Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Deity Quests for Retired Items
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2016-06-19 10:23:18] People didn't do that for Boolean, or the Imperial scrolls? Why are the sprites so important compared to Kickstarter items? Or even Akirbeak. People don't seem worried about Akirbeak being extinct and yet AKIRBEAK IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN ALL SPRITES BUT ONE And, you didn't need to do anything for Akirbeak. You just had to have an account when the site went down for a few days. That's it. At least, you had to deal with the terrible coli for the sprites. [/quote] Boolean and KS are different cases, because had to pay money in order to get them, unlike the sprites which were free. I'm in favor of bringing back downtime items too, though they aren't mentioned they aren't really as wanted as the sprites from what i assume.
Sopheroo wrote on 2016-06-19:

People didn't do that for Boolean, or the Imperial scrolls? Why are the sprites so important compared to Kickstarter items? Or even Akirbeak. People don't seem worried about Akirbeak being extinct and yet AKIRBEAK IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN ALL SPRITES BUT ONE

And, you didn't need to do anything for Akirbeak. You just had to have an account when the site went down for a few days. That's it. At least, you had to deal with the terrible coli for the sprites.

Boolean and KS are different cases, because had to pay money in order to get them, unlike the sprites which were free.

I'm in favor of bringing back downtime items too, though they aren't mentioned they aren't really as wanted as the sprites from what i assume.
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="LucidDreams" date=2016-06-19 12:32:44] Maybe instead of being guaranteed a Sprite at the end, you'd have a very small, random chance at getting a Sprite along with a cool new guaranteed prize? Or maybe someone has already suggested this. [/quote] I think it was suggested for all the retired holiday items to be put in the pool so that there wouldn't be a point where all these sprites would flood the market. Maybe all the 2013 prizes would be marked off to only one per user, also? So someone couldn't roll in Boneyard Tatters or something lol
LucidDreams wrote on 2016-06-19:
Maybe instead of being guaranteed a Sprite at the end, you'd have a very small, random chance at getting a Sprite along with a cool new guaranteed prize? Or maybe someone has already suggested this.

I think it was suggested for all the retired holiday items to be put in the pool so that there wouldn't be a point where all these sprites would flood the market. Maybe all the 2013 prizes would be marked off to only one per user, also? So someone couldn't roll in Boneyard Tatters or something lol
sig-145.png
url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2228365/1]UM/ Festival Accents for Sale Here![/url]
[quote name="McAlli" date=2016-06-19 10:12:45] You [i]haven't[/i] invested in anything though. Like, be real. The real value of a Sprite or any item at all is $0. If you've put money into FR at all, you've just paid the Admins. You haven't invested in anything. There is no value in these items that's going to come back to you in any non-virtual way.[/quote] I [i]invested [/i]time. [i]No one[/i] is talking about getting real money out of it but you, whether or not real money was ever involved at all, but it is a fantastic way to make treasure and gems. For someone so fixated on how unobtainable certain items are and how hard it is to make gems/treasure you might want to try investing sometime rather than trying to talk down to anyone who is playing a virtual market. You might find after a few months you can actually afford some of the sprites instead of constantly making these threads. Either by spending time and effort to get the virtual money to buy any retiring or cycling items or, in the case of some people, real money. That's why they call it an investment, you invest something with the expectation of a return. (in this case, a virtual return.) Then hold on to said item for however long you want, and resell it later for fakemonies. This can be done with any item that will, at some point, become unavailable. With cycled items it's up to the player to determine when it is best to sell because it's a bit of a gamble. Retired items are safer because they are gone forever, whether or not everyone can accept that. [quote name="McAlli" date=2016-06-19 10:12:45] So again: Re-releasing retired items is not going to affect people in any real way beyond making them upset that they can't sell something for an atrocious amount of virtual money and losing their bragging rights because they owned this thing. Let's not forget that this is a game. And giving people, especially new players, the ability to have the same shot at items that first-years did, [i]is not a bad thing[/i]. If people are going to keep insisting that Sprites have no affect on gameplay, then they also have to admit that re-releasing them will have no affect on gameplay. :/ Just saying. [/quote] You know, the only ones I ever see talking about people bragging/lording about sprites are people who don't have them and want them for less than they are currently worth. Yes, when someone buys a sprite they celebrate. Not because they are elitist and want to lord their rare item over everyone but because they are proud of their achievement, they put a lot of time and effort into earning an item and they want to talk about it. Loosing a bunch of treasure and gems in future sales effects gameplay. Having 20kg or more disappear from someone's net worth because the admins did something they said they would never do has way more impact than getting an item that will give you a handful of chests and get rid of that grey box in the bestiary. If you don't think loosing a huge chunk of your assets will impact the game at all for someone, I honestly think this discussion is over because we aren't even operating on the same logic. Moreover, for those that purchased gems to buy their sprites, it makes them less likely to do anything like that again and hurts the site itself. They don't loose money, they loose trust. (Well, technically they lost money too because if they hadn't taken the admins at their word and waited they could have gotten their familiars more cheaply.) Even people who have yet to buy gems to get a retired item, are they really going to trust that item will stay retired when the admins have already gone back on their word with other items? Will giving a vocal minority access to something they don't want to pay current worth for counterbalance lost gem purchases somehow? I don't know, honestly.
McAlli wrote on 2016-06-19:
You haven't invested in anything though. Like, be real. The real value of a Sprite or any item at all is $0. If you've put money into FR at all, you've just paid the Admins. You haven't invested in anything. There is no value in these items that's going to come back to you in any non-virtual way.

