Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Deity Quests for Retired Items
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
As someone who literally just bought a Plague Sprite this morning for 2.8 million treasure (only missing Light and Fire now!), I just wanted to pop in and say that I wouldn't be surprised if the Sprite recolors/Nymphs lower the prices of the original Sprites. Plague Sprite hasn't been below 3.5 million or so for a long time now. That's why I never bought it before. I've never managed to save up more than 3 million treasure before something else comes out that I need to buy. But because of the release of the Nymphs this past Sunday, I thought I'd check out the price of the Plague Sprite just for kicks, since I was almost at 2 million treasure. I couldn't believe how many were going for less than 3 million! I think this may be because their value is lessened now that the Flower Nymph can be obtained as a pseudo-duplicate.

Secondly, I'm kind of on the fence about this whole matter. While I do think that the fact that there are unobtainable familiar slots in the bestiary is unfair, I respect the "elitism" of older items costing more. (And that's not because I joined in July 2013. I didn't start playing the game actively until December 2014, so I missed out on all the first year stuff.) In any collection, older items are worth more and are more sought after. I'm an active collector of Archie comic books, particularly the original Betty and Veronica series. Do you think I'm ever going to get a Betty and Veronica #1? They cost thousands of dollars because they are so old (printed in 1950) and hard to find. Do I want all the issues? Sure. But it's not going to happen. Same here.

But I do think that there should be recolors of all the unobtainable familiars. Same art, too, just different colors, like with the Sprites. That way, people who love a particular art can have one of the duplicates. Make a duplicate Bone Fiend or the like, with a different name. I've long given up on ever having a Light Sprite, but I really don't care now, since I can have the Bubble Nymph. This is my opinion of the best solution, since it keeps the elitists quiet about saving for so long or joining so long ago, and it also makes every familiar artwork available to every player. This is similar to reprinting the stories in old comic books so everyone can read the stories but not devalue the actual original copy.
As someone who literally just bought a Plague Sprite this morning for 2.8 million treasure (only missing Light and Fire now!), I just wanted to pop in and say that I wouldn't be surprised if the Sprite recolors/Nymphs lower the prices of the original Sprites. Plague Sprite hasn't been below 3.5 million or so for a long time now. That's why I never bought it before. I've never managed to save up more than 3 million treasure before something else comes out that I need to buy. But because of the release of the Nymphs this past Sunday, I thought I'd check out the price of the Plague Sprite just for kicks, since I was almost at 2 million treasure. I couldn't believe how many were going for less than 3 million! I think this may be because their value is lessened now that the Flower Nymph can be obtained as a pseudo-duplicate.

Secondly, I'm kind of on the fence about this whole matter. While I do think that the fact that there are unobtainable familiar slots in the bestiary is unfair, I respect the "elitism" of older items costing more. (And that's not because I joined in July 2013. I didn't start playing the game actively until December 2014, so I missed out on all the first year stuff.) In any collection, older items are worth more and are more sought after. I'm an active collector of Archie comic books, particularly the original Betty and Veronica series. Do you think I'm ever going to get a Betty and Veronica #1? They cost thousands of dollars because they are so old (printed in 1950) and hard to find. Do I want all the issues? Sure. But it's not going to happen. Same here.

But I do think that there should be recolors of all the unobtainable familiars. Same art, too, just different colors, like with the Sprites. That way, people who love a particular art can have one of the duplicates. Make a duplicate Bone Fiend or the like, with a different name. I've long given up on ever having a Light Sprite, but I really don't care now, since I can have the Bubble Nymph. This is my opinion of the best solution, since it keeps the elitists quiet about saving for so long or joining so long ago, and it also makes every familiar artwork available to every player. This is similar to reprinting the stories in old comic books so everyone can read the stories but not devalue the actual original copy.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
[quote]Admins could do a poll[/quote] TBH, I'd rather not see a poll because every poll FR has done has created drama. And with the exception of the "Which comes first, Crystal/Facet or Bar/Daub" poll, every single poll has created A LOT of drama and unhappy players.
Quote:
Admins could do a poll
TBH, I'd rather not see a poll because every poll FR has done has created drama. And with the exception of the "Which comes first, Crystal/Facet or Bar/Daub" poll, every single poll has created A LOT of drama and unhappy players.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I found this thread about a week ago and now have read every response. I'll just chime in with a support for this fun idea and would like to add a couple of suggestions c:

