Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Remove +3 Month old Threads
1 2
[quote name="Zenelle" date=2015-06-17 06:42:35] No support. I like looking back to the forums of old to see how different things used to be :) It comes down to personal responsibility not to necro, really, although there's no real penalty for a mistaken necro. [/quote] As a member of Light flight, I cannot support the loss of historical information that would be caused by deleting old threads.
Zenelle wrote on 2015-06-17:
No support. I like looking back to the forums of old to see how different things used to be :) It comes down to personal responsibility not to necro, really, although there's no real penalty for a mistaken necro.

As a member of Light flight, I cannot support the loss of historical information that would be caused by deleting old threads.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Support. Useful/supportive/guide threads should be exempt, even legendary ones. GaiaOnline has a forum just for those kinds of threads. But we do not need to save every single post ever made. Stuff really should be cleaned out instead of having FR host threads never used/seen again.
Support. Useful/supportive/guide threads should be exempt, even legendary ones. GaiaOnline has a forum just for those kinds of threads. But we do not need to save every single post ever made. Stuff really should be cleaned out instead of having FR host threads never used/seen again.
ci3UVKu.png
support for over 1 year threads,
support for over 1 year threads,
I love the 'dead' threads. It's like Flight Rising history! No support for removing them.

Also how frustrating would it be to constantly have your posts made number fluctuate as threads get deleted?
I love the 'dead' threads. It's like Flight Rising history! No support for removing them.

Also how frustrating would it be to constantly have your posts made number fluctuate as threads get deleted?
x1mD4Xh.pngzoCeqQ0.pngYyfc5Na.pngKgQ7j9D.pngm24-book.pngler7xW0.pnga7JKqlT.png7dOHDBn.png1vlwyTw.pngrjXEjPR.pngBXW0MaW.pngs8-m2-l15-m18-s19-m18-book.pngIQWnd9j.pngdk3PLcY.pngnfbTJzW.pnghU1vCt6.png
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2015-06-17 01:05:06] No support. There are plenty of 'dead' threads that are good references in places like the general discussion forums. There are also plenty of players who reuse threads in sales, dragons wanted, etc The necro rule is fine. If someone posts in a thread that is covered by the necro rule the mods lock it. [/quote]
DragonSage wrote on 2015-06-17:
No support. There are plenty of 'dead' threads that are good references in places like the general discussion forums. There are also plenty of players who reuse threads in sales, dragons wanted, etc

The necro rule is fine. If someone posts in a thread that is covered by the necro rule the mods lock it.
jCVhFoZ.gif
This may be truly helpful. Sometimes when I look for dragons, the seller forgets to type "taken" or "sold", even though someone else has taken it already. Flight Rising has a lot of "dead" stores and raffles, and it would be helpful to reduce the clutter.
This may be truly helpful. Sometimes when I look for dragons, the seller forgets to type "taken" or "sold", even though someone else has taken it already. Flight Rising has a lot of "dead" stores and raffles, and it would be helpful to reduce the clutter.
no
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2015-06-17 04:44:27] No support. This would be a waste of mods' time when there's other things they could be doing. If the process were to be automated, it would have to be coded to include the exceptions, which include personal sales threads, the Suggestions forum, and the Guide forum. Otherwise, very valuable threads may be deleted, and the userbase would lose all that information. [/quote] [color=#585c4f] Basically this. I'm still not on board with the no-necro after 3 months thing either, I think more exceptions have to be made for that as well. :/
gemajgall wrote on 2015-06-17:
No support. This would be a waste of mods' time when there's other things they could be doing. If the process were to be automated, it would have to be coded to include the exceptions, which include personal sales threads, the Suggestions forum, and the Guide forum. Otherwise, very valuable threads may be deleted, and the userbase would lose all that information.

Basically this. I'm still not on board with the no-necro after 3 months thing either, I think more exceptions have to be made for that as well. :/
1 2