Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Mated pair" dragons
1 2 3 4 5
maybe a matted pair would only be able to mate with each other and they can have a chance to have higher nest counts?
maybe a matted pair would only be able to mate with each other and they can have a chance to have higher nest counts?
A5i3AHB.png
People might abuse that function if it was too easy to switch partners,

I was thinking of having "last names" for the pairs so that mating them could just be "breed the "blacksmiths" if amy and joe where partneres and their last name or partner name was blacksmith"
People might abuse that function if it was too easy to switch partners,

I was thinking of having "last names" for the pairs so that mating them could just be "breed the "blacksmiths" if amy and joe where partneres and their last name or partner name was blacksmith"
I think it would be nice if you could save pairs, in that you would be able to select a pair with one click when breeding rather than going through the whole list to find the second mate each time.
I think it would be nice if you could save pairs, in that you would be able to select a pair with one click when breeding rather than going through the whole list to find the second mate each time.
llQQ9ok.gif
Check my profile for more links.
If this were to become a thing, then could there be an option for more than a two-person pair (I've got AT LEAST two triads going)? :)
If this were to become a thing, then could there be an option for more than a two-person pair (I've got AT LEAST two triads going)? :)
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
Actually, I remember Undel mentioning that there used to be a function where you can technically "mate" them together until you use a special scroll to break them up. Kind of like a marriage and divorce kind of thing, but then it was taken out since the admins believe that players should be able to let their dragons mate whoever they want and whenever they want without the restriction of the game mechanics to force them to be together.

I never change my dragons' partners ever since I started playing, so I put the couples right next to each other except for the first page dragons since I wanted to keep an order to the timeline of my rp dragons of when they join the clan. I also kept the gay and lesbian couples together, but haven't had time to right their info on their profile page yet. The NB ones are just sitting next to each other since I got them around the same time and I was too lazy to move them around.

This function I don't really see as important nor do I see any problems with except for tiny codings, so I'm quite okay either way. Kind of neutral on this I guess.
Actually, I remember Undel mentioning that there used to be a function where you can technically "mate" them together until you use a special scroll to break them up. Kind of like a marriage and divorce kind of thing, but then it was taken out since the admins believe that players should be able to let their dragons mate whoever they want and whenever they want without the restriction of the game mechanics to force them to be together.

I never change my dragons' partners ever since I started playing, so I put the couples right next to each other except for the first page dragons since I wanted to keep an order to the timeline of my rp dragons of when they join the clan. I also kept the gay and lesbian couples together, but haven't had time to right their info on their profile page yet. The NB ones are just sitting next to each other since I got them around the same time and I was too lazy to move them around.

This function I don't really see as important nor do I see any problems with except for tiny codings, so I'm quite okay either way. Kind of neutral on this I guess.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
I guess it owuld be a function for people who don't like writing much and prefer to tell stories with pictures,
I guess it owuld be a function for people who don't like writing much and prefer to tell stories with pictures,
[quote name="thedemonsurfer" date="2014-10-25 16:55:38"]Eh... I generally show my mated pairs by having them sit next to one another in my lair, or share a naming scheme or some apparel object. I don't really see what this would do that the Bio box can't.[/quote] I agree with the above user.
thedemonsurfer wrote on 2014-10-25 16:55:38:
Eh... I generally show my mated pairs by having them sit next to one another in my lair, or share a naming scheme or some apparel object. I don't really see what this would do that the Bio box can't.

I agree with the above user.
[quote name="NeonAppleDarko" date="2014-10-27 21:38:05"][quote name="thedemonsurfer" date="2014-10-25 16:55:38"]Eh... I generally show my mated pairs by having them sit next to one another in my lair, or share a naming scheme or some apparel object. I don't really see what this would do that the Bio box can't.[/quote] I agree with the above user.[/quote] ^This. In my lair, I denote pairings by placing them side by side, and updating their bio information. People that come to your lair can easily see the matings through the bios on the dragons. You can also make breeding cards to denote mate status in personal stuff like an RP thread or anything like that. I don't really see the need for a function that pairs them in any other way because the bio section is literally there for every reason of the use of information about the dragon, such as their mate and personal specs such as sexuality if they are an LGBT dragon or something like that. I dunno... there are other ways to denote a pairing, and like Scorpius said, a "mated" (marriage type) function existed once and flopped. So ... I think it's best to just stick with side-by-side positioning and bio write-ups with links to their mate, and possibly art (such as a breeding card or a mate card?) in their bio or on your own threads or something.
NeonAppleDarko wrote on 2014-10-27 21:38:05:
thedemonsurfer wrote on 2014-10-25 16:55:38:
Eh... I generally show my mated pairs by having them sit next to one another in my lair, or share a naming scheme or some apparel object. I don't really see what this would do that the Bio box can't.

I agree with the above user.

^This.

In my lair, I denote pairings by placing them side by side, and updating their bio information. People that come to your lair can easily see the matings through the bios on the dragons. You can also make breeding cards to denote mate status in personal stuff like an RP thread or anything like that.

I don't really see the need for a function that pairs them in any other way because the bio section is literally there for every reason of the use of information about the dragon, such as their mate and personal specs such as sexuality if they are an LGBT dragon or something like that.

I dunno... there are other ways to denote a pairing, and like Scorpius said, a "mated" (marriage type) function existed once and flopped.

So ... I think it's best to just stick with side-by-side positioning and bio write-ups with links to their mate, and possibly art (such as a breeding card or a mate card?) in their bio or on your own threads or something.
Support! This would be a pretty nice touch.
Support! This would be a pretty nice touch.
psychefennecat.png
[color=#585c4f] I'd like to be able to group mated pairs, like this: [img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/300/9/4/mp_by_cappydarn-d84f7ep.png[/img] Maybe even just freely group them, not necessarily by pairs. But something simple like this would be great IMO.
I'd like to be able to group mated pairs, like this:

mp_by_cappydarn-d84f7ep.png

Maybe even just freely group them, not necessarily by pairs. But something simple like this would be great IMO.
1 2 3 4 5