Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lair Decorating Option
1 2
Like most social games that involve having digital pets. I would like to be able to have a lair I can see, decorate, put my dragons in and show off. I always gather items that just sit in my hoard to collect dust or until I sell it/ Growing up with Club penguin and Neopets, I don't see why this place shouldn't have this option either.
Like most social games that involve having digital pets. I would like to be able to have a lair I can see, decorate, put my dragons in and show off. I always gather items that just sit in my hoard to collect dust or until I sell it/ Growing up with Club penguin and Neopets, I don't see why this place shouldn't have this option either.
bo99h7E.png
I like the idea. Could be a lot of fun.
I like the idea. Could be a lot of fun.
I wanted this really badly. I want to be able to decorate some type of den/lair/home with furniture. I understand this would be a lot of work: coding, artwork, server loading...so I know this would be way, way down the line. But please?
I wanted this really badly. I want to be able to decorate some type of den/lair/home with furniture. I understand this would be a lot of work: coding, artwork, server loading...so I know this would be way, way down the line. But please?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I feel this might be cool way down the line as mentioned above, but I don't think it really fits in with the aesthetic of the site right now. I'm probably in the minority there though.
I feel this might be cool way down the line as mentioned above, but I don't think it really fits in with the aesthetic of the site right now. I'm probably in the minority there though.
I think maybe what would be a cool idea is if we could use Swipp again to trade out hoard stuff. But this time, he's trading these items so you can get these sort of decoration images for the side bars of the site.

For example: (Excuse the crude drawing, but you get the idea...)
264jm1v.png

1. You can trade skulls or bird skull necklaces you already have so that you can get this hanging skulls decoration.

2. Trade gems and minerals for a growing crystals decoration (Depending on the gems he asks for, you get different colors. Like trade emerald and you get green. Bloodstone for Black and red iridescent ones, etc)

3. Trade various plant foods and broken vase pieces for hanging potted plant decorations. (Depending on the plant he asks for, you get that plant. Similar to the gems decoration.)

4. Trade Battle horns and various moss or cascading plants to get this hanging battle horn planter decoration

5.Trade fertility statues to get this decoration.

These are just a few examples of decorations I could think of off the top of my head while looking at stuff in my hoard but there are probably TONS of different decorations that could come out of this.
Like maybe trade a stormseeker and a few empty zalis nests to get a little sleeping, nesting stormseeker as a decoration.

IDK. What do you guys think?
I think maybe what would be a cool idea is if we could use Swipp again to trade out hoard stuff. But this time, he's trading these items so you can get these sort of decoration images for the side bars of the site.

264jm1v.png

1. You can trade skulls or bird skull necklaces you already have so that you can get this hanging skulls decoration.

2. Trade gems and minerals for a growing crystals decoration (Depending on the gems he asks for, you get different colors. Like trade emerald and you get green. Bloodstone for Black and red iridescent ones, etc)

3. Trade various plant foods and broken vase pieces for hanging potted plant decorations. (Depending on the plant he asks for, you get that plant. Similar to the gems decoration.)

4. Trade Battle horns and various moss or cascading plants to get this hanging battle horn planter decoration

These are just a few examples of decorations I could think of off the top of my head while looking at stuff in my hoard but there are probably TONS of different decorations that could come out of this.
Like maybe trade a stormseeker and a few empty zalis nests to get a little sleeping, nesting stormseeker as a decoration.

[quote name="@AngelSami" date=2015-11-24 22:03:15] I think maybe what would be a cool idea is if we could use Swipp again to trade out hoard stuff. But this time, he's trading these items so you can get these sort of decoration images for the side bars of the site. For example: (Excuse the crude drawing, but you get the idea...) 1. You can trade skulls or bird skull necklaces you already have so that you can get this hanging skulls decoration. 2. Trade gems and minerals for a growing crystals decoration (Depending on the gems he asks for, you get different colors. Like trade emerald and you get green. Bloodstone for Black and red iridescent ones, etc) 3. Trade various plant foods and broken vase pieces for hanging potted plant decorations. (Depending on the plant he asks for, you get that plant. Similar to the gems decoration.) 4. Trade Battle horns and various moss or cascading plants to get this hanging battle horn planter decoration 5.Trade fertility statues to get this decoration. These are just a few examples of decorations I could think of off the top of my head while looking at stuff in my hoard but there are probably TONS of different decorations that could come out of this. Like maybe trade a stormseeker and a few empty zalis nests to get a little sleeping, nesting stormseeker as a decoration. IDK. What do you guys think? [/quote] [color=#585c4f]I totally dig this (and your example is very aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason)-- I feel it might be distracting for some players though, assuming the additions can be viewed by everyone and not just the owner of them. I would *love* to have potted plants hung in my lair. (also in my kitchen in real life. I'm planning a hanging herb garden next year and this has reminded me of it and now I'm excited)
@AngelSami wrote on 2015-11-24:

I totally dig this (and your example is very aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason)-- I feel it might be distracting for some players though, assuming the additions can be viewed by everyone and not just the owner of them.

