Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More features on indevidual dragon's
1 2 3
@Jemadar
I forgot about the ID number.... However, you still don't have access to the size stats and level... I know they probly probably have their reasons for not including them (save on server space...) But it'd be nice to be able to see that stuff... (or maybe I'm just wierd... XD)
@Jemadar
I forgot about the ID number.... However, you still don't have access to the size stats and level... I know they probly probably have their reasons for not including them (save on server space...) But it'd be nice to be able to see that stuff... (or maybe I'm just wierd... XD)
On between 8-22 server time. If I don't respond, I'm asleep! XD
brewing.png
tumblr_onwju7SRmm1u8scv6o1_75sq.png My room is so full of books,
you'd need a library card to get in!
I belong to Anti-Socials Anonymous.
So far, we have yet to meet...
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-01-10 14:34:08] 1. Sure, that would be great. 2. Sorry, but no support. I can see this becoming more of a hassle than a lot of people want, especially if they get comments on 'fodder dragons' or someone gets too excited and comments on nearly every single dragon (I had that happen on FB, a new friend went and liked and commented nearly every single picture I had). Potentially the ability to toggle allowing comments would be good. 3. It would need certain restrictions. For one, absolutely no rewards for likes. This would lead to like farming and problems. For two, only the user who owns the dragon can see the number of likes. For Three, the likes are cleared when/if the dragon leaves your lair. Otherwise I can see people trying to use likes on a dragon to boost the price and making posts about 'like my dragon pls'. Plus the hurt feelings of someone who thinks they have a gorgeous dragon, and they see one they feel is ugly and that dragon has a ton more likes than their dragon. 'liking' a dragon should be done because the person actually likes the dragon, not because it is a 'popular' dragon owned by a popular user. I don't want to see FR turn into a huge popularity contest. 4. I don't really see any harm in this. Could even be good if you could make 'presets' of your own (ie make the coding in a previewer, and then save that coding under a name like 'SubSpecies X' then when coding a bio, just click that name and the code is inserted) 5. PLEASE! I have wanted backgrounds for a LONG time, every other site I have played has them and I LOVE Them, they are usually some of my favorite items. 6. Sorry, no support. This would require redrawing of apparel to fit the various poses and it would make it so that skins/accents no longer worked. It would also be a HUGE task for the artists who would need to redraw each of those poses and make the genes work. This would in turn slow down releasing of new apparel AND breeds (mostly breeds) because there would be so much work involved in creating one breed. [/quote] I feel it at the same way as this......
Jemadar wrote on 2017-01-10:
1. Sure, that would be great.

2. Sorry, but no support. I can see this becoming more of a hassle than a lot of people want, especially if they get comments on 'fodder dragons' or someone gets too excited and comments on nearly every single dragon (I had that happen on FB, a new friend went and liked and commented nearly every single picture I had). Potentially the ability to toggle allowing comments would be good.

3. It would need certain restrictions. For one, absolutely no rewards for likes. This would lead to like farming and problems. For two, only the user who owns the dragon can see the number of likes. For Three, the likes are cleared when/if the dragon leaves your lair. Otherwise I can see people trying to use likes on a dragon to boost the price and making posts about 'like my dragon pls'. Plus the hurt feelings of someone who thinks they have a gorgeous dragon, and they see one they feel is ugly and that dragon has a ton more likes than their dragon. 'liking' a dragon should be done because the person actually likes the dragon, not because it is a 'popular' dragon owned by a popular user. I don't want to see FR turn into a huge popularity contest.

4. I don't really see any harm in this. Could even be good if you could make 'presets' of your own (ie make the coding in a previewer, and then save that coding under a name like 'SubSpecies X' then when coding a bio, just click that name and the code is inserted)

5. PLEASE! I have wanted backgrounds for a LONG time, every other site I have played has them and I LOVE Them, they are usually some of my favorite items.

6. Sorry, no support. This would require redrawing of apparel to fit the various poses and it would make it so that skins/accents no longer worked. It would also be a HUGE task for the artists who would need to redraw each of those poses and make the genes work. This would in turn slow down releasing of new apparel AND breeds (mostly breeds) because there would be so much work involved in creating one breed.

