don't want those on FR. It might be selfish to say only positive events--but I would be neutral-to-support positive only random events. If this suggestion is implemented with positive, negative and neutral random events, then a very clear no support.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@/gemajgall
If you don't balance the positive events with negative ones, it'll be very easy for people to use bots. Just keep refreshing the page for random encounters.
@/gemajgall
If you don't balance the positive events with negative ones, it'll be very easy for people to use bots. Just keep refreshing the page for random encounters.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
Then no support since I don't want to have deal with negative events that could screw up my inventory or dragons.
Then no support since I don't want to have deal with negative events that could screw up my inventory or dragons.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Subunit" date=2017-11-07 21:05:18] @/gemajgall If you don't balance the positive events with negative ones, it'll be very easy for people to use bots. Just keep refreshing the page for random encounters. [/quote] No support. If this is going to be even more of a bot magnet I don't want it. I rather would play lag free and get stuff on my own 'the hard way' than being gifted stuff for nothing and unable to play because the site got horrid lag because of cheaters.
Subunit wrote on 2017-11-07:
@/gemajgall

No support. If this is going to be even more of a bot magnet I don't want it. I rather would play lag free and get stuff on my own 'the hard way' than being gifted stuff for nothing and unable to play because the site got horrid lag because of cheaters.
I like this idea!

It would be neat to have rare random events that build into lore world building, which would just be splash text about FR's world of Sorneith.
  • "Your dragon Unnamed traveled a bit too close to the Starfall Isles, and blahblah happened."
  • "The Earthshaker has caused this to happen, and your dragon had this encounter."

There could also be rare random events included in the above that could have a profitable outcome:
"Your dragon MrMcBiteyface has discovered blahblah while doing blahblah" (thus earning an item/money)

@Ismaiel @gemajgall @Subunit @nikanika @clw23 @Avaros
Pinged you because what if random encounters were story/lore/world building like this?
I like this idea!

It would be neat to have rare random events that build into lore world building, which would just be splash text about FR's world of Sorneith.
  • "Your dragon Unnamed traveled a bit too close to the Starfall Isles, and blahblah happened."
  • "The Earthshaker has caused this to happen, and your dragon had this encounter."

There could also be rare random events included in the above that could have a profitable outcome:
"Your dragon MrMcBiteyface has discovered blahblah while doing blahblah" (thus earning an item/money)

@Ismaiel @gemajgall @Subunit @nikanika @clw23 @Avaros
Pinged you because what if random encounters were story/lore/world building like this?
w07JVqv4_o.gif
Ays9NJWm_o.gif
I collect old dragons! And Wooly bears.
...And also have a hoarding problem.

From Plague; with love. ♥
Ays9NJWm_o.gif

[/right]
If there's a minimum interval between events, (5 minutes, 10 minutes etc) then even bots aren't going to have much of an impact.
Not particularly interested in this functionality, but no objection to it so long as it's designed properly.
If there's a minimum interval between events, (5 minutes, 10 minutes etc) then even bots aren't going to have much of an impact.
Not particularly interested in this functionality, but no objection to it so long as it's designed properly.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Personally I wouldn't like it. As Gemajgall said, if there are negative events (events that take your items or change you dragons) then absolutely no support. Imagine buying an expensive retired item and before you can put it in you vault or on a dragon it got 'stolen'. Or imagine finally getting that perfect gene/breed scroll for your active and suddenly the dragon got changed to have a different one (or worse your dragon's colors were scattered. )

Even Neopets I believe has gotten rid of most of their negative events in the past couple of years. (can't recall if they got rid of them entirely but I do remember they started putting more and more 'protections' in place because people were complaining that they couldn't have their UC pets active or their expensive painted pets because of the possibility of them being zapped by an event.)

As for lore only events, I think only if it DOESN'T involve dragons. IE, you get an event about 'You hear the ground rumbling. Must be the Earthshaker'. While I know it would be minor, many people have their dragons have specific personalities and it could get annoying to constantly have the dragon that would never have left the lair constantly 'exploring and finding items'. So lore event involving NPCs and Deities would be fine, if it uses a dragon from your lair, then no.

