Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar button idea
I really would love to see a very much wanted -collect from familiars- button that lets us receive a list of all we got from every familiar at once instead of having to click on one at a time.
I really would love to see a very much wanted -collect from familiars- button that lets us receive a list of all we got from every familiar at once instead of having to click on one at a time.
I think a bond all button/feature should only be used for already awakened familiars. For any of the un-awakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the un-awakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 un-awakened familiars, for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I would like to see a way to bond your familiars through the bestiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon or another such method.
I think a bond all button/feature should only be used for already awakened familiars. For any of the un-awakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the un-awakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 un-awakened familiars, for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I would like to see a way to bond your familiars through the bestiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon or another such method.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Sorry, no support.

There are several reasons:

1. Lag - familiars have to go through several steps when bonded, reading current bonding status, reading bonding level, upgrading bonding level by one point, determining whether the familiar went up into the next bracket, determining what needs to be out putted, then writing the new level, toggling the status and writing the output. That would create a LOT of lag, even if it were only for familiars attached to dragons. You have 71, that would be 71 operations needed to be done with one click of a button.

2. Lore - it doesn't really make sense from the standpoint of what bonding is. It is one dragon getting to know a familiar (or familiar species). It wouldn't make sense that the familiar would feel more at ease with a dragon that came int oa room, wiggled their talons, said hi, and drop your treasure off at the door.

3. Effort - You can get a LOT of treasure out of bonding. The gilded treasure chests contain a LOT of items and treasure. I opened about 19 of them and some other minor chests and coli packages, and with about 40K treasure on hand I believe, I had enough by the end of that day to get Speckle and Freckle gene scrolls. I paid a dom shop 200,000 treasure for the both of them. Even if my memory is off and I had more treasure on hand, that is still a LOT of treasure for 19 awakened familiars (I had been saving). IMagine getting all those in one day through one click of a button.

Sorry, but bonding with familiars is NOT a required part of the site, it is optional. While I wouldn't mind a more streamlined way to bond individually with familiars attached to dragons and an easier way to change familiars attached, I do not and will not support a one click bonding, nor ways to bond to familiars not attached to dragons.
Sorry, no support.

There are several reasons:

1. Lag - familiars have to go through several steps when bonded, reading current bonding status, reading bonding level, upgrading bonding level by one point, determining whether the familiar went up into the next bracket, determining what needs to be out putted, then writing the new level, toggling the status and writing the output. That would create a LOT of lag, even if it were only for familiars attached to dragons. You have 71, that would be 71 operations needed to be done with one click of a button.

2. Lore - it doesn't really make sense from the standpoint of what bonding is. It is one dragon getting to know a familiar (or familiar species). It wouldn't make sense that the familiar would feel more at ease with a dragon that came int oa room, wiggled their talons, said hi, and drop your treasure off at the door.

3. Effort - You can get a LOT of treasure out of bonding. The gilded treasure chests contain a LOT of items and treasure. I opened about 19 of them and some other minor chests and coli packages, and with about 40K treasure on hand I believe, I had enough by the end of that day to get Speckle and Freckle gene scrolls. I paid a dom shop 200,000 treasure for the both of them. Even if my memory is off and I had more treasure on hand, that is still a LOT of treasure for 19 awakened familiars (I had been saving). IMagine getting all those in one day through one click of a button.

Sorry, but bonding with familiars is NOT a required part of the site, it is optional. While I wouldn't mind a more streamlined way to bond individually with familiars attached to dragons and an easier way to change familiars attached, I do not and will not support a one click bonding, nor ways to bond to familiars not attached to dragons.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@KiHime
Since the site is mostly ad-supported, every click you take while bonding with familiars adds to the revenue for site maintenance.
Completely nullifying that probably isn't a good idea. ^-^'

A button that bonds all attached-and-awakened familiars would probably be better.
But, Awakened familiars in your hoard, and all Non-awakened familiars are unaffected, so you would still have to bond them individually.

For those against:
1. The argument about lag isn't realistic considering the site is currently in the middle of a huge overhaul and it runs fine, and is getting better, and even if a feature like this were considered, it wouldn't be implemented until far in the future for the sake of finishing the overhaul, the colorwheel expansion, and a myriad of other features not-yet-added.

