Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shop-Items unsellable
1 2 3
@Dirakia

Sniping is part of the game just like it is on other sites like FR. Its another way for players to make money. I make money like this and I'm not ashamed to admit it either. I buy from the MP in mostly apparel and sell it back on the AH for a mark up. I try to double my money with each sale. Its really not worth it otherwise. Now I don't sell things at crazy high amounts when I find that my item is the only one on the AH at that time but some other players do. Its just a roll of the dice. We don't do it to be rude. We do it as a source of income just like people who make accents, breed dragons and make art. Besides if you made items unsellable then the you'd never be able to sell anything you didn't want anymore.

Also you can hire snipers in the item sales thread instead of buying from the AH too. Better yet, get the stuff from Dom shops so you get even more of a discount but don't take away someone else's source of income just because your unhappy. There are many ways to get things on this site :)
@Dirakia

Sniping is part of the game just like it is on other sites like FR. Its another way for players to make money. I make money like this and I'm not ashamed to admit it either. I buy from the MP in mostly apparel and sell it back on the AH for a mark up. I try to double my money with each sale. Its really not worth it otherwise. Now I don't sell things at crazy high amounts when I find that my item is the only one on the AH at that time but some other players do. Its just a roll of the dice. We don't do it to be rude. We do it as a source of income just like people who make accents, breed dragons and make art. Besides if you made items unsellable then the you'd never be able to sell anything you didn't want anymore.

Also you can hire snipers in the item sales thread instead of buying from the AH too. Better yet, get the stuff from Dom shops so you get even more of a discount but don't take away someone else's source of income just because your unhappy. There are many ways to get things on this site :)
XriSV9h.gif
@CrazyRedFire

I dont have anything against if it is just some stuff, but if i see that like i.e. 10-15 scrolls are sold out just a sec after the shop gets restocked, bought by the same person and reselled for like 10x the prize, then im just sitting in front of my LapTop and think "Dude, get a life"
Also im too stubborn to hire a sniper and wanna do everything by myself xD
Bout the unselling:
Thats actually a good point...
Then at least 4-7 days cooldown of selling the thing you bought and for a limit of +10-50% above the original prize
Yeah i got my 100k by completing Hard-Mode Puzzles and after some tiem i get tired off xD
Eevrything else was sold by stuff you easily get by digging (i.e. a full stack of sand for 15k) since you can get them for free and i dont have anything against it when someone is selling them for more, cause i got my money that is relatively to my current amount of treasures, a high increase jsut for selling some sand
@CrazyRedFire

I dont have anything against if it is just some stuff, but if i see that like i.e. 10-15 scrolls are sold out just a sec after the shop gets restocked, bought by the same person and reselled for like 10x the prize, then im just sitting in front of my LapTop and think "Dude, get a life"
Also im too stubborn to hire a sniper and wanna do everything by myself xD
Bout the unselling:
Thats actually a good point...
Then at least 4-7 days cooldown of selling the thing you bought and for a limit of +10-50% above the original prize
Yeah i got my 100k by completing Hard-Mode Puzzles and after some tiem i get tired off xD
Eevrything else was sold by stuff you easily get by digging (i.e. a full stack of sand for 15k) since you can get them for free and i dont have anything against it when someone is selling them for more, cause i got my money that is relatively to my current amount of treasures, a high increase jsut for selling some sand
No support

Not sure if this has been brought up but...

The way the site is currently coded, an item is either hoard-sellable or its not. No matter where you get it from.

To make this possible, all items bought through the treasure MP would have to be not-hoardsellable. That means even if you get the item from a chest such as a familiar or apparel, it's not hoardsellable. Plus that would mean impossible to throw these items in Baldwin. Except for Coli exclusive familiars (which as far as I know are only boss familiars, so a bad idea to brew them) and coli-exclusive apparel.

So it would take a lot of recoding to even implement this.
No support

Not sure if this has been brought up but...

The way the site is currently coded, an item is either hoard-sellable or its not. No matter where you get it from.

To make this possible, all items bought through the treasure MP would have to be not-hoardsellable. That means even if you get the item from a chest such as a familiar or apparel, it's not hoardsellable. Plus that would mean impossible to throw these items in Baldwin. Except for Coli exclusive familiars (which as far as I know are only boss familiars, so a bad idea to brew them) and coli-exclusive apparel.