I feel it at the same way as this......
banner_gif_to_my_character_by_crayzywolfmoon-da11w7d.gif
@Warriormaiden

Yeah, though since I don't really care about those so I don't really miss them but I see your point about those.
@Warriormaiden

Yeah, though since I don't really care about those so I don't really miss them but I see your point about those.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="LunarMyst" date=2017-01-17 07:30:14] 3: Likes For one a like button already exists on the dragon's guys, just trying to come up with ways to make it more useful. Again the rewards for high likes could be something as benign as an icon on the dragon's profile similar to badges on deviantART. Only as it stands now "Like" is a useless feature and I just want it tweaked not for my own dragon's so much as repeatedly wishing I could silently give a like to someone's dragon without having to start a conversation or be logged into fb, and for it to actually count towards something because some dragon's really are awesome on another tier, and with all the hard work people put into breeding, gening, and dressing & writing for their dragons, I really feel there should be something to show for it.[/quote] Even a reward system that only rewards useless badges is a reward, and there are a lot of people out there who simply want to experience every aspect of the site, and having many high 'liked' dragons would become one of them if added. Look at how players already inflate the price for dragons with certain ID number. It wasn't intended by the site but it happened anyway, so who are we to say this won't happen for the likes? You would be amazed how many people will actually care. I could probably tentatively support this particular one if: 1, absolutely NO rewards whatsoever. 2, likes count is wiped clean when sold/moved to a new lair. 3, likes count is only visible to the owner. Also I feel like this feature is the same as 'comment on dragon page', just in different format. I kinds feel that you just need one of them, if they ever add anything like these to the site, not both. [quote] 6: Poses - You guys showed concern in regards to skins/accents. The simple solution to this would be that dragon's lock in the default poses while wearing skins/accents. There really isn't as much of a need for dragon's wearing those to have different poses anyway since they already look different than the average derg. And I don't think it would take away the appeal to poses. Yes the code would need to be changed, but I do not think this is an impossible or negative change/feature. When side by side dragon's of the same breed look like duplicates in the same poses even with different colors. Poses would make dragon share and going through your lair more aesthetically pleasing and allow that extra umpf to your dragon's indevidual personalities. This is an aesthetics based game after all. It would take longer for breed, color, gene, apparel updates- True. But I personally don't see that as enough reason not to have the feature. FR updates new stuff relatively often as-is. And they already have systems that make geneing/coloring more simplified, only touch ups would be needed where parts overlap on moving bits, not total recoloring of the body or limbs for that matter. [/quote] 1, Their goal is to release 2 new dragons every year, but look what we have now? 1 new dragon per one and half years. Adding pose change will make their already quite ambitious goal totally impossible. 2, I feel, if this is going to be a feature, the midpoint where the workload for artists, time spent on this feature against adding new apparels/breeds, and the ability to change pose, is to have a few set pose options that you can choose from, instead of a moving part at the joints that you can tweak freely. So they will still be just a stationary image, players just choose they want pose 1, 2 or 3. That still triples the workload for artists but it's a lot better than making everything dynamic. This is an adoptable site, not SIM dragon...
LunarMyst wrote on 2017-01-17:
3: Likes
For one a like button already exists on the dragon's guys, just trying to come up with ways to make it more useful.
Again the rewards for high likes could be something as benign as an icon on the dragon's profile similar to badges on deviantART.

Only as it stands now "Like" is a useless feature and I just want it tweaked not for my own dragon's so much as repeatedly wishing I could silently give a like to someone's dragon without having to start a conversation or be logged into fb, and for it to actually count towards something because some dragon's really are awesome on another tier, and with all the hard work people put into breeding, gening, and dressing & writing for their dragons, I really feel there should be something to show for it.

Even a reward system that only rewards useless badges is a reward, and there are a lot of people out there who simply want to experience every aspect of the site, and having many high 'liked' dragons would become one of them if added. Look at how players already inflate the price for dragons with certain ID number. It wasn't intended by the site but it happened anyway, so who are we to say this won't happen for the likes? You would be amazed how many people will actually care.

I could probably tentatively support this particular one if:
1, absolutely NO rewards whatsoever.
2, likes count is wiped clean when sold/moved to a new lair.
3, likes count is only visible to the owner.

