Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nest Renting
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
One other minor reason I would prefer, as the nest owner, to be able t ohatch nests is if the user had incubated the nests completely, but then for some reason couldn't get back online to hatch the nest. I would much prefer to hatch the nest so the other user gets their hatchlings than see the eggs discarded because the time limit ran out. But that is just me. I know that if the reverse was true, I had incubated a nest to hatching, but something happened that I couldn't get online for a week (aside from going crazy...) I would still have those hatchlings to look forward to instead of them being discarded to free the nest.
One other minor reason I would prefer, as the nest owner, to be able t ohatch nests is if the user had incubated the nests completely, but then for some reason couldn't get back online to hatch the nest. I would much prefer to hatch the nest so the other user gets their hatchlings than see the eggs discarded because the time limit ran out. But that is just me. I know that if the reverse was true, I had incubated a nest to hatching, but something happened that I couldn't get online for a week (aside from going crazy...) I would still have those hatchlings to look forward to instead of them being discarded to free the nest.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-04-16 13:04:33] One other minor reason I would prefer, as the nest owner, to be able t ohatch nests is if the user had incubated the nests completely, but then for some reason couldn't get back online to hatch the nest. I would much prefer to hatch the nest so the other user gets their hatchlings than see the eggs discarded because the time limit ran out. But that is just me. I know that if the reverse was true, I had incubated a nest to hatching, but something happened that I couldn't get online for a week (aside from going crazy...) I would still have those hatchlings to look forward to instead of them being discarded to free the nest. [/quote] Biggest issue with this is the hatching of the nest---what happens if the renter has no room for the eggs? Does the nest stay in limbo? Do the unhatched eggs get discarded? Do the hatchlings that have no lair space get autoexalted? Would option for nest rental be only available if the renter has five lair spaces and those slots be held open until the nest filled
Jemadar wrote on 2017-04-16:
Biggest issue with this is the hatching of the nest---what happens if the renter has no room for the eggs? Does the nest stay in limbo? Do the unhatched eggs get discarded? Do the hatchlings that have no lair space get autoexalted? Would option for nest rental be only available if the renter has five lair spaces and those slots be held open until the nest filled
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Dragonsage

That is one reason why I suggested a bit earlier, that in renting a nest, the renter would have lair space 'reserved' for the hatchlings. They must have 5 spaces to rent a nest and then the number of eggs they get are the number of spaces reserved (so if they get a one egg nest, one space is reserved).

That way there would always be spaces for the nest, and a renter couldn't use 'no room' to guilt a nest owner into holding that nest for them.

(I was also sort of operating under this premise, or it could just be that the owner of the nest gets a message that there is no lair space to hatch same as if they tried to hatch a nest when they didn't have lair space in their own lair)
@Dragonsage

That is one reason why I suggested a bit earlier, that in renting a nest, the renter would have lair space 'reserved' for the hatchlings. They must have 5 spaces to rent a nest and then the number of eggs they get are the number of spaces reserved (so if they get a one egg nest, one space is reserved).

That way there would always be spaces for the nest, and a renter couldn't use 'no room' to guilt a nest owner into holding that nest for them.

