Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bond with all familiar button
1 2
Its a pain on the wrist to go through pages of familiars.
So I suggest a button that auto does it.
However it would cost a certain amount to use, making it only handy if you have over a certain amount of familiars to counteract the cost.
Its a pain on the wrist to go through pages of familiars.
So I suggest a button that auto does it.
However it would cost a certain amount to use, making it only handy if you have over a certain amount of familiars to counteract the cost.
BcpIF1O.png
Personally I would only like to see a bond all button that cost a lot of gems every day to use it.

Bonding familiars isn't necessary and a bond all button could seriously lag the site when people use it for over 100 familiars and it has to update the fields of all those familiars, plus determine what exactly each familiar gives.

Edit (sorry for the short replies but I am doing something else that requires most of my attention so I don't have much time)

I would support streamlining the familiars area to make it less tedious and less of a problem on the wrist though.
Personally I would only like to see a bond all button that cost a lot of gems every day to use it.

Bonding familiars isn't necessary and a bond all button could seriously lag the site when people use it for over 100 familiars and it has to update the fields of all those familiars, plus determine what exactly each familiar gives.

Edit (sorry for the short replies but I am doing something else that requires most of my attention so I don't have much time)

I would support streamlining the familiars area to make it less tedious and less of a problem on the wrist though.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Sure. 150 gems per use. I'm on board with that.
Sure. 150 gems per use. I'm on board with that.
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars perm. connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 300 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 15,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap "is a pain in the wrist." Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars perm. connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 300 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 15,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that playing the Fairgrounds for cap "is a pain in the wrist." Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'd say being able to have a little heart button in the corner of every dragon on the "Dragon Lair" page which would let you bond with the dragon's familiar should be a fair compromise.

Sorta like the name change button right of a dragon's name, maybe a bit bigger.
I'd say being able to have a little heart button in the corner of every dragon on the "Dragon Lair" page which would let you bond with the dragon's familiar should be a fair compromise.

@PlaugeDeer

Sorry No support for 2 reasons.

First a bond all button would be AKIN to adding a BOT that would individually bond with each familiar simultaneously. Bots are against the Terms of Use.

Second each time you bond with a familiar you chance the Ads on the side which generates revenue for Flight Rising. To have a bond all would take away from that.

I would support being able to bond individually with each familiar in the Bestiary rather than only in the Lair. That would save a lot of clicks that are needed to swap out familiars.

IMO most people bond with those familiars that only have chances of dropping chests. It is too much to have to swap out familiars to bond with 300 plus familiars just to make around 15,000 treasure which can be made much faster elsewhere. If you could do it in the Bestiary without swapping them out I think more players would bond with every familiar daily.

@PlaugeDeer

Sorry No support for 2 reasons.

First a bond all button would be AKIN to adding a BOT that would individually bond with each familiar simultaneously. Bots are against the Terms of Use.

Second each time you bond with a familiar you chance the Ads on the side which generates revenue for Flight Rising. To have a bond all would take away from that.

I would support being able to bond individually with each familiar in the Bestiary rather than only in the Lair. That would save a lot of clicks that are needed to swap out familiars.

IMO most people bond with those familiars that only have chances of dropping chests. It is too much to have to swap out familiars to bond with 300 plus familiars just to make around 15,000 treasure which can be made much faster elsewhere. If you could do it in the Bestiary without swapping them out I think more players would bond with every familiar daily.

Paying gems to use a bond all function at least helps with the common objection that it takes away from page views (and thus revenue for the site). However it doesn't address the potential lag such a feature could cause. I feel that the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the un-awakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 un-awakened familiars, for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action. I wouldn't be against a bond all button/feature that worked only for already awakened familiars as that shouldn't be any more strain than the open all function and since many players store awakened familiars it wouldn't be too much in lost revenue. I would like to see a way to bond your familiars through the bestiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon or another such method. [quote name="Kowasan" date=2015-12-18 08:22:19] I'd say being able to have a little heart button in the corner of every dragon on the "Dragon Lair" page which would let you bond with the dragon's familiar should be a fair compromise. Sorta like the name change button right of a dragon's name, maybe a bit bigger. [/quote] They could just use the little familiar symbol rather than add another icon down there.
Paying gems to use a bond all function at least helps with the common objection that it takes away from page views (and thus revenue for the site). However it doesn't address the potential lag such a feature could cause. I feel that the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the un-awakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 un-awakened familiars, for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I wouldn't be against a bond all button/feature that worked only for already awakened familiars as that shouldn't be any more strain than the open all function and since many players store awakened familiars it wouldn't be too much in lost revenue. I would like to see a way to bond your familiars through the bestiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon or another such method.
Kowasan wrote on 2015-12-18:

They could just use the little familiar symbol rather than add another icon down there.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@Dragonsage

I was thinking 5 dollars a use (and being slightly sarcastic about using it to bond all familiars)

Yeah, I don't think there would be any way to introduce a bond all button unless it was so expensive no one used it, that wouldn't have problems with lag. I am not sure a lot of people get this, but if they introduce features like this, it wouldn't just be people who find it tedious to bond familiars or have medical problems, it would be nearly every person on the site using such a feature (truthfully, how many people wouldn't use such a feature if it were introduced? I know that some wouldn't)

I have always wanted that familiar to tell me whether or not I have bonded with the familiar attached to the dragon. Having it allow me to bond with the familiar would be great.
@Dragonsage

I was thinking 5 dollars a use (and being slightly sarcastic about using it to bond all familiars)

Yeah, I don't think there would be any way to introduce a bond all button unless it was so expensive no one used it, that wouldn't have problems with lag. I am not sure a lot of people get this, but if they introduce features like this, it wouldn't just be people who find it tedious to bond familiars or have medical problems, it would be nearly every person on the site using such a feature (truthfully, how many people wouldn't use such a feature if it were introduced? I know that some wouldn't)

I have always wanted that familiar to tell me whether or not I have bonded with the familiar attached to the dragon. Having it allow me to bond with the familiar would be great.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. It only takes like 5 minutes to bond with 175 and I know most don't have that many to do. Bonding from the Bestiary would be great though.
No support. It only takes like 5 minutes to bond with 175 and I know most don't have that many to do. Bonding from the Bestiary would be great though.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Jemadar even 150 gems a use would probably be enough to make many players reconsider--as it would rarely pay off. I wouldn't mind if there was a gem fee to bond all as it would still help support the site, except for the fact that if they priced it so that people actually used it; it would likely cause a lot of lag.
@Jemadar even 150 gems a use would probably be enough to make many players reconsider--as it would rarely pay off. I wouldn't mind if there was a gem fee to bond all as it would still help support the site, except for the fact that if they priced it so that people actually used it; it would likely cause a lot of lag.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
1 2