So it would take a lot of recoding to even implement this.
3RvEHPl.png
It's a simple matter of supply and demand. With e.g. new genes or apparel that has just come out, a lot of people want to get those, but there are only a few in circulation - simply due to the MP not stocking as many as people want. Thus, the supply is smaller than the demand; and the price goes up for items.

Then there's the opposite, e.g. with the Pastel Spinel set, which you can buy for LESS than the marketplace value, simply because the supply is higher than the demand (i.e. the price goes down).

Does it stink if people snipe things in the MP and put them up in the Auction house? Yes. Does that make it unfair? No, not really. It puts value into the various pixels, and ensures a flow of rarity (else, why would some raffles offer sylvan sets? or wildclaw scrolls?) which, in turn, allows FR to maintain an economy of sorts.

Plus, frankly, supply and demand again. Just because someone has 40 breed change scrolls in the AH for outrageous prices, does not mean that that is the actual price for the item. That's the price where people stop buying it because it becomes too expensive - put up a piece of Sylvan apparel for 20k, and it disappears almost instantly from the AH. Put it up for 200k, and, well, you won't get it to sell.

And keep in mind that some people put things up at insane prices (three million treasure for a stack of sand), simply because it allows them to temporarily store items in the AH - you only pay the fee if your item sells. Or, in some cases, hope that someone will buy their sand by accident.

And some items are just expensive because they're useful for something else - like how the Rainbow Sprite is a farmable familiar, but because it's used in a Swipp trade, it's more valurable than many other familiars, simply because the demand is higher for those (which is also why retired items get ever more expensive - the supply of them keeps dwindling)

(also, if you get your knickers in a knot over markups, then buy stuff from the MP and make a fortune on your own)
It's a simple matter of supply and demand. With e.g. new genes or apparel that has just come out, a lot of people want to get those, but there are only a few in circulation - simply due to the MP not stocking as many as people want. Thus, the supply is smaller than the demand; and the price goes up for items.

Then there's the opposite, e.g. with the Pastel Spinel set, which you can buy for LESS than the marketplace value, simply because the supply is higher than the demand (i.e. the price goes down).

Does it stink if people snipe things in the MP and put them up in the Auction house? Yes. Does that make it unfair? No, not really. It puts value into the various pixels, and ensures a flow of rarity (else, why would some raffles offer sylvan sets? or wildclaw scrolls?) which, in turn, allows FR to maintain an economy of sorts.

Plus, frankly, supply and demand again. Just because someone has 40 breed change scrolls in the AH for outrageous prices, does not mean that that is the actual price for the item. That's the price where people stop buying it because it becomes too expensive - put up a piece of Sylvan apparel for 20k, and it disappears almost instantly from the AH. Put it up for 200k, and, well, you won't get it to sell.

And keep in mind that some people put things up at insane prices (three million treasure for a stack of sand), simply because it allows them to temporarily store items in the AH - you only pay the fee if your item sells. Or, in some cases, hope that someone will buy their sand by accident.

And some items are just expensive because they're useful for something else - like how the Rainbow Sprite is a farmable familiar, but because it's used in a Swipp trade, it's more valurable than many other familiars, simply because the demand is higher for those (which is also why retired items get ever more expensive - the supply of them keeps dwindling)

(also, if you get your knickers in a knot over markups, then buy stuff from the MP and make a fortune on your own)
tumblr_inline_nk71anzSWJ1qg2i5p.png
This would be a very bad thing for the game. For many items I want (including many gene and breed scrolls); its actually cheaper for me to buy them from the AH from players who sniped them with dom discount and is selling for a profit but still below marketplace prices. Just did a quick AH search for all of the treasure marketplace breed change scrolls and every single one of them had at least one scroll under marketplace price. For example I could get a skydancer scroll off the AH for almost 30,000 T less than the MP price

Yes there are some items that sell at an increased cost in the AH -- namely very popular apparel, relatively new scrolls, rename scrolls and occasionally tinctures, scratch, sap and shred, etc. Putting a cooldown on the items would also be a very bad thing--it would deter dom discount players from flipping items on the AH for a modest profit as they couldn't use the profits they get from it to buy even more items to flip.

