Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More features on indevidual dragon's
1 2 3
For dragon's profiles I wish there were more features.

1- Toggle offspring box
It was mentioned by people before to have a toggle option for hiding the offspring list. Or even hiding certain offspring.
Again this would be a toggle option for both the owner of the Dragon and visitors to use, so lineages can always freely be explored.
But for aesthetic and lore purposes you could edit what was immediately visible in the "offspring" box.
Mostly for the purpose of hiding exalted "Unnamed" offspring.

2- Comment section for dragon profiles
Also, I think it would be really cool to have a comment section page behind each indevidual dragon, that way it would be easy for fans to show their favorite dragons some love.
This page would also not be immediately visible, and a toggle would reveal it so as not to distract from the dragon itself or make things cluttered.

3- A new way to "like" dragons
I also think that FB "like" button is useless on dragon profiles as people must be logged into FB to even use it so it's inconvenient, and it serves little to no site related purpose and offers no reward.
And so doesn't really get used.

It would be much more useful to have a site wide only "like" or equivalent button that adds into your achievements system or gives you a small reward for certain numbers of 'likes'.
Perhaps special apparel or a familiar, or maybe a gem?
Something. Even a simple icon badge/trophy in the corner of a dragon's profile to show rank of how many likes it has acquired?

4- Decorative default options for lore/bios.
People have been making and editing and coding their own decorative bios, but it's really time consuming and some people just want something quick that looks nice.
If you made some customizable default options available with easy drag and drop selections for placing banners, boxes, or other things that would be really awesome and more people would be likey to use the lore section.

5- Backgrounds
Can we please have backgrounds for our dragons??
Things look really plain right now...

6- Poses
It would be neat if you guys could just make the dragon's arms legs and heads somewhat posable almost like paper dolls, where they have joints that can be dragged into positions with a mouse.
This, I think would be much easier for the artist's rather than drawing whole new poses for every species with all genes and apparel having to be redrawn for each indevidual pose.
Instead, the base stays the same you're just giving the limbs a little mobility, this would only need minor tiny edits to the art and colors in places, and only some apparel would need these small edits in places.

A feature like this would make even dragon's with identical apparel colors and genes appear to have different personalities and not look so repetitive when looking at multiple dragon's of the same species side by side.
For dragon's profiles I wish there were more features.

1- Toggle offspring box
It was mentioned by people before to have a toggle option for hiding the offspring list. Or even hiding certain offspring.
Again this would be a toggle option for both the owner of the Dragon and visitors to use, so lineages can always freely be explored.
But for aesthetic and lore purposes you could edit what was immediately visible in the "offspring" box.
Mostly for the purpose of hiding exalted "Unnamed" offspring.

2- Comment section for dragon profiles
Also, I think it would be really cool to have a comment section page behind each indevidual dragon, that way it would be easy for fans to show their favorite dragons some love.
This page would also not be immediately visible, and a toggle would reveal it so as not to distract from the dragon itself or make things cluttered.

3- A new way to "like" dragons
I also think that FB "like" button is useless on dragon profiles as people must be logged into FB to even use it so it's inconvenient, and it serves little to no site related purpose and offers no reward.
And so doesn't really get used.

It would be much more useful to have a site wide only "like" or equivalent button that adds into your achievements system or gives you a small reward for certain numbers of 'likes'.
Perhaps special apparel or a familiar, or maybe a gem?
Something. Even a simple icon badge/trophy in the corner of a dragon's profile to show rank of how many likes it has acquired?

4- Decorative default options for lore/bios.
People have been making and editing and coding their own decorative bios, but it's really time consuming and some people just want something quick that looks nice.
If you made some customizable default options available with easy drag and drop selections for placing banners, boxes, or other things that would be really awesome and more people would be likey to use the lore section.

5- Backgrounds
Can we please have backgrounds for our dragons??
Things look really plain right now...

6- Poses
It would be neat if you guys could just make the dragon's arms legs and heads somewhat posable almost like paper dolls, where they have joints that can be dragged into positions with a mouse.
This, I think would be much easier for the artist's rather than drawing whole new poses for every species with all genes and apparel having to be redrawn for each indevidual pose.
Instead, the base stays the same you're just giving the limbs a little mobility, this would only need minor tiny edits to the art and colors in places, and only some apparel would need these small edits in places.