2. Lore is a moot point too since every Clan has different view of familiars. There are some Clans where dragons literally treat familiars like dirt and only use them to search for treasure. Other Clans have lore where the familiars are highly respected and treasure and chests are brought in exchange for goods, shelter, and food. A 'bond button' isn't going to affect lore.

3. It takes a certain amount of effort to awaken a familiar, and once it is awakened, there are no more chests. Not to mention, there is a max of 175 lair spaces, and even if all of them were filled with dragons, and every dragon had an awakened familiar, 175 multiplied by 50 is only 8,750, which isn't much of a bonus by itself.
@KiHime
Since the site is mostly ad-supported, every click you take while bonding with familiars adds to the revenue for site maintenance.
Completely nullifying that probably isn't a good idea. ^-^'

A button that bonds all attached-and-awakened familiars would probably be better.
But, Awakened familiars in your hoard, and all Non-awakened familiars are unaffected, so you would still have to bond them individually.

For those against:
1. The argument about lag isn't realistic considering the site is currently in the middle of a huge overhaul and it runs fine, and is getting better, and even if a feature like this were considered, it wouldn't be implemented until far in the future for the sake of finishing the overhaul, the colorwheel expansion, and a myriad of other features not-yet-added.

2. Lore is a moot point too since every Clan has different view of familiars. There are some Clans where dragons literally treat familiars like dirt and only use them to search for treasure. Other Clans have lore where the familiars are highly respected and treasure and chests are brought in exchange for goods, shelter, and food. A 'bond button' isn't going to affect lore.

3. It takes a certain amount of effort to awaken a familiar, and once it is awakened, there are no more chests. Not to mention, there is a max of 175 lair spaces, and even if all of them were filled with dragons, and every dragon had an awakened familiar, 175 multiplied by 50 is only 8,750, which isn't much of a bonus by itself.
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get approximately 400 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 20,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is tedious. Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself; that way I don't have to click on every puzzle piece/card/bubble "one at a time". No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars permanently connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get approximately 400 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 20,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap is tedious. Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself; that way I don't have to click on every puzzle piece/card/bubble "one at a time". No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="@StarriannaFlare" date=2016-05-23 23:18:31] For those against: 1. The argument about lag isn't realistic considering the site is currently in the middle of a huge overhaul and it runs fine, and is getting better, and even if a feature like this were considered, it wouldn't be implemented until far in the future for the sake of finishing the overhaul, the colorwheel expansion, and a myriad of other features not-yet-added. 2. Lore is a moot point too since every Clan has different view of familiars. There are some Clans where dragons literally treat familiars like dirt and only use them to search for treasure. Other Clans have lore where the familiars are highly respected and treasure and chests are brought in exchange for goods, shelter, and food. A 'bond button' isn't going to affect lore. 3. It takes a certain amount of effort to awaken a familiar, and once it is awakened, there are no more chests. Not to mention, there is a max of 175 lair spaces, and even if all of them were filled with dragons, and every dragon had an awakened familiar, 175 multiplied by 50 is only 8,750, which isn't much of a bonus by itself. [/quote] 1. Still wouldn't mean this wouldn't generate HUGE amounts of lag for the site when people used it. Especially at 'peak' login times. Imagine 100 people logging in around the same time and all hitting that button within a minute of each other. THAT is what would cause the lag. 2. Doesn't matter, Clan lore != Site Lore. SITE lore says that bonding is a dragon bonding with an individual familiar species, so it STILL wouldn't make sense according to SITE lore. FR should remain consistent with their own lore. 3. You are forgetting one major factor: You can have a LOT more than 175 familiars, I have 233, and more familiars are being added all the time. Most people, I would think, don't even bother bonding with awakened familiars unless they are 'permie familiars', they attach other familiars to the dragons. Which would mean a lot more chests would be generated as each familiar reaches awakened and more familiars are added to the game. This particular suggestion doesn't mention bonding with dragons not attached to dragons, but many of them do, this would mean I would bond with 233 familiars a day (which I don't now, I bond with however many familiars are attached to dragons.) Once I get them all to awakened, assuming I haven't by that time found more, that would be 233 * 50 = 11,650 treasure a DAY from just hitting one small button. even at your 175 cap, that is still 8,750 treasure A DAY from one click. 7 Clicks a week would net either 81,550 or 61,250. That kind of treasure being generated from one single click adds up quickly, and this isn't counting any familiars that are reaching awakened or any other stage that generates a chest. As I said before, bonding with familiars is not necessary to the site, and is extra. If you want to take the time and effort to do so, you are rewarded, to my eyes, quite handsomely for it (I love gilded chests). However, if you do not want to take the time and effort, it doesn't mean that a button should be added that gives you that reward simply for clicking one button. You do not HAVE to bond.
@StarriannaFlare wrote on 2016-05-23:
For those against:

