Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Four by four lair tiles
1 2 3 4
I want to say, first of all, that this site is fantastic and I love everything about it.

This is a preference suggestion more than anything else, but I have a lair theme going on and it would make the theme work so much better if I could have two pairs on every row, rather than two and whoops that one's split in half.

But to the developers and moderators: thank you for making this game!
I want to say, first of all, that this site is fantastic and I love everything about it.

This is a preference suggestion more than anything else, but I have a lair theme going on and it would make the theme work so much better if I could have two pairs on every row, rather than two and whoops that one's split in half.

But to the developers and moderators: thank you for making this game!
34xf4wg.jpg
I'd personally prefer 6 x 3, to be honest.
I'd personally prefer 6 x 3, to be honest.
@Sopheroo That would also work! What if there was some way of arranging the tiles however you wanted? Like, there was a chessboard (although maybe not with 64 squares), and you could choose which squares were 'lit up'?

I guess the big issue there is that you wouldn't be buying extra pages with lair expansions, but rather extra squares.
@Sopheroo That would also work! What if there was some way of arranging the tiles however you wanted? Like, there was a chessboard (although maybe not with 64 squares), and you could choose which squares were 'lit up'?

I guess the big issue there is that you wouldn't be buying extra pages with lair expansions, but rather extra squares.
34xf4wg.jpg
I think users should be able to choose from several default lair arrangements: 4x4, 5x3, 6x3, 5x4 etc.

I know some people would argue it would "mess up" expansions. But that just means some users would have incomplete rows, which I am fine with.

AAAA
ABBB
BBCC
CCCD

DDDD
EEEE
E

Like that. I hope I make sense.
I think users should be able to choose from several default lair arrangements: 4x4, 5x3, 6x3, 5x4 etc.

I know some people would argue it would "mess up" expansions. But that just means some users would have incomplete rows, which I am fine with.

AAAA
ABBB
BBCC
CCCD

DDDD
EEEE
E

Like that. I hope I make sense.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Oh man, it would drive me up the wall to have incomplete rows. I'll happily throw my support behind rows having an even number of dragons, but not at the cost of lair expansions leaving unfinished rows.
Oh man, it would drive me up the wall to have incomplete rows. I'll happily throw my support behind rows having an even number of dragons, but not at the cost of lair expansions leaving unfinished rows.
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

Even number per row, don't care how many rows per page. The problem for me now is arranging pairs - not only some pairs need to look across the page for their partner, a few even need to flip the page to find their partner... Are they having a fight or what?
Even number per row, don't care how many rows per page. The problem for me now is arranging pairs - not only some pairs need to look across the page for their partner, a few even need to flip the page to find their partner... Are they having a fight or what?
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
As much as I'd always wished it was 4x4, it would do more harm than good to change it now. They'd either have to change lair expansions to be 4 slots or have people cope with having uneven slots. Additionally it would mess up people's lairs, some people organize their dragons in ways other than pairs and this would potentially mess with how their lairs are set up as well. :\
As much as I'd always wished it was 4x4, it would do more harm than good to change it now. They'd either have to change lair expansions to be 4 slots or have people cope with having uneven slots. Additionally it would mess up people's lairs, some people organize their dragons in ways other than pairs and this would potentially mess with how their lairs are set up as well. :\
i would like to be able to put different sections e,g, breeders, fighters, exalts etc.
i would like to be able to put different sections e,g, breeders, fighters, exalts etc.
Any shift that makes visually pairing my dergs possible gets my support. :)
Any shift that makes visually pairing my dergs possible gets my support. :)
dNCLmdm.png
UK; sleeping 4pm-2am FRT // Pronouns: they/them // Feedback
~
Signature generator // Calendar of flight festivals until Sept 2019
[quote name="chespin" date="2014-08-31 14:53:39"][color=#585c4f] As much as I'd always wished it was 4x4, it would do more harm than good to change it now. They'd either have to change lair expansions to be 4 slots or have people cope with having uneven slots. Additionally it would mess up people's lairs, some people organize their dragons in ways other than pairs and this would potentially mess with how their lairs are set up as well. :\[/quote] I agree with this. It would strongly affect lair expansions. Instead, I think adding another row along the bottom would help even things out, so 5x4 rows. Pairing could be done as follows: AABBC DDEEC FFGGH JJKKH So all pairs are near each other, and lair expansions remain the same.
chespin wrote on 2014-08-31 14:53:39:

I agree with this. It would strongly affect lair expansions. Instead, I think adding another row along the bottom would help even things out, so 5x4 rows. Pairing could be done as follows:

AABBC
DDEEC
FFGGH
JJKKH

So all pairs are near each other, and lair expansions remain the same.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
1 2 3 4