(I was also sort of operating under this premise, or it could just be that the owner of the nest gets a message that there is no lair space to hatch same as if they tried to hatch a nest when they didn't have lair space in their own lair)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I 'd really love this.
I 'd really love this.
@StarriannaFlare
The comment about the time limit starting after the eggs have fully been incubated, yes. The part about not letting the nest owner hatch is more a general comment. And yes, I understand that if the owner of the nest being able to claim the eggs if the renter doesn't hatch within a certain amount of time can be seen as stealing. However, if its mentioned in the tutorial for the feature that the nest owner can choose that as a penalty for having rented from them and not keeping up with the nest like they are supposed to, the nest owner can choose to discard or hatch the eggs for themselves. This is no different than in real life as I think might have been mentioned before. If you leave your stuff when you move out of a place, the owner of that place can do as they please with your stuff. Some, if they understand the reason why you had to leave it, will be willing to hold on to your stuff until you can grab it. This is not stealing, its more like 'Adverse Possession' where if property hasn't been claimed within a time frame, the person who's done work to maintain the property has rights to it. I see the nest owner doing so no different than this. The U.S has been doing this since the colonial period, except then the colonists were also killing off the native, but that's besides the point.
@StarriannaFlare
The comment about the time limit starting after the eggs have fully been incubated, yes. The part about not letting the nest owner hatch is more a general comment. And yes, I understand that if the owner of the nest being able to claim the eggs if the renter doesn't hatch within a certain amount of time can be seen as stealing. However, if its mentioned in the tutorial for the feature that the nest owner can choose that as a penalty for having rented from them and not keeping up with the nest like they are supposed to, the nest owner can choose to discard or hatch the eggs for themselves. This is no different than in real life as I think might have been mentioned before. If you leave your stuff when you move out of a place, the owner of that place can do as they please with your stuff. Some, if they understand the reason why you had to leave it, will be willing to hold on to your stuff until you can grab it. This is not stealing, its more like 'Adverse Possession' where if property hasn't been claimed within a time frame, the person who's done work to maintain the property has rights to it. I see the nest owner doing so no different than this. The U.S has been doing this since the colonial period, except then the colonists were also killing off the native, but that's besides the point.
This is a brilliant idea. I was just talking to someone about this the other day when I thought about how non nature eyes would be way better for a few of my project pairs in the future. But that same user told me of their terrible story an how they lost a breeding pair from renting out.. :<

I'm on the fence and I would like to think most users wouldn't do that and more so if they are in the next rental group... But I just don't want to spend all of the time to get my pairs together, gene them properly only to lose them after using WC scrolls on them .. >-<

With the new auction house revamp and all the features that were added there I think it would be very possible to make something like this and even turn it on or off depending on various settings. Allowing your flight to use the nests or allowing all flights if there isn't a dom battle going. So long as there is some confirmation on the nest being used. No surprise eggs in your nesting area without warning. :P
This is a brilliant idea. I was just talking to someone about this the other day when I thought about how non nature eyes would be way better for a few of my project pairs in the future. But that same user told me of their terrible story an how they lost a breeding pair from renting out.. :<

I'm on the fence and I would like to think most users wouldn't do that and more so if they are in the next rental group... But I just don't want to spend all of the time to get my pairs together, gene them properly only to lose them after using WC scrolls on them .. >-<

With the new auction house revamp and all the features that were added there I think it would be very possible to make something like this and even turn it on or off depending on various settings. Allowing your flight to use the nests or allowing all flights if there isn't a dom battle going. So long as there is some confirmation on the nest being used. No surprise eggs in your nesting area without warning. :P
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
@Rosekitten
Why would there be surprise eggs? The way I have it set up is you have to put the nest on the Rental Market for someone to rent it. ovo no surprise eggs!
@Rosekitten
Why would there be surprise eggs? The way I have it set up is you have to put the nest on the Rental Market for someone to rent it. ovo no surprise eggs!
Smaller-Coatl-Crack.gif~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Demons Den Links:
Hatchery | Item Shop
Accent Shop | Clan Lore
Gene Goals | Wish List
Mated Pairs | Guide Directory
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~Smaller-Imp.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@Demonskid

yeah i read that later after my post but I was far too tired to go back and edit it. haha. ^^
@Demonskid

yeah i read that later after my post but I was far too tired to go back and edit it. haha. ^^
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
Anything I could say in support has already been said, and at this point the valid points are quoted in the first post.

Full support, please do this FR. Let me have my red-eyed dragons without having to switch loyalties or hunt down reliable people!
Anything I could say in support has already been said, and at this point the valid points are quoted in the first post.

Full support, please do this FR. Let me have my red-eyed dragons without having to switch loyalties or hunt down reliable people!
@Demonskid

I need a shadow nest for a pair of my Coatls ^^

Hi hi =^.^=
@Demonskid

I need a shadow nest for a pair of my Coatls ^^

Hi hi =^.^=
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8