Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Restore Progen
1 2
So I made the mistake of exalting my custom progen a while back. When I first created him I didn't pay too much attention and I ended up with a dragon that really didn't fit in my lair. Then I got to the point where I had no lair space and I had no plans for him.

"You'll never regret this decision" I said.

"He has no place in your lair anyway" I reasoned.

"Pfft! Scatter-scrolls! You'll never buy gems on here, or be able to save up enough to scatter him over an over again until his colours are something you like"

I'm sure other people are sitting here in the same boat. Probably not a lot, but I can't be the only one right?

Anyway, onto my suggestion: I would propose to introduce an item that returns an exalted progen (custom definitely, random would be debatable) to its original creator's lair.

This item would be a one time use. You cannot constantly exalt and return your progen to your lair. It would also be a Gem marketplace item valued anywhere between 350-500 gems.

This item would not be able to return any dragon, only progens. If any dragon could be returned it would just be an overpowered item and defeat the purpose. As progens already cannot be traded or sold through the auction house, I don't see why returning them a single time from exaltation would be too far fetched or lore-breaking.

How this would work would involve the user purchasing the item from the marketplace, then finding their dragon through either its lineage or the search function and going to the page which displays the exalted dragon. From there you would see a box with the restore item on the page and clicking it would pull up a disclaimer letting you know this could only be done once and you would not be able to restore your progen if you exalted after this. If you accept, your progen is returned to your lair and the item is removed from you.

I don't expect this to be implemented any time soon, as it is something I would assume it only effects a minority of players, but I would love to hear suggestions and feedback to improve the idea with the hope of it being implemented in the future.
So I made the mistake of exalting my custom progen a while back. When I first created him I didn't pay too much attention and I ended up with a dragon that really didn't fit in my lair. Then I got to the point where I had no lair space and I had no plans for him.

"You'll never regret this decision" I said.

"He has no place in your lair anyway" I reasoned.

"Pfft! Scatter-scrolls! You'll never buy gems on here, or be able to save up enough to scatter him over an over again until his colours are something you like"

I'm sure other people are sitting here in the same boat. Probably not a lot, but I can't be the only one right?

Anyway, onto my suggestion: I would propose to introduce an item that returns an exalted progen (custom definitely, random would be debatable) to its original creator's lair.

This item would be a one time use. You cannot constantly exalt and return your progen to your lair. It would also be a Gem marketplace item valued anywhere between 350-500 gems.

This item would not be able to return any dragon, only progens. If any dragon could be returned it would just be an overpowered item and defeat the purpose. As progens already cannot be traded or sold through the auction house, I don't see why returning them a single time from exaltation would be too far fetched or lore-breaking.

How this would work would involve the user purchasing the item from the marketplace, then finding their dragon through either its lineage or the search function and going to the page which displays the exalted dragon. From there you would see a box with the restore item on the page and clicking it would pull up a disclaimer letting you know this could only be done once and you would not be able to restore your progen if you exalted after this. If you accept, your progen is returned to your lair and the item is removed from you.

I don't expect this to be implemented any time soon, as it is something I would assume it only effects a minority of players, but I would love to hear suggestions and feedback to improve the idea with the hope of it being implemented in the future.
50lm6f.jpg
You can ask staff to restore one dragon ever, pretty sure.
You can ask staff to restore one dragon ever, pretty sure.
@Sopheroo

Do you have a source on that? Or anyone else?
@Sopheroo

Do you have a source on that? Or anyone else?
50lm6f.jpg
I never heard of asking admins to restore one dragon, either. But I would like my progen back, haha.
I never heard of asking admins to restore one dragon, either. But I would like my progen back, haha.
I think it's a good idea, and since it would only work on a progen it can't do any harm to another player or the economy. I exalted my random before the scatterscroll came out, because he was ugly, and it would be kinda cool to have him back now. (I think it's really been too long to ask the staff for him back anyway)
I think it's a good idea, and since it would only work on a progen it can't do any harm to another player or the economy. I exalted my random before the scatterscroll came out, because he was ugly, and it would be kinda cool to have him back now. (I think it's really been too long to ask the staff for him back anyway)
enhCzub.gif
I also think it's a very good harmless idea. Support.
I also think it's a very good harmless idea. Support.
Support - there are no cons to this that I can see/
Support - there are no cons to this that I can see/
Forum-signature.png
I would actually not mind an item that allows the restoration of any exalted dragon--ever had that feeling when you're trying to make a highly specific dragon, and there's a perfect one but it was exalted a year ago? Instead of hurting the economy it might even help encourage people to exalt some dragons they're on the fence about (like those with sentimental value) which would free up space so they'd buy some other new hatchling. It would probably also reduce the stigma associated with exalting, since it's no longer a one-way trip like death.

For non-progens you'd probably have to figure out which players are allowed to use it on what dragon though. :P
I would actually not mind an item that allows the restoration of any exalted dragon--ever had that feeling when you're trying to make a highly specific dragon, and there's a perfect one but it was exalted a year ago? Instead of hurting the economy it might even help encourage people to exalt some dragons they're on the fence about (like those with sentimental value) which would free up space so they'd buy some other new hatchling. It would probably also reduce the stigma associated with exalting, since it's no longer a one-way trip like death.

For non-progens you'd probably have to figure out which players are allowed to use it on what dragon though. :P
amPWH3j.png
Sorry but no support. I can see this causing problems down the road. I don't like the idea of any exalted dragons being able to be brought back into the system. I've also heard of admins being able to restore a dragon, I've not done this, so I'm a little uneasy about potentially spreading false information. But at any rate if you use the Contact Us form to ask them about it, the worst they can do is say no. :D
Sorry but no support. I can see this causing problems down the road. I don't like the idea of any exalted dragons being able to be brought back into the system. I've also heard of admins being able to restore a dragon, I've not done this, so I'm a little uneasy about potentially spreading false information. But at any rate if you use the Contact Us form to ask them about it, the worst they can do is say no. :D
[quote name="chespin" date="2014-08-29 09:13:34"][color=#585c4f] Sorry but no support. I can see this causing problems down the road. I don't like the idea of any exalted dragons being able to be brought back into the system. I've also heard of admins being able to restore a dragon, I've not done this, so I'm a little uneasy about potentially spreading false information. But at any rate if you use the Contact Us form to ask them about it, the worst they can do is say no. :D[/quote] I agree. If this [i]were[/i] to be implemented, it would have to be before there are any changes to the current exaltation process. I'd honestly prefer far less info be kept on Exalted dragons, regardless of progen/gen one/etc. Less space taken up by Exalts is more space that can be used for new features.
chespin wrote on 2014-08-29 09:13:34:

I agree. If this were to be implemented, it would have to be before there are any changes to the current exaltation process. I'd honestly prefer far less info be kept on Exalted dragons, regardless of progen/gen one/etc. Less space taken up by Exalts is more space that can be used for new features.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
1 2