So, skins. I don't think these are something that is going to catch the attention of everyone. I also personally think that it would be pretty harmful if they were added to the prize pool because the size of it will balloon enough that the chance of scoring a retired item or a new piece of apparel will be pretty low, which would lead to a lot of unhappiness. Therefore, I'd like to propose a way to acquire a previous festival's skin or accent during the questing period. Of course, it will require extra effort in the form of a separate task, but it should also be optional, since not everyone will want a skin anyway. Here's sort of what I picture:

Let's say that I'm at the part where I've got to impress the guards. Guards give me the quest needed to pass, and then I accept the quest. Guards could be like "While you're at it, it would be helpful if you could [insert task here, like slay x numbers of boss enemies or bring x item]. Doing this will reward you with [insert skin here]." I think that you should be able to know which skin or accent you'll be working towards, because there is a really large pool of skins, so it'd be kind of cruel if the reward was up to the mercy of the RNG when so many other things already are. These skin/accent tasks should be more difficult than the task that you were initially assigned, since you're guaranteed an immediate reward and you know exactly what the reward is going to be.

I'd also like to suggest something about the chances of the reward pool. Many players on this thread have stated that they're iffy about the prize pool because they could just pull something out that they already have when they were simply after the new items, despite the fact that they could just sell their doubles. What I propose is this: you're much more likely to get all of the new stuff before getting any of the retired stuff. So let's say I've completed this quest multiple times, and when I've completed it again, there are three items left in the pool. Two of them are new things, the other is the sprite. This is an example percentage, but I'm 90% likely to get a new item (so 45% chance to get item x and 45% chance to get item y) but only 10% likely to pull out the sprite. Many of the newer players, me included, would play the quests mostly for the retired items, and the new items that they'd likely receive are rewards that they've earned along their journey to reach the ultimate goal. For the older players who are more interested in the new items instead of a profit they could make off of the old, they'd be able to accomplish that without extra headache involved. And if they choose to, they could get a bonus by embarking again on the quest to fetch that sprite, which they could sell and make a profit with.

Of course, my suggestions probably may need tweaking or might just be horrible ideas to begin with. But either way, I think that that the whole questing thing is an amazing idea and is the most well-thought out one that I've found in a while. It'd give people more incentive to play the actual game and it also provides an alternate way to achieve retired items. Besides, the amount of effort involved in these quests seems equal to or more than the amount of effort needed to save up money to buy the sprites from other players. So once again, support!
I found this thread about a week ago and now have read every response. I'll just chime in with a support for this fun idea and would like to add a couple of suggestions c:

So, skins. I don't think these are something that is going to catch the attention of everyone. I also personally think that it would be pretty harmful if they were added to the prize pool because the size of it will balloon enough that the chance of scoring a retired item or a new piece of apparel will be pretty low, which would lead to a lot of unhappiness. Therefore, I'd like to propose a way to acquire a previous festival's skin or accent during the questing period. Of course, it will require extra effort in the form of a separate task, but it should also be optional, since not everyone will want a skin anyway. Here's sort of what I picture:

Let's say that I'm at the part where I've got to impress the guards. Guards give me the quest needed to pass, and then I accept the quest. Guards could be like "While you're at it, it would be helpful if you could [insert task here, like slay x numbers of boss enemies or bring x item]. Doing this will reward you with [insert skin here]." I think that you should be able to know which skin or accent you'll be working towards, because there is a really large pool of skins, so it'd be kind of cruel if the reward was up to the mercy of the RNG when so many other things already are. These skin/accent tasks should be more difficult than the task that you were initially assigned, since you're guaranteed an immediate reward and you know exactly what the reward is going to be.

I'd also like to suggest something about the chances of the reward pool. Many players on this thread have stated that they're iffy about the prize pool because they could just pull something out that they already have when they were simply after the new items, despite the fact that they could just sell their doubles. What I propose is this: you're much more likely to get all of the new stuff before getting any of the retired stuff. So let's say I've completed this quest multiple times, and when I've completed it again, there are three items left in the pool. Two of them are new things, the other is the sprite. This is an example percentage, but I'm 90% likely to get a new item (so 45% chance to get item x and 45% chance to get item y) but only 10% likely to pull out the sprite. Many of the newer players, me included, would play the quests mostly for the retired items, and the new items that they'd likely receive are rewards that they've earned along their journey to reach the ultimate goal. For the older players who are more interested in the new items instead of a profit they could make off of the old, they'd be able to accomplish that without extra headache involved. And if they choose to, they could get a bonus by embarking again on the quest to fetch that sprite, which they could sell and make a profit with.

