Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familars
1 2
So, I'm up to 202 familiars, and I know there are people with far more. I can't help but find myself wishing we had a bond all button. It takes about 30 mins to bond with all of mine, and I really would love to see that added in a future update, as it would save a lot of us a ton of time, and hand cramps.
So, I'm up to 202 familiars, and I know there are people with far more. I can't help but find myself wishing we had a bond all button. It takes about 30 mins to bond with all of mine, and I really would love to see that added in a future update, as it would save a lot of us a ton of time, and hand cramps.
The world is chaos, and I'm loving EVERY second of it. Come, have a seat, and watch the world burn with me.
No support. Or maybe only Awakened ones since they won't give any chests anymore.
No support. Or maybe only Awakened ones since they won't give any chests anymore.
+10 FR T
IKTR: while I do have a fandragon tab my whole lair is filled with refs
hRysX66.png
Bonding from the beastiary I could support, but no bond all button unless it is with awakened only. We're meant to put in the work for the chests and the refreshes give ad revenue.
Bonding from the beastiary I could support, but no bond all button unless it is with awakened only. We're meant to put in the work for the chests and the refreshes give ad revenue.
No support unless it's for awakened familiars only.
No support unless it's for awakened familiars only.
I think a bond all button/feature should only be used for already awakened familiars. For any of the un-awakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the un-awakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 un-awakened familiars, for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I would love to see a way to bond your familiars through the bestiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon or another such method.
I think a bond all button/feature should only be used for already awakened familiars. For any of the un-awakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the un-awakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 un-awakened familiars, for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I would love to see a way to bond your familiars through the bestiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon or another such method.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars perm. connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 300 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 15,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that a Fairground button would "save us a lot of time and hand cramps." Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Absolutely no support. If people want treasure and gilded chests, they can work for it. Bonding with familiars is not necessary; it's a bonus. An extra. If someone can't bond with them all...don't. That person could use the time to earn even more treasure from the FG. Being able to Bond All with familiars means a ton more treasure getting poured into the system. I only bond with the familiars perm. connected to my dragons. If I Bonded All with a single click, I would get over 300 familiars bonded instead of a couple dozen. Once they're all awakened, that would be 15,000 treasure I would earn from a single, effortless click every single day. And that's not even counting all the gilded chests it would throw into the system; people already complain those are worthless. Can you imagine how worthless they'd become then?

Clicking through every page generates a lot of ad revenue for FR. A Bond All would literally rip money from the site to help it run. This also factors into the gems we get from chests earned through Bonding. FR can afford to give us those gems because of ad revenue. If we take away the ad revenue with a "Bond All" button, then we really are putting FR into a hole financially. In that case, FR may just nerf the chests to make up for it, making bonding (and other chests) far less profitable.

Plus, it makes no sense lore wise. "Hi familiars! I want to get close to you all, but I can't be bothered to to spend time with you all individually. So get close together, and I'll glance at you all once! There! Don't you all feel so much closer to me? Now gimme treasure."

And then what? We get to the end of all our familiars in a couple months, then FR gets flooded with suggestions for stages beyond Awakened and random drops of gilded chests beyond that (with all the economical implications brought on), people complaining about familiars being boring and worthless once awakened, and/or demands for more and more familiars being released at a faster pace so people have more to bond with to get the rewards, creating a negative spiral. More and more familiars would also put newer members at a disadvantage; as the list of retired familiars grows, newcomers are looking at more and more daily rewards they can't get because they cannot bond with those familiars.

The only things I would support are: bond individually through the Bestiary, color-coded hearts so people know which familiars they bonded with/which stage each familiar is at, keyboard controls for bonding, OR a way to bond without scrolling down. The latter, I came up with a workaround. Zoom out so you view FR at 80%. This fits the familiar button on screen so users can click without scrolling.

