Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pose-change scrolls
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 149 150
showing so much support for this

The FR team seems to really care for equality in this site and I totally see this working well.
I'm a cis person and I support this for my non-cis friends (:
showing so much support for this

The FR team seems to really care for equality in this site and I totally see this working well.
I'm a cis person and I support this for my non-cis friends (:
m2yLT5E.png
This is starting to get ridiculous.
This is not a debate on trans people. The reason why people oppose this is REALLY not because of that. The original point of this has gotten so twisted that it hardly makes anymore sense what people are saying.

First of all, if this does become a thing it would just...change the sex. That's it. I've seen it on other sites and there was no debate about it, it was just an item that switched the sex of the animal.

Second of all, I'm not comfortable with this becoming the subject of a sex switch scroll and I ain't cishet. I just want it to make my dragon be able to breed with the sex that it couldn't breed with before, so I could make a hatchling that I couldn't beforehand. What about people that don't want that to be the premise of why they used the scroll? What if they just want to do that? What if some people are uncomfortable applying that to dragons? The opposite argument is just as valid. It's ridiculous how I have to point out that I'm not cishet in order for me to be taken seriously. I don't like having to come out and say it but I really do not like the direction that this thread is taking.

Third of all, the reason why people oppose this is because of the difficulty in coding. I've already posted here why it would be difficult if you go a few pages back and I'm miffed at the fact that most people haven't even considered that yet.

If this would become a thing, there should just not be that much of a word on it. People can make up their own lore. Some people can support their RP purposes, and others can just ignore it entirely. But don't push one reason and ignore the others.

Just...I feel like a LOT of people are assuming that people are strongly contradicting this because they are cishet.

Because you know. If I make a valid argument against you, that obviously must designate what sexual orientation I am.

And that's not very nice.
This is starting to get ridiculous.
This is not a debate on trans people. The reason why people oppose this is REALLY not because of that. The original point of this has gotten so twisted that it hardly makes anymore sense what people are saying.

First of all, if this does become a thing it would just...change the sex. That's it. I've seen it on other sites and there was no debate about it, it was just an item that switched the sex of the animal.

Second of all, I'm not comfortable with this becoming the subject of a sex switch scroll and I ain't cishet. I just want it to make my dragon be able to breed with the sex that it couldn't breed with before, so I could make a hatchling that I couldn't beforehand. What about people that don't want that to be the premise of why they used the scroll? What if they just want to do that? What if some people are uncomfortable applying that to dragons? The opposite argument is just as valid. It's ridiculous how I have to point out that I'm not cishet in order for me to be taken seriously. I don't like having to come out and say it but I really do not like the direction that this thread is taking.

Third of all, the reason why people oppose this is because of the difficulty in coding. I've already posted here why it would be difficult if you go a few pages back and I'm miffed at the fact that most people haven't even considered that yet.

If this would become a thing, there should just not be that much of a word on it. People can make up their own lore. Some people can support their RP purposes, and others can just ignore it entirely. But don't push one reason and ignore the others.

Just...I feel like a LOT of people are assuming that people are strongly contradicting this because they are cishet.

Because you know. If I make a valid argument against you, that obviously must designate what sexual orientation I am.

And that's not very nice.
I very much like this idea, I'm on the supporting half of the fence.

I do think that the arguments are getting off topic a bit when we talk about for or against opinions, and I don't really know what to say to that. Pretty much I'm on board with:

- Item/Scroll being consumable
- Item/Scroll only affecting art
- Item/Scroll costing gems like similar scrolls in the Marketplace
- Item/Scroll making them unable to be sold on the AH (like eternal youth)

Which many have already said. I do see that it would take a lot of work, and I get that some people don't see the point in it, but I'm for the idea.
I very much like this idea, I'm on the supporting half of the fence.

I do think that the arguments are getting off topic a bit when we talk about for or against opinions, and I don't really know what to say to that. Pretty much I'm on board with:

- Item/Scroll being consumable
- Item/Scroll only affecting art
- Item/Scroll costing gems like similar scrolls in the Marketplace
- Item/Scroll making them unable to be sold on the AH (like eternal youth)

Which many have already said. I do see that it would take a lot of work, and I get that some people don't see the point in it, but I'm for the idea.
I quite agree with Popteenprincess, it's just an item to change your dragon from male to female or vice versa, why is it becoming a debate?
I quite agree with Popteenprincess, it's just an item to change your dragon from male to female or vice versa, why is it becoming a debate?
DVcXRyP.png
[quote name="Apocalyptichorse" date="2014-09-06 06:08:51"]I quite agree with Popteenprincess, it's just an item to change your dragon from male to female or vice versa, why is it becoming a debate?[/quote] The world may never know.. *ominous stare*
Apocalyptichorse wrote on 2014-09-06 06:08:51:

The world may never know.. *ominous stare*
3w2qxKL.png henlo im cridea!!
→ august/ramona !
→ they/he/she prns
→ ask for links/listo!!
Perhaps make it like a Skin? (Put in the Skins/Accents slot.) So you put in this gem-bought Gender-shift "skin" and it toggles the appearance to the other gender (or maybe you have to get MtF or FtM toggles, specifically, depending on the programming). Remove the skin for swapping back, selling, or exalting.

(Exalt as: (hatchling, adult male, adult female) would be kind of cool as a separate thing, though...)

