Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Potions of Elemental Change (Nests!)
1 2
It's Riot Of Rot 2k16. You have the perfect Flight Rep pair for the season, but- OH NO.
You're in Water Flight. Big Blue eyes completely throw off the look, they look more and more cute and fluffy the more you stare at them. Even Poi/Tox doesn't offset them enough, and now they're even
cuter. And look at them as Skydancers! So gloriously elegant and- wait, what holiday is it again? Ah, yes, that's right. But the CFCE is closed, and Nest Rentals are skyrocketing! What ever shall you do?

What I'm suggesting is simple. For a large amount of Holiday Currency and a decent amount of gems -yes, gems- we should be able to brew a One-Use potion that changes the Element of one nest for one breeding use. This is kind of as a middle ground to Contacts and Changing a Dragon's element.

Pros:
While matching eyes isn't everyone's forte, it can definitely throw off the look of a Dragon, sometimes even when they do match it doesn't look right. This could help people participate in Subspecies as well.

Cons:
Of course, there's the economy to look at, as well as the flight population. But I think that the gems and another fail safe will help out.

How I'm proposing it'll work:
Starting at level 10, as a Holiday-Only Recipe, you can brew a Potion of [Elemental] Change for a large quantity of Festival Currency and a hand full of Gems. I propose that, since the extra festival apparel (like Bluff Clambers) fall at 65 currency, this number falls somewhere around 100 - 200 Currency to avoid excessive use, as well as an increasing number of gems, starting at 50G and going up during the same festival at some pre-determined interval.

This Potion can be used from the horde, on a nest that is currently empty. It will change the nest's element to that of the type of the potion, I.E., a Potion of Frozen Change would change any nest to the Ice element. After this nest hatches, you need to pay to 'purify' the nest, which would be a set treasure cost that does not change. It is then the element of your own Flight again.
These hatchlings from this nest would be the color of the flight that the nest was changed to, not your home flight.

Nothing happens to the breeding cool-down cycle of the children or of the parents.

I know this would theoretically take a lot of coding, as well as time, but I think the feature would be neat.

Thoughts?
It's Riot Of Rot 2k16. You have the perfect Flight Rep pair for the season, but- OH NO.
You're in Water Flight. Big Blue eyes completely throw off the look, they look more and more cute and fluffy the more you stare at them. Even Poi/Tox doesn't offset them enough, and now they're even
cuter. And look at them as Skydancers! So gloriously elegant and- wait, what holiday is it again? Ah, yes, that's right. But the CFCE is closed, and Nest Rentals are skyrocketing! What ever shall you do?

What I'm suggesting is simple. For a large amount of Holiday Currency and a decent amount of gems -yes, gems- we should be able to brew a One-Use potion that changes the Element of one nest for one breeding use. This is kind of as a middle ground to Contacts and Changing a Dragon's element.

Pros:
While matching eyes isn't everyone's forte, it can definitely throw off the look of a Dragon, sometimes even when they do match it doesn't look right. This could help people participate in Subspecies as well.

Cons:
Of course, there's the economy to look at, as well as the flight population. But I think that the gems and another fail safe will help out.

How I'm proposing it'll work:
Starting at level 10, as a Holiday-Only Recipe, you can brew a Potion of [Elemental] Change for a large quantity of Festival Currency and a hand full of Gems. I propose that, since the extra festival apparel (like Bluff Clambers) fall at 65 currency, this number falls somewhere around 100 - 200 Currency to avoid excessive use, as well as an increasing number of gems, starting at 50G and going up during the same festival at some pre-determined interval.

This Potion can be used from the horde, on a nest that is currently empty. It will change the nest's element to that of the type of the potion, I.E., a Potion of Frozen Change would change any nest to the Ice element. After this nest hatches, you need to pay to 'purify' the nest, which would be a set treasure cost that does not change. It is then the element of your own Flight again.
These hatchlings from this nest would be the color of the flight that the nest was changed to, not your home flight.

Nothing happens to the breeding cool-down cycle of the children or of the parents.

I know this would theoretically take a lot of coding, as well as time, but I think the feature would be neat.

Thoughts?
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
Support, I'd like to have a Plague nest, even if it's only for a bit
Support, I'd like to have a Plague nest, even if it's only for a bit
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
No support, just rent a nest from someone else.

Erasing the heritage of a dragon should not be a thing
No support, just rent a nest from someone else.

