Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Item stack to 100 instead of 99
1 2 3
Not sure if this was suggested already, but I couldn't find it in the compilation thread. Simple quality-of-life suggestion: Let items in hoard stack to 100 instead of 99. Easier to count, track, math, PM, and so on. No longer sell a stack in 10's and have an odd 9 left over. If I see 9 stacks of 100 and a 17, I know I have 917 rather than having to calculate 9 * 99 + 17 = 908. Easier for Swipp's, easier for food merchants, easier for festival currency, strange chests, and whatever else is sold and bought in bulk. I'm not sure what this would break since computer integers don't overflow with a 100 instead of 99. EDIT: It seems that this phenomenon was seen once, but it wasn't formally implemented, so I assume it's possible without being too difficult! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1053309&page=1]See this thread.[/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/uT7rJX2.png[/img] ^Image from above thread where the 100 appears particularly tame and clearly isn't wreaking havoc
Not sure if this was suggested already, but I couldn't find it in the compilation thread.

Simple quality-of-life suggestion:
Let items in hoard stack to 100 instead of 99. Easier to count, track, math, PM, and so on. No longer sell a stack in 10's and have an odd 9 left over.

If I see 9 stacks of 100 and a 17, I know I have 917 rather than having to calculate 9 * 99 + 17 = 908.

Easier for Swipp's, easier for food merchants, easier for festival currency, strange chests, and whatever else is sold and bought in bulk.

I'm not sure what this would break since computer integers don't overflow with a 100 instead of 99.

EDIT: It seems that this phenomenon was seen once, but it wasn't formally implemented, so I assume it's possible without being too difficult! See this thread.

uT7rJX2.png
^Image from above thread where the 100 appears particularly tame and clearly isn't wreaking havoc
tumblr_o3xpxxgSCj1ucf4gpo1_500.png
Support. Swipp asks for stacks over 100 sometimes and it would raise accessibility to immediately see how many items of one stack you have instead of calculating first. It would be of help for dyscalculic people especially, and everyone else as well.
Support. Swipp asks for stacks over 100 sometimes and it would raise accessibility to immediately see how many items of one stack you have instead of calculating first. It would be of help for dyscalculic people especially, and everyone else as well.
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
Support. Because humans count in increments of 10 and it makes it hella easier for Swipps as was said!
Support. Because humans count in increments of 10 and it makes it hella easier for Swipps as was said!
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
I think it is so to keep things tidy and not poking out the sides. Some items have the number, an open-all, and the send-to-vault or a checkbox.

And no, not all humans could in increments of 10. Not a reason, just pointing it out.
I think it is so to keep things tidy and not poking out the sides. Some items have the number, an open-all, and the send-to-vault or a checkbox.

And no, not all humans could in increments of 10. Not a reason, just pointing it out.
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
@FRiv
I found this old thread where Gaia saw it happening, and it doesn't look too bad there. But it seems a one-time thing.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1053309&page=1

I thought about page formatting as something that might have to be tweaked, but I think most stuff with automatic send-to-vault doesn't stack in the hundreds anyways. The Strange Chests with their send-to-vault icon look like they have plenty of space to show 100 instead of 99 underneath.

I'm not sure what you mean by people not counting by 10's, but I assumed most people count by 10's and 100's better than they count by 9's and 99's.
@FRiv
I found this old thread where Gaia saw it happening, and it doesn't look too bad there. But it seems a one-time thing.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1053309&page=1

I thought about page formatting as something that might have to be tweaked, but I think most stuff with automatic send-to-vault doesn't stack in the hundreds anyways. The Strange Chests with their send-to-vault icon look like they have plenty of space to show 100 instead of 99 underneath.

I'm not sure what you mean by people not counting by 10's, but I assumed most people count by 10's and 100's better than they count by 9's and 99's.
tumblr_o3xpxxgSCj1ucf4gpo1_500.png
I'm selling my strange chests in stacks of 10, and it's a bit annoying to put several leftover 9s into the vault and take them back out to put them together. Support.
I'm selling my strange chests in stacks of 10, and it's a bit annoying to put several leftover 9s into the vault and take them back out to put them together. Support.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
Support.
Support.
Support. I always found it odd how it's stacks of 99 and not 100.
Support. I always found it odd how it's stacks of 99 and not 100.
6epgHfG.png
FREE Arcane Nests. Nest conditions on profile
FR +3
The treasure-giving items do, and the chests themselves. And for whatever reason, premium bundles.

Some places don't count by tens, apparently not counting my just their fingers, say. So they use other multipliers. I'm pretty sure folks using internet would have a grasp on 10's, even if they're used to something other, but since the above was said, I said... XD

99's aren't actually difficult. Even when I tanked at math, I knew that what you did was count the bunch as tens or hundreds and subtract a number per unit. 99 + 17? More like 117 - 1. And 1's are easy.
The treasure-giving items do, and the chests themselves. And for whatever reason, premium bundles.

Some places don't count by tens, apparently not counting my just their fingers, say. So they use other multipliers. I'm pretty sure folks using internet would have a grasp on 10's, even if they're used to something other, but since the above was said, I said... XD

99's aren't actually difficult. Even when I tanked at math, I knew that what you did was count the bunch as tens or hundreds and subtract a number per unit. 99 + 17? More like 117 - 1. And 1's are easy.
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
Support!
Support!
sig_by_berneri-d8ee8sg.png
1 2 3