Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Search for a range of things!
What I mean is, in the AH, instead of having to try like, 9 combinations of searches because the colors look alike, I was thinking, perhaps make a dropdown box with a checklist that you could check off like 'I want to search for Rose, Red and Stone-Maroon for primaries. I want to search through orange and banana for secondaries and maroon- coral for tertiaries'. I feel like this would make finding dragons more efficient!

Adding this to the breeds would help too, as well as the genes. Basically just adding where you can check some of them while leaving others unselected would be cool! In the dragon search would be awesome!

So in the end, something where I could be like 'Coatl, Wildclaw, Imperial' and check the breeds for only searching for those. Then whatever colors I'd be okay with, and then whatever genes, so on and so forth! :D
What I mean is, in the AH, instead of having to try like, 9 combinations of searches because the colors look alike, I was thinking, perhaps make a dropdown box with a checklist that you could check off like 'I want to search for Rose, Red and Stone-Maroon for primaries. I want to search through orange and banana for secondaries and maroon- coral for tertiaries'. I feel like this would make finding dragons more efficient!

Adding this to the breeds would help too, as well as the genes. Basically just adding where you can check some of them while leaving others unselected would be cool! In the dragon search would be awesome!

So in the end, something where I could be like 'Coatl, Wildclaw, Imperial' and check the breeds for only searching for those. Then whatever colors I'd be okay with, and then whatever genes, so on and so forth! :D
Since a really nice, and helpful idea. I don't know how much code that'd require, and if it would make it a bit more laggy, but that would definitely be helpful during shopping! Support!
Since a really nice, and helpful idea. I don't know how much code that'd require, and if it would make it a bit more laggy, but that would definitely be helpful during shopping! Support!
I support the idea of us being able to search for a certain range of colors in the AH as well as multiple species.

This sort of idea has been suggested before. c:
Always support the idea of the AH being more organized.
I support the idea of us being able to search for a certain range of colors in the AH as well as multiple species.

This sort of idea has been suggested before. c:
Always support the idea of the AH being more organized.
Yeah, the compilation thread has these and I always support anything with an upgrade to the search features.
Yeah, the compilation thread has these and I always support anything with an upgrade to the search features.
Signature-1-Avani-8069.png
Yes please ^-^
Yes please ^-^
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
Pretty please with sugar on top.
Pretty please with sugar on top.
Stuff will one day go here.
Support!
Support!
I made a mockup of how the AH could look with most of the extended searches (missed a few) [img]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/PawPrintExpress/AdvancedSearchMockup.jpg[/img] Basically both sections would look identical (except in the case of male/female where searching for one would naturally exclude the other, think when I made the mockup I *ahem* missed that little point and cases like that where the are basically two choices) And it would be a popup under an 'advanced search' link, leaving the way we search now as default for those who are happy with it, or just don't need the extended. It would also pretty much work like most extended searches. You could pick and choose what you searched for and what you excluded (want a blue range/blue range primary/tertiary dragon, but don't want pink range tert, but fine with the others? just pick those options) Edit: does anyone know how to do a thumbnail type thing on the boards? That isn't the true size of the picture, so to me at least, some details are fuzzy and I would like to be able to make at least that a thumbnail and allow a user to perhaps open up the full picture by clicking on it. Is that possible?
I made a mockup of how the AH could look with most of the extended searches (missed a few)

AdvancedSearchMockup.jpg

Basically both sections would look identical (except in the case of male/female where searching for one would naturally exclude the other, think when I made the mockup I *ahem* missed that little point and cases like that where the are basically two choices) And it would be a popup under an 'advanced search' link, leaving the way we search now as default for those who are happy with it, or just don't need the extended. It would also pretty much work like most extended searches. You could pick and choose what you searched for and what you excluded (want a blue range/blue range primary/tertiary dragon, but don't want pink range tert, but fine with the others? just pick those options)

Edit: does anyone know how to do a thumbnail type thing on the boards? That isn't the true size of the picture, so to me at least, some details are fuzzy and I would like to be able to make at least that a thumbnail and allow a user to perhaps open up the full picture by clicking on it. Is that possible?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png