1. Still wouldn't mean this wouldn't generate HUGE amounts of lag for the site when people used it. Especially at 'peak' login times. Imagine 100 people logging in around the same time and all hitting that button within a minute of each other. THAT is what would cause the lag.

2. Doesn't matter, Clan lore != Site Lore. SITE lore says that bonding is a dragon bonding with an individual familiar species, so it STILL wouldn't make sense according to SITE lore. FR should remain consistent with their own lore.

3. You are forgetting one major factor: You can have a LOT more than 175 familiars, I have 233, and more familiars are being added all the time. Most people, I would think, don't even bother bonding with awakened familiars unless they are 'permie familiars', they attach other familiars to the dragons. Which would mean a lot more chests would be generated as each familiar reaches awakened and more familiars are added to the game.

This particular suggestion doesn't mention bonding with dragons not attached to dragons, but many of them do, this would mean I would bond with 233 familiars a day (which I don't now, I bond with however many familiars are attached to dragons.) Once I get them all to awakened, assuming I haven't by that time found more, that would be 233 * 50 = 11,650 treasure a DAY from just hitting one small button. even at your 175 cap, that is still 8,750 treasure A DAY from one click. 7 Clicks a week would net either 81,550 or 61,250. That kind of treasure being generated from one single click adds up quickly, and this isn't counting any familiars that are reaching awakened or any other stage that generates a chest.