Also I feel like this feature is the same as 'comment on dragon page', just in different format. I kinds feel that you just need one of them, if they ever add anything like these to the site, not both.
Quote:
6: Poses

- You guys showed concern in regards to skins/accents.
The simple solution to this would be that dragon's lock in the default poses while wearing skins/accents.
There really isn't as much of a need for dragon's wearing those to have different poses anyway since they already look different than the average derg. And I don't think it would take away the appeal to poses.
Yes the code would need to be changed, but I do not think this is an impossible or negative change/feature. When side by side dragon's of the same breed look like duplicates in the same poses even with different colors. Poses would make dragon share and going through your lair more aesthetically pleasing and allow that extra umpf to your dragon's indevidual personalities. This is an aesthetics based game after all.
It would take longer for breed, color, gene, apparel updates-
True. But I personally don't see that as enough reason not to have the feature. FR updates new stuff relatively often as-is.
And they already have systems that make geneing/coloring more simplified, only touch ups would be needed where parts overlap on moving bits, not total recoloring of the body or limbs for that matter.

1, Their goal is to release 2 new dragons every year, but look what we have now? 1 new dragon per one and half years. Adding pose change will make their already quite ambitious goal totally impossible.

2, I feel, if this is going to be a feature, the midpoint where the workload for artists, time spent on this feature against adding new apparels/breeds, and the ability to change pose, is to have a few set pose options that you can choose from, instead of a moving part at the joints that you can tweak freely. So they will still be just a stationary image, players just choose they want pose 1, 2 or 3. That still triples the workload for artists but it's a lot better than making everything dynamic. This is an adoptable site, not SIM dragon...
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I support all of these suggestions except pose changes, dragon likes, and dragon comments.

Poses changes (aside from just changing between male and female poses) would require way too much new artwork for the art team to work on. They'd have to redraw every single type of apparel available to be able to fit every combination of pose change. What a nightmare that would be! I'd rather have them work on new breeds than doing that. Plus, changing tiny things to make poses look different wouldn't look right because the changes wouldn't flow with the rest of the artwork.

I'm not fond of "likes" and comments on dragons. Besides looking really busy on my dragon's profile, I'd rather someone just comment on my profile if they like something. I also don't want to have to compete with someone else to get a lot of likes on my dragons. I like them because I like them and I don't want them to be considered less cool just because they have less likes than another dragon.
I support all of these suggestions except pose changes, dragon likes, and dragon comments.

Poses changes (aside from just changing between male and female poses) would require way too much new artwork for the art team to work on. They'd have to redraw every single type of apparel available to be able to fit every combination of pose change. What a nightmare that would be! I'd rather have them work on new breeds than doing that. Plus, changing tiny things to make poses look different wouldn't look right because the changes wouldn't flow with the rest of the artwork.

I'm not fond of "likes" and comments on dragons. Besides looking really busy on my dragon's profile, I'd rather someone just comment on my profile if they like something. I also don't want to have to compete with someone else to get a lot of likes on my dragons. I like them because I like them and I don't want them to be considered less cool just because they have less likes than another dragon.
XriSV9h.gif
@LunarMyst
Don't get me wrong, I'd love pose changes! But I just feel like it's a little far out there and could cause problems with selling dragons, apparel, and accents. If the default pose is locked in for those things it could work but it comes down to if it's possible to force that in the code without it getting wonky. I am by no means a coding expert, but if one day FR can figure out how to make it work, I'm all for it
@LunarMyst
Don't get me wrong, I'd love pose changes! But I just feel like it's a little far out there and could cause problems with selling dragons, apparel, and accents. If the default pose is locked in for those things it could work but it comes down to if it's possible to force that in the code without it getting wonky. I am by no means a coding expert, but if one day FR can figure out how to make it work, I'm all for it
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
1. They already tried something like this. It lagged the site somethinh awful. It was to toggle exalted dragons I believe. I don't think it is off the table, but a low priority.

2. I don't think this is needed. It is just another thing for the mods to keep an eye on. As it isn't on the forums, it would require someone to be notified of all the comments to keep an eye on them. That is a lot of work. So no support.

3. I actually wouldn't mind an fr like option. Like other's have said, only the owner should be able to see it. With the other conversation about the likes inflating the price, if they were shown, the likes can be cleared after the dragon is sold. Tied to the account. Lind of like the familiars.

4. I really don't see the point in this. There are free options out there. All you have to do is look. You can play fr without doing anything to the bio's, it is a nice option. I don't think the admins should be doing all the work for you.

