Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dom transparency?
1 2 3 4
Basically no support, though the racing meter thing looks like fun.
Basically no support, though the racing meter thing looks like fun.
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
[quote name="TaffertianTales" date="2014-08-10 12:26:10"]No support. I'd support a racing meter. Here, cute graphic: [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/34oxbx3.png[/IMG] (Positions are all random.) That way, it'd be imprecise enough to still be fun, but accurate enough to plan a bit.[/quote] ^Support for something like this. Nothing concrete, but enough to see if the race is a close one. I would like that much information available, at least.
TaffertianTales wrote on 2014-08-10 12:26:10:
No support. I'd support a racing meter. Here, cute graphic:

34oxbx3.png

(Positions are all random.) That way, it'd be imprecise enough to still be fun, but accurate enough to plan a bit.
^Support for something like this. Nothing concrete, but enough to see if the race is a close one. I would like that much information available, at least.
[quote name="TaffertianTales" date="2014-08-10 12:26:10"]No support. I'd support a racing meter. Here, cute graphic: [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/34oxbx3.png[/IMG] (Positions are all random.) That way, it'd be imprecise enough to still be fun, but accurate enough to plan a bit.[/quote] Hm...neat idea, but the gaps would still be a bit of an issue. 'Cause yeah, if the two Flights pushing for Dominance are as close as Plague and Nature in your graph, that looks like a nice little gap that they can fight to close! But what if the difference between the top two is like the distance between Lightning and Ice? There's a good chance people would get the feeling of "Oh...we're only barely holding second...and [Flight] is so far ahead of us...I don't think we can win..." and that would bum out the less competitive types, which could then bring down an entire Flight's morale/ability to push.

34oxbx3.png

(Positions are all random.) That way, it'd be imprecise enough to still be fun, but accurate enough to plan a bit.
Hm...neat idea, but the gaps would still be a bit of an issue. 'Cause yeah, if the two Flights pushing for Dominance are as close as Plague and Nature in your graph, that looks like a nice little gap that they can fight to close! But what if the difference between the top two is like the distance between Lightning and Ice? There's a good chance people would get the feeling of "Oh...we're only barely holding second...and [Flight] is so far ahead of us...I don't think we can win..." and that would bum out the less competitive types, which could then bring down an entire Flight's morale/ability to push.
signatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.png
No support for numbers.

The % of all dragons exalted would be alright.

The line with distance between them could work.

I'll suggest another idea: Blocks.

For example: Light exalts 2000 points of dragons to hit 1 block. Then they get a small square next to their name on the dom bar. When Shadow exalts 3000 points of dragons, they hit 1 block.

If Light exalts 12000 points of dragons and Shadow exalts 12000 points of dragons, Light will have 6 blocks and Shadow will have 4 blocks.

0UHBjg9.png

(The blocks on earth could be sideways too. Or the blocks could be replaced with flight emblems. Just an idea of the placement.)

The value of a single block would always be changing with the amount of people in a flight. As I assume bonuses and levels would factor into the points a dragon is worth, there should be no way for players to coordinate an effort to find out how much a block is worth per flight.
No support for numbers.

The % of all dragons exalted would be alright.

The line with distance between them could work.

I'll suggest another idea: Blocks.

For example: Light exalts 2000 points of dragons to hit 1 block. Then they get a small square next to their name on the dom bar. When Shadow exalts 3000 points of dragons, they hit 1 block.

If Light exalts 12000 points of dragons and Shadow exalts 12000 points of dragons, Light will have 6 blocks and Shadow will have 4 blocks.

0UHBjg9.png

(The blocks on earth could be sideways too. Or the blocks could be replaced with flight emblems. Just an idea of the placement.)