As I said before, bonding with familiars is not necessary to the site, and is extra. If you want to take the time and effort to do so, you are rewarded, to my eyes, quite handsomely for it (I love gilded chests). However, if you do not want to take the time and effort, it doesn't mean that a button should be added that gives you that reward simply for clicking one button. You do not HAVE to bond.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
[quote name="@Jemadar" date=2016-05-24 06:57:32] [quote name="StarriannaFlare" date=2016-05-23 23:18:31] For those against: 1. The argument about lag isn't realistic considering the site is currently in the middle of a huge overhaul and it runs fine, and is getting better, and even if a feature like this were considered, it wouldn't be implemented until far in the future for the sake of finishing the overhaul, the colorwheel expansion, and a myriad of other features not-yet-added. 2. Lore is a moot point too since every Clan has different view of familiars. There are some Clans where dragons literally treat familiars like dirt and only use them to search for treasure. Other Clans have lore where the familiars are highly respected and treasure and chests are brought in exchange for goods, shelter, and food. A 'bond button' isn't going to affect lore. 3. It takes a certain amount of effort to awaken a familiar, and once it is awakened, there are no more chests. Not to mention, there is a max of 175 lair spaces, and even if all of them were filled with dragons, and every dragon had an awakened familiar, 175 multiplied by 50 is only 8,750, which isn't much of a bonus by itself. [/quote] 1. Still wouldn't mean this wouldn't generate HUGE amounts of lag for the site when people used it. Especially at 'peak' login times. Imagine 100 people logging in around the same time and all hitting that button within a minute of each other. THAT is what would cause the lag. 2. Doesn't matter, Clan lore != Site Lore. SITE lore says that bonding is a dragon bonding with an individual familiar species, so it STILL wouldn't make sense according to SITE lore. FR should remain consistent with their own lore. 3. You are forgetting one major factor: You can have a LOT more than 175 familiars, I have 233, and more familiars are being added all the time. Most people, I would think, don't even bother bonding with awakened familiars unless they are 'permie familiars', they attach other familiars to the dragons. Which would mean a lot more chests would be generated as each familiar reaches awakened and more familiars are added to the game. This particular suggestion doesn't mention bonding with dragons not attached to dragons, but many of them do, this would mean I would bond with 233 familiars a day (which I don't now, I bond with however many familiars are attached to dragons.) Once I get them all to awakened, assuming I haven't by that time found more, that would be 233 * 50 = 11,650 treasure a DAY from just hitting one small button. even at your 175 cap, that is still 8,750 treasure A DAY from one click. 7 Clicks a week would net either 81,550 or 61,250. That kind of treasure being generated from one single click adds up quickly, and this isn't counting any familiars that are reaching awakened or any other stage that generates a chest. As I said before, bonding with familiars is not necessary to the site, and is extra. If you want to take the time and effort to do so, you are rewarded, to my eyes, quite handsomely for it (I love gilded chests). However, if you do not want to take the time and effort, it doesn't mean that a button should be added that gives you that reward simply for clicking one button. You do not HAVE to bond. [/quote] I can tell you're very adamant about this. Since this discussion seems mostly based on opinion of site mechanics, there doesn't look like there's going to be a resolution. With that said: [b]1. [/b]I stand by my assessment of the sites abilities, but without being part of the employed team that runs this site, neither of us can accurately measure how this would affect lag. [b]2. [/b]A quote from the encyclopedia about familiar lore: [i]"In order to reap the benefits of pairing a familiar, they must first become more comfortable with [b]your clan[/b]. This is done through the act of bonding. Bonding can be done once a day by clicking the heart button below your familiar. [b]Each bonding will increase the familiar's level of comfort within your clan[/b], as well as award you with a small sum of treasure."[/i] I remember FR employees saying that users are free to play how they choose, and that the personal lore they write for their clans is not technically bound by the site's lore. Even if I'm wrong about remembering that, and we only go by lore clearly outlined by the site, bonding is still done to the entire clan, not one dragon. [b]3. [/b]Admittedly, my memory is very poor, however, I did not forget that there are currently 423 total familiars, 33 of which are Holiday, and 21 of which are Kickstarter, and 1 Anniversary familiar. I currently have 284 that I bond with every day. The OP's suggestion is not outlined in detail, like our replies are, judging them by other's suggestions, or assuming they thought out every possible effect, or meant "all familiars" rather than "all familiars attached to dragons" is not an efficient way to read common english, in which you must infer specific meaning, rather than being presented with it. Which is why I decided to build on their suggestion rather than tear it down. They should have the option to decide for themselves whether their suggestion is applicable or not, and not be forced to resign by commentators. I suggested a cap, simply because I understand all of your points, but don't want to discourage them from making other suggestions where they notice things, not because I want extra treasure. I'm perfectly capable of reaching 100kT in less than a day by train/exalt methods. That doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate the relief a 'bond button' would bring to other players. I don't support a button that bonds every familiar in your possession. Assuming I do, and filling me in on the effects of said button, does not contribute to the discussion. Reminding me of the fact that bonding is not necessary to gameplay also does not contribute to the discussion. We are not discussing whether or not bonding is important, we are discussing the benefits or setbacks of a 'bond familiars' button, and how it might work. I think I covered everything. Let me know if I missed any of your points. ________________________________ On a separate note: My original comment on this post was not fully directed at you, as I also read DragonSage 's comment, and they made similar points to you. I simply found numbering the different topics to be a useful method, and employed it the same way you did. If you were offended by that, I apologise. It was not meant to seem targeted at you, I just wanted to be certain I was covering all points presented by previous commentators. I did not realise what it looked like until I reread everything just now, and I apologise.
@Jemadar wrote on 2016-05-24:
StarriannaFlare wrote on 2016-05-23:
For those against:

1. Still wouldn't mean this wouldn't generate HUGE amounts of lag for the site when people used it. Especially at 'peak' login times. Imagine 100 people logging in around the same time and all hitting that button within a minute of each other. THAT is what would cause the lag.