I mean, I could argue that a Fairground button would "save us a lot of time and hand cramps." Therefore, FR should just give me cap every day since I can't be bothered to actually earn the treasure myself. No support. This always feels like a laziness suggestion.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1194354&p=mb
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
You're all forgetting that some of us folks don't have high speed internet (Yes that still exists), and it takes over an hour to get through half a lair worth of familiars, if at all. Plus when the site is being laggy for whatever reason, it's just impossible. I have siblings that aren't allowed more than an hour on the computer a day. Seems kind of unfair to them to be unable to have the chance at bonding. Or for folks that have busy lives and can't spend half a day puttsing on a game, but still want to enjoy playing. I'm all for working to get your chests, but please remember that 99% of these chests have crap in them anyway. Seriously, crap. I'm talking about the gildeds too. Plus whether you work hard or hit a button to bond them all, you are still going to run out of familiars to get chests from. So if it happens in six months or a year, it's going to happen. It's not like they will magically get more chests with a "Bond All" button. It's not like you'll be deprived somehow by not have to waste an extra forty minutes clicking your mouse. There is seriously no negative besides coding to it.
You're all forgetting that some of us folks don't have high speed internet (Yes that still exists), and it takes over an hour to get through half a lair worth of familiars, if at all. Plus when the site is being laggy for whatever reason, it's just impossible. I have siblings that aren't allowed more than an hour on the computer a day. Seems kind of unfair to them to be unable to have the chance at bonding. Or for folks that have busy lives and can't spend half a day puttsing on a game, but still want to enjoy playing. I'm all for working to get your chests, but please remember that 99% of these chests have crap in them anyway. Seriously, crap. I'm talking about the gildeds too. Plus whether you work hard or hit a button to bond them all, you are still going to run out of familiars to get chests from. So if it happens in six months or a year, it's going to happen. It's not like they will magically get more chests with a "Bond All" button. It's not like you'll be deprived somehow by not have to waste an extra forty minutes clicking your mouse. There is seriously no negative besides coding to it.
tumblr_inline_nk71a9tcrJ1qg2i5p.png
[quote name="@Azmetra" date=2015-12-01 12:44:05] You're all forgetting that some of us folks don't have high speed internet (Yes that still exists), and it takes over an hour to get through half a lair worth of familiars, if at all. Plus when the site is being laggy for whatever reason, it's just impossible. I have siblings that aren't allowed more than an hour on the computer a day. Seems kind of unfair to them to be unable to have the chance at bonding. Or for folks that have busy lives and can't spend half a day puttsing on a game, but still want to enjoy playing. I'm all for working to get your chests, but please remember that 99% of these chests have crap in them anyway. Seriously, crap. I'm talking about the gildeds too. Plus whether you work hard or hit a button to bond them all, you are still going to run out of familiars to get chests from. So if it happens in six months or a year, it's going to happen. It's not like they will magically get more chests with a "Bond All" button. It's not like you'll be deprived somehow by not have to waste an extra forty minutes clicking your mouse. There is seriously no negative besides coding to it. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] I have horrible internet and it takes me about a minute to run through 45-60 attached familiars. A lot of it comes down to just knowing how to do it quickly. FR can't really be responsible for folks who can't access the site for as long as they want- and bonding is completely optional anyway. If you believe the chests and everything isn't worth it, there are other ways to make money that require less effort than familiar bonding- Baldwin and Tomo are two good ones. Baldwin is just a few clicks every 30 minutes, melting down apparel and familiars will always give you a material that can be sold for a lot more than the original item cost. If it takes you over an hour to bond with 50 familiars then something isn't being done right and optimizations can be done on your end. Open your lair page and ctrl+click each dragon to open each page up in a new tab. Navigate to the first tab and bond with the familiar, then when the confirmation pops up, hit ctrl+w to close the tab- this will automatically bring you to the next tab and you can repeat this as many times as needed. You don't need to move your mouse at all once it's on the bonding heart and you don't need to close the confirmation box once it pops up. It takes me less than a minute to go through and do this- if this is confusing (I'm bad at explaining things gah) let me know because it's a big time saver ^^
@Azmetra wrote on 2015-12-01:

I have horrible internet and it takes me about a minute to run through 45-60 attached familiars. A lot of it comes down to just knowing how to do it quickly. FR can't really be responsible for folks who can't access the site for as long as they want- and bonding is completely optional anyway. If you believe the chests and everything isn't worth it, there are other ways to make money that require less effort than familiar bonding- Baldwin and Tomo are two good ones. Baldwin is just a few clicks every 30 minutes, melting down apparel and familiars will always give you a material that can be sold for a lot more than the original item cost.

If it takes you over an hour to bond with 50 familiars then something isn't being done right and optimizations can be done on your end.

Open your lair page and ctrl+click each dragon to open each page up in a new tab. Navigate to the first tab and bond with the familiar, then when the confirmation pops up, hit ctrl+w to close the tab- this will automatically bring you to the next tab and you can repeat this as many times as needed. You don't need to move your mouse at all once it's on the bonding heart and you don't need to close the confirmation box once it pops up. It takes me less than a minute to go through and do this- if this is confusing (I'm bad at explaining things gah) let me know because it's a big time saver ^^
[quote name="Azmetra" date=2015-12-01 12:44:05]There is seriously no negative besides coding to it.[/quote] There are actually two big negatives aside from time spent coding a bond all feature: --Reduced revenue for the site because of reduction of page views. --More lag due to the fact that it would require multiple actions (marking the familiar bonded for the day, changing the current bonding percentage, generating a chest) multiplied by however many familiars. The awakened only familiars is a compromise as that would reduce the clicking on the player end and be less rough on the site
Azmetra wrote on 2015-12-01:
There is seriously no negative besides coding to it.
There are actually two big negatives aside from time spent coding a bond all feature:
--Reduced revenue for the site because of reduction of page views.
--More lag due to the fact that it would require multiple actions (marking the familiar bonded for the day, changing the current bonding percentage, generating a chest) multiplied by however many familiars.

The awakened only familiars is a compromise as that would reduce the clicking on the player end and be less rough on the site
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I think it would be a pretty good idea.
I think it would be a pretty good idea.
omnislash_v5_short_version_by_ryumakkuro-d3iahyg.gifRoxas.gif
1 2