Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Same-sex breedings
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@Serria
From what I read about the suggestion added in NaireReider's reply in p.3 I got the impression that their suggesting it become a site-wide thing and not just a choice with an expensive scroll, hence the reply. Maybe I read it too fast and misinterpreted what they meant. In that case I apologize.

Anyway, if it's just an expensive scroll feature, I'm not sure if it's worth it to rewrite the whole side code *again*, unless they already included such possibility into the code rewriting right now. To support gay (or any other gender preferences) doesn't mean same sex breeding is the only way to do so. I actually support another suggestion that's similar to this one, but instead of 'breeding', a same-sex couple can 'adopt' dragons, and if this feature is made available to all couples, same sex or not. That would support any kind of gender preferences, and not getting into biological debates that may or may not apply to a magical world.
@Serria
From what I read about the suggestion added in NaireReider's reply in p.3 I got the impression that their suggesting it become a site-wide thing and not just a choice with an expensive scroll, hence the reply. Maybe I read it too fast and misinterpreted what they meant. In that case I apologize.

Anyway, if it's just an expensive scroll feature, I'm not sure if it's worth it to rewrite the whole side code *again*, unless they already included such possibility into the code rewriting right now. To support gay (or any other gender preferences) doesn't mean same sex breeding is the only way to do so. I actually support another suggestion that's similar to this one, but instead of 'breeding', a same-sex couple can 'adopt' dragons, and if this feature is made available to all couples, same sex or not. That would support any kind of gender preferences, and not getting into biological debates that may or may not apply to a magical world.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
No support, I support same sex relationships but lets be realistic here. Can you breed to men in real life? No. Can you breed to ladies? No. And just because dragons have magic, doesn't make them able to breed with the same sex. Same sex breeding isn't magic, it isn't real (it isn't real if you're trying to make a legit baby).

You can have your dragons adopt a lil hatchling, that would be cute.

No support, I support same sex relationships but lets be realistic here. Can you breed to men in real life? No. Can you breed to ladies? No. And just because dragons have magic, doesn't make them able to breed with the same sex. Same sex breeding isn't magic, it isn't real (it isn't real if you're trying to make a legit baby).

You can have your dragons adopt a lil hatchling, that would be cute.

o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
No support, and not for political or phobic reasons either. It mostly comes down to two major points about this site:

1) Being able to breed any dragon to any other dragon no matter their gender would require an entire rewrite of the coding to the site. The mods have already said that this would be the case if it were ever to be implemented, which it won't. I for one don't want to put that much work on the people who write the code for this site. They already put out so much new content, why give them the tremendous task that this would entail?

2) Being able to breed any two dragons together would make acquiring dream dragons waaaaaay too easy. People are able to breed dragons very quickly as it is. Chances are that you'll be able to find that dream dragon of yours after a few days of looking. So why make finding dream dragons any easier than it is now?

I know that there are other reasons for wanting same-sex breeding that ties in to clan lore and all that jazz, but that's what the bio is for people ;)
No support, and not for political or phobic reasons either. It mostly comes down to two major points about this site:

1) Being able to breed any dragon to any other dragon no matter their gender would require an entire rewrite of the coding to the site. The mods have already said that this would be the case if it were ever to be implemented, which it won't. I for one don't want to put that much work on the people who write the code for this site. They already put out so much new content, why give them the tremendous task that this would entail?

2) Being able to breed any two dragons together would make acquiring dream dragons waaaaaay too easy. People are able to breed dragons very quickly as it is. Chances are that you'll be able to find that dream dragon of yours after a few days of looking. So why make finding dream dragons any easier than it is now?

I know that there are other reasons for wanting same-sex breeding that ties in to clan lore and all that jazz, but that's what the bio is for people ;)
photofunky.gif
you make a good point!i would love to see a feature in flight rising that is like a mate system though so you could do that.
you make a good point!i would love to see a feature in flight rising that is like a mate system though so you could do that.
7973260p.png41fc039db15a525eb929f802356724a9ee110d56.gif68a771bc1576e7b33915c34f836e64179a681a03.gif6e6a4718ba53b746ad2e1d9238e40d349ea9486b.gif9828159p.png
I'm not supporting the breeding idea either, but how about some kind of replacment? Like, you breed two same-sex dragons and instead of eggs you recieve some kind of item?
I'm not supporting the breeding idea either, but how about some kind of replacment? Like, you breed two same-sex dragons and instead of eggs you recieve some kind of item?
KVbkgOZ.png
Consider this: Trans dragons. Eyyy?
EDIT: I SECOND THE ADOPTION THING
I have gay dragons but their family trees are all different so people ask me why their kids arent on the family tree
Consider this: Trans dragons. Eyyy?
EDIT: I SECOND THE ADOPTION THING
I have gay dragons but their family trees are all different so people ask me why their kids arent on the family tree
No support.