2. Doesn't matter, Clan lore != Site Lore. SITE lore says that bonding is a dragon bonding with an individual familiar species, so it STILL wouldn't make sense according to SITE lore. FR should remain consistent with their own lore.

3. You are forgetting one major factor: You can have a LOT more than 175 familiars, I have 233, and more familiars are being added all the time. Most people, I would think, don't even bother bonding with awakened familiars unless they are 'permie familiars', they attach other familiars to the dragons. Which would mean a lot more chests would be generated as each familiar reaches awakened and more familiars are added to the game.

This particular suggestion doesn't mention bonding with dragons not attached to dragons, but many of them do, this would mean I would bond with 233 familiars a day (which I don't now, I bond with however many familiars are attached to dragons.) Once I get them all to awakened, assuming I haven't by that time found more, that would be 233 * 50 = 11,650 treasure a DAY from just hitting one small button. even at your 175 cap, that is still 8,750 treasure A DAY from one click. 7 Clicks a week would net either 81,550 or 61,250. That kind of treasure being generated from one single click adds up quickly, and this isn't counting any familiars that are reaching awakened or any other stage that generates a chest.

As I said before, bonding with familiars is not necessary to the site, and is extra. If you want to take the time and effort to do so, you are rewarded, to my eyes, quite handsomely for it (I love gilded chests). However, if you do not want to take the time and effort, it doesn't mean that a button should be added that gives you that reward simply for clicking one button. You do not HAVE to bond.
I can tell you're very adamant about this.
Since this discussion seems mostly based on opinion of site mechanics, there doesn't look like there's going to be a resolution.
With that said:
1. I stand by my assessment of the sites abilities, but without being part of the employed team that runs this site, neither of us can accurately measure how this would affect lag.
2. A quote from the encyclopedia about familiar lore: "In order to reap the benefits of pairing a familiar, they must first become more comfortable with your clan. This is done through the act of bonding. Bonding can be done once a day by clicking the heart button below your familiar. Each bonding will increase the familiar's level of comfort within your clan, as well as award you with a small sum of treasure." I remember FR employees saying that users are free to play how they choose, and that the personal lore they write for their clans is not technically bound by the site's lore. Even if I'm wrong about remembering that, and we only go by lore clearly outlined by the site, bonding is still done to the entire clan, not one dragon.
3. Admittedly, my memory is very poor, however, I did not forget that there are currently 423 total familiars, 33 of which are Holiday, and 21 of which are Kickstarter, and 1 Anniversary familiar. I currently have 284 that I bond with every day.

The OP's suggestion is not outlined in detail, like our replies are, judging them by other's suggestions, or assuming they thought out every possible effect, or meant "all familiars" rather than "all familiars attached to dragons" is not an efficient way to read common english, in which you must infer specific meaning, rather than being presented with it.

Which is why I decided to build on their suggestion rather than tear it down.
They should have the option to decide for themselves whether their suggestion is applicable or not, and not be forced to resign by commentators.

I suggested a cap, simply because I understand all of your points, but don't want to discourage them from making other suggestions where they notice things, not because I want extra treasure.
I'm perfectly capable of reaching 100kT in less than a day by train/exalt methods. That doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate the relief a 'bond button' would bring to other players.

I don't support a button that bonds every familiar in your possession.
Assuming I do, and filling me in on the effects of said button, does not contribute to the discussion.

Reminding me of the fact that bonding is not necessary to gameplay also does not contribute to the discussion.

We are not discussing whether or not bonding is important, we are discussing the benefits or setbacks of a 'bond familiars' button, and how it might work.

I think I covered everything. Let me know if I missed any of your points.
I did not realise what it looked like until I reread everything just now, and I apologise.
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
@StarriannaFlare

Ah, I had thought you had directed at me, but no I wasn't offended (also, I tend to use all caps to emphasize something rather than bolding or italics or other methods). I do feel somewhat strongly about this topic, but not as much as it might seem. It was the numbering that threw me off :) So, all is good, I don't get offended easily, and if I do I try not to post about it.