As for positive events. I am iffy. I don't really think that FR NEEDS another item generator for basically doing nothing, but I suppose as long as it were only common items, such as the type you get from rusted chests, then I don't think it would hurt anything.

One last thing on negative events. If they actually affected your account, imagine the outrage that could happen besides what I mentioned above. There is an issue with the CR (not sure this could affect dragons but imagine it could) where the items aren't taken out of your inventory. Now, imagine you are setting up payment, have the CR ready to go, maybe it includes a dragon. Before the person on the other end can accept (maybe they are offline when you set it up) you get hit with two negative events. One takes an item from the CR and the other changes the dragon you were sending so it is no longer what the person wanted.

Same thing with dragons that are being auctioned. They are still in your lair, and if they can be hit then imagine that happening.

They could add protections in place but do you really want the AH to be flooded with even more super expensive dragons in order to 'protect' them from being changed.

They could make it so that the account isn't really affected, but then why even have negative events because if a positive event can affect your account, why wouldn't a negative one.

Overall, no support. With the way FR is setup, negative events would have to be pretty much be 'oh look your dragon got scared' because anything that changes the account could become very bad, VERY fast. Positive only events could cause botting (even with a time limit between events) and would basically just be another item generator and Lore events would need to be carefully balanced to not be intrusive on people's personal lore (again that is a minor thing, but imagine being 'lucky' enough to get multiple random events and all of them using the wrong dragon or having your dragons do things they would never do. I could imagine it getting annoying very fast.)
Personally I wouldn't like it. As Gemajgall said, if there are negative events (events that take your items or change you dragons) then absolutely no support. Imagine buying an expensive retired item and before you can put it in you vault or on a dragon it got 'stolen'. Or imagine finally getting that perfect gene/breed scroll for your active and suddenly the dragon got changed to have a different one (or worse your dragon's colors were scattered. )

Even Neopets I believe has gotten rid of most of their negative events in the past couple of years. (can't recall if they got rid of them entirely but I do remember they started putting more and more 'protections' in place because people were complaining that they couldn't have their UC pets active or their expensive painted pets because of the possibility of them being zapped by an event.)

As for lore only events, I think only if it DOESN'T involve dragons. IE, you get an event about 'You hear the ground rumbling. Must be the Earthshaker'. While I know it would be minor, many people have their dragons have specific personalities and it could get annoying to constantly have the dragon that would never have left the lair constantly 'exploring and finding items'. So lore event involving NPCs and Deities would be fine, if it uses a dragon from your lair, then no.

As for positive events. I am iffy. I don't really think that FR NEEDS another item generator for basically doing nothing, but I suppose as long as it were only common items, such as the type you get from rusted chests, then I don't think it would hurt anything.

One last thing on negative events. If they actually affected your account, imagine the outrage that could happen besides what I mentioned above. There is an issue with the CR (not sure this could affect dragons but imagine it could) where the items aren't taken out of your inventory. Now, imagine you are setting up payment, have the CR ready to go, maybe it includes a dragon. Before the person on the other end can accept (maybe they are offline when you set it up) you get hit with two negative events. One takes an item from the CR and the other changes the dragon you were sending so it is no longer what the person wanted.

Same thing with dragons that are being auctioned. They are still in your lair, and if they can be hit then imagine that happening.

They could add protections in place but do you really want the AH to be flooded with even more super expensive dragons in order to 'protect' them from being changed.

They could make it so that the account isn't really affected, but then why even have negative events because if a positive event can affect your account, why wouldn't a negative one.

Overall, no support. With the way FR is setup, negative events would have to be pretty much be 'oh look your dragon got scared' because anything that changes the account could become very bad, VERY fast. Positive only events could cause botting (even with a time limit between events) and would basically just be another item generator and Lore events would need to be carefully balanced to not be intrusive on people's personal lore (again that is a minor thing, but imagine being 'lucky' enough to get multiple random events and all of them using the wrong dragon or having your dragons do things they would never do. I could imagine it getting annoying very fast.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
My thoughts are, that they happen pretty uncommon-rarely.
I think you shouldn't have items taken away. I think they should happen only if you are online.

Ideas:
Event-
Suddenly a magic marketplace appeared! You may choose to buy these random items if you want. This marketplace lasts only 5 minutes sadly.