Of course, my suggestions probably may need tweaking or might just be horrible ideas to begin with. But either way, I think that that the whole questing thing is an amazing idea and is the most well-thought out one that I've found in a while. It'd give people more incentive to play the actual game and it also provides an alternate way to achieve retired items. Besides, the amount of effort involved in these quests seems equal to or more than the amount of effort needed to save up money to buy the sprites from other players. So once again, support!
Please ping me if you find yourself in need of my attention. If not, chances are I'm not going to be aware that I have a response. Enjoy the rest of your hopefully lovely day c:
To me it's kinda useless to compare irl limited items vs pixel ones. Like using your example that comic book, you can hold it, display it and read trough it. while i can't hold a sprite. I can display it sure but unless someone goes looking trough my bestiary or my dragons nobody would know i even own one.

More importantly if you buy that comic book, it's yours. Whatever we buy here on FR doesn't really belong to us. It evens says so in the TOU, initally we are just paying a lot of money to borrow these things.

Don't get me wrong i'm very happy with the recolors they are stunning and since they introduced the mimic bears we've been asking for more recolored fest familiars. But they still only serve as a band aid, as nice as the blue light sprite and the light themed water sprite are, they're not going to fit with my light rep (and I'm already using something else so please don't get cheeky with me suggest to do so >>)

And same goes for the apparel, the prismatic crystal hide recolor won't fit with people who would like to have a crystal hide for their brown dragons.

As for the completion argument, I've said it a 100 times and I'll say it a 100 times more, people have different ideas on what they consider a complete bestiary. Besides from what I've seen many people don't even count boolean and the ks familiars as having towards a complete bestiary anyways. But that argument also leaves out people who aren't interested in the familiars/care about bestiary completion but are seeking a specific skin or apparel item. Which as I mentioned a recolor won't do the trick.

To me this sounds like a good middle way, so i'll still support it XD

To me it's kinda useless to compare irl limited items vs pixel ones. Like using your example that comic book, you can hold it, display it and read trough it. while i can't hold a sprite. I can display it sure but unless someone goes looking trough my bestiary or my dragons nobody would know i even own one.

More importantly if you buy that comic book, it's yours. Whatever we buy here on FR doesn't really belong to us. It evens says so in the TOU, initally we are just paying a lot of money to borrow these things.

Don't get me wrong i'm very happy with the recolors they are stunning and since they introduced the mimic bears we've been asking for more recolored fest familiars. But they still only serve as a band aid, as nice as the blue light sprite and the light themed water sprite are, they're not going to fit with my light rep (and I'm already using something else so please don't get cheeky with me suggest to do so >>)

And same goes for the apparel, the prismatic crystal hide recolor won't fit with people who would like to have a crystal hide for their brown dragons.

As for the completion argument, I've said it a 100 times and I'll say it a 100 times more, people have different ideas on what they consider a complete bestiary. Besides from what I've seen many people don't even count boolean and the ks familiars as having towards a complete bestiary anyways. But that argument also leaves out people who aren't interested in the familiars/care about bestiary completion but are seeking a specific skin or apparel item. Which as I mentioned a recolor won't do the trick.

To me this sounds like a good middle way, so i'll still support it XD

DVcXRyP.png
@Apocalyptichorse
I totally agree with what you said about using real money and about real-life objects. I think it is foolish to use real money on here. It isn't an actual object, it's a pixelated image! I have never bought anything for real money on this site, nor will I ever. I was just comparing here to my comic book collection as far as the "elitism" of rarity goes. And I also totally see your (and others') argument about wanting the original to match lair colors and/or lore. I do think it's unfair that people in Light who want every familiar related to their flight lose out. People in Nature will always have the cheapest festival familiars, and people in Light will always have to shell out the most treasure/gems, just because of when the festival falls in the calendar year.

