Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Warn new players to name before auction
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Kimikada" date=2015-10-31 20:48:31] [center]No support. While I get it can irk some users when they go through their offspring lists that there are unnamed babies, they have to understand that that specific dragon is NOT their dragon, and it was the buyers right to leave them unnamed, wither the breeder likes it or not. [/center] [/quote] i think that was actually the point of this suggestion :o to have a popup or note that reminds breeders that sold dragons aren't theirs anymore, and the buyer can do whatever they want so long as they aren't harrassing anyone anyway, support !
Kimikada wrote on 2015-10-31:
No support. While I get it can irk some users when they go through their offspring lists that there are unnamed babies, they have to understand that that specific dragon is NOT their dragon, and it was the buyers right to leave them unnamed, wither the breeder likes it or not.

i think that was actually the point of this suggestion :o to have a popup or note that reminds breeders that sold dragons aren't theirs anymore, and the buyer can do whatever they want so long as they aren't harrassing anyone

anyway, support !
7zOPjcL.png
Support for a notice on the auction page that mentions that other users may rename the dragon after purchase. This covers both rename scrolls and unnamed dragons.

Something like this would serve as a warning without stigmatizing exalting or unnamed dragons:

"Once you sell your dragon, they're off to see the world with a new clan! They may find a new name, undergo magical changes, or find their place serving one of the world's deities. Chances are they won't end up back in your clan again, so make sure you're certain about selling them!"

I'm sure there's some way to fit unnamed dragons specifically into a blurb like that but you get my point.
Support for a notice on the auction page that mentions that other users may rename the dragon after purchase. This covers both rename scrolls and unnamed dragons.

Something like this would serve as a warning without stigmatizing exalting or unnamed dragons:

"Once you sell your dragon, they're off to see the world with a new clan! They may find a new name, undergo magical changes, or find their place serving one of the world's deities. Chances are they won't end up back in your clan again, so make sure you're certain about selling them!"

I'm sure there's some way to fit unnamed dragons specifically into a blurb like that but you get my point.
[quote name="Vely" date=2015-10-31 23:52:25] Support for a notice on the auction page that mentions that other users may rename the dragon after purchase. This covers both rename scrolls and unnamed dragons. Something like this would serve as a warning without stigmatizing exalting or unnamed dragons: "Once you sell your dragon, they're off to see the world with a new clan! They may find a new name, undergo magical changes, or find their place serving one of the world's deities. Chances are they won't end up back in your clan again, so make sure you're certain about selling them!" I'm sure there's some way to fit unnamed dragons specifically into a blurb like that but you get my point. [/quote]
Vely wrote on 2015-10-31:

natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Support for some sort of brief one time notice or disclaimer that you no longer have control over your dragons once you decide to sell/trade them away.
Support for some sort of brief one time notice or disclaimer that you no longer have control over your dragons once you decide to sell/trade them away.
tumblr_ozl54fdz7Q1wvvm88o2_100.png t0QOcry.png
Personally, I don't appreciate this. I buy lots of dragons on the AH that I have to buy rename scrolls for because someone gave them an awful name. I think it would make more sense if you could not exalt an unnamed dragon so no dragons are exalted name free and nobody has to waste tons of money renaming them.
Personally, I don't appreciate this. I buy lots of dragons on the AH that I have to buy rename scrolls for because someone gave them an awful name. I think it would make more sense if you could not exalt an unnamed dragon so no dragons are exalted name free and nobody has to waste tons of money renaming them.
O7IFtNN.png7uJrkFc.png
[quote name="Attor" date=2015-11-01 14:04:27] Personally, I don't appreciate this. I buy lots of dragons on the AH that I have to buy rename scrolls for because someone gave them an awful name. I think it would make more sense if you could not exalt an unnamed dragon so no dragons are exalted name free and nobody has to waste tons of money renaming them. [/quote] Except... some people WANT unnamed dragons. That unnamed dragon that you complain about might be someone else's parent for one of their lore babies. All those 'name unnamed exalts' threads is what this thread is hoping to avoid, by telling people that once the dragon leaves their lair it is NOT their dragon any more and they have no say over what happens to it unless something is against the rules. Secondly, you don't technically have to 'waste money' by renaming them. I have bought a couple of dragons I don't like the names of, but because I am lazy, they still have those names. Or you could get in touch with the breeders of the dragon and ask if they plan to breed the parents again and if so, if you get a certain color combo can you buy it unnamed. there are numerous options available to avoid renaming scrolls, or if you truly like the dragon, or at least *I* feel this way, 6K a scroll is NOT a lot of money if the dragon is going to be in my lair for as long as I have an account on this site.
Attor wrote on 2015-11-01:

Except... some people WANT unnamed dragons. That unnamed dragon that you complain about might be someone else's parent for one of their lore babies.