I invested time.
No one is talking about getting real money out of it but you, whether or not real money was ever involved at all, but it is a fantastic way to make treasure and gems.
For someone so fixated on how unobtainable certain items are and how hard it is to make gems/treasure you might want to try investing sometime rather than trying to talk down to anyone who is playing a virtual market. You might find after a few months you can actually afford some of the sprites instead of constantly making these threads.

Either by spending time and effort to get the virtual money to buy any retiring or cycling items or, in the case of some people, real money. That's why they call it an investment, you invest something with the expectation of a return. (in this case, a virtual return.)
Then hold on to said item for however long you want, and resell it later for fakemonies.
This can be done with any item that will, at some point, become unavailable.
With cycled items it's up to the player to determine when it is best to sell because it's a bit of a gamble. Retired items are safer because they are gone forever, whether or not everyone can accept that.
McAlli wrote on 2016-06-19:
So again: Re-releasing retired items is not going to affect people in any real way beyond making them upset that they can't sell something for an atrocious amount of virtual money and losing their bragging rights because they owned this thing. Let's not forget that this is a game. And giving people, especially new players, the ability to have the same shot at items that first-years did, is not a bad thing.

If people are going to keep insisting that Sprites have no affect on gameplay, then they also have to admit that re-releasing them will have no affect on gameplay. :/ Just saying.

You know, the only ones I ever see talking about people bragging/lording about sprites are people who don't have them and want them for less than they are currently worth. Yes, when someone buys a sprite they celebrate. Not because they are elitist and want to lord their rare item over everyone but because they are proud of their achievement, they put a lot of time and effort into earning an item and they want to talk about it.

Loosing a bunch of treasure and gems in future sales effects gameplay.
Having 20kg or more disappear from someone's net worth because the admins did something they said they would never do has way more impact than getting an item that will give you a handful of chests and get rid of that grey box in the bestiary.
If you don't think loosing a huge chunk of your assets will impact the game at all for someone, I honestly think this discussion is over because we aren't even operating on the same logic.