5. Sure. Backgrounds are awesome. No issue with that.

6. Yeah...no support. This would take thousands of hours. We have thousands of apparel items that would need to be redrawn. It would take forever. Fr does not have unlimited resources, this would cost thousands of dollars for paying the artists and coding it. I would rather they take those resources and work on something more useful. Like the ah and coli rewrite. Or new dragons.
1. They already tried something like this. It lagged the site somethinh awful. It was to toggle exalted dragons I believe. I don't think it is off the table, but a low priority.

2. I don't think this is needed. It is just another thing for the mods to keep an eye on. As it isn't on the forums, it would require someone to be notified of all the comments to keep an eye on them. That is a lot of work. So no support.

3. I actually wouldn't mind an fr like option. Like other's have said, only the owner should be able to see it. With the other conversation about the likes inflating the price, if they were shown, the likes can be cleared after the dragon is sold. Tied to the account. Lind of like the familiars.

4. I really don't see the point in this. There are free options out there. All you have to do is look. You can play fr without doing anything to the bio's, it is a nice option. I don't think the admins should be doing all the work for you.

5. Sure. Backgrounds are awesome. No issue with that.

6. Yeah...no support. This would take thousands of hours. We have thousands of apparel items that would need to be redrawn. It would take forever. Fr does not have unlimited resources, this would cost thousands of dollars for paying the artists and coding it. I would rather they take those resources and work on something more useful. Like the ah and coli rewrite. Or new dragons.
tumblr_inline_o23j1zjnqA1r3lvtf_500.png
Okay. I tried. :/
Okay. I tried. :/
9dJ0IYz.png
Likes and comments:
I do not support comments on a dragons page for several reasons, one being clutter and another being that it will require too much policing on the parts of users and mods. However, likes could be an interesting feature which replaces this- when you like a dragon, you could get a pop-up that says something like "Thank you for liking this dragon! Would you like to let the user know?" And if you click yes it takes you to a pm to the user that has the subject line "I liked your dragon!" Locked in. Otherwise, the like would not send any sort of notification to the owner of the dragon.
Also, with likes, they should not give rewards, be only visible to the owners of the dragons, and be wiped to 0 if the dragon is sold or traded. After exalting maybe they could be visible.

Bio templates seem okay but I'm not sure if it's really needed at this point. When the site is running perfect and they are just searching for things to do, then they could add this but right now I'd rather they focus on other things.

I would support site made backgrounds as long as they do not distract from the overall shape of the dragon. Just blocks of background where the dragon image is would be inelegant and a bit ugly, in my opinion, but something like vines or smoke which could work its way around all the boxes on the dragon page, that would be cool. Like. Vistas for the dragon page.

Lastly, poses. This is a straight no for me, creating dragon breed already takes much to long as it is, and it's an enormous amount of work even with the streamlining they have implemented. Plus, if you know anything about design you know how important silhouette is to preserving the design. Poses would completely wreck this, even more than the most covering apparel. You should always be able to tell from the silhouette what breed it is. This is also why accents and skin cannot go outside the lines.
Likes and comments:
I do not support comments on a dragons page for several reasons, one being clutter and another being that it will require too much policing on the parts of users and mods. However, likes could be an interesting feature which replaces this- when you like a dragon, you could get a pop-up that says something like "Thank you for liking this dragon! Would you like to let the user know?" And if you click yes it takes you to a pm to the user that has the subject line "I liked your dragon!" Locked in. Otherwise, the like would not send any sort of notification to the owner of the dragon.
Also, with likes, they should not give rewards, be only visible to the owners of the dragons, and be wiped to 0 if the dragon is sold or traded. After exalting maybe they could be visible.

Bio templates seem okay but I'm not sure if it's really needed at this point. When the site is running perfect and they are just searching for things to do, then they could add this but right now I'd rather they focus on other things.

I would support site made backgrounds as long as they do not distract from the overall shape of the dragon. Just blocks of background where the dragon image is would be inelegant and a bit ugly, in my opinion, but something like vines or smoke which could work its way around all the boxes on the dragon page, that would be cool. Like. Vistas for the dragon page.

Lastly, poses. This is a straight no for me, creating dragon breed already takes much to long as it is, and it's an enormous amount of work even with the streamlining they have implemented. Plus, if you know anything about design you know how important silhouette is to preserving the design. Poses would completely wreck this, even more than the most covering apparel. You should always be able to tell from the silhouette what breed it is. This is also why accents and skin cannot go outside the lines.
1 2 3