I agree with that these should be completely optional events that you may CHOOSE to click on or not. Personally, I don't think you should get anything above 45kt.

My thoughts are, that they happen pretty uncommon-rarely.
I think you shouldn't have items taken away. I think they should happen only if you are online.

Ideas:
Event-
Suddenly a magic marketplace appeared! You may choose to buy these random items if you want. This marketplace lasts only 5 minutes sadly.

I agree with that these should be completely optional events that you may CHOOSE to click on or not. Personally, I don't think you should get anything above 45kt.

vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
@Ismaiel @Jemadar @gemajgall

I would figure that the refresh rate for the random events would be so high that bots wouldn't be able to get that much effect out of it. I'm saying once every twelve hours, or maybe once every day for a small chance to get something good. (If the refresh rate is this high, we wouldn't have any negative effects.) With this refresh rate as well, it's a very unlikely chance to encounter a random event anyway. This would be for bigger items, like treasure chests or health potions for the coli, name changing scrolls, or MAYBE a unique geneset that would not alter your dragon, you'd just get a scroll for it. (I need to make a more detailed list of what you can and can't get.)

With the random events, no items in your hoard would be taken away from your account. The only negative aspect I can see happening are two things:
  • A dragon gets hungry
  • A small amount of treasure that isn't in your vault is taken away. (and i'm talking 10k MAX)

Random events that alter genes, colors, genders, or anything that would change a dragon's physical appearance are a total no. If you guys have more ideas for negative aspects, let me know!

@Razzles I'd love it if the random events had something to do with the lore of FR. I really like FR's lore, and I think there are a lot of possibilities to have the deities involved.
  • A small tremor has cracked the ground and revealed a buried treasure chest to one of your dragons. Thanks Earthshaker!
  • Thanks to the Gladekeeper's efforts on keeping the world covered in green, your dragons are finding a lot more flowers than usual. (Gives plant food)
  • There's been an extra low tide recently, allowing one of your dragons to forage the beach for many clams and crabs. I wonder what the Tidelord is up to? (Gives fish food)

With the events set up like this, it doesn't name any particular dragon, allowing you to pick and choose what dragon did what.

Just stuff like that would be nice.

I've also edited the top post to better reflect what I had originally planned so it's a bit more easier to understand.

also sorry if i pinged you and you didn't want to be pinged, wasn't thinking about that
@Ismaiel @Jemadar @gemajgall

I would figure that the refresh rate for the random events would be so high that bots wouldn't be able to get that much effect out of it. I'm saying once every twelve hours, or maybe once every day for a small chance to get something good. (If the refresh rate is this high, we wouldn't have any negative effects.) With this refresh rate as well, it's a very unlikely chance to encounter a random event anyway. This would be for bigger items, like treasure chests or health potions for the coli, name changing scrolls, or MAYBE a unique geneset that would not alter your dragon, you'd just get a scroll for it. (I need to make a more detailed list of what you can and can't get.)

With the random events, no items in your hoard would be taken away from your account. The only negative aspect I can see happening are two things:
  • A dragon gets hungry
  • A small amount of treasure that isn't in your vault is taken away. (and i'm talking 10k MAX)

Random events that alter genes, colors, genders, or anything that would change a dragon's physical appearance are a total no. If you guys have more ideas for negative aspects, let me know!

@Razzles I'd love it if the random events had something to do with the lore of FR. I really like FR's lore, and I think there are a lot of possibilities to have the deities involved.
  • A small tremor has cracked the ground and revealed a buried treasure chest to one of your dragons. Thanks Earthshaker!
  • Thanks to the Gladekeeper's efforts on keeping the world covered in green, your dragons are finding a lot more flowers than usual. (Gives plant food)
  • There's been an extra low tide recently, allowing one of your dragons to forage the beach for many clams and crabs. I wonder what the Tidelord is up to? (Gives fish food)

With the events set up like this, it doesn't name any particular dragon, allowing you to pick and choose what dragon did what.

Just stuff like that would be nice.

I've also edited the top post to better reflect what I had originally planned so it's a bit more easier to understand.

also sorry if i pinged you and you didn't want to be pinged, wasn't thinking about that
Interested in a Flight Rising themed trading discord?

Join Here!
1 2 3 4 5