Moreover, for those that purchased gems to buy their sprites, it makes them less likely to do anything like that again and hurts the site itself. They don't loose money, they loose trust. (Well, technically they lost money too because if they hadn't taken the admins at their word and waited they could have gotten their familiars more cheaply.)
Even people who have yet to buy gems to get a retired item, are they really going to trust that item will stay retired when the admins have already gone back on their word with other items?
Will giving a vocal minority access to something they don't want to pay current worth for counterbalance lost gem purchases somehow? I don't know, honestly.
[quote name="@Silverishness" date=2016-06-19 12:41:16] [quote name="@LucidDreams" date=2016-06-19 12:32:44] Maybe instead of being guaranteed a Sprite at the end, you'd have a very small, random chance at getting a Sprite along with a cool new guaranteed prize? Or maybe someone has already suggested this. [/quote] I think it was suggested for all the retired holiday items to be put in the pool so that there wouldn't be a point where all these sprites would flood the market. Maybe all the 2013 prizes would be marked off to only one per user, also? So someone couldn't roll in Boneyard Tatters or something lol [/quote] Yes! One of the suggested changes was for there to be a "Reward Pool" containing all the retired Holiday items as well as some items unique to the Quest. Items such as the Sprites/first year apparel would be more heavily weighted so that they they are not likely to be the prize acquired on the first playthrough of the Quest. The Pool would only contain ONE of each item, meaning a player could only get [i]one [/i]Light Sprite, [i]one [/i]Sunchaser Jewelry, etc, from the Lightweaver's Questline. No repeats. Keep in mind that each Deity will have their own Quest, their own pool, meaning that to get everything from every holiday, one would have to devote a lot of time and a lot of treasure. That way, players can play for keeps of their single item, or go and buy extras from older players who have the benefit of having extras from before. ~~ @Ankokou I kind of understand where you're coming from -- I don't think I'm completely understanding everything -- but I still don't think that this suggestion is a bad idea, or undercuts the people who have already worked hard or gone so far as to spend real money on gems. I just prefer the idea of letting people get the things that are unavailable to them without having to fight an ever inflating market that constantly makes things more and more difficult to obtain. I apologize if I've said anything in such a way that has upset you. I'm not good at reading tone or projecting mine in text very well.
@Silverishness wrote on 2016-06-19:
@LucidDreams wrote on 2016-06-19:
Maybe instead of being guaranteed a Sprite at the end, you'd have a very small, random chance at getting a Sprite along with a cool new guaranteed prize? Or maybe someone has already suggested this.

I think it was suggested for all the retired holiday items to be put in the pool so that there wouldn't be a point where all these sprites would flood the market. Maybe all the 2013 prizes would be marked off to only one per user, also? So someone couldn't roll in Boneyard Tatters or something lol

Yes! One of the suggested changes was for there to be a "Reward Pool" containing all the retired Holiday items as well as some items unique to the Quest. Items such as the Sprites/first year apparel would be more heavily weighted so that they they are not likely to be the prize acquired on the first playthrough of the Quest. The Pool would only contain ONE of each item, meaning a player could only get one Light Sprite, one Sunchaser Jewelry, etc, from the Lightweaver's Questline. No repeats. Keep in mind that each Deity will have their own Quest, their own pool, meaning that to get everything from every holiday, one would have to devote a lot of time and a lot of treasure.

That way, players can play for keeps of their single item, or go and buy extras from older players who have the benefit of having extras from before.

~~

@Ankokou

I kind of understand where you're coming from -- I don't think I'm completely understanding everything -- but I still don't think that this suggestion is a bad idea, or undercuts the people who have already worked hard or gone so far as to spend real money on gems. I just prefer the idea of letting people get the things that are unavailable to them without having to fight an ever inflating market that constantly makes things more and more difficult to obtain.

I apologize if I've said anything in such a way that has upset you. I'm not good at reading tone or projecting mine in text very well.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@McAlli
I'm not always very good at explaining things either, or conveying tone in text, so I do want to make it clear I think you have a really awesome concept. It's just the whole sprites thing.