I'm glad you support my recolor idea, though. I really don't see how else to solve this with the least amount of angry players besides making recolors of all the rare ones or making a second edition of all the rare ones. I also get what you said about a "complete" bestiary. As of now, my bestiary is "complete" in my mind, minus the Fire Sprite, which is the only Sprite I don't have that I missed out on while actually a member here. The others that I'm missing are impossible dreams that will never happen. Which is why it would be nice to have a recolor/second edition of those ones.
@Apocalyptichorse
I totally agree with what you said about using real money and about real-life objects. I think it is foolish to use real money on here. It isn't an actual object, it's a pixelated image! I have never bought anything for real money on this site, nor will I ever. I was just comparing here to my comic book collection as far as the "elitism" of rarity goes. And I also totally see your (and others') argument about wanting the original to match lair colors and/or lore. I do think it's unfair that people in Light who want every familiar related to their flight lose out. People in Nature will always have the cheapest festival familiars, and people in Light will always have to shell out the most treasure/gems, just because of when the festival falls in the calendar year.

I'm glad you support my recolor idea, though. I really don't see how else to solve this with the least amount of angry players besides making recolors of all the rare ones or making a second edition of all the rare ones. I also get what you said about a "complete" bestiary. As of now, my bestiary is "complete" in my mind, minus the Fire Sprite, which is the only Sprite I don't have that I missed out on while actually a member here. The others that I'm missing are impossible dreams that will never happen. Which is why it would be nice to have a recolor/second edition of those ones.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
I'm very interested in this and fully support! I barely managed to score a Nature and Water Sprite at like what, 80k roughly before their prices skyrocketed. It's disheartening to see that, even as an experienced player seeing that many zeros is well...a little sickening considering that the LAH price for a Light Sprite alone is 38.45kg that's over $300! That's insane to me that pixels are considered that much rl money! Regardless of how you obtain it that is crazy.

Granted some of the 'later' ones are cheaper but still!

I like a challenge, give something that makes me want to return! Lately I've been mindlessly feeding, gathering and brewing and that's really it! That's boring and there's not much to spice it up. Fairgrounds is nice but is tedious. Coli is the same way, can only handle so much grinding in the slim hope of winning an exclusive prize. I'm trying to hunt for Soft Pink silks for a spoiled Imp but have had no luck after desecrating the natural population. It makes one want to give up and settle for something easier on the arm/wrist.

I love the idea of working towards a goal of a shiny Sprite or what ever may pop up. Because there is an end goal that you work towards it's not just; make sure you don't go without feeding these guys for three days. That makes my attention to the site at minimum five minutes once I've done the dailies....now what? Coli? Fairgrounds?

Now I do have a level 25 project I'm striving for by October because the dragon is halloween-y but I've been lagging out on it because it's getting tougher. Though it does make me smile seeing him survive a single scratch for once!
I'm very interested in this and fully support! I barely managed to score a Nature and Water Sprite at like what, 80k roughly before their prices skyrocketed. It's disheartening to see that, even as an experienced player seeing that many zeros is well...a little sickening considering that the LAH price for a Light Sprite alone is 38.45kg that's over $300! That's insane to me that pixels are considered that much rl money! Regardless of how you obtain it that is crazy.

Granted some of the 'later' ones are cheaper but still!

I like a challenge, give something that makes me want to return! Lately I've been mindlessly feeding, gathering and brewing and that's really it! That's boring and there's not much to spice it up. Fairgrounds is nice but is tedious. Coli is the same way, can only handle so much grinding in the slim hope of winning an exclusive prize. I'm trying to hunt for Soft Pink silks for a spoiled Imp but have had no luck after desecrating the natural population. It makes one want to give up and settle for something easier on the arm/wrist.

I love the idea of working towards a goal of a shiny Sprite or what ever may pop up. Because there is an end goal that you work towards it's not just; make sure you don't go without feeding these guys for three days. That makes my attention to the site at minimum five minutes once I've done the dailies....now what? Coli? Fairgrounds?

Now I do have a level 25 project I'm striving for by October because the dragon is halloween-y but I've been lagging out on it because it's getting tougher. Though it does make me smile seeing him survive a single scratch for once!
Z7cgb70.png
@McAlli

I LOVE this idea, theres so many benefits from it.

New/newer players can get a chance to obtain the old/retired items and if you think about it, if people only got 1 of the item, it also will NOT effect the market prices of items. By getting 1, and only 1 of the retired/old items, if you dont have one already, unless your desperate and willing to loose out on your ONLY chance to get said item, e.g. the infamous Light Sprite, you wouldnt want to sell it regardless of how many gems its worth (unless like I said you were desperate for funds).