One of the problems is this is an often suggested post, and the details vary somewhat. Most just say a bond all button, but don't say whether or not they want all familiars or just ones attached to the dragons, but judging from other replies on the other threads about this topic, many do want to be able to bond with familiars not attached to dragons. Like the same sex breeding/sex change scrolls, unnamed exalts, and I think one other topic, these topics appear often enough that people, instead of replying to the specific suggestion, reply to the entire idea behind them. (as many of them don't have a lot to them other than 'I suggest X'), which is why you tend to see the same areas covered, even if they weren't mentioned in the first post.

1. Fair enough, neither of us knows the details behind the scenes and they very well might be able to introduce it without lag in the future.

2. True, and I thought I said that users are allowed to have their own lore (I may have erased it, sometimes things don't come out like I want them to so Iremove them). However, I am talking about site lore. The quote you used was talking about bonding with one specific familiar species, not all the familiars attached to dragons. A bond all button, to me, is more the equivalent of a dragon going into a crowded room, yelling hi, waving their fingers, then saying 'Okay, don't you love me more? Leave your treasure and chests at the door on the way out'.

3. Again the problem is that not only are people replying to this specific suggestion, but replies yet to come (that we have seen on other suggestions) and other suggestions themselves. I am pretty sure some of the other responses by now are probably all in a document somewhere that is just copy and pasted from with individual touches when the topics come up(which I really should do instead of typing each one out) as these are topics that come up a lot.

Also, no one is forced to resign from the forum or not. Unfortunately (or not) this is a public forum and if you can't handle negative, especially politely negative, feedback, then they are not the place for you (general you, not specific you). Some suggestions are very popular, others are not. This is one that is somewhat divided down the middle. I try to be polite in either my support or no support, and for the most part, most other people are too (though after the 8th same sex breeding or no exalting my babies unnamed threads comes around within a week, all bets are off)

The two different numbers were for those who do want a true bond all button, versus the ones who only want to bond all familiars attached. I still say that it is too much money given out for one single click.

I can appreciate the relief it would be too, however, I also do not think that the game needs to have that much treasure generated. Think of many of the other pet sites that have been mentioned all over (don't know if you have played any). Most of them have BAD inflation problems, and I would like to delay FR's tumble down that slope as long as possible, which is why I don't think a one click button, which would encourage more people to use it for all their dragons, which right now can go to 175, is good for the site in the long run.

And again the other comments were towards other suggestions and potential future commenters who imply that they HAVE to bond every single familiar in their possession every day and so they absolutely NEED a bond all button.

I have said I would support a streamlined way of bonding, perhaps through the bestiary and a quicker way to remove/attach familiars, again perhaps through the bestiary. I would even perhaps support a bond all for awakened familiars attached to dragons. HOwever, I do think there should still be effort involved in getting said treasure. It isn't so much the treasure given out by the familiars themselves, but the chests and the fact that there are always going to be new familiars added to the site (at the very least 11 per year) In the long run, that treasure adds up.

Oh, and I do apologize for the length of the posts, I tend to ramble on trying to cover all points if I am able to. (I also sometimes am not as clear as I wish so I try to state some things two or three different ways to make sure people can understand what I mean)
@StarriannaFlare

Ah, I had thought you had directed at me, but no I wasn't offended (also, I tend to use all caps to emphasize something rather than bolding or italics or other methods). I do feel somewhat strongly about this topic, but not as much as it might seem. It was the numbering that threw me off :) So, all is good, I don't get offended easily, and if I do I try not to post about it.

One of the problems is this is an often suggested post, and the details vary somewhat. Most just say a bond all button, but don't say whether or not they want all familiars or just ones attached to the dragons, but judging from other replies on the other threads about this topic, many do want to be able to bond with familiars not attached to dragons. Like the same sex breeding/sex change scrolls, unnamed exalts, and I think one other topic, these topics appear often enough that people, instead of replying to the specific suggestion, reply to the entire idea behind them. (as many of them don't have a lot to them other than 'I suggest X'), which is why you tend to see the same areas covered, even if they weren't mentioned in the first post.