Cosmetic change seems cool to me, frankly.
Perhaps make it like a Skin? (Put in the Skins/Accents slot.) So you put in this gem-bought Gender-shift "skin" and it toggles the appearance to the other gender (or maybe you have to get MtF or FtM toggles, specifically, depending on the programming). Remove the skin for swapping back, selling, or exalting.

(Exalt as: (hatchling, adult male, adult female) would be kind of cool as a separate thing, though...)

Cosmetic change seems cool to me, frankly.
I like the idea of being able to cosmetically change a dragon's gender - it'd make a lot of people happy for a lot of different reasons, and it allows us more customisation.
I like the idea of being able to cosmetically change a dragon's gender - it'd make a lot of people happy for a lot of different reasons, and it allows us more customisation.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Wow this thread got messy. The short version of my opinion: I support this, but do not personally consider it a high priority. --- While I am cis (though not het), one of my partners is trans/genderqueer, and a number of my online friends are as well. I don't feel like I can speak totally accurately on these issues, but I will say that my deep love and admiration for my trans and genderqueer friends means that if this is an issue that is important to them, I think it is valuable to address it. The fact that this site is a breeding game doesn't change the fact that the LGBTQI community is an important part of who we are, and I can only see it as a good thing to support our community. That being said, I think making scrolls such as these an issue of purely social justice is currently obscuring the argument somewhat. [quote name="xenogenesis" date="2014-08-23 15:33:55"][quote name="Ayeaka" date="2014-08-20 15:05:19"]I would probably get one for every male fae I have so they can use the female image.[/quote] I would buy so many more faes you have no idea XD Support - it's not game-breaking, eternal youth sets a precedent for being able to cosmetically alter the display image, it would make a lot of RPers and/or queer players happy, and it wouldn't personally impact players who wouldn't want to use the feature.[/quote] I'm quoting @xenogenesis here both because I agree with their reasoning, and because they point out a reason to support this that has been remarkably ignored: many users are interested in this scroll for exclusively cosmetic rather than RP reasons. Ultimately, [i]this is a cosmetic issue[/i]. It's a cosmetic issue that can be used to promote social justice, but it is still a cosmetic issue. One difference, though, between this and the Scroll of Eternal Youth is the fact that baby dragons cannot wear apparel, and we have been assuming that gender presentation-swapped dragons [i]would[/i]. I presume this is where the coding difficulty would come in, and it's something that we should accept may not be reasonable to request of FR's codesmiths, however valid our reasons for wanting it.
Wow this thread got messy.

The short version of my opinion: I support this, but do not personally consider it a high priority.

---

While I am cis (though not het), one of my partners is trans/genderqueer, and a number of my online friends are as well. I don't feel like I can speak totally accurately on these issues, but I will say that my deep love and admiration for my trans and genderqueer friends means that if this is an issue that is important to them, I think it is valuable to address it. The fact that this site is a breeding game doesn't change the fact that the LGBTQI community is an important part of who we are, and I can only see it as a good thing to support our community.

That being said, I think making scrolls such as these an issue of purely social justice is currently obscuring the argument somewhat.
xenogenesis wrote on 2014-08-23 15:33:55:
Ayeaka wrote on 2014-08-20 15:05:19:
I would probably get one for every male fae I have so they can use the female image.

I would buy so many more faes you have no idea XD

Support - it's not game-breaking, eternal youth sets a precedent for being able to cosmetically alter the display image, it would make a lot of RPers and/or queer players happy, and it wouldn't personally impact players who wouldn't want to use the feature.
I'm quoting @xenogenesis here both because I agree with their reasoning, and because they point out a reason to support this that has been remarkably ignored: many users are interested in this scroll for exclusively cosmetic rather than RP reasons.

Ultimately, this is a cosmetic issue. It's a cosmetic issue that can be used to promote social justice, but it is still a cosmetic issue. One difference, though, between this and the Scroll of Eternal Youth is the fact that baby dragons cannot wear apparel, and we have been assuming that gender presentation-swapped dragons would. I presume this is where the coding difficulty would come in, and it's something that we should accept may not be reasonable to request of FR's codesmiths, however valid our reasons for wanting it.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
Hi guys,

I'm just popping in to remind you all to keep discussion civil and friendly. It is okay to disagree, but please respect each others' opinions and keep in mind the site's rules and guidelines as well as the Terms of Use.

For now I am going to leave this thread open for further discussion, so please keep it civil and on-topic!

Thank you! c:
Hi guys,

I'm just popping in to remind you all to keep discussion civil and friendly. It is okay to disagree, but please respect each others' opinions and keep in mind the site's rules and guidelines as well as the Terms of Use.

For now I am going to leave this thread open for further discussion, so please keep it civil and on-topic!

Thank you! c:
Support.
In terms of coding, the scroll would piggyback off of the breed change scroll's script source and simply swap the M/F images instead of the breed images. There is the issue of skins/accents and apparel, but those function just fine on breed changes. If that mechanic is in the game, why not this? I think its a great idea and this is probably the best way to go about it.

No support for accent/skin slot replacement though. If I were to use this I would still like to be able to use accents. If the accent/skin slot is an issue, then apparel is too.
Support.
In terms of coding, the scroll would piggyback off of the breed change scroll's script source and simply swap the M/F images instead of the breed images. There is the issue of skins/accents and apparel, but those function just fine on breed changes. If that mechanic is in the game, why not this? I think its a great idea and this is probably the best way to go about it.

No support for accent/skin slot replacement though. If I were to use this I would still like to be able to use accents. If the accent/skin slot is an issue, then apparel is too.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 149 150