This idea would also give people more ideas for lores, i know not really a major part of the game but lets face it, people LOVE to give dragons lores and whats better than an adventure in an 'unknown' area doing tasks to prove yourself worthy. It would also add the effect of a 'bigger background' of the realms/deities for people to read and learn about.

The only thing with the tasks, is it would have to be scaled to what you can do, for example, my baldwin is very low, its only level 8 so if i got a task that required me to craft a level 14 item, i wouldnt be able to complete it, so that would have to be addressed as maybe the ability to swap tasks to ones you can do or just be scaled to what you are capable of, other than that, i quite like the idea of having something to aim for while fighting other than just mindlessly battling coli for no apparent reason xD

All im all, a wonderful idea that I for one would LOVE to see incorporated, it would give us more incentives to get dragons leveled up, would even make actually HAVING a level 25 dragon worth the time, effort and sometimes (most times) money.
@McAlli

I LOVE this idea, theres so many benefits from it.

New/newer players can get a chance to obtain the old/retired items and if you think about it, if people only got 1 of the item, it also will NOT effect the market prices of items. By getting 1, and only 1 of the retired/old items, if you dont have one already, unless your desperate and willing to loose out on your ONLY chance to get said item, e.g. the infamous Light Sprite, you wouldnt want to sell it regardless of how many gems its worth (unless like I said you were desperate for funds).

This idea would also give people more ideas for lores, i know not really a major part of the game but lets face it, people LOVE to give dragons lores and whats better than an adventure in an 'unknown' area doing tasks to prove yourself worthy. It would also add the effect of a 'bigger background' of the realms/deities for people to read and learn about.

The only thing with the tasks, is it would have to be scaled to what you can do, for example, my baldwin is very low, its only level 8 so if i got a task that required me to craft a level 14 item, i wouldnt be able to complete it, so that would have to be addressed as maybe the ability to swap tasks to ones you can do or just be scaled to what you are capable of, other than that, i quite like the idea of having something to aim for while fighting other than just mindlessly battling coli for no apparent reason xD

All im all, a wonderful idea that I for one would LOVE to see incorporated, it would give us more incentives to get dragons leveled up, would even make actually HAVING a level 25 dragon worth the time, effort and sometimes (most times) money.
0chBRkd.png
Support. I think if done well with enough difficulty this could work well. Of course people will complain about anything and everything, but it won't flood the market. Only the determined will be able to get the retired fest items (let alone the sprites). And with the increasingly frequent Welcome weeks, I feel it will be able to be done in a way that the price will barely change. There will still be those which will buy from the AH because they don't like coli/like the instant gratification of owning a sprite.
Support. I think if done well with enough difficulty this could work well. Of course people will complain about anything and everything, but it won't flood the market. Only the determined will be able to get the retired fest items (let alone the sprites). And with the increasingly frequent Welcome weeks, I feel it will be able to be done in a way that the price will barely change. There will still be those which will buy from the AH because they don't like coli/like the instant gratification of owning a sprite.
Crow TseXxba.png
Fr Tumblr | Art Blog | Redbubble
Can be found at @ qur0w on most platforms
Oh wow, I really love this idea?

lt'll create great lore and interaction with the site, and be pretty fun to boot!

And of course I'm aware that people can and will create multiple accounts to abuse the system, but quite honestly that's going to happen no matter what. They do it to farm the Golem workshop, they do it to most every venue. It is an ongoing problem but it's something that can only be dealt with by the admins, unfortunately. :(

Besides that particular drawback I could see this being a really fun addition to the adventure mode.
Oh wow, I really love this idea?

lt'll create great lore and interaction with the site, and be pretty fun to boot!

And of course I'm aware that people can and will create multiple accounts to abuse the system, but quite honestly that's going to happen no matter what. They do it to farm the Golem workshop, they do it to most every venue. It is an ongoing problem but it's something that can only be dealt with by the admins, unfortunately. :(

Besides that particular drawback I could see this being a really fun addition to the adventure mode.
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
Support

I love the quest idea in general even if they don't add the retired stuff to it. Having them add the retired items, would be a bonus.
Support

I love the quest idea in general even if they don't add the retired stuff to it. Having them add the retired items, would be a bonus.
Smaller-Coatl-Crack.gif~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Demons Den Links:
Hatchery | Item Shop
Accent Shop | Clan Lore
Gene Goals | Wish List
Mated Pairs | Guide Directory
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~Smaller-Imp.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29