I love the idea and I think it would be a great way to introduce some new amazing thing that everyone could work hard towards and be proud of without impacting what anyone else has already done.
@McAlli
I'm not always very good at explaining things either, or conveying tone in text, so I do want to make it clear I think you have a really awesome concept. It's just the whole sprites thing.

I love the idea and I think it would be a great way to introduce some new amazing thing that everyone could work hard towards and be proud of without impacting what anyone else has already done.
@Ankokou

My original idea only had the Sprites as a single prize, but the idea is much better with a large pool of items. Not only because then, with the Sprites in that pool, they require the effort of completing the quest many times over and therefore even out the value vs effort of acquisition -- but because it opens up the door for a lot of Flight/Deity themed items, which I'm a total sucker for. For as long an tedious as I want the Quest to be -- to be worth the rewards of retired items, for example -- then there have to be rewards that actually make all that work worthwhile. The Sprites, for example, already have a value in popularity whereas new items may be met with ambivalence. I think a mix of old and new would be most efficient.

If players are still spending millions in treasure sinks, then I don't think the market would be too negatively affected. I don't believe that the Quest would invalidate the work people have already put in -- especially since people who have already put the work in would have access to this pool of items, allowing them to sell off extras. Even with a wider market, if the trickle of Sprites in particular is slow enough (and if the idea is executed as it is now structured in my head, it should be?), then there shouldn't be too much of a negative affect. Adding in a single item with possible months and months between them wouldn't cause a crash, I don't think. But then again, you can never predict how user-run spaces will respond. :/
@Ankokou

My original idea only had the Sprites as a single prize, but the idea is much better with a large pool of items. Not only because then, with the Sprites in that pool, they require the effort of completing the quest many times over and therefore even out the value vs effort of acquisition -- but because it opens up the door for a lot of Flight/Deity themed items, which I'm a total sucker for. For as long an tedious as I want the Quest to be -- to be worth the rewards of retired items, for example -- then there have to be rewards that actually make all that work worthwhile. The Sprites, for example, already have a value in popularity whereas new items may be met with ambivalence. I think a mix of old and new would be most efficient.

If players are still spending millions in treasure sinks, then I don't think the market would be too negatively affected. I don't believe that the Quest would invalidate the work people have already put in -- especially since people who have already put the work in would have access to this pool of items, allowing them to sell off extras. Even with a wider market, if the trickle of Sprites in particular is slow enough (and if the idea is executed as it is now structured in my head, it should be?), then there shouldn't be too much of a negative affect. Adding in a single item with possible months and months between them wouldn't cause a crash, I don't think. But then again, you can never predict how user-run spaces will respond. :/
I LOVE this idea! I remember realizing just after I joined that I was never going to be able to get my hands on my flight's Sprite unless I lucked into one through blind chance in a raffle - I'd never wish that sad, sinking feeling on other new players. This is a wonderful way to turn that around and give everyone a shot! And it sounds like it'd be fun, too, so win/win.

I especially love the idea of including festival apparel, because there are a couple of other things I've resigned myself to never having but would dearly love to stick on a dragon.

Thank you for making this suggestion - support from me!
I LOVE this idea! I remember realizing just after I joined that I was never going to be able to get my hands on my flight's Sprite unless I lucked into one through blind chance in a raffle - I'd never wish that sad, sinking feeling on other new players. This is a wonderful way to turn that around and give everyone a shot! And it sounds like it'd be fun, too, so win/win.

I especially love the idea of including festival apparel, because there are a couple of other things I've resigned myself to never having but would dearly love to stick on a dragon.

Thank you for making this suggestion - support from me!
z9bVpPy.png
@McAlli
I love this idea! Sprites should be more widely available I think, and this seems like a good way to make that happen!

Maybe though, to limit the amount of prizes being generated from the quests, you could only embark on a Flight's quest once a year (for a total of 11 possible quests a year) and only if you are not currently questing? Perhaps only being able to start a Flight's quest during its Festival or Festival month. (This would mostly be good to stop people from spamming the Light quest over and over trying to get a Light Sprite to drop from it.)

