Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Game Suggestion] Snake
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
At least that's what I remember it being called on my old PC. I'm sure there's plenty of modern variations of it but the old one is the only one I've ever played, and I really enjoyed it.

The concept is pretty simple. Using direction keys (up, down, left, right) you control an ever-moving snake around the playing field to eat apples. When he eats enough apples the 'golden apple' appears and, eating that, the doorway to the next 'room' is opened, and when you go through it you make it to the next level.

The difficulty is that the more apples he eats, the longer he gets, and if he runs into himself (or an obstacle) it's game over. With each new room the playing field grows more challenging as well. What started as just one or two walls to be avoided becomes a full-fledged maze.

Now, my idea for turning this into a Flight Rising appropriate game would be to bring in the dragons' hoarding habits. The player would guide their dragon through the field, avoiding obstacles and gathering treasures that are lying on the field, waiting for the 'key' to appear and unlock the passage to the next area. Each area would be more difficult than the next, and the payoff would improve with each difficulty increase, kind of like with Runestones.

My idea for the treasure payoff is to make the treasure and items that the player picks up the actual reward for the game.

The only thing is there'd have to be a set limit to what each level can give or there's nothing stopping a person from just staying in the first level endlessly gathering treasure. A time limit would prevent this, I think.

There could be a set amount of treasure given for each level (the amount needed to make the key appear), with treasures of higher value appearing after the key drops, tempting the player to try to gather those before time runs out. Maybe there could be rare item drops as well? And the treasure and items would only be added to the player's hoard after making it through that level.

Thoughts?
At least that's what I remember it being called on my old PC. I'm sure there's plenty of modern variations of it but the old one is the only one I've ever played, and I really enjoyed it.

The concept is pretty simple. Using direction keys (up, down, left, right) you control an ever-moving snake around the playing field to eat apples. When he eats enough apples the 'golden apple' appears and, eating that, the doorway to the next 'room' is opened, and when you go through it you make it to the next level.

The difficulty is that the more apples he eats, the longer he gets, and if he runs into himself (or an obstacle) it's game over. With each new room the playing field grows more challenging as well. What started as just one or two walls to be avoided becomes a full-fledged maze.

Now, my idea for turning this into a Flight Rising appropriate game would be to bring in the dragons' hoarding habits. The player would guide their dragon through the field, avoiding obstacles and gathering treasures that are lying on the field, waiting for the 'key' to appear and unlock the passage to the next area. Each area would be more difficult than the next, and the payoff would improve with each difficulty increase, kind of like with Runestones.

My idea for the treasure payoff is to make the treasure and items that the player picks up the actual reward for the game.

The only thing is there'd have to be a set limit to what each level can give or there's nothing stopping a person from just staying in the first level endlessly gathering treasure. A time limit would prevent this, I think.

There could be a set amount of treasure given for each level (the amount needed to make the key appear), with treasures of higher value appearing after the key drops, tempting the player to try to gather those before time runs out. Maybe there could be rare item drops as well? And the treasure and items would only be added to the player's hoard after making it through that level.

Thoughts?
banner_zpsf314ed2c.pngtumblr_inline_mwud3bHLGY1r9ywrd.png
The snake could totally be an Imperial or a Spiral. I like that snake game. It could be a lot of fun.

Support.
The snake could totally be an Imperial or a Spiral. I like that snake game. It could be a lot of fun.

Support.
1kz7OWt.png
It sounds like a spiral thing. Would love a spiral baby winding its way compulsively hoarding shinies <3
It sounds like a spiral thing. Would love a spiral baby winding its way compulsively hoarding shinies <3
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
I love this idea so much. It&#039;d be much more fun than the current matching/puzzle games.
I love this idea so much. It&#039;d be much more fun than the current matching/puzzle games.
i love snake ;w; puzzles and matching aren&#039;t really my thing but snake definitely is and i&#039;d love to play it. a spiral flying around the windswept plateau catching things to eat, for example, would be pretty cute.
i love snake ;w; puzzles and matching aren&#039;t really my thing but snake definitely is and i&#039;d love to play it. a spiral flying around the windswept plateau catching things to eat, for example, would be pretty cute.
gApsQ4I.png
I want this so bad, and not just because i&#039;m biased. ouo b
I want this so bad, and not just because i&#039;m biased. ouo b
skarmzag.png
It&#039;d be a cool game but I wouldn&#039;t be able to play it cause I don&#039;t have a keyboard...
It&#039;d be a cool game but I wouldn&#039;t be able to play it cause I don&#039;t have a keyboard...
enhCzub.gif
That would be so fun with a spiral. :D Support.
That would be so fun with a spiral. :D Support.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
Ooh, yes. Support! C:
Ooh, yes. Support! C:
YES! I really support that simply because the Snake game reminds me of my childhood! I used to play a Tolkien-ish version that was called Dragon Smaug.

A FlightRising version would be great, it could implement lore in it (the snake could be one of the Gods like the Arcane or Wind deity or even the Shade! The Shaaaaade!)
YES! I really support that simply because the Snake game reminds me of my childhood! I used to play a Tolkien-ish version that was called Dragon Smaug.

A FlightRising version would be great, it could implement lore in it (the snake could be one of the Gods like the Arcane or Wind deity or even the Shade! The Shaaaaade!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11