I would *love* to have potted plants hung in my lair. (also in my kitchen in real life. I'm planning a hanging herb garden next year and this has reminded me of it and now I'm excited)
Quote:
I totally dig this (and your example is very aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason)-- I feel it might be distracting for some players though, assuming the additions can be viewed by everyone and not just the owner of them.

I would *love* to have potted plants hung in my lair. (also in my kitchen in real life. I'm planning a hanging herb garden next year and this has reminded me of it and now I'm excited)

I personally would like it if you could view what decorations other people have put in their lairs.
I guess it would be distracting for some users but you can't please everyone.
It's like with that whole Hypnotic debacle where some users would get headaches looking at it.
I feel awful for those users or the users who would find this decorations idea distracting but I don't think they shouldn't do this because of those handful of users.

(Also, I would love hanging cactus more specifically. Since I have a ton of cute cacti all over my window sills. lol)

Maybe there should also be a little switch that would turn decorations off? So those users wouldn't see the distracting stuff? I don't know how complicated or what kind of coding would have to be put in for that kind of switch but it's worth a shot adding to my original idea.
Quote:

I personally would like it if you could view what decorations other people have put in their lairs.
I guess it would be distracting for some users but you can't please everyone.
It's like with that whole Hypnotic debacle where some users would get headaches looking at it.
I feel awful for those users or the users who would find this decorations idea distracting but I don't think they shouldn't do this because of those handful of users.

(Also, I would love hanging cactus more specifically. Since I have a ton of cute cacti all over my window sills. lol)

Maybe there should also be a little switch that would turn decorations off? So those users wouldn't see the distracting stuff? I don't know how complicated or what kind of coding would have to be put in for that kind of switch but it's worth a shot adding to my original idea.
I'd love to be able to use the boards we get to make shelves and cases. Each dragon could have a showplace for their particular treasures. You could use sand to make glass and various minerals to color the glass as well. Grasses and vines to make baskets.

Maybe even have skills the dragons have to level to make the stuff.
I'd love to be able to use the boards we get to make shelves and cases. Each dragon could have a showplace for their particular treasures. You could use sand to make glass and various minerals to color the glass as well. Grasses and vines to make baskets.

177499lightofknowledge2.png
Totally supported! I always want to change flight because of the "boring" background for ice... ( don't be mad at me please that's just my opinion)
A little decoration would look great ^-^
Totally supported! I always want to change flight because of the "boring" background for ice... ( don't be mad at me please that's just my opinion)
A little decoration would look great ^-^
IMG-2180.png -—--tumblr_pelod6tOrq1tv56zio8_100.png —- -» Accents
—- -» Dragons
—- --» Art
[quote name="Lightning" date=2015-11-25 09:57:13] I'd love to be able to use the boards we get to make shelves and cases. Each dragon could have a showplace for their particular treasures. You could use sand to make glass and various minerals to color the glass as well. Grasses and vines to make baskets. Maybe even have skills the dragons have to level to make the stuff. [/quote] Oh my goodness! I didn't even think of shelves! I would kill for some neat knick-knack shelves for my lair. Considering that half of my lairs interests are treasure hunting and scavenging. lol And the grass used to weave baskets is a great idea too! Making certain decorations out of core materials instead of already pre-existing ones. Like trading driftwood and different types of logs for different wood carving decorations. I think a REALLY neat one that I thought of was, you always get materials like Webbed Paw or Wolf pelts. It would be awesome if you could trade a certain amount of those in order to get a trophy stuffed animal decoration! Like if your clan has a few hunters and they're showing off their biggest kills!
Lightning wrote on 2015-11-25:

Oh my goodness! I didn't even think of shelves! I would kill for some neat knick-knack shelves for my lair. Considering that half of my lairs interests are treasure hunting and scavenging. lol
And the grass used to weave baskets is a great idea too! Making certain decorations out of core materials instead of already pre-existing ones. Like trading driftwood and different types of logs for different wood carving decorations.
I think a REALLY neat one that I thought of was, you always get materials like Webbed Paw or Wolf pelts. It would be awesome if you could trade a certain amount of those in order to get a trophy stuffed animal decoration! Like if your clan has a few hunters and they're showing off their biggest kills!
1 2