Of course, this would just be when you could START, you wouldn't need to complete it within the month, but even if you did you couldn't go on the same one again the same year.

(I.E. It is the Brightshine Jubilee, and I am not on a Quest. I can now begin the Light quest. I have as long as I like to do it, but finish before the end of the Festival. I am unable to embark on the Light quest again, but will be able to start the Lightning quest next month.)

This would make it quite difficult to get your desired item though, if all the Fest items each year are added to the prize pool. Not sure if that's a positive or negative thing, though.
@McAlli
I love this idea! Sprites should be more widely available I think, and this seems like a good way to make that happen!

Maybe though, to limit the amount of prizes being generated from the quests, you could only embark on a Flight's quest once a year (for a total of 11 possible quests a year) and only if you are not currently questing? Perhaps only being able to start a Flight's quest during its Festival or Festival month. (This would mostly be good to stop people from spamming the Light quest over and over trying to get a Light Sprite to drop from it.)

Of course, this would just be when you could START, you wouldn't need to complete it within the month, but even if you did you couldn't go on the same one again the same year.

(I.E. It is the Brightshine Jubilee, and I am not on a Quest. I can now begin the Light quest. I have as long as I like to do it, but finish before the end of the Festival. I am unable to embark on the Light quest again, but will be able to start the Lightning quest next month.)

This would make it quite difficult to get your desired item though, if all the Fest items each year are added to the prize pool. Not sure if that's a positive or negative thing, though.
@Choccie

Thanks for your feedback!

I don't know if I like the idea of making it so players can only complete a specific Flight Quest once in a year. If you were only able to play a quest once a year, and there are retired holiday items added each year, then you could never catch up and never be "finished". Especially since parts of the Quest may take months to do in and of itself. The gathering of high tier items would be like the Green Throated Skinks needed to create the Conjoined Skink Familiar at Baldwin -- it took me literally 8 months to get 10 Skinks. And that's cos I was stubborn and refused to buy them off the AH -- I'm sure other people just went for the AH instead.

Even if a player just spams the Quest of the Sunbeam Ruins, they can only pull so many items out of the Reward Pool. Once a person gets their Light Sprite, that's it. There's no more Light Sprite in their pool. And depending on how many things are in the Light pool (if we add all the retired stuff now it would be at least 5 items, not including possible skins and unique new items added), getting that Sprite could take upwards of a year on its own. The Quest is supposed to be as rigorous and time consuming as possible without being completely unfair, so locking a Flight for a whole year seems like it would be an unfair -- and anyone who has ever dealt with "Wait-to-Play" games hates them and I don't want the Deity Quest to be that lol.
@Choccie

Thanks for your feedback!

I don't know if I like the idea of making it so players can only complete a specific Flight Quest once in a year. If you were only able to play a quest once a year, and there are retired holiday items added each year, then you could never catch up and never be "finished". Especially since parts of the Quest may take months to do in and of itself. The gathering of high tier items would be like the Green Throated Skinks needed to create the Conjoined Skink Familiar at Baldwin -- it took me literally 8 months to get 10 Skinks. And that's cos I was stubborn and refused to buy them off the AH -- I'm sure other people just went for the AH instead.

