Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | News Alert
1 2 3
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2017-07-16 08:52:55] They could use the scroll bar at the top right corner of the site. Something like : NEW Genes - Jaguar and Rosette. With a link to the announcement when you click it. But then again, a lot of us have probably tuned out that scroll bar. [/quote] That is why I only gave it a passing mention. *glances at bar* What do you mean Water flight is Dominating? *grumbles about always being the last to know*
gemajgall wrote on 2017-07-16:
They could use the scroll bar at the top right corner of the site. Something like : NEW Genes - Jaguar and Rosette. With a link to the announcement when you click it.

But then again, a lot of us have probably tuned out that scroll bar.

That is why I only gave it a passing mention. *glances at bar* What do you mean Water flight is Dominating? *grumbles about always being the last to know*

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I also like Jemadar's idea - it would be even nice to have an ability to subscribe to an entire subforum and get pings when new topic is posted. This would solve the announcements' lack of visibility, would allow people to opt-in or out and give an additional choice to those that want to be updated with news from other subforums, like their own flight's general or dom forum.
I also like Jemadar's idea - it would be even nice to have an ability to subscribe to an entire subforum and get pings when new topic is posted. This would solve the announcements' lack of visibility, would allow people to opt-in or out and give an additional choice to those that want to be updated with news from other subforums, like their own flight's general or dom forum.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I'd kinda like to have an alert for announcements and news too. I'm always logged in, and I found out about Jaguar/Rosette because a hatchery I'm pinglisted for had new hatchlings with the genes, and I had no idea what they were. The same thing happened when Bogsneaks were introduced.

Maybe give it a toggle option so people who hate pings don't get the alert? Toggles are awesome. Personalization makes everything betger.
I'd kinda like to have an alert for announcements and news too. I'm always logged in, and I found out about Jaguar/Rosette because a hatchery I'm pinglisted for had new hatchlings with the genes, and I had no idea what they were. The same thing happened when Bogsneaks were introduced.

Maybe give it a toggle option so people who hate pings don't get the alert? Toggles are awesome. Personalization makes everything betger.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
Maybe just like, click the homepage once a week to see what's up?

It's literally right there.
Maybe just like, click the homepage once a week to see what's up?

It's literally right there.
Nq0eoGi.png
I don't see why not? As long as like there's a little "x" on the banner to dismiss it easily, I don't see why people would be getting all huffy over this suggestion. The only reason I know about new things is either A. Tumblr, or B. FR Discussion, never the front page because I just personally don't go there
I don't see why not? As long as like there's a little "x" on the banner to dismiss it easily, I don't see why people would be getting all huffy over this suggestion. The only reason I know about new things is either A. Tumblr, or B. FR Discussion, never the front page because I just personally don't go there
4e48afae7ea64e587fff31cf892fcf9de1d76c3a.png
Critter Adopts
The acorn beckons
Divider-Branch4.png
33341.png Horsiesmall.png
[quote name="SpindleWinter" date=2017-07-16 07:19:14] I know I made a topic about this ages ago, but it's still needed imo. And I know I could go on the main page and see, but why would I? There's nothing useful there to me but news and I don't remember to go randomly checking for new news posts. [/quote] I don't understand why you wouldn't go to the main page, since that's where you will find FR news. Whenever I log in it takes me directly to the main page. It takes literally nothing to discover FR updates.
SpindleWinter wrote on 2017-07-16:
I know I made a topic about this ages ago, but it's still needed imo.

And I know I could go on the main page and see, but why would I? There's nothing useful there to me but news and I don't remember to go randomly checking for new news posts.