A feature like this would make even dragon's with identical apparel colors and genes appear to have different personalities and not look so repetitive when looking at multiple dragon's of the same species side by side.
9dJ0IYz.png
These are all great ideas. I especially like the comment section for dragons and a universal like button with possible rewards!
These are all great ideas. I especially like the comment section for dragons and a universal like button with possible rewards!
~Commissions
~Tumblr
~Instagram
~He/They
tumblr_inline_n37h25z1gh1qhwjx8.gif
Support! However, I do not support the pose change, as it could interfere with the general breed art? I dont really know, but I think thats impossible.
Support! However, I do not support the pose change, as it could interfere with the general breed art? I dont really know, but I think thats impossible.
+3 fr time
he/him
pinging me is ok!
friends of my youth, when shall we meet again?
f2u_moon_by_lacedjewel-db1e4cw.png
I support most of this. I'm not sure about the bio options as there are kindhearted people out there who code stuff for people to use for free. As for the poses, no. The idea is good, but it would make accents and skins impossible to do.
I support most of this. I'm not sure about the bio options as there are kindhearted people out there who code stuff for people to use for free. As for the poses, no. The idea is good, but it would make accents and skins impossible to do.
On between 8-22 server time. If I don't respond, I'm asleep! XD
brewing.png
tumblr_onwju7SRmm1u8scv6o1_75sq.png My room is so full of books,
you'd need a library card to get in!
I belong to Anti-Socials Anonymous.
So far, we have yet to meet...
Support everything BUT the pose change, as it would interfere with site coding and other controversial topics.

The other ideas I am totally for ^=^
Support everything BUT the pose change, as it would interfere with site coding and other controversial topics.

The other ideas I am totally for ^=^
Poses would actually be harder for the artist, and the coders.

You would have to make adjustments to certain positions because not everything would look right
Poses would actually be harder for the artist, and the coders.

You would have to make adjustments to certain positions because not everything would look right
o9MoOep.png
1. Sure, that would be great.

2. Sorry, but no support. I can see this becoming more of a hassle than a lot of people want, especially if they get comments on 'fodder dragons' or someone gets too excited and comments on nearly every single dragon (I had that happen on FB, a new friend went and liked and commented nearly every single picture I had). Potentially the ability to toggle allowing comments would be good.

3. It would need certain restrictions. For one, absolutely no rewards for likes. This would lead to like farming and problems. For two, only the user who owns the dragon can see the number of likes. For Three, the likes are cleared when/if the dragon leaves your lair. Otherwise I can see people trying to use likes on a dragon to boost the price and making posts about 'like my dragon pls'. Plus the hurt feelings of someone who thinks they have a gorgeous dragon, and they see one they feel is ugly and that dragon has a ton more likes than their dragon. 'liking' a dragon should be done because the person actually likes the dragon, not because it is a 'popular' dragon owned by a popular user. I don't want to see FR turn into a huge popularity contest.

4. I don't really see any harm in this. Could even be good if you could make 'presets' of your own (ie make the coding in a previewer, and then save that coding under a name like 'SubSpecies X' then when coding a bio, just click that name and the code is inserted)

5. PLEASE! I have wanted backgrounds for a LONG time, every other site I have played has them and I LOVE Them, they are usually some of my favorite items.

6. Sorry, no support. This would require redrawing of apparel to fit the various poses and it would make it so that skins/accents no longer worked. It would also be a HUGE task for the artists who would need to redraw each of those poses and make the genes work. This would in turn slow down releasing of new apparel AND breeds (mostly breeds) because there would be so much work involved in creating one breed.
1. Sure, that would be great.

2. Sorry, but no support. I can see this becoming more of a hassle than a lot of people want, especially if they get comments on 'fodder dragons' or someone gets too excited and comments on nearly every single dragon (I had that happen on FB, a new friend went and liked and commented nearly every single picture I had). Potentially the ability to toggle allowing comments would be good.

3. It would need certain restrictions. For one, absolutely no rewards for likes. This would lead to like farming and problems. For two, only the user who owns the dragon can see the number of likes. For Three, the likes are cleared when/if the dragon leaves your lair. Otherwise I can see people trying to use likes on a dragon to boost the price and making posts about 'like my dragon pls'. Plus the hurt feelings of someone who thinks they have a gorgeous dragon, and they see one they feel is ugly and that dragon has a ton more likes than their dragon. 'liking' a dragon should be done because the person actually likes the dragon, not because it is a 'popular' dragon owned by a popular user. I don't want to see FR turn into a huge popularity contest.