1. Fair enough, neither of us knows the details behind the scenes and they very well might be able to introduce it without lag in the future.

2. True, and I thought I said that users are allowed to have their own lore (I may have erased it, sometimes things don't come out like I want them to so Iremove them). However, I am talking about site lore. The quote you used was talking about bonding with one specific familiar species, not all the familiars attached to dragons. A bond all button, to me, is more the equivalent of a dragon going into a crowded room, yelling hi, waving their fingers, then saying 'Okay, don't you love me more? Leave your treasure and chests at the door on the way out'.

3. Again the problem is that not only are people replying to this specific suggestion, but replies yet to come (that we have seen on other suggestions) and other suggestions themselves. I am pretty sure some of the other responses by now are probably all in a document somewhere that is just copy and pasted from with individual touches when the topics come up(which I really should do instead of typing each one out) as these are topics that come up a lot.

Also, no one is forced to resign from the forum or not. Unfortunately (or not) this is a public forum and if you can't handle negative, especially politely negative, feedback, then they are not the place for you (general you, not specific you). Some suggestions are very popular, others are not. This is one that is somewhat divided down the middle. I try to be polite in either my support or no support, and for the most part, most other people are too (though after the 8th same sex breeding or no exalting my babies unnamed threads comes around within a week, all bets are off)

The two different numbers were for those who do want a true bond all button, versus the ones who only want to bond all familiars attached. I still say that it is too much money given out for one single click.

I can appreciate the relief it would be too, however, I also do not think that the game needs to have that much treasure generated. Think of many of the other pet sites that have been mentioned all over (don't know if you have played any). Most of them have BAD inflation problems, and I would like to delay FR's tumble down that slope as long as possible, which is why I don't think a one click button, which would encourage more people to use it for all their dragons, which right now can go to 175, is good for the site in the long run.

And again the other comments were towards other suggestions and potential future commenters who imply that they HAVE to bond every single familiar in their possession every day and so they absolutely NEED a bond all button.

I have said I would support a streamlined way of bonding, perhaps through the bestiary and a quicker way to remove/attach familiars, again perhaps through the bestiary. I would even perhaps support a bond all for awakened familiars attached to dragons. HOwever, I do think there should still be effort involved in getting said treasure. It isn't so much the treasure given out by the familiars themselves, but the chests and the fact that there are always going to be new familiars added to the site (at the very least 11 per year) In the long run, that treasure adds up.

Oh, and I do apologize for the length of the posts, I tend to ramble on trying to cover all points if I am able to. (I also sometimes am not as clear as I wish so I try to state some things two or three different ways to make sure people can understand what I mean)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
I actually like this idea because it would help mobile players. Not everyone who wants a play with all button is lazy. Support.
I actually like this idea because it would help mobile players. Not everyone who wants a play with all button is lazy. Support.
I read through all of the replies here and I think everybody is bringing up really good points. I don't necessarily agree with a button to bond with every single unawakend familiar, because there are very large rewards for bonding with the familiars enough times to awaken them and I believe it should be worked towards. I do, however, support an easier way to continuing to bond with familiars after they have been awakened. At that point there is no more chests to be had, only the little sum of treasure, so I think it would still be fair to have a 'bond all' button for the awakened ones.

I find myself very rarely attaching an awakened familiar with a dragon, simply because it's nearly impossible to tell which familiars aren't awakened yet that I need to bond with unless I move my awakened ones to my Vault.
I read through all of the replies here and I think everybody is bringing up really good points. I don't necessarily agree with a button to bond with every single unawakend familiar, because there are very large rewards for bonding with the familiars enough times to awaken them and I believe it should be worked towards. I do, however, support an easier way to continuing to bond with familiars after they have been awakened. At that point there is no more chests to be had, only the little sum of treasure, so I think it would still be fair to have a 'bond all' button for the awakened ones.

I find myself very rarely attaching an awakened familiar with a dragon, simply because it's nearly impossible to tell which familiars aren't awakened yet that I need to bond with unless I move my awakened ones to my Vault.

Phoebe_Sig_2.jpg