The value of a single block would always be changing with the amount of people in a flight. As I assume bonuses and levels would factor into the points a dragon is worth, there should be no way for players to coordinate an effort to find out how much a block is worth per flight.
[quote name="@DragonGirl218" date="2014-08-10 14:28:37"][quote name="TaffertianTales" date="2014-08-10 12:26:10"]No support. I'd support a racing meter. Here, cute graphic: [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/34oxbx3.png[/IMG] (Positions are all random.) That way, it'd be imprecise enough to still be fun, but accurate enough to plan a bit.[/quote] Hm...neat idea, but the gaps would still be a bit of an issue. 'Cause yeah, if the two Flights pushing for Dominance are as close as Plague and Nature in your graph, that looks like a nice little gap that they can fight to close! But what if the difference between the top two is like the distance between Lightning and Ice? There's a good chance people would get the feeling of "Oh...we're only barely holding second...and [Flight] is so far ahead of us...I don't think we can win..." and that would bum out the less competitive types, which could then bring down an entire Flight's morale/ability to push.[/quote]In Arcane, we saw Wind top the chart the whole week with little break. Morale was low but we pushed through and won anyway. I think it would have really helped to know if we were neck and neck, but even when a lot of members thought Wind's strategy would soundly beat ours, we still pulled together and won. You can really argue for any proposed stats being good or bad. I guess the only question is which is the best.
@DragonGirl218 wrote on 2014-08-10 14:28:37:

34oxbx3.png

Hm...neat idea, but the gaps would still be a bit of an issue. 'Cause yeah, if the two Flights pushing for Dominance are as close as Plague and Nature in your graph, that looks like a nice little gap that they can fight to close! But what if the difference between the top two is like the distance between Lightning and Ice? There's a good chance people would get the feeling of "Oh...we're only barely holding second...and [Flight] is so far ahead of us...I don't think we can win..." and that would bum out the less competitive types, which could then bring down an entire Flight's morale/ability to push.
In Arcane, we saw Wind top the chart the whole week with little break. Morale was low but we pushed through and won anyway. I think it would have really helped to know if we were neck and neck, but even when a lot of members thought Wind's strategy would soundly beat ours, we still pulled together and won.
You can really argue for any proposed stats being good or bad. I guess the only question is which is the best.
1qad2pq.jpg
So I think it'd be fun to be able to see how much people are winning by? Like, it would make things more exciting to know that the race is still close even when the list isn't changing. Even if it didn't update in real time, I think it'd make dominance a lot more fun/dynamic if we had like, a bar graph showing how close things are, even if it's just the two leaders
So I think it'd be fun to be able to see how much people are winning by? Like, it would make things more exciting to know that the race is still close even when the list isn't changing. Even if it didn't update in real time, I think it'd make dominance a lot more fun/dynamic if we had like, a bar graph showing how close things are, even if it's just the two leaders
4mPQpJQ.png
I can't support. Using numbers, even vague ones, will give people something to use to basically calculate what's needed to win versus which flights, and being transparent in general takes all the fun and intensity out of dom (which is literally the only thing i look forward to on this site anymore).

The point is that you have to keep pushing. If you know how far ahead or behind the other party is, it will change the way you play, and rip away the opportunity it gives the losing flight to make a nice comeback.
I can't support. Using numbers, even vague ones, will give people something to use to basically calculate what's needed to win versus which flights, and being transparent in general takes all the fun and intensity out of dom (which is literally the only thing i look forward to on this site anymore).

The point is that you have to keep pushing. If you know how far ahead or behind the other party is, it will change the way you play, and rip away the opportunity it gives the losing flight to make a nice comeback.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
I'm still sour about what happened between arcane and wind (when i woke up and saw arcane won i literally felt my heart break), but people have a point.

I support anything showing at least a bit of how close we are. Doesn't have to be exact numbers.
I'm still sour about what happened between arcane and wind (when i woke up and saw arcane won i literally felt my heart break), but people have a point.

I support anything showing at least a bit of how close we are. Doesn't have to be exact numbers.
I don't support the giving of exact numbers since... formulas and such. Best kept to the in-game mechanics.
I don't support the giving of exact numbers since... formulas and such. Best kept to the in-game mechanics.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
I support more dom transparency. I am not sure what, and agree with everyone that we shouldn't know exact numbers in the admins don't want us to calculate formulae, but we should have more transparency.
I support more dom transparency. I am not sure what, and agree with everyone that we shouldn't know exact numbers in the admins don't want us to calculate formulae, but we should have more transparency.
168.gif
PZ8B0.gifRrwdO.gif4Lakh.gifNAcLh.gif5UdUH.gif5lke1.gifQOjun.gifXouPg.gif8NT71.gifRdS7T.gifMmKVG.gifPJa8Z.gifsRYpe.gif
1 2 3 4