I don't understand why you wouldn't go to the main page, since that's where you will find FR news. Whenever I log in it takes me directly to the main page. It takes literally nothing to discover FR updates.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
[quote name="Geisterwolf" date=2017-07-17 12:29:33] [quote name="SpindleWinter" date=2017-07-16 07:19:14] I know I made a topic about this ages ago, but it's still needed imo. And I know I could go on the main page and see, but why would I? There's nothing useful there to me but news and I don't remember to go randomly checking for new news posts. [/quote] I don't understand why you wouldn't go to the main page, since that's where you will find FR news. Whenever I log in it takes me directly to the main page. It takes literally nothing to discover FR updates. [/quote] The thing is, why would people go to the first page? It is only another stepping stone, especially with the time between updates, to get to where they truly want to know. Many people don't care about another welcome week since they happen regularly now, the festival announcements are nice, but again, they are a regular occurrence and not something most people need to be reminded of. So people bookmark where they go most often. If I were doing baldwin regularly and that was all I was doing, I wouldn't want to have to keep clicking on the trading post then on baldwin's icon etc.. I would just bookmark the page I needed to go. Again, most other sites have this type of deal. Even non-pet sites will have ways to allow the users to find out when updates/changes are made and many of them just automatically send out a news letter or automatically tell users when they first log in, no matter what page they first log into.
Geisterwolf wrote on 2017-07-17:
SpindleWinter wrote on 2017-07-16:
I know I made a topic about this ages ago, but it's still needed imo.

And I know I could go on the main page and see, but why would I? There's nothing useful there to me but news and I don't remember to go randomly checking for new news posts.

I don't understand why you wouldn't go to the main page, since that's where you will find FR news. Whenever I log in it takes me directly to the main page. It takes literally nothing to discover FR updates.

The thing is, why would people go to the first page? It is only another stepping stone, especially with the time between updates, to get to where they truly want to know. Many people don't care about another welcome week since they happen regularly now, the festival announcements are nice, but again, they are a regular occurrence and not something most people need to be reminded of.

So people bookmark where they go most often. If I were doing baldwin regularly and that was all I was doing, I wouldn't want to have to keep clicking on the trading post then on baldwin's icon etc.. I would just bookmark the page I needed to go.

Again, most other sites have this type of deal. Even non-pet sites will have ways to allow the users to find out when updates/changes are made and many of them just automatically send out a news letter or automatically tell users when they first log in, no matter what page they first log into.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-07-17 13:16:38] The thing is, why would people go to the first page? [/quote] To get the very news this suggestion proposes be added to a ping system unnecessarily. Just check once a week if a single page load is that much of an issue for your gameplay.
Jemadar wrote on 2017-07-17:
The thing is, why would people go to the first page?

To get the very news this suggestion proposes be added to a ping system unnecessarily. Just check once a week if a single page load is that much of an issue for your gameplay.
Nq0eoGi.png
Support even though I go to the front page at least twice a day. Once, very early to see what the daily exalt bonuses are and then a second time to check what they are because I forget and I'm looking for more bonus dragons.

Still, it would be nice to see some sort of alert for News and Site Status updates. Pinging everyone to the front page sounds kind of awful but replacing the little ticker at the top with something would be nice. Say, only putting up the last 2-3 News+Site Status updates instead of the random 20 or so things we have now.
Support even though I go to the front page at least twice a day. Once, very early to see what the daily exalt bonuses are and then a second time to check what they are because I forget and I'm looking for more bonus dragons.

Still, it would be nice to see some sort of alert for News and Site Status updates. Pinging everyone to the front page sounds kind of awful but replacing the little ticker at the top with something would be nice. Say, only putting up the last 2-3 News+Site Status updates instead of the random 20 or so things we have now.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Nightwind" date=2017-07-17 15:04:42] ... but replacing the little ticker at the top with something would be nice. Say, only putting up the last 2-3 News+Site Status updates instead of the random 20 or so things we have now. [/quote] They hardly update that thing now. That's what it's there for, for NEW news, but when is that thing ever updated?
Nightwind wrote on 2017-07-17:
... but replacing the little ticker at the top with something would be nice. Say, only putting up the last 2-3 News+Site Status updates instead of the random 20 or so things we have now.

They hardly update that thing now. That's what it's there for, for NEW news, but when is that thing ever updated?
Nq0eoGi.png
1 2 3