All those 'name unnamed exalts' threads is what this thread is hoping to avoid, by telling people that once the dragon leaves their lair it is NOT their dragon any more and they have no say over what happens to it unless something is against the rules.

Secondly, you don't technically have to 'waste money' by renaming them. I have bought a couple of dragons I don't like the names of, but because I am lazy, they still have those names. Or you could get in touch with the breeders of the dragon and ask if they plan to breed the parents again and if so, if you get a certain color combo can you buy it unnamed. there are numerous options available to avoid renaming scrolls, or if you truly like the dragon, or at least *I* feel this way, 6K a scroll is NOT a lot of money if the dragon is going to be in my lair for as long as I have an account on this site.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support.

I was very lucky. My first nest was exalted as hatchlings at an newbie rate of 3K a dragon, but they were all given names. Having not investigated the forums, it would've been nice to have some sort of warning or tutorial about it.

It might not technically be a mechanic.... but it is an ingrained social aspect of the site that's good to know.
Support.

I was very lucky. My first nest was exalted as hatchlings at an newbie rate of 3K a dragon, but they were all given names. Having not investigated the forums, it would've been nice to have some sort of warning or tutorial about it.

It might not technically be a mechanic.... but it is an ingrained social aspect of the site that's good to know.
g4DcSLb.gif BBnXVzW.png2prab01.jpg
[quote name="Yoshilisk" date=2015-10-31 21:48:13] [quote name="Kimikada" date=2015-10-31 20:48:31] [center]No support. While I get it can irk some users when they go through their offspring lists that there are unnamed babies, they have to understand that that specific dragon is NOT their dragon, and it was the buyers right to leave them unnamed, wither the breeder likes it or not. [/center] [/quote] i think that was actually the point of this suggestion :o to have a popup or note that reminds breeders that sold dragons aren't theirs anymore, and the buyer can do whatever they want so long as they aren't harrassing anyone anyway, support ! [/quote] tbh no support. i don't see the need for a popup that tells someone sold dragons aren't theirs anymore/buyers can do what they want, since it's already pretty self-explanatory. if you're selling something you don't want it to be yours anymore. it would be a lot simpler for people who don't want their unnamed dragons exalted to just give them a name before they sell them.
Yoshilisk wrote on 2015-10-31:
Kimikada wrote on 2015-10-31:
No support. While I get it can irk some users when they go through their offspring lists that there are unnamed babies, they have to understand that that specific dragon is NOT their dragon, and it was the buyers right to leave them unnamed, wither the breeder likes it or not.

i think that was actually the point of this suggestion :o to have a popup or note that reminds breeders that sold dragons aren't theirs anymore, and the buyer can do whatever they want so long as they aren't harrassing anyone

anyway, support !

tbh no support. i don't see the need for a popup that tells someone sold dragons aren't theirs anymore/buyers can do what they want, since it's already pretty self-explanatory. if you're selling something you don't want it to be yours anymore.

it would be a lot simpler for people who don't want their unnamed dragons exalted to just give them a name before they sell them.
Z7d1txy.png
No support

It has always been that when you sell something without setting up rules that both parties agree to, you lose all right to what you sell.
In both the real world and on sites.

I support putting in the pop up that once you sell something you lose all rights to it.

Not that it really matters as enough people won't bother reading the pop ups and then complain any way.
No support

It has always been that when you sell something without setting up rules that both parties agree to, you lose all right to what you sell.
In both the real world and on sites.

I support putting in the pop up that once you sell something you lose all rights to it.

Not that it really matters as enough people won't bother reading the pop ups and then complain any way.
pontails_v2_0_by_viporion-d64jr46.gif
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Not even Jupiter can take back a lost oppertunity
This is pretty good. I support! (The popup)
I hate that one of my favorite dragons has unnamed in its offspring.
This is pretty good. I support! (The popup)
I hate that one of my favorite dragons has unnamed in its offspring.
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6