While you could easily make the excuse that just like certain amphibians and other animals in real life they change their sex to breed, or the all encompassing "Magic!" which is valid because that's how they change species, that's how they get their element, that's how they change color, etc, I don't like what this could potentially do to the dragon economy. Prices would just drop far to low. And this is coming from a gay guy who has two gay clan leaders.
No support.

While you could easily make the excuse that just like certain amphibians and other animals in real life they change their sex to breed, or the all encompassing "Magic!" which is valid because that's how they change species, that's how they get their element, that's how they change color, etc, I don't like what this could potentially do to the dragon economy. Prices would just drop far to low. And this is coming from a gay guy who has two gay clan leaders.
tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.png2kxSxyM3.giftumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
No support for gamebreaking reasons.

I do, however, support the suggestion of a pose-change scroll.
No support for gamebreaking reasons.

I do, however, support the suggestion of a pose-change scroll.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
No support.

People should not be relying on the site itself to be able to fulfill everything they want to do. That's why we are given a bio box - so we can explain things about our dragons that the site, by default, cannot support either by coding or whatever.

On top of that, the bio box can have links and BBCode and all that fun stuff, so we can literally make little lists in it that say "hey, this dragon here is the adopted child of this dragon". AND it doesn't scroll anymore, so nothing you write about your dragon is hidden within another scrollbox - it's all right there.

A lot of the reason people want same-sex breeding is because of lore reasons, and if you have personal lore that supports that, fantastic! You can write it all down in your bio box! That's what it's there fore.

There needs to be some limitations in the game mechanics so the system doesn't become overly convoluted, and so there is at least an illusion of difficulty (quite frankly, with enough time you eventually find dream dragons on the AH and don't even have to breed at all the system is so flooded, you just may need to scroll them up - my Magic the Gathering Guild dragons were all purchased and I don't even bother to touch breeding anymore aside from the legacy challenge I'm doing).

TLDR;

Basically, use your imagination and the creative freedom the staff has already given in the form of the bio box - it's essentially a free bio-field that you can put whatever you want in, so there is really no limitation to what your dragon can actually be at all! Don't treat the limitations of the site as a crutch!

However, I would be completely fine with a pose-change scroll simply because some of the poses are just prettier and more pleasing in general and there really aren't that many physical differences between male/female anyway.
No support.

People should not be relying on the site itself to be able to fulfill everything they want to do. That's why we are given a bio box - so we can explain things about our dragons that the site, by default, cannot support either by coding or whatever.

On top of that, the bio box can have links and BBCode and all that fun stuff, so we can literally make little lists in it that say "hey, this dragon here is the adopted child of this dragon". AND it doesn't scroll anymore, so nothing you write about your dragon is hidden within another scrollbox - it's all right there.

A lot of the reason people want same-sex breeding is because of lore reasons, and if you have personal lore that supports that, fantastic! You can write it all down in your bio box! That's what it's there fore.

There needs to be some limitations in the game mechanics so the system doesn't become overly convoluted, and so there is at least an illusion of difficulty (quite frankly, with enough time you eventually find dream dragons on the AH and don't even have to breed at all the system is so flooded, you just may need to scroll them up - my Magic the Gathering Guild dragons were all purchased and I don't even bother to touch breeding anymore aside from the legacy challenge I'm doing).

TLDR;

Basically, use your imagination and the creative freedom the staff has already given in the form of the bio box - it's essentially a free bio-field that you can put whatever you want in, so there is really no limitation to what your dragon can actually be at all! Don't treat the limitations of the site as a crutch!

However, I would be completely fine with a pose-change scroll simply because some of the poses are just prettier and more pleasing in general and there really aren't that many physical differences between male/female anyway.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro9_250.gif
No support.

The biggest reason why I enjoy this game is that the breeding can be challenging due to the wheel and how that functions. Most sims I've played are either a randomized colour based on percentages (such as Howrse) or purely genetics (Furry Paws). This is a unique way of breeding for me, and I enjoy the challenge it brings. Do I get mad when I see a perfect dragon for one of mine but it's the same gender? Sure, but adding in a game-breaking "solution" such as this just gets rid of all that challenge.

The biggest issue I have with breeding dragons anyways isn't the genders, it's how much gene scrolls can cost (rip) x_x
No support.

The biggest reason why I enjoy this game is that the breeding can be challenging due to the wheel and how that functions. Most sims I've played are either a randomized colour based on percentages (such as Howrse) or purely genetics (Furry Paws). This is a unique way of breeding for me, and I enjoy the challenge it brings. Do I get mad when I see a perfect dragon for one of mine but it's the same gender? Sure, but adding in a game-breaking "solution" such as this just gets rid of all that challenge.

The biggest issue I have with breeding dragons anyways isn't the genders, it's how much gene scrolls can cost (rip) x_x
Signature-1-Avani-8069.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12