4. I don't really see any harm in this. Could even be good if you could make 'presets' of your own (ie make the coding in a previewer, and then save that coding under a name like 'SubSpecies X' then when coding a bio, just click that name and the code is inserted)

5. PLEASE! I have wanted backgrounds for a LONG time, every other site I have played has them and I LOVE Them, they are usually some of my favorite items.

6. Sorry, no support. This would require redrawing of apparel to fit the various poses and it would make it so that skins/accents no longer worked. It would also be a HUGE task for the artists who would need to redraw each of those poses and make the genes work. This would in turn slow down releasing of new apparel AND breeds (mostly breeds) because there would be so much work involved in creating one breed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Additionally to what Jema said I would only support a onsite like feature only if it is toggleable too like with comments on dragons. I'm not too crazy about anonymous likes,comments or whatever on my dragons. I rather have only things shown on their profile that I put there.
Additionally to what Jema said I would only support a onsite like feature only if it is toggleable too like with comments on dragons. I'm not too crazy about anonymous likes,comments or whatever on my dragons. I rather have only things shown on their profile that I put there.
I'm quite neutral on most of the suggestions. It would be nice and neat to know there are others who like my dragons (with likes and comments), but it will not change the way I play and I can see the potential for it to do more harm than good. Then again if it's toggleable I absolutely don't mind having the option. :)

For the last suggestion of pose change, however small, I have to say no support. Mainly because that will render skins and accents useless, which if you haven't noticed, is a huge part of FR's attraction. Having a feature that conflicts with such a major part of the game is not going to work, I'm afraid.
I'm quite neutral on most of the suggestions. It would be nice and neat to know there are others who like my dragons (with likes and comments), but it will not change the way I play and I can see the potential for it to do more harm than good. Then again if it's toggleable I absolutely don't mind having the option. :)

For the last suggestion of pose change, however small, I have to say no support. Mainly because that will render skins and accents useless, which if you haven't noticed, is a huge part of FR's attraction. Having a feature that conflicts with such a major part of the game is not going to work, I'm afraid.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I support 1 and 5.

2: No support; this would make it a bit cluttered and hard to review compliments and other comments that people made on your dragons. I would prefer it if that just sticks to user page and PM.

3: I do not support this either; especially with rewards. This could easily turn into a popularity contest, and it would also give an advantage to those who have friends and family playing; those people could just ask all their friends and family to like all their dragons so they get rewards. No thanks.

Not only that, but people who don't get many likes on their dragons may feel left out. There would be a lot of people bragging about the likes on their dragons, while other people who don't have so many likes could easily feel bad about their own dragons.

And it would also be giving an advantage to those who visit the forums; a lot of people don't, and that makes it so the only way they could get the rewards would be by having their dragons show up as random dragons (Which doesn't happen often) or have friends and family to like them.

This would turn into something completely unintended.

4: While I'm not opposed to it, this seems unneeded as there are many people who make free ones and bio templates aren't required to write lore.

6: This would actually be really hard; this would really screw up the color, gene, apparel, breed and skin/accent system. Think about all the ways you can customize you dragons. This would be pretty much impossible.
I support 1 and 5.

2: No support; this would make it a bit cluttered and hard to review compliments and other comments that people made on your dragons. I would prefer it if that just sticks to user page and PM.

3: I do not support this either; especially with rewards. This could easily turn into a popularity contest, and it would also give an advantage to those who have friends and family playing; those people could just ask all their friends and family to like all their dragons so they get rewards. No thanks.

Not only that, but people who don't get many likes on their dragons may feel left out. There would be a lot of people bragging about the likes on their dragons, while other people who don't have so many likes could easily feel bad about their own dragons.

And it would also be giving an advantage to those who visit the forums; a lot of people don't, and that makes it so the only way they could get the rewards would be by having their dragons show up as random dragons (Which doesn't happen often) or have friends and family to like them.

This would turn into something completely unintended.

4: While I'm not opposed to it, this seems unneeded as there are many people who make free ones and bio templates aren't required to write lore.

6: This would actually be really hard; this would really screw up the color, gene, apparel, breed and skin/accent system. Think about all the ways you can customize you dragons. This would be pretty much impossible.
1 2 3