Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose Swap Scroll
[center][b]Pose Swap Scroll[/b][/center] A scroll that changes the pose of the dragon to that of the opposite gender. This suggestion is a sort of middle ground to the frequently requested 'breed change' scroll. This scroll changes a male dragon to the female lineart, and a female dragon to the male lineart without affecting their gender. Male dragons, while swapped to the female lineart, will still be male. They will still be fathers, and still only be able to breed with females and vice versa. This alleviates the issue with gender scrolls, which is making breeding easier, and is purely an aesthetic change. [center][img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/7f4fcd1b1498f7bb748a15781fefb224/tumblr_inline_odkft2phCv1u2kxe9_540.png[/img] [/center] [quote=Issue #1:]This scroll might cause confusion when people are looking to buy dragons, leading them to buy a female when they wanted a male or vice versa.[/quote] Similar to eternally youthful dragons, pose-swapped dragons could be unable to be sold (but still tradable i believe?) to prevent this. They would become listable in the AH when they are pose swapped back. This solution really depends on how expensive the scrolls are. At the same time there is a gender icon when dragons are sold so double checking the gender might just take some getting used to. I'm not sure how common it would be to see pose swapped dragons on the AH. Another solution would be to have another little symbol to indicate its pose swapped (like, the egg or gender icon) I'm open to criticism and suggestions, of course. Let me know what you think! Apologies if this has been suggested before.
Pose Swap Scroll

A scroll that changes the pose of the dragon to that of the opposite gender. This suggestion is a sort of middle ground to the frequently requested 'breed change' scroll. This scroll changes a male dragon to the female lineart, and a female dragon to the male lineart without affecting their gender. Male dragons, while swapped to the female lineart, will still be male. They will still be fathers, and still only be able to breed with females and vice versa. This alleviates the issue with gender scrolls, which is making breeding easier, and is purely an aesthetic change.
tumblr_inline_odkft2phCv1u2kxe9_540.png

Issue #1: wrote:
This scroll might cause confusion when people are looking to buy dragons, leading them to buy a female when they wanted a male or vice versa.

Similar to eternally youthful dragons, pose-swapped dragons could be unable to be sold (but still tradable i believe?) to prevent this. They would become listable in the AH when they are pose swapped back. This solution really depends on how expensive the scrolls are.

At the same time there is a gender icon when dragons are sold so double checking the gender might just take some getting used to. I'm not sure how common it would be to see pose swapped dragons on the AH. Another solution would be to have another little symbol to indicate its pose swapped (like, the egg or gender icon)

I'm open to criticism and suggestions, of course. Let me know what you think! Apologies if this has been suggested before.
P1hD8rM.pngtumblr_ong8rlPuf31rx0b4wo1_100.pngEZkTzMm.png
Lion | 24 | He/Him
@Projectionist The same suggestion's been made in depth here if you want to take a gander at it.
@Projectionist The same suggestion's been made in depth here if you want to take a gander at it.
@Projectionist

As chespin said, it's already been suggested. I'd recommend sending that OP your mockup, though, it very clearly summarizes the idea.
@Projectionist

As chespin said, it's already been suggested. I'd recommend sending that OP your mockup, though, it very clearly summarizes the idea.
windh4.png