Flipping items happens in all games that have a free market. In such games prices are set by supply and demand. If you don't like flippers don't buy from them. Flippers flip because players are buying. If flippers price items too high, they don't sell so they'll drop the price. If an item at 3x-5x the MP price sells at that price then the player-base think its worth that price.
This would be a very bad thing for the game. For many items I want (including many gene and breed scrolls); its actually cheaper for me to buy them from the AH from players who sniped them with dom discount and is selling for a profit but still below marketplace prices. Just did a quick AH search for all of the treasure marketplace breed change scrolls and every single one of them had at least one scroll under marketplace price. For example I could get a skydancer scroll off the AH for almost 30,000 T less than the MP price

Yes there are some items that sell at an increased cost in the AH -- namely very popular apparel, relatively new scrolls, rename scrolls and occasionally tinctures, scratch, sap and shred, etc. Putting a cooldown on the items would also be a very bad thing--it would deter dom discount players from flipping items on the AH for a modest profit as they couldn't use the profits they get from it to buy even more items to flip.

Flipping items happens in all games that have a free market. In such games prices are set by supply and demand. If you don't like flippers don't buy from them. Flippers flip because players are buying. If flippers price items too high, they don't sell so they'll drop the price. If an item at 3x-5x the MP price sells at that price then the player-base think its worth that price.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
No support.

What would be the consequence of making them unsellable? Stockratios would have to be adapted to make the now much less selling items not overflow the market and inly one or two scrolls would stock the MP.

They are not supposed to be alltime available or admins would have made their stock unlimited like the gem stuff. If you can't manage to get one of your desired items yourself ask your friends, your flight or players in the items sales forum. The first 2 will most likely do it for tips or the promise of help at a later date the people at the item sales forum may ask for a little fee.

No one is forcing you to buy anything from the AH that you feel uncomfortable paying for. Others do like the offers there and gladly will pay the additional sum to have it readily available and not having to contest with 100+ people stalking the MP.

Everyone plays this game differently - there is no reason to forbid a playstyle that is not against the rules and that is litterally hurting no one.
No support.

What would be the consequence of making them unsellable? Stockratios would have to be adapted to make the now much less selling items not overflow the market and inly one or two scrolls would stock the MP.

They are not supposed to be alltime available or admins would have made their stock unlimited like the gem stuff. If you can't manage to get one of your desired items yourself ask your friends, your flight or players in the items sales forum. The first 2 will most likely do it for tips or the promise of help at a later date the people at the item sales forum may ask for a little fee.

No one is forcing you to buy anything from the AH that you feel uncomfortable paying for. Others do like the offers there and gladly will pay the additional sum to have it readily available and not having to contest with 100+ people stalking the MP.

Everyone plays this game differently - there is no reason to forbid a playstyle that is not against the rules and that is litterally hurting no one.
There isn't a single scroll that can be resold for literally 10X the price, not even renaming scrolls.

I'm really not sure which scrolls you are talking about
There isn't a single scroll that can be resold for literally 10X the price, not even renaming scrolls.

I'm really not sure which scrolls you are talking about
No support. Making it so marketplace items are unable to be sold won't stop people from clearing it of its items. People would just resort to selling things via the forums.
No support. Making it so marketplace items are unable to be sold won't stop people from clearing it of its items. People would just resort to selling things via the forums.
FRshadowbanner50px_zps4a303dbf.png
+4 FR Time
3DS FC - 1891-1351-5222 / Minxy
Switch FC - SW-4954-7180-5611 / Ali
No Support.

This would make many familiars, scrolls, genes and others be completely locked down to your hoard only. Imo this would completely destroy the thing called "giving gifts to friends and random people".
No Support.

This would make many familiars, scrolls, genes and others be completely locked down to your hoard only. Imo this would completely destroy the thing called "giving gifts to friends and random people".
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
@Dirakia Most scrolls are available on the Auction House for LESS than their marketplace price because the people with dom discounts sell them as such. In fact, I pretty much always find the scrolls (aside from new releases) for less than I would have paid in the marketplace.

If we couldn't sell these anymore, I'd have to buy through the forums or pay increased prices. Plus, since pretty much everything can be bought through the marketplace, we couldn't really put anything on the AH anymore - which would defeat the purpose of having an Auction House in the first place.
@Dirakia Most scrolls are available on the Auction House for LESS than their marketplace price because the people with dom discounts sell them as such. In fact, I pretty much always find the scrolls (aside from new releases) for less than I would have paid in the marketplace.

If we couldn't sell these anymore, I'd have to buy through the forums or pay increased prices. Plus, since pretty much everything can be bought through the marketplace, we couldn't really put anything on the AH anymore - which would defeat the purpose of having an Auction House in the first place.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
1 2 3