Erasing the heritage of a dragon should not be a thing
@Sopheroo
Mind if I ask what you mean by erasing the heritage?

And kinda the point was that, especially during holidays, most nest rentals are full-up, or prices get lucrative to the point where you may as well be buying handfuls of eggs.
@Sopheroo

And kinda the point was that, especially during holidays, most nest rentals are full-up, or prices get lucrative to the point where you may as well be buying handfuls of eggs.
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
[quote name="MidnightRein" date=2015-12-02 20:15:29] @ Sopheroo Mind if I ask what you mean by erasing the heritage? And kinda the point was that, especially during holidays, most nest rentals are full-up, or prices get lucrative to the point where you may as well be buying handfuls of eggs. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] I've never heard of a shortage of nests, and most folks rent for free too. Be sure to check [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1173347]here[/url] if you're looking for nests. Sorry, while I understand the problem (and share the same problem often as well), I agree with Sopheroo edit: I'm sorry I forgot to remove the ping from the quotation q_q
MidnightRein wrote on 2015-12-02:
@ Sopheroo

I've never heard of a shortage of nests, and most folks rent for free too.

Be sure to check here if you're looking for nests.

Sorry, while I understand the problem (and share the same problem often as well), I agree with Sopheroo

edit: I'm sorry I forgot to remove the ping from the quotation q_q
@midnightrein

Your clan is a Earth Clan. You can't just go and pretend it's not for the sake of ~aesthetics~. Goes against lore.
@midnightrein

Your clan is a Earth Clan. You can't just go and pretend it's not for the sake of ~aesthetics~. Goes against lore.
Sorry, but no support.

The problem for me is how on Sornieth can this fit into the lore? The element of the nest is affected by the closest deity, and I doubt a mere potion can counter the affect of a deity. And this elemental magic is tied directly with a dragon's soul and essence. Even if a potion can change a nest's element, I still doubt a potion can change the essence of a dragon for their entire life.

I do, however, can support an alternative way of nest rental that does not involve changing the nest itself, like a site-supported studding option or the like.
Sorry, but no support.

The problem for me is how on Sornieth can this fit into the lore? The element of the nest is affected by the closest deity, and I doubt a mere potion can counter the affect of a deity. And this elemental magic is tied directly with a dragon's soul and essence. Even if a potion can change a nest's element, I still doubt a potion can change the essence of a dragon for their entire life.

I do, however, can support an alternative way of nest rental that does not involve changing the nest itself, like a site-supported studding option or the like.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
No support for most of the reasons listed above. It goes against lore and I can only imagine dragons attacking a nest from another element in their nesting grounds. I have never had a hard time finding a nest to rent and most are free or very low priced.
No support for most of the reasons listed above. It goes against lore and I can only imagine dragons attacking a nest from another element in their nesting grounds. I have never had a hard time finding a nest to rent and most are free or very low priced.
Stuff will one day go here.
No support.
Lore wise, the eggs are born, in my case, plague so there is no way the energy of another flight can influence the nest enough to change it.

Renting wise, while the CFCE might be backed up, there are tons of users willing to lend a nest or you can do a switch where you breed the pair of anoher and they do the same with your pair. You just have to start your own tread instead of using the renting tread.

You also mentioned that once you changed the nest you will need to purify it.
So either the nest remains of another flight unless you choose to return to your normal flight nest or you get stuck with a useless nest if you don't have the currency to change it back.
No support.
Lore wise, the eggs are born, in my case, plague so there is no way the energy of another flight can influence the nest enough to change it.

Renting wise, while the CFCE might be backed up, there are tons of users willing to lend a nest or you can do a switch where you breed the pair of anoher and they do the same with your pair. You just have to start your own tread instead of using the renting tread.

You also mentioned that once you changed the nest you will need to purify it.
So either the nest remains of another flight unless you choose to return to your normal flight nest or you get stuck with a useless nest if you don't have the currency to change it back.
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
No support.

Just rent a nest like everyone else. There are several Organisations/Communities which already do this (found in Dragon Share/Dragons Wanted forums).

Just sign up and it's an easy fix.
No support.

Just rent a nest like everyone else. There are several Organisations/Communities which already do this (found in Dragon Share/Dragons Wanted forums).

Just sign up and it's an easy fix.
sUmv6eQ.png
rplwVEv.pngsOXqhIy.pngGfYgiqB.pngfciIpxD.pngVQWTC36.png
1 2