Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Holiday Apparel
1 2 3
[quote name="hat17" date=2015-12-01 10:36:01] While I can see how making them relatively generic can be a workaround, I really don’t like the idea of including things that would remind others of human holidays. FR is really good for doing no human holiday, and I was already a bit disappointed that they have turkey. Take the example of furry hats, if they are generic enough that it would not remind a passerby of xmas then I can support, otherwise I’m sorry I cannot support this. [/quote] No support for the reasons stated above. I also don't want religion brought into FR because it's always been very neutral.
hat17 wrote on 2015-12-01:
While I can see how making them relatively generic can be a workaround, I really don’t like the idea of including things that would remind others of human holidays. FR is really good for doing no human holiday, and I was already a bit disappointed that they have turkey. Take the example of furry hats, if they are generic enough that it would not remind a passerby of xmas then I can support, otherwise I’m sorry I cannot support this.
No support for the reasons stated above. I also don't want religion brought into FR because it's always been very neutral.
all of my hoards are located here! // free level twenty-four cauldron!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
I would support for... generic, maybe seasonally themed things, like winter coats and hats, or harvest themed foods like the turkey dinner, or even balloons and glittery or fireworks. But not something that is specific to a holiday. Our dragons dress up, and celebrate, but they are not Our celebrations.
I would support for... generic, maybe seasonally themed things, like winter coats and hats, or harvest themed foods like the turkey dinner, or even balloons and glittery or fireworks. But not something that is specific to a holiday. Our dragons dress up, and celebrate, but they are not Our celebrations.
I don't support apparel that is tied to any real life holiday because it starts to bring religion into the site. We already have 11 perfectly fine holidays and NotN that works as FRs holidays and custom skins to add whatever holiday detail you might want to your dragon.

I do however not oppose seasonal apparel like the seasonal 'breath-fall' apparel?
Autumn could have stuff like autumn leaves and different nuts tied together in a lei or similar decoration? Or maybe different apparal made from woven-together grain?

Winter could have some thik fur coats, hats, gloves and maybe even tail-wraps. Maybe some icy jewelery?

Spring is technically already represented well with the flower apparel, I must admit I don't have a lot of ideas here ^^'

Summer could be some colourfull apparel with stuff like seashells, peals, kelp, maybe scarfs to cover the head?
I don't support apparel that is tied to any real life holiday because it starts to bring religion into the site. We already have 11 perfectly fine holidays and NotN that works as FRs holidays and custom skins to add whatever holiday detail you might want to your dragon.

I do however not oppose seasonal apparel like the seasonal 'breath-fall' apparel?
Autumn could have stuff like autumn leaves and different nuts tied together in a lei or similar decoration? Or maybe different apparal made from woven-together grain?

Winter could have some thik fur coats, hats, gloves and maybe even tail-wraps. Maybe some icy jewelery?

Spring is technically already represented well with the flower apparel, I must admit I don't have a lot of ideas here ^^'

Summer could be some colourfull apparel with stuff like seashells, peals, kelp, maybe scarfs to cover the head?
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
I'm totally up for some seasonal/celebratory apparel! I like the tinsel wreath idea (Light Flight would adore it I'm sure!), I like the acorn-lei idea, jewelry and apparel that suits the season without necessarily getting too religious. I'd LOVE candle apparel (like a dragon wearing candles, I know there's at least a few accents like this already! I could see it as a baldwin item, if you trade in beeswax and a few firestarters or something!), carved pumpkins would be awesome to me (Especially more 'traditional' pumpkins, or even other veggies! I'm told the original tradition started with a turnip, not a pumpkin, but I'm no scholar on the subject). Black cat familiars, too.

You know...

It'd be nice if we could get more out of our holiday celebrations on FR. Not like "festive favours" stuff, but I mean like, site decorations. I know holiday games have been suggested in the past, but it'd be nice if the festivals actually felt like festivals, you know? Maybe those tinsel wreaths could come in clan colours, and be available during the whole month of the festival, so clans could get pumped for their festival in advance? Things like that, maybe?
I'm totally up for some seasonal/celebratory apparel! I like the tinsel wreath idea (Light Flight would adore it I'm sure!), I like the acorn-lei idea, jewelry and apparel that suits the season without necessarily getting too religious. I'd LOVE candle apparel (like a dragon wearing candles, I know there's at least a few accents like this already! I could see it as a baldwin item, if you trade in beeswax and a few firestarters or something!), carved pumpkins would be awesome to me (Especially more 'traditional' pumpkins, or even other veggies! I'm told the original tradition started with a turnip, not a pumpkin, but I'm no scholar on the subject). Black cat familiars, too.

You know...

It'd be nice if we could get more out of our holiday celebrations on FR. Not like "festive favours" stuff, but I mean like, site decorations. I know holiday games have been suggested in the past, but it'd be nice if the festivals actually felt like festivals, you know? Maybe those tinsel wreaths could come in clan colours, and be available during the whole month of the festival, so clans could get pumped for their festival in advance? Things like that, maybe?
Returning after a long hiatus, a lot has changed!
Please be patient while I get used to things again :)
1 2 3