Even if a player just spams the Quest of the Sunbeam Ruins, they can only pull so many items out of the Reward Pool. Once a person gets their Light Sprite, that's it. There's no more Light Sprite in their pool. And depending on how many things are in the Light pool (if we add all the retired stuff now it would be at least 5 items, not including possible skins and unique new items added), getting that Sprite could take upwards of a year on its own. The Quest is supposed to be as rigorous and time consuming as possible without being completely unfair, so locking a Flight for a whole year seems like it would be an unfair -- and anyone who has ever dealt with "Wait-to-Play" games hates them and I don't want the Deity Quest to be that lol.
@Danaidae [quote]Part 1. A Sprite that matches your flight would be terrible, Light Flight would overload with the amount of people switching to that flight. If more people go to Light for a Light Sprite, more people have the chance to win it therefore adding more to the pool. This could upset the balance resulting in some underpopulated flights having a higher value Sprite. Then people would switch to that flight and crash it there, too.[/quote] The Sprite you get doesn't correspond to what Flight you're part of, it corresponds to which section of the map you're Questing in at the time. Your adventuring team exploring and questing in the Sunbeam Ruins is what determines you getting a Light Sprite. Plus the number of items in the pool would prevent the Sprites from being pulled out in bulk. A possibility is that the Quest is a smidge easier for the Flight you're currently in, but I agree that's probably a bad idea as it may encourage people to switch Flights. [quote]Part 2. 90,000 treasure is 0.2% the cost of a Light Sprite (Or, about ~3% of the others). This is entirely too low for the risk involved. I would support a deposit of 5-6mil, especially since your instruction appear to guarantee a reward if you grind consistently.[/quote] 90kt was only my suggestion in the beginning. My idea has morphed a bit to include a possible multitude of treasure sinks along the course of the Quest. The tally should end up being very high, especially since people will have to Quest in each of the 11 regions multiple times. I agree that 90kt was not enough in total lol. [quote]Part 3. Another grinding which could easily be done with a new stat guide. This would be interesting if it tied into other ideas such as Emperors or a special breed.[/quote] This would be an interesting thing! I can't imagine people abandoning the Culex guide for Coli-Grinding, but Adventure Mode could be very different from what we currently have. I hadn't thought about Emperors, and I'm not sure how they would be included. [quote]Part 4. Please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand, every person who completes this quest, with a few days of grinding and a day's worth of treasure, wins a Sprite? There are 2500/235,000 people online at any given time. Say they all win a Sprite. That's 2,500 Sprites added to the economy, I'm certain a majority will be the coveted Light Sprite, which is guaranteed to crash the market and make them completely worthless.[/quote] Sorry if my post isn't clear, but no! This Quest [i]shouldn't [/i]take just a few days. Between the multiple tiers of grinding, item sinks, treasure sinks, fetch quests, trivia/riddles quests, gathering/Baldwin quests on top of a pool of items means that players have to sink a lot of time and effort into a Quest to have a chance at a Sprite. For example: Gathering quests that require high tier items either require a player to gather day after day (it took me like 8 months to get enough Skinks for the Baldwin Familiar, or however long it's been out now lol) or to buy materials off the AH from other players. For the most part, people will wait to get the items for free, I think, and so it could take months to get the random plant food that the dragon blocking your way wants. In the beginning, my idea was that there would be a single rigorous quest that resulted in a Sprite. After some suggestions, the better idea is to have a Reward Pool that the Deity randomly selects from to reward you for completing the quest. The pool would contain Sprites, Retired Holiday Items, possibly skins and accents, and then unique items designed specifically for the quests -- all themed after the Deity you're currently questing in. The Sprites would be weighted heavily, meaning that they're not likely to be pulled out of the pool on the first Quest run. That change grows as you repeat that quest -- going through all those time, item, and treasure sinks again. Each pool only has one of each item per player, so the Deity would not give you any repeats -- meaning everyone could only get one Sprite after possibly playing through that Quest four, five, six times. I think that's a proper amount of effort and money to be sunk into something for a reward like that. I think it could work if it was done well. It need to be long, it needs to be difficult, it needs to cost a lot of time and a lot of money. But it also needs to be engaging and interesting and actually fun to play, with rewards that actually make all that effort and money worthwhile. Which is why I suggest both Retired Items and new items. The retired stuff is interesting for players new and old, whereas the new items may be more interesting for those who already own the retired stuff. It also gives new players a window into getting hold of old stuff so long as they're willing and capable of working for it. Please let me know if anything is still unclear! Thanks for your feedback!
@Danaidae
Quote:
Part 1. A Sprite that matches your flight would be terrible, Light Flight would overload with the amount of people switching to that flight. If more people go to Light for a Light Sprite, more people have the chance to win it therefore adding more to the pool. This could upset the balance resulting in some underpopulated flights having a higher value Sprite. Then people would switch to that flight and crash it there, too.

The Sprite you get doesn't correspond to what Flight you're part of, it corresponds to which section of the map you're Questing in at the time. Your adventuring team exploring and questing in the Sunbeam Ruins is what determines you getting a Light Sprite. Plus the number of items in the pool would prevent the Sprites from being pulled out in bulk.

A possibility is that the Quest is a smidge easier for the Flight you're currently in, but I agree that's probably a bad idea as it may encourage people to switch Flights.
Quote:
Part 2. 90,000 treasure is 0.2% the cost of a Light Sprite (Or, about ~3% of the others). This is entirely too low for the risk involved. I would support a deposit of 5-6mil, especially since your instruction appear to guarantee a reward if you grind consistently.

90kt was only my suggestion in the beginning. My idea has morphed a bit to include a possible multitude of treasure sinks along the course of the Quest. The tally should end up being very high, especially since people will have to Quest in each of the 11 regions multiple times. I agree that 90kt was not enough in total lol.
Quote:
Part 3. Another grinding which could easily be done with a new stat guide. This would be interesting if it tied into other ideas such as Emperors or a special breed.

This would be an interesting thing! I can't imagine people abandoning the Culex guide for Coli-Grinding, but Adventure Mode could be very different from what we currently have. I hadn't thought about Emperors, and I'm not sure how they would be included.
Quote:
Part 4. Please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand, every person who completes this quest, with a few days of grinding and a day's worth of treasure, wins a Sprite? There are 2500/235,000 people online at any given time. Say they all win a Sprite. That's 2,500 Sprites added to the economy, I'm certain a majority will be the coveted Light Sprite, which is guaranteed to crash the market and make them completely worthless.

Sorry if my post isn't clear, but no!

This Quest shouldn't take just a few days. Between the multiple tiers of grinding, item sinks, treasure sinks, fetch quests, trivia/riddles quests, gathering/Baldwin quests on top of a pool of items means that players have to sink a lot of time and effort into a Quest to have a chance at a Sprite.

For example: Gathering quests that require high tier items either require a player to gather day after day (it took me like 8 months to get enough Skinks for the Baldwin Familiar, or however long it's been out now lol) or to buy materials off the AH from other players. For the most part, people will wait to get the items for free, I think, and so it could take months to get the random plant food that the dragon blocking your way wants.

In the beginning, my idea was that there would be a single rigorous quest that resulted in a Sprite. After some suggestions, the better idea is to have a Reward Pool that the Deity randomly selects from to reward you for completing the quest. The pool would contain Sprites, Retired Holiday Items, possibly skins and accents, and then unique items designed specifically for the quests -- all themed after the Deity you're currently questing in. The Sprites would be weighted heavily, meaning that they're not likely to be pulled out of the pool on the first Quest run. That change grows as you repeat that quest -- going through all those time, item, and treasure sinks again. Each pool only has one of each item per player, so the Deity would not give you any repeats -- meaning everyone could only get one Sprite after possibly playing through that Quest four, five, six times. I think that's a proper amount of effort and money to be sunk into something for a reward like that.

I think it could work if it was done well. It need to be long, it needs to be difficult, it needs to cost a lot of time and a lot of money. But it also needs to be engaging and interesting and actually fun to play, with rewards that actually make all that effort and money worthwhile. Which is why I suggest both Retired Items and new items. The retired stuff is interesting for players new and old, whereas the new items may be more interesting for those who already own the retired stuff. It also gives new players a window into getting hold of old stuff so long as they're willing and capable of working for it.

Please let me know if anything is still